Interested

Yes 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 10 ]
No 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
Let's discuss this more 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

Beloved Cultist

So, I had an idea...

I'm looking for a small-ish group of maybe about 10 people to partake, hopefully semi-literate to lazy literate and definitely online frequently enough to keep a story going...but I'm pretty sure that's the standard for any decent-ish role-play. If you fit in to that category, read on...

So I was thinking of doing a Medieval Fantasy/Zombie Apocalypse role-play. Despite being a fantasy and having magic, weird and wonderful races and monsters to be fought, I expect realism. Think Game of Thrones, (or the ever difficult Dark Souls) when imagining where I'm going. I'm expecting it to be dark, gritty and for the most part survival-based. The story is still "a little bit" patchy...or more or less not finished as far as the general plot of the role-play goes, but this is why I'm starting this thread, to iron out some of the creases in my ideas and hopefully allow you to have more of a say in a role-play I hope you will be interested in! What I have so far is as follows: (this isn't actually me trying to write well, it's just me giving a general picture as to past and present)

The story will take place in an as yet unnamed realm. The realm itself has been divided many times by the different kingdoms and houses and their quarrels over thrones, land, gold and power. Nothing much new here. It gets interesting when a large scale religious cult, the Brotherhood of Silence, who have been trying to overthrow a large but generally pacifistic kingdom to the West for a number of years, finally succeeded. They did so with a small army of undead they summoned or reanimated through necromancy, and overthrew said kingdom's capital city and defeated most of their forces n a single night. Their army grew, and began to spread to other kingdoms, fresh and powerful the newer undead began to overthrow towns and villages before spreading in to the domains of other kingdoms, until eventually most of Western (Realm Name) was destroyed by these monsters. Six years have passed, and the remaining kingdoms have banded together, forcing all resources in to stopping this infection, but even then they are failing. The diseases the infected carry can turn afflicted soldiers in to undead, and they are more or less in infinite supply by this time. Some liches/necromancers can revive fallen undead and raise more on the battle field meaning that in full scale battles the undead can constantly recycle their forces and such. But this isn't the point...

The point is, that this role-play takes place six years after said Western Kingdom was overthrown. You will be playing one of ten(?) members of a caravan of people, ranging from Knights and Clerics to Huntsmen and Scholars, embarking on a journey commissioned by the kings and queens of the realm to travel deep in to the West and try to put an end to the madness, or at least find out what is going on. Obviously this will be a very long, tiring journey and of course a very dangerous one...where you're literally chin deep in the s**t fighting zombies and hiding in lots of fun, comfortable ruins. Clearly at some point you'll find the necromancers who did this (we'll say there's what like, five arch necromancers?) and try to put a stop to them, in the hope that the undead will then become weak and chaotic and start killing each other, or something like that.

I was thinking of having like boss monsters as well, like zombified dragons and s**t. Maybe I'm playing too much Dark Souls? But I was thinking having these ridiculously difficult monsters that could be played by players who either chose to do it or where picked at random by me to do it would make the bigger fights that much more entertaining. That idea is in the works though...

I'm also thinking this should be very horror-survival based, where basically nobody has really seen these zombies up close, and you're in their territory. Obviously as supplies run low and people start getting ill or dying then the rp will get more intense, but I would like a lot of people shitting themselves and not being very casual about the whole idea of killing these things. Again, this will all be planned.

The undead will come in different forms. Some will be fully formed, with all of their flesh still intact and their muscles still working to full capacity, whereas some will be completely skeletal. Most are found pale and rotting however, but it all depends on how they die and how long they've been dead for. I imagine the ex-knights, soldiers and guardsmen undead will all still be armoured and wielding weapons (although with little proficiency, maybe some death knights who are skilled and whatnot), and these will be the fitter, faster and stronger infected. Whereas peasants will be weaker, slower and easier to kill. They can infect just like standard zombies, through biting but also through other conventional means of infection (eating undead flesh, getting blood in open wounds and so on). Most attack with their hands and teeth, however some will lazily swing weapons at you. Some even have magic, these are liches and are the zombified mages of the West, they generally float however. There will also be bandits, raiding parties and of course, insane cultists, just to make things interesting.

Beloved Cultist

Beloved Cultist

[******** my life

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
******** your MEDIEVAL UNLIFE!

Beloved Cultist

-pokes with a stick-
It's definitely dead

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
It's only been up for a few hours >_>

You're not accounting for time differences.

Beloved Cultist

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY TIME
TIME DIFFERENCES ARE IRRELEVANT TO ME

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I AM THE ONE AND ONLY OLD FATHER TIME
YOUR ARGUMENT IS IRRELEVANT TO ME

Shameless Bibliophile

16,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
YOUR WORLD IS DEAD AND DYING. So why would anything coming out of it be anything different?

And yeah, people are probably still in bed or having a meal. If I wasn't at work, that's where I would be.

Also, count me as interested.

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Super Pantless Girl

How are we supposed to create in a world made of rotting flesh!?

Also, woo and hi

Rainbow Phantom

I haven't done an RP in forever, so I don't have any references or things of that nature to provide you, but I'd definitely be interested in this.

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
God of Pinecones
I haven't done an RP in forever, so I don't have any references or things of that nature to provide you, but I'd definitely be interested in this.

Double woop. Knowing Drum Stuff he tends not to ask for references, just goes off the profile you send in.

He'll probably surprise me now and ask for one to spit me but hey ho

Rainbow Phantom

quiksilver001
God of Pinecones

Double woop. Knowing Drum Stuff he tends not to ask for references, just goes off the profile you send in.

He'll probably surprise me now and ask for one to spit me but hey ho

Gotcha. Well, if he decides to do it, I already have an idea for who I want to be. 3nodding

Beloved Cultist

Woo, people! I don't ask for references, I'll just look at your profile and judge that. Quicky knows the score. Thanks for your interest thus far!

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
God of pinecones

Gotcha. Well, if he decides to do it, I already have an idea for who I want to be. 3nodding

Excellent! That's the hard part over, now you just have to survive a zompocalypse with a pitchfork :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff