Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 >

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Hi you can call me Ara.

I'm looking for a Fantasy/Adventure, Fantasy/Horror or Fantasy/Sci-Fi RP partner.

I only RP by PM.

I do not cyber, but romance is not out of the question (you may have to work for it though).

I may only be able to send a reply once or twice a day, so I want someone who is willing to stick it out over the long haul...

Someone who is fairly literate is preferred.
I generally play female characters, but that's not set in stone.

I have no specific starter in mind, but I'll put a selection in the next few posts so that you can have an example of my style... So PM me or reply here if your interested.

Oh, and contrary to these examples I'm not generally one for long winded epic replies. I prefer to play it short and sweet, so that the characters can have a real conversation.
These examples are only long because they are starters, and I feel like the starter should set the scene nicely. My actual RP content won't be nearly this long, and I don't expect it of my partner. (I say in yet another epic statement... What a case I make. sweatdrop )

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Ara sat atop a small cliff, her long white locks flowed gently in the breeze. The woman's crimson eyes stared vacantly out at the vast rolling hills before her.

It was rather a strange sight. The woman clad in full armour, seated in the long grass. The long sword on the ground behind her seemed to have been set aside for a sketch pad and a piece of charcoal.

Ara sighed. She looked down at the greyscale page resting on her knees. Somehow, she just couldn't manage to get the image before her on the paper. The strokes that she envisioned in her mind did nothing more than merge together in a smudged chaos on paper.

It didn't matter anyway, not to Ara. This like so many other trifles was just a distraction. If the artwork had been a masterpiece, then she would have sold it. The gold would have been useful, but she could make it without.

She looked up. The sun was already high in the sky, the woman wondered when it had become so late. She felt the need to move on. This place was peaceful now, her presence would only spoil it.

She frowned and threw the charcoal down towards the valley below...

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
The sound of waves crashing against the well enforced wooden peer, seemed to block out the sound of the heavy rainfall. This was the worst storm to hit the harbour town of Rasmore in decades.

The winds that ripped at the town were enough to carry away anything that was not securely tied down.

The citizenry were all safely boarded up inside their houses. Except for one. A lone figure. A woman in black.

She walked slowly through the town against the raging winds and the pelting rain. Her ebony hair was soaked and plastered to her face and back, though the wind still managed to pull a few strands free. She was dressed in nothing more than a simple, modest, black cotton dress, the sort that young women would normally wear in the summertime. The saturated skirt had stuck awkwardly to her legs as she walked.

The discomfort, the cold, the enraged tempest building around her, none of it mattered. She simply walked on, towards the longest peer.

Thunder began rolling loudly overhead, and the far off lightening flashes were growing steadily closer.

The woman reached the edge of the dock. A tear fell from her eye, only to be washed away by the torrents of water around her. The waves struck the wooden structure, as if to claim her. She stumbled back, the first sign of hesitation she had shown.

She took a step forward once more, then after a deep breath the woman threw herself into the sea.

Fear, disappointment, regret, and finally a deep sense of melancholy fell over her as she was carried beneath the surface.

She feared her body breaking painfully after being thrown against the brick barrier that surrounded the docks, but what came next was much worse.

Nothing. She sank helplessly. Wanting to scream as her last breath rose back up to the world that she would never again see. All she could do was sink slowly into oblivion. Feeling nothing but despair, she closed her eyes.

A day later.

A figure clad in a black dress washed up surrounded by debris on a the shore of a content across the ocean.

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
The bass reverberated out over the enormous stadium. A kaleidoscope of coloured light spilled out from the stage, along with a variety of bright holograms. Some would describe it as a fest of the senses, while others would simply call it ostentatious.

For Ara, the experience was not the same. She was backstage where the sound was overwhelming, the lights where blinding and her view impaired. She heard the male lead singer's voice ring out, but from this vantage it was nothing but noise. She found herself wondering, and not for the fist time that night, why she had come.

Apparently, Ara had been the winner of a competition, not that she recalled ever entering such a thing. Her prize was a backstage seat at the sold out 'Emris' concert. At first the girl had been suspicious. Despite this her friends talked her into to going in the end.

Emris was an extremely popular rock band. They were the sort of label that couldn't be avoided. Shops always seemed to be plying the band's latest single, they were often depicted on billboards and seemed to have a different TV spot every week. There was also a long list of scandals following the band, the media circus just lapped it all up. Ara wasn't a 'fan' as such, though she didn't mind the sound of their songs.

She hadn't know what to expect, but this was certainly not it. Behind the smoke and mirrors of the gaudy stage show, lay nothing but disarray. The woman had to sit to one side, in order to be out of the way of the workers who were bustling about.

Contrary to the chaos behind the scenes, the concert seemed to be running smoothly.

Ara sighed and pressed the button on the phone piece in her ear. A holographic screen appeared inches from her face. The screen displayed the time in the lower right hand corner, it was 10:56pm. The performance couldn't go on much longer, else they would risk breaking the midnight curfew. She pressed the button again and the screen disappeared once more. Ara ran her fingers through her platinum blonde hair and glanced at the small slither of stage that she could see. For a split second she caught sight of one of the band members. After that all she could see was the glow from the myriad of lights.

The song came to an abrupt end. Ara couldn't remember the particular song too well, but she didn't think that it normally ended so suddenly. For a moment everything was eerily quiet.

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Claustrophobia and dread. All she could feel was cold.

Ara lay curled up. She was hidden away within an alcove beneath the sacred alter, dedicated to the Nameless Gods. The Temple, her home, was overrun with outsiders who had lain waste to their small number of guardians. She didn't know where the strangers had come from, or the reason behind their violence. The Mother Superior had simply told her to hide.

The Temple was a beautiful place that was open to all. It made no sense to attack a peaceful convent. The Temple only existed to help people.

Ara was a low ranking priestess, but she enjoyed her life. She had never know any other life.

From time to time the frightened woman heard footsteps. She had no way of knowing if they were a friend or otherwise. She didn't move, didn't dare even breathe when when the sounds came.

The steady beat of footsteps came again. This time they began to grow louder.

Ara began to shiver uncontrollably. What if she was found? She couldn't bear to think about it.

The sound stopped before the alter.

Ara held her breath.

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
The forest of thieves was all but abandoned now. The bandit's of it's namesake where defeated, decades ago. It was strange how the name stuck.
Ara walked quickly along the faded trail. Her long white curls spilled from her dark crimson cloak, and her red irises seemed to glow in the fading light. She paused a moment to study a moss covered stone that jutted out at a strange angle towards the road. One of the many runes of this mysterious old forest. She pulled away the thick growth and traced the detailed etching in the stone.
"This is it." She mumbled softly, to no one in particular.
There was a rustling behind the woman, but she didn't pay it any heed.

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I'll post another sample eventually...

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Bump again. ninja

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I am interested, but I haven't RP'd in a long time. I'm not too sure what kind of genre I'm interested in at the moment, so I guess I'm fairly open to various things.

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
tulin13
I am interested, but I haven't RP'd in a long time. I'm not too sure what kind of genre I'm interested in at the moment, so I guess I'm fairly open to various things.

Great. cat_biggrin

Do any of my starters take your fancy? Or alternatively you could start us off.

I'm not too fussed, so long as I have licence to make it up as I go along.

Let me know your thoughts. If it comes to it we can just start with something non-specific and go from there.

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Devi_Ara_Valentine
tulin13

Great. cat_biggrin

Let me know your thoughts. If it comes to it we can just start with something non-specific and go from there.

Um, well, I don't really fancy the first one 3nodding
I can think roughly of replies for all of these, or at least characters I would use. I like how you build up drama. Hmm...

Could always pick one at random, see how it goes, and if it doesn't slide well choose another? (If you'll let me!)

Shy Genius

19,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
tulin13
Devi_Ara_Valentine
tulin13

Great. cat_biggrin

Um, well, I don't really fancy the first one 3nodding
I can think roughly of replies for all of these, or at least characters I would use. I like how you build up drama. Hmm...

Could always pick one at random, see how it goes, and if it doesn't slide well choose another? (If you'll let me!)

Sure, I don't mind. So long as you keep my mind woking, I'm happy...
Lol, I do like drama. 3nodding

Let's see...
Number 5, My most recent starter is more of a dungeon crawler.
Number 4, is more character based, I suppose.
Number 3, is sci-fi, it relys a bit on technology.
Number 2, is more supernatural.

Does that help? This isn't set in stone, it's just my initial ideas. I'm happy to do whichever and just see where it takes us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff