Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythos will be remade soon. When should the new thread start IC-wise?

Right where the old one left off. (Aka make new thread right away!) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
After the Calxus invasion. (Spoiler: Calxus wins with this option) 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
Sometime during the Calxus invasion. 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 137 138 139 > >> >>> »|

spooksie

Oh, I'm here now!
            Feel free to just quote me if you want to talk/plot out things.

I'll be around for most the night though, working on my profile and chatting. =3

Chatty Flatterer

14,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hey Amara~ I'm snow. :3
            Hello Snow!
            How are you doing?

Chatty Flatterer

14,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I am doing fine, just multi-tasking on somethings. What about yourself?
            I'm doing pretty good!
            Working on mah profile, mostly.

Chatty Flatterer

14,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I luckily got done Akako's pretty easily since she is a carry over character from the original. Trying to work out the kinks in my male's profile though. >W<
            Awesome~
            Lyra's a new idea for me, but the profile is actually coming along nicely.

I'll definitely hold sending it in till I can talk with Spooksie though, so we can talk about Spiritualistic thingies for our characters. =3

Chatty Flatterer

14,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Her moth girl is awesome. :3
                  Nevros

i read up on pretty much everything i could, and i'm not sure what element i would associate her with right now. my male character's gonna be a bryn so he'll be an aeromancer probably? not sure if i like the idea of having two characters who work with the wind element. so i might just make it so she hasn't chose an element if i can't decide on one.

i should get both of my reserves in soon i'm tryin' to do like a million things at once it's not working out lol

Meridon Amaranth

oh hey! i don't have any ideas that i'm absolutely sure of, because i haven't yet touched the profile for my moth lady who i'm naming falena, so my ideas are going to be short and lame i'm sorry! BUT UH right now i'm thinking that falena is a tiny, nosy priestess, very connected the god she believes in. i could see her meddle in whatever lyra does, let alone with other members of the guild
spooksie

Edit: Ooops, bit of a wall of text! Sorry. Also, I'm open to ideas/help with this... It's my first time creating a religion for an RP.

Heehee, Lyra can deal with nosy!
            And I'm working on the details of the God she worships as I go but I'll share what I've come up with so far (there will probably be some fine tuning to come, though). Keep in mind, this is assuming that the Guild represents all faiths and not a singular one. =3

So far, I know he's called Maharus and his symbol is a White Rose with golden vines stretching from the sides. He's associated with nature and embracing and celebrating all steps of Life from birth to death, and most the Temples are located in relatively secluded areas. The faith is an old one, and they maintain a lot of primitive practices. Because the majority of Maharus' worshipers are unwilling to change/adapt, the faith is dying as followers turn to Gods with more modern ideals and approaches.

One of the oldest practices is how they mark their Priest(ess), Clerics, and Paladins; Those who become initiates of Maharus are marked with a white rose tattoo at the base of their throat, between their collarbone. When the High Priest(ess) deems them ready, they go out on a little pilgrimage to help people and spread their faith to prove their worth. Once they've returned, the tattoo is expanded up, adding gold vines that stretch along the newly inducted sister/brother's collarbone as well as a mark for the path they've chosen; Priests and Priestesses of the faith, who generally maintain the temples and lead sermons get a small golden hand tattooed under the rose; Clerics, who are the ones that travel around helping those in need are marked with a golden heart; and Paladins of the faith are tattooed with a golden sword. The tattoo is expanded for every rank they achieve thereafter, and though it rarely happens, those who are exiled or banished from the faith are forced to have the tattoo burned off (this leaves an ugly scar in it's place, of course).

Up until recently, Maharus and his followers were not part of the Spiritualist Society, but a push from the younger members managed to convince their present leader to let some of them join the Guild in an attempt to save their Religion from completely disappearing. And that's how Lyra became part of the guild, though she's still technically not a full member of the faith until she completes her pilgrimage.

Lyra does represent Maharus, he's her chief Deity, but she believes that there is more then one God and they all deserve a healthy amount of respect. Recently, she's started thinking herself to be a 'chosen' representative for Maharus and intends on using her time on her pilgrimage to locate what she believes to be the first Temple dedicated to Maharus from a time when the world was still one continent.

Phantom

Meridon Amaranth

You're right, the Spiritualist Society definitely isn't seclusive to one or a few religions. This is a pretty cool religion ~ perhaps I should add a section for player-made lore, such as this and more on the front page...

The major temples can probably be found in Lycarua, and Gaia. :O

I can see Myron liking this religion. :3 I forgot to mention it, but he's actually quite sympathetic towards nature.
nevros

I think I maybe liked this creating a Religion thing.
            And a player made lore post would be awesome!
                  Meridon Amaranth

i love it! i think the tattoo idea is brilliant, and i especially like the idea of a god who's associated with nature. If i think of anything to share regarding your religion i'll let you know! i was thinking that falena would believe in a deity connected with nature too, with her being a fairy and all. however, i'm thinking that she would believe in a goddess, who i may lightly base on mother nature. i'm thinking this goddess could be what some faeries believe in, and i could see her growing up in a small village in a forest where believing in said goddess is common and openly practiced.

i'll have to think on it more for now, especially when details are concerned. i'm not sure if this would be going too far considering the grotesqueness of it but, falena might actually practice sacrificial rituals and rather harsh rules that of course, would probably be seen as macabre and cruel to those who don't believe in the religion, but it's completely acceptable wherever she may be from. i guess that's what i meant by evil intentions aha. this is similar to what i originally had planned out. i'm not exactly sure of anything yet, at this point.

i also like the idea of a lore section that'd be real cool~
spooksie

I can definitely see there being more then one Religion involving nature, especially in a world with so many different races! And it would give our characters some common ground too; "You worship the Goddess of Nature? I worship a God of Nature!" And I think having someone who worships a Goddess that requires sacrifices is cool idea. You could really make some interesting interactions between Falena and other players with it too.

All though, Maharus wasn't originally a deity associated with Nature, but over the years it got changed. The Religion originated as a Religion of Life and Death but slowly became more about nature as time went on. The history (though it's long forgotten by this point), is actually that there were two Deity's; Mahara and Arus who were supposed to be sister and brother. Mahara was the Goddess of Life and ones body while they lived on Eraolia (or Pangaea back then!), and Arus took care of the soul after the body had withered away. Somewhere along the line, they got merged into one Deity, and Mahara's values became the dominant ones represented for the new entity, but physically appeared to be Arus. And life is strongly linked with nature so yeah!

If Gods exist, Maharus technically is a man-made fabrication based off two Gods. =3

Phantom

Well, I wouldn't dare toss aside a good idea... expect a player-submitted-lore section to appear on the main IC page sometime soon... probably tomorrow. I'm feeling too lazy to make the graphics and do everything right now. ^u^

Plus, I gotta' find a better profile picture for Myron and Vaan...o////o Everyone else has such nice ones! Ahhh...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff