Welcome to Gaia! ::

[SURVEY POLL] Which NPC is the most annoying?

Admin Faer 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Mark Quiller 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
Siegfried ("Cal") Lowell 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
Atlus Skyline 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Henry Jameson 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Troy Peak 0.5 50.0% [ 2 ]
d**k Guerrero-Makato 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 82 83 84 > >>

Hilarious Puppy

Max Brooks is hands down my favorite zombie author. He's the guy that wrote the Zombie Survival Guide and "World War Z". Both are pretty good reads, if you are interested.

I've been trying to read YA novels (Young adult, for ages 13-20), but I am just too old for it. I can't relate to the one-sided, awkward romances anymore (I'm 23 with a long term BF, sooo). XP I hate Twilight, but when I think about it, its probably cause I can't relate to the character at ALL. I read City of Bones, a book a lot of people enjoyed... but I thought all the characters were horribly written. I guess I have a hard time wrapping my head around how the characters can be so caught up in romance they forget they are about to be eaten by zombies. Makes 0 sense imo.

Now I am picking up the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones as its commonly known) and finding it up my alley... since the romance in those books don't halt the plot or slow the plot. If anything they motivate the plot, which is great!

What genre do you like? I like most anything really. If I could recommend a book to you to branch your appreciation of other genres, you could try "Warriors," its an anthology of hero stories in every genre! I found it a great way to learn about new authors too. :3 Its edited by George R.R. Martin... heck, its the only reason I bothered to pick up the Song of Ice and Fire books.

Those both do sound pretty interesting, I'll probably see if
      my school library has them once the year starts up again~

ohmaigah yessss I figure if you have an interesting enough
      setting and plot, then use it =A=

ngl, the first thing that came to mind for Warriors was that
      cat series I saw all over middle school... xD but that anthology
      sounds really awesome! Especially with finding new series
      and all the different genres, I'll definitely check it out~ =D

I walk like... this weird line between thriller and horror. I'm
      a complete wimp when it comes to horror, but I love thriller?
      I also really like books that can switch narrative between
      characters well, like 1Q84 by Murakami~ It's interesting
      to see how each character really sees the plot and such =]

Hilarious Puppy

Oh yeah, I'm a BIG fan of how everyone sees a different reality. Everyone's POV is different enough that a new truth can be born from it. I'm a big fan of cognitive dissonance. XP

BTW, are we allowed to double post sometimes due to the dice rolls? I'm also kind of waiting to make my RAWRDIGLETT post until someone else posts... but if its okay to double post, then I will fight that Diglett to the DEATH! D: <

Hilarious Puppy

Hilarious Puppy

Beep boop, I am a robot. I am here to steal American jobs. wahmbulance
The Lady Larue
BTW, are we allowed to double post sometimes due to the dice rolls? I'm also kind of waiting to make my RAWRDIGLETT post until someone else posts... but if its okay to double post, then I will fight that Diglett to the DEATH! D: <

You can shoot all your dice in the OoC if you want. Or you can edit your post to include them (let me recheck to make sure this actually works). But you don't need to use dice rolls for wild pokemon encounters unless you want to.

And, yeah, double posts are fine in the IC.
WHY THE HELL NOT, LET'S BE UNCONVENTIONAL. xD
o the controversy~

Hilarious Puppy

DRAMA!!! dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama
Hnn, hopefully someone will start near Maelstrom Falls so my character can abduct them and force them to adventure with her. <x<

Also, I added a F.A.Q. to the first page in the IC (both of the questions are from our very own Lady Larue: CONGRATULATIONS, A WINNER IS YOU. :D ).

Also, slightly trivial question, but do you think that materials or weapons crafted from pokémon retain the abilities of said pokémon? Like, for instance, if you had sweater or some other kind of garment knit from mareep wool, would it contain the static ability?

Idk, I think it could be an interesting concept to explore in the RP.

Hilarious Puppy

I would imagine that perhaps some things are retained. Like if you make a baseball bat that has some pieces of fur of a Pokemon with Static as its ability, then maybe sometimes it zaps people on contact. Might be a dice roll.

But things like if a sword was made from a Rhydon, then I would think whatever it says about how tough a Rhydon is transfers for sure. I bet touching a Kadabra and Allakazam's spoons is probably dangerous, forces you to see visions your mind can't handle (cause your IQ is not as high) and then you go crazy!!!

Hilarious Puppy

I made another IC post... I also changed my Skarmory's level to 7 cause he SPOILERALERT won the fight against Diglett! Is that right? I just wanted to make sure. XD

Skarmory is so cute, I want one IRL. Also more people should start RPing and being where we are so we can annoy each other!!!

The Great Papyru generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 20!

Hilarious Puppy

Rolling because in my next post (assuming Dr. Tannen is NPC only ML can be, so I am waiting!) I want to catch a bug-type Pokemon. Did you know Emily Ann thinks most Bug Pokemon are cute? True story!

Hilarious Puppy

Heracross? Pretty good. Pretty good.

I won't lie, I kind of wanted Joltik... cause its super cute.

Hilarious Puppy

Hilarious Puppy

LMAO. I found this while I was browsing Pokemon pictures. This is exactly what I imagined when I wrote my Skarmory winning that fight... you know, against a tiny Diglett. What a fierce battle that was!

User Image

Good work, Skarmory! A well-deserved win xD

Mmm I have a few questions/things I kinda wanna check are
      okay for my post~
      First, I'm kinda planning for Tesni to start in Sangwyn but
      then eventually get to Crux Town/Maelstrom Falls (one of the
      first towns) so she can start challenging the bastions... and
      it'd be nice if I could just Fly her over, but since HMs don't
      quite work like that, I was wondering if it'd be too much of a
      cop-out to, like, just start the post in Sangwyn, time-skip to
      Crux/Maelstrom and say she hitched a ride on an aircraft
      or smth?