Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image

It's hard to watch something you love destroy itself. To see it fall apart... Disaster always feels so distant. Detached. Someone else's struggle in some far away place. It's not until it's in our city, at our doors, that we realize how fragile we are. All of us.. All of this..

But when it hit.. When it came down, it came down hard. And we fell. We buried ourselves in anger and fear in the instinct to survive. The real truth is, no one watched. No one saw; wanted to see. Tragedy is invisible. People turn away from it, and run from it if they can. And it's hard knowing that you belong here. That your purpose lies amongst all this pain. But someones gotta be here. To pick it up. To push back.

But the first piece back together... put us all... back together.

- - - - - - - - - - -

this is for occ chat and planning!
                                                          everyone is welcome whether you're interested in joining, in the roleplay
                                                          or just checking things out. please keep drama in the rp. c:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

and now i wait c:
          -sneaks in- o:

This looks super cool. I know nothing about the game though.

XD

But, I'm definitely going to get started on a character. I have the perfect survivor type. =D
TheScripturient

That's awesome! You don't need to know much since it's all explained. c:
      But that's nice. x3

Conservative Reveler

/rolls in and puts on reading glasses.

Conservative Reveler

How dafuq does 3-5 paragraphs per post qualify as lazy lit?
ZenFehr
How dafuq does 3-5 paragraphs per post qualify as lazy lit?

cos every 'adv. lit' or 'lit' roleplay i've seen all had 10 paragraphs or more. 3 paragraphs isnt even that much so. lol
          Yikes. XD

So. I waltzed into my thread subscriptions. Realized I have like, six roleplays going right now. Baha. XD Maybe I'm biting more than I can chew here.

But! I may silently lurk around should one of my current threads ever die on me. ^.^ I'd just hate to join and be half-active.
TheScripturient

It's no problem~ Good luck with your other roleplays. c:

Conservative Reveler

IiI raisin

But you would think that 'lazy' would fall somewhere below 'lit'. As in "know your grammar, but nobody cares how much you type as long as it goes somewhere." And JFC, even 'lit' seems to sit somewhere at a consistent demand for 3 good, meaty paragraphs nowadays. Whatever the ******** 'meaty' means in relation to paragraphs, I guess like you need some excessive abs in there.

Anyway, good luck with yer thing yo. Seemed like it would have been fun, and I definitely appreciated the idea of someone accepting drawn and photo pics.
ZenFehr
IiI raisin

But you would think that 'lazy' would fall somewhere below 'lit'. As in "know your grammar, but nobody cares how much you type as long as it goes somewhere." And JFC, even 'lit' seems to sit somewhere at a consistent demand for 3 good, meaty paragraphs nowadays. Whatever the ******** 'meaty' means in relation to paragraphs, I guess like you need some excessive abs in there.

Anyway, good luck with yer thing yo. Seemed like it would have been fun, and I definitely appreciated the idea of someone accepting drawn and photo pics.

you've got a point. i don't think i meant to sound as demanding as i did, and i'm glad you said something about it. it was what i was trying to go for. 3 paragraphs just seemed to be right, whether they were 'meaty' or not. as long as people had something to read and reply to.

thanks though.

Conservative Reveler

IiI raisin

Haha. It's k. I think it's sort of become a convention on Gaia for some reason? Like, three is the magic number to determine that a person can write. But hey, if that other rule is what you're going for, I may stick around.

If I'm being honest I think my biggest problem with forced paragraph standards is having to read through the excessive amounts of bullshit people will generate just to meet word count, regardless of how much actual content they have. It's not so much the typing three paragraphs that gets to me, but if you expect daily posts, it'd be a dang chore to read through that much content. Er, in my opinion anyway. And I consider myself a pretty active player when I get into a thing.
ZenFehr

i know what you mean. i was just hoping that people who were interested in my roleplay, could generate at least 3 paragraphs. i understand the occasional writer's block cos i get it almost all the time. lol. in which case i probably should have wrote that.
it was so late so i rushed through it all. i did, however fix that and made it quality over quantity.
so thank you for pointing that out. that could have scared a few people away. lol and the whole accepting real and drawn pictures was always a thing of mine. cos i know how hard it can be to find a picture to match the character you wanna create.

Conservative Reveler

IiI raisin

Awgh! Dude, no kidding. I can't find pictures for my characters like, ever. And even on the occasions I have found someone who kind of works, it feels weird using someone's face idk.

Eh, length depends for me. I can write three paragraphs easy. But the thing is that sometimes writing that just for what a roleplay post calls for generates a lot of fluff. And it's not fluff that I find fun to read through. But maybe that's just me. Also depends on what character I'm using.

I have met a lot of people who have said "yeah three paragraphs" and they just feel like it's an easy way to convey "that means you can write". And it strikes me as astounding, I guess, to see so many folks who are hellbent on writing a lot of stuff but don't even take the time (or consideration, or whatever it is) to write out what they really mean as far as their lit requirements.

Haha. Sorry, that sounds like I'm ragging on ya. I'm not, I just have a lot of FEELINS on the subject.
ZenFehr
IiI raisin

Awgh! Dude, no kidding. I can't find pictures for my characters like, ever. And even on the occasions I have found someone who kind of works, it feels weird using someone's face idk.

Eh, length depends for me. I can write three paragraphs easy. But the thing is that sometimes writing that just for what a roleplay post calls for generates a lot of fluff. And it's not fluff that I find fun to read through. But maybe that's just me. Also depends on what character I'm using.

I have met a lot of people who have said "yeah three paragraphs" and they just feel like it's an easy way to convey "that means you can write". And it strikes me as astounding, I guess, to see so many folks who are hellbent on writing a lot of stuff but don't even take the time (or consideration, or whatever it is) to write out what they really mean as far as their lit requirements.

Haha. Sorry, that sounds like I'm ragging on ya. I'm not, I just have a lot of FEELINS on the subject.

yeah. and when you see people who write 10+ paragraphs just amaze me. reading it all gets so tiring so i tend to stay away from those kind of roleplays. same with photos. i always need someone to find someone who FITS my character and can spend days trying to find the perfect match. im extremely picky when it comes to that stuff. haha

i'm still trying to find a picture for the character i'm making for my own roleplay. xD but yknow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff