Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Millionaire

Sounds fun! I have wanted to do a pokemon X Trainer RP, but unfortunately...I think or writing-length might clash too much. ^^;
Caoimhe Gallagher

Sounds fun! I have wanted to do a pokemon X Trainer RP, but unfortunately...I think or writing-length might clash too much. ^^;
Ahh, you like to write a lot eh?

Beloved Millionaire

Furred Friend
Caoimhe Gallagher

No. I write substance. My belief is, fluff sucks, substance rocks.

I try to reach around 4 Paragraphs a post (Openers tend to be longer, just to get into the story).

I mean, if you could usually get 3 paragraphs, it could work, but it kind of sounds that you only go that far if needed and tend to write less. D=

My main reason for my post length is, you can't really push the RP in any direction in just a few sentences, you know? And a lot of people seem to leave guiding the RP up to me, and that gets boring. Lol.
Caoimhe Gallagher
Furred Friend
Caoimhe Gallagher

No. I write substance. My belief is, fluff sucks, substance rocks.

I try to reach around 4 Paragraphs a post (Openers tend to be longer, just to get into the story).

I mean, if you could usually get 3 paragraphs, it could work, but it kind of sounds that you only go that far if needed and tend to write less. D=

My main reason for my post length is, you can't really push the RP in any direction in just a few sentences, you know? And a lot of people seem to leave guiding the RP up to me, and that gets boring. Lol.
I manage with my own with a paragraph a post, average. It's about a 5 to 7 sentence paragraph. I only put a post limit as, well, you know how it can get. Someone will write a novel, and give me no time to react, even controlling my character to fit their story line in that time. I feel like having too much happen at once is bad for the role play.

But yeah, if you're not comfortable with trying a role play out with someone who might not meet your standards, then by all means I won't ask you to. I wouldn't want someone to ask the same of me, after all.

Beloved Millionaire

Furred Friend

I understand your point well.
But through my own experience, people trying to guide RP in a paragraph has never worked out.
I never control someone else's person (unless needed, like...I need to jump out a window with them to save them from a fire... And in those cases, I get permission ahead of time so that they know I'm going to do it if they let me...OR THEY CAN STAY IN THE FIRE AND FIND THEIR OWN WAY OUT!...

Lol. ^_^
Caoimhe Gallagher
Furred Friend

I understand your point well.
But through my own experience, people trying to guide RP in a paragraph has never worked out.
I never control someone else's person (unless needed, like...I need to jump out a window with them to save them from a fire... And in those cases, I get permission ahead of time so that they know I'm going to do it if they let me...OR THEY CAN STAY IN THE FIRE AND FIND THEIR OWN WAY OUT!...

Lol. ^_^
My experience has been different then. Very much so. :3

And I am fine with THAT kind of controlling. If one character directly grabs another's hands, or they area already headed to do something, then it's perfectly fine to state that they accomplished what was set out to happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff