Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Wolf

9,575 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Had a long day today : P I don't have much energy left to work on the profile so I'll just have it finish tomorrow

Cunning Informer

11,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divorced 100
Hey everyone! I just had a brand new idea, while think up the first murder. XD Anyhow.

█║ 「A S K I N G X F O R X I N P U T」

So I don't know if this is needlessly complicating things or would this be more interesting but What do you guys think of this?

During the investigation phase, You will find objects. (same as what was put before) Only, Depending on your characters history/talent they might not be able to identify the object. This forces them to either ask for help or makes certain clues useless. (Mod will ask careful questions to make sure that the person knows.

Monokuma coins can help identify the object for you or locate the right person to help, (1 monokuma coin to know which SHSL talent that can help identify it. 5 for straight identification.)

Let's put this in practice, I'm going to use No good Naeginata!

User Image
          now Naeginata been investigating near the crime scene.

A mod inform the roleplayer playing him

"Congratulation, The following players found:
                  Naeginata found a funny box thing
                  Yuki found a Monokuma coin
                  Aya found nothing.

Well, Good for Naeginata but being a talentless SHSL, He has no idea what the heck the funny box thing is...Fortunately, he could chose to ask other people.

He asked Tobias. Tobias roleplayer will be told what it is since it's in character for his character to know, or if the roleplayer already know the better. "That's a gun magazine!"
          The following people would probably know:

Antonio? (watch his family being shot down in front of him would, probably know what it is)
          Opal
          Heaven
          Ragnar (played lots of games?)

Now just because one player ask you doesn't mean the character always will help out. They might lie.
          Itazura:
          "Whoa! that's actually my pencil holder!"
          "R-really?"
          Itazura:"Yeah, where you find it?" *takes* and thinks "That's a gun magazine....*

Or they can point out the right person to identify it if they have partial knowledge of it.

In this example what if Naeginata found this instead and shows this to Heaven..

"Sorry buddy! I can't read this, I can tell it's Chinese though! Why don't you ask Kunagi? She's Chiense, right?"

So what do you think? Too weird?

Maia Hart

KeyBlader1

yurrai

Qunarri

AbsoluteHero

xRagnaraqx

Tenrou Kunagi
          (By the way take your time!)

HellFire Eternal

Elf November
Seems solid enough- requires a lot of support from mods, though.
Also for your little note there, Antonio would likely know it was ammo, but not for what sort of gun- honestly when it comes to identifying clues, Antonio is probably one of the worse talents to do so.. he might have some strategic half-knowledge of various things, but won't be an expert at most murder clues, unless they have something to do with nobility or politics or something, for whatever reason.

Victorious Ally

oooooooooooooooooooooo thats so cool! with the mods regulating it, it would keep players equally interacting and such things. plus, it would make sure there's little stalling out during investigations!
im so excited for this omfg

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Skyeworks
Hey everyone! I just had a brand new idea, while think up the first murder. XD Anyhow.

<baleeted>

Sounds awesome! I hadn't given too much thought about the investigation phase myself. I would like to clarify something, though:

Skyeworks

Could you get more specific as to what triggers a discovery? Does the player just have to be in the same room as the clue? Do they have to be looking in a certain direction or at something specific--and if so, how do they know what to look at? What determines whether a player finds a clue, a coin, or nothing at all?

Also, what do you think about certain SHSL talents being required to find things in the first place? For example, if Tobias sees a gunshot wound, only he would know that he should be looking for spent brass or gunpowder residue. Either Yuki, Sadako, or Ein would notice that a set of Japanese dolls was missing one in the set. Stuff like that.
Yeah man, I'm building up hype myself for this- really, really hope people get a move on and we can actually begin ASAP.
That said though, I don't have a posting format- I can drum something really basic up, but alas I am terrible at making anything remotely impressive.

I'm also pretty jelly of some of those emotion pictures there- but hey who knows. With a roleplay like this, ships (of both the love and hate variety) and possible fanart could happen- and both those things make me curiously happy to partake in / see. 3nodding

Victorious Ally

i would like seeing how SHSL talents could play into discovering things and investigating :O

maybe characters have special talents during an investigation that would help them? like SHSL bodyguard would be good at making sure the body doesnt get tampered with after being found, SHSL con artist would be very difficult if not impossible to lie to, SHSL pharmacy technologist would be good at examining bodies and so on? obviously everyone would have to speak for their own characters on what they can contribute (if anything)

and i like the idea that we can choose which room to send characters to and hope they get a clue there

azuresky808's Waifu

Girl-Crazy Hellraiser

17,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
Just putting in my two cents while I finish up my reserve, that sounds like a good way to help the investigations <: Just to help the mods a little, as well as make sure those whose characters are murdered are still able to participate in the story, would those with deceased characters be able to help with telling people they've discovered clues? Obviously a lot of planning would go into it beforehand, not just them pointing out stuff at random, but it would be a nice way to keep people involved even after their characters are dead.

Cunning Informer

11,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divorced 100
Maia Hart
Skyeworks

<baleeted>

Sounds awesome! I hadn't given too much thought about the investigation phase myself. I would like to clarify something, though:

Skyeworks

Could you get more specific as to what triggers a discovery? Does the player just have to be in the same room as the clue? Do they have to be looking in a certain direction or at something specific--and if so, how do they know what to look at? What determines whether a player finds a clue, a coin, or nothing at all?

Also, what do you think about certain SHSL talents being required to find things in the first place? For example, if Tobias sees a gunshot wound, only he would know that he should be looking for spent brass or gunpowder residue. Either Yuki, Sadako, or Ein would notice that a set of Japanese dolls was missing one in the set. Stuff like that.
--I would love to change the world,--

oh man oh man, Idk. I was going off on what you wrote on the rule section. But I would say for clues anyhow, the death announcement will talk about the death. scene, which would give clues on where to look.

I think it depends on the clue tbh. being in the same room for general clues is fine. Like for example lets say the victim is holding something, then the person who looked at the body first gets to see it. If it's a weapon or something that a killer would hide I think you have to look at a specific area. Wouldn't make sense to have a discovery just being in the same room, Now It doesn't have to be that specific like for example if it's something under the bed. just stateing that your character looked at the bed or near by the bed is enough. biggrin Monokuma is just being in the same room, no need to complicate things.

TLDR: If it's in plain site then being in the same room trigger a discovery, also monokuma coins. If not then looking NEAR the location is enough.

I like that, the perks of a shsl works in favor of what clues to look for.
--but they won't give me the source code--

Cunning Informer

11,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divorced 100
AbsoluteHero
Seems solid enough- requires a lot of support from mods, though.
Also for your little note there, Antonio would likely know it was ammo, but not for what sort of gun- honestly when it comes to identifying clues, Antonio is probably one of the worse talents to do so.. he might have some strategic half-knowledge of various things, but won't be an expert at most murder clues, unless they have something to do with nobility or politics or something, for whatever reason.

Lol. I did this before actually, (Similar but not exactly like this)

I ran a murder mystery dinner party roleplay, when I first started college....It got a little out of hands because some new people came in and starting messing things up by metagaming. I got fed up and left because those new people were young and made me feel like a bully by pointing out that they are doing that.

Example: they see a clue that their character should not know about, (Think of a Victorian Era British Guy finding a Japanese script) And some how manage to translate it because the role player themselves knew what it mean so their character magically translate it....

When I pointed it out, the players got hurt and gave a bs excuse.(the new players seem pretty young middle school-high school. The target fandom of the roleplay was pretty young) So I quit gave my position to someone else and left. (not gaia btw)

I actually might have something that his talent could be used for, does he have knowledge of Old style weapons....or Knows where to find hidden passages...I'm pretty confident in my puzzle making skills.

(Yuji have half knowledge of those things too, being an Director that specialized in action films.

Cunning Informer

11,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divorced 100
AbsoluteHero
Yeah man, I'm building up hype myself for this- really, really hope people get a move on and we can actually begin ASAP.
That said though, I don't have a posting format- I can drum something really basic up, but alas I am terrible at making anything remotely impressive.

I'm also pretty jelly of some of those emotion pictures there- but hey who knows. With a roleplay like this, ships (of both the love and hate variety) and possible fanart could happen- and both those things make me curiously happy to partake in / see. 3nodding

Emotion pictures? where?!?! :3

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/personalized-graphics/free-premade-roleplay-codes-new-12-18/t.87523365/

I basically took Heaven code from this thread. :3 AND you can edit it!

Cunning Informer

11,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divorced 100
HellFire Eternal
Just putting in my two cents while I finish up my reserve, that sounds like a good way to help the investigations <: Just to help the mods a little, as well as make sure those whose characters are murdered are still able to participate in the story, would those with deceased characters be able to help with telling people they've discovered clues? Obviously a lot of planning would go into it beforehand, not just them pointing out stuff at random, but it would be a nice way to keep people involved even after their characters are dead.

YES!! OMG YES!

But...ahem....though most likely that people who have one character wouldn't be taken out. Also we have the matter of the Roleplayers telling other people where the clues are. like for instance if let say I die, and I know that there's a clue in a certain room. who to stop me from telling my friends where to look in by pm...But I'll try to work something like that out with people.

Since we do not have the earlier problem of new people coming in, like the last time I did this. I'll consider this. (Very likely I'll say yes.)

Cunning Informer

11,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divorced 100

Also I'm really REally glad everyone is chipping in with their opinion! I got the idea because well one, I did something similiar before. and 2) this tutorial case have some evidence that requires specialized knowledge.
Skyeworks

That story sounds like a total drag, but I getcha.
As for those two examples, I'm afraid that Antonio wouldn't really know either of those things- old weapons not so much, besides his own ceremonial King's rapier- and he doesn't have the knack for investigation / discovery of hidden passages.
No, I'm afraid Antonio's skills lie in other places- most likely his Charisma and his tendency to try for a leader position. As a King he understood and relied upon many, many royal advisers in mulitple fields- leading them and having them assist him where neccessary. Ergo, knowledge-wise though Antonio has a broad or shallow understanding in various topics, finding a clue that he alone could truly explain or recognise is likely to be difficult.

Still, not saying its impossible- and if you trust in your puzzle-making skills then I guess we'll see what happens, hm? Haha.

Victorious Ally

Skyeworks
HellFire Eternal

YES!! OMG YES!

But...ahem....though most likely that people who have one character wouldn't be taken out. Also we have the matter of the Roleplayers telling other people where the clues are. like for instance if let say I die, and I know that there's a clue in a certain room. who to stop me from telling my friends where to look in by pm...But I'll try to work something like that out with people.

Since we do not have the earlier problem of new people coming in, like the last time I did this. I'll consider this. (Very likely I'll say yes.)

we might also want to work on the honor system where we just promise not to spill the beans to someone over a PM and make it unfair or just less fun for everyone
cheaters could get a visit from monobear if theyre caught

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces