Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
*Getting dem updates all the time; stay tuned, kids!

Original "Grand Tournament" owned, and operated, by GalaxyCommander.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Table of Contents

+ Synopsis

+ Rules

+ Submitting a Profile

+ Example Profiles

+ Fighters

+ Arenas

+ Announcements

+ Affiliates

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Greetings, and welcome to my little soirée! As you may know, it has been well over a year since the last Grand Tournament came to it’s fantastic conclusion; leaving many in the realm to wonder, “What has happened to the Dark Lord, Garakon?”

While no answers have been forth coming, the search continues.

But, where are my manners? My name is Ishar Fhang, Astral Demiurge and Talon of Guidance. My titles notwithstanding, I have long chosen to live in the space between spaces; Theory-crafting wondrous new magics, and studying the deeper workings of the old. Admittedly, I had hoped to stay far out of sight…and mind…content to go about my work in peace.

Until the fall of Sigil’s Mage Guild, and the return of Ertai Vexic.

Both events sent far-reaching ripples through time, and the Multiverse; shaking the cosmos all the way to where I sat in contemplation. Naturally, I felt compelled to explore the occurrence; contacting my various acquaintances, and quickly learning the truth.

Now, I mentioned Garakon’s long silent tournament earlier…What might, initially, seem like a tangent thought is actually central to my point. After investigating the terrible toll exacted upon the spell-weavers of Sigil, I decided to put together a way in which to raise both funds…and awareness…for this terrible tragedy. For whatever reason, the previous Grand Tournaments teased my senses; offering a possible solution to my seemingly unrelated thought. An event that, within your culture, has long been known to draw huge crowds…and vast sums of wealth.

So, here we are; boldly perched upon the precipice of my intentions. Could my plans be called dangerous, or brash? Certainly! Might the Dark Lord return from places unknown, and seek recompense for my actions? Anything is possible. But progress is often married to risk, and in an age of destruction…and death…the only way out -IS- forward.

Your ever optimistic host,

User Image

Tournament Synopsis

As in the previous year, this event will follow an established schedule; featuring exotic locales, battle effects, and story-driven combat. When it comes to GT3, we want to entertain you...Not just watch you die in brutal, agonizing ways.

That said, you would probably like to know exactly what you -are- playing for ::

Prizes

In Character Rewards

Beyond adding the title of "Grand Tournament Champion" to your character's already impressive legacy, you will also receive a private audience with the Demiurge. As an especially powerful wizard, Ishar will grant a single wish of the character's selection; enriching your IC plot, and giving lasting impact to the event as a whole.

Out of Character Rewards

Per the established norm, GT3 will offer a Gaia Gold prize to the winner; starting at 300 billion gold, and increasing as/if donations are received.

In addition to this, the winning fighter will also receive a custom weapon...or item...render of their design from David Quinn; an estimated value of $50. wink

*10bil donated by :: Anonymous

*100bil donated by :: Buxom Bandit

*120bil donated by :: Red the Ambivalent

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Rules

Match Rules & Regulations

+ Combat

[1] Two approved contestants will be assigned a match location for each round/fight. Both parties will be individually responsible for arriving promptly (in character), and posting frequently, in order to avoid a Delay of Match Penalty.

[2] All ring assignments will be announced publicly prior to the start of a round, and then posted below (in the Rounds Tab) for quick reference.

[3] In a contestant is shown to be active, via their OOC posts, but refuses to participate in their fight then they will not be given a match extension. However, if sufficient explanation if given, then an individual can be temporarily shielded from this rule. In the event of a match extension, the privilege should not be abused.

[4] All fights will, typically, be held in a 1v1 battle format (excluding the Semi-finals).

[5] Should one, or both, fighters be incapacitated in any way then the fight is immediately over. At that time, the fight will move into the judgement phase.

[6] Only current Fighters are allowed to be present in a match area, and all unapproved persons will be asked to leave by Judge Staff.

[7] Fights may last as long as the duration of a round (typically two weeks), but immediately end if not concluded before that time.

[8] All fights will have a hard cap of 40-posts (20-posts/fighter), and will immediately end if that number is reached.

[9] True KO (KO) : This condition is reached if a fighter remains still on the ground for over 5 seconds or is unable to stand in response to a Judge's request to do so within a ten-count, due to either physical exhaustion or loss of consciousness. It will not count if a fighter is held down, pinned down, or fixed down to the ground in any way. A KO of this type will end the match immediately, but does not guarantee a win or loss to either fighter.

[10] Double KO (DKO) : This condition is reached should a bout end in a draw in which both fighters involved are considered KO'ed under the guidelines given above, and thus the bout is considered a 'Double KO'. As with a True KO, a DKO will immediately end the match; likewise, not guaranteeing a win or loss to either fighter.

[11] Technical KO (TKO) : This condition is reached if a fighter is disqualified from the match or otherwise rendered ineligible to compete. A victory by ring-out falls under this category of KO, as does a disqualification due to rule breaking. It, otherwise, follows all the parameters of a True KO.

[12] This is a role-playing event! GT3 battles are televised, and have spectators both in-character and in the forums. A bout that you are not having fun with is not one that will be fun to read or fun for your opponent to be involved in. Please remember that the enjoyment of our participants and spectators is important.

[13] OOC is to be kept out of the role-playing threads unless it is specifically relevant to the match (ex: "I'm heading to bed, I'll post in the morning." ). OOC discussion and commentary should be kept to designated Spectator Areas or other specific threads designed for that purpose(such as this thread).

[14] Attempt to resolve problems before they occur. It is usually not a problem to get into contact with your opponent through PMs, the OOC thread, or a messenger service. GT3 also operates a Ventrillo server for this purpose. Talking things through with your opponent before responding to a post can prevent many arguments from beginning in the first place.

[15] If a problem persists, consult a member of the Judge Staff in the proper thread, or via PMs. There is no penalty associated with asking for a staff member to look over a situation from your bout. On the contrary, not bringing it to the attention of the staff can cause a fight that trudges on to become a convoluted mess.

[16] Try to keep your posts both clear, and concise; there is no need to overwhelm your opponent with towers of text. Stay on the topic of your fight, and include only things that are relevant to the match.

[17] Never make assumptions about your opponent, or their actions. This includes metagaming, and all other similar activities.

[18] Never attempt to withhold important information from your opponent. You should always include all relevant information to a performed action, or ability.

[19] You will never be allowed to take-back an action/post after it has been performed, and responded to. Attempting to do so is a serious penalty, and will result in corrective action...if not immediate forfeiture. .

[20] Should a match not reach 5-posts/fighter by the end of the round, the Judge Staff will determine the party at fault (assuming that one person in particular failed to post)...penalizing them accordingly. Exceptions to this can be given, provided there is a legitimate cause.

+ Additional Rules

Regarding chokes and submission holds: GT3 has accepted the BLOODBATH rules regarding submissions:

You have 3 posts to escape a choke or submission hold before its effects take place (unless you choose to accept the affects earlier). A choke will cause your character to go unconscious after 3 posts, a submission will cause your character to either tap out or take appropriate damage after 3 posts (a choice that the person who is being pinned makes, not the person performing the hold).

The flow will go like this:
A1 - Initiate choke.
B1 - Become choked.
A2 - Continue choke.
B2 - Attempt to escape choke.
A3 - Continue choke.
B3 - Attempt to escape choke/submit to effects on failure.
A4 - Continue choke.
B4 - Unconscious.

In summary, including the post in which a person acknowledges becoming choked or held in a submission they have 3 posts with which to struggle before the effects become binding. It would be wise to strongly consider the merits of having a staff member following along with the process during this time.

+ Availability of Medical Treatment

[1] GT3 does NOT strive to be a non-lethal event, and the staff would like to encourage both the elements of friendly competition and the ability to freely shed blood within the ring. As such the following policies have been put into place:

[2] At each match location, a ring-side Time-lock chamber will be available; allowing the recently dead, or dismembered, to be placed in stasis to assist in resuscitation/repair.

[3] An emergency medical team will be present at each match location to provide emergency and on-location care to participants in need. Through a combination of modern medical miracles and legitimately miraculous woowoo magic any type of bodily injury is treatable.

[4] Emergency staff will only provide the bare minimum treatment unless it is otherwise requested. Many fighters choose to wear their battle scars proudly, and therefore beyond life-saving and emergency care medical treatment for tournament participants is handled on-request. It is available to all, should they wish for it.

[5] In the event of dismemberment, should the participant not request the woowoo magics to make everything better a prosthetic may be provided at request that functions approximately at the same level in all categories as the original body part that was approved during registration. A human participant will not be given an ogre prosthetic arm, for example.

Out of Match (OoM) Rules & Regulations

+ General Rules

First and foremost, you must follow Gaia's Rules. All members are bound by the Gaia Online Terms of Service and the Gaia Online Rules & Guidelines. Additional guidelines for members of this Thread will be detailed below. All types of discussion are welcome here, but specific action will be taken upon anyone abusing these simple laws. Disobeying the rules below may result in anything from a temporary ban, to a permanent “Black List” exile. Breaking any ToS related rule will get you reported, no questions asked.

[1]: Anyone who posts in this forum, and it's affiliated arenas, is expected to follow the PG13 rule, without exception. Adult humor, cursing, and graphic scenes of violence are not -outright- prohibited; But should be utilized in moderation to avoid unwanted backlash.

[2]: If you are caught Godding, God-modding, auto-hitting, or committing any other equally improper action against another person in this tournament you will receive one verbal warning and correction. Should you choose to continue acting against this rule, you will be blacklisted.

[3]: It is asked that OOC is restricted to this forum, only.

[4]: ANY OOC drama, regardless of the forum, will not be tolerated.

[5]: Try to be as literate as you possibly can, especially with your combat posts.

[6]: Once you have an accepted profile, if you are caught “padding” your character with additional features that have NOT been authorized. You will be blacklisted, immediately. A copy of all accepted profiles will be kept to discourage this.

[7]: Should you have any problems with another member, do what the Gods intended and beat some sense into one another. However, if that fails, ask a Staff member to step in and help. That’s what we’re here for. To that end, if you request such intervention, be prepared to accept our judgment.

[8]: If you believe that a particular staff member, or members, is mistreating you in any way, please bring those concerns to myself (Slash Zinrai). Make certain that you document your evidence, and are able to provide thorough explanations.

[9]: If you do not agree with the placement of any white listed, or black listed, individual then do yourself a favor and keep said opinion to yourself. I will ALWAYS put the reason for such placements beside the specified names. End of discussion.

[10]: However, you will respect all Staff and white list members while in this forum. It is their hard work, and dedication, that makes all of this possible. Any insults or mistreatment directed at them will be treated as if they were directed at myself, the owner.

[11]: Slash Zinrai may change, add, or remove any rule on this list as he deems fit. Without exception.

[12]: Lastly, a system of formal conflict resolution will be observed in this forum. Should you have a problem with any other member, it is advised that you use these three steps: First, try to work it out amongst yourselves like civilized human beings…Secondly, if that fails, ask another member to step in a mediate for you…Finally, if the issue remains unsolved, contact a Staff member and ask them for a solution.

+ Forum Etiquette

This next set of rules are more guidelines, really. A little something I try to live by that keeps conflict to a minimum both in, and out, of real life. However, this is my RP rendition of the teachings my character lives by…Enjoy!

Dithakar Yodsuwan's Ten Principles of Good Karma

[1]: Always say less than you think. Cultivate a low, persuasive voice. How you say something often counts for more than what you say.

[2]: Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully, no matter the personal cost.

[3]: Never let an opportunity pass in which a kindness or encouragement may be paid to somebody. Praise good work regardless of the origin. If criticisms are required, do so helpfully and never out of spite.

[4]: Show interest in the pursuits and welfare of other. Be merry for, and with, those who rejoice; Mourn with those who weep and suffer. Let all that you meet, however humble, feel your regard for their importance.

[5]: Be cheerful. Hide your pains, worries, and disappointments beneath a smile. Laugh at good stories, and learn to tell them.

[6]: Preserve an open mind in all debates. Discuss, but never argue. The true mark of a superior mind lies in one’s ability to disagree and still remain friendly.

[7]: Let your own virtues, should you have them, speak for themselves and never speak on the vice of others. Discourage gossip, and strive always to speak only of the good in people.

[8]: Be mindful, always, of a person’s feelings. Wit and humor cast at the expense of another is rarely worth the effort, and may cause harm where it is least expected.

[9]: Pay no regard to ill-natured remarks directed against you. Simply live so that none will believe them. Disordered nerves and a bad digestion are oft the cause of such backbiting.

[10]: Never allow your dues to overcome you. Work hard, be patient, and keep a fair disposition in all things. Learn to forget yourself, and you shall be rewarded.

Grading & Points

+ The Grading Rubric

At the completion of all GT3 event matches, this rubric will be utilized by the Judge Staff to determine a victor. Divided into ten, distinct, categories each represents a cumulative point total of ten. The objective is to receive as high a score as possible, with 100 points representing perfection. The decision will, ultimately, rest with the grade assigned by any present judges. An eleventh, and final, division known as “Special” also counts for an additional ten points, and may be granted OR subtracted from the points based upon special occurrences that lie outside the other ten classifications. The categories are as follows:

[1] Grammar & Spelling :: Though this is never a requirement, we should always strive to better ourselves in this. Each word can be as a wound upon the eye if misplaced, or inaccurately presented. Thus, it is expected that each warrior shows some knowledge in this area.

[2] Conservative & Concise Posting :: Simply put, are your posts easy to read and appropriately written. I, for one, do not mind reading paragraph roleplay and have been known to engage in them myself. However, in combat, lengthy explanations on the sunshine glinting from your sword will not make you a better fighter. Pour that detail into your combat actions, and save the internal monologue for your victory speech. The other side of that coin is the art of precision, or how accurately you can flesh out your action in words. That is the difference between a good fighter, and a great fighter.

[3] Technique :: This boils down to how interesting you are as a combatant. Some may say that this is hardly worth mention, and…were this real combat…I would agree. But we operate within a venue of literature, and each crossing of steel is a matching of words. It is not for ourselves that we act, and thus it is imperative that the audience be taken into account.

[4] Damage Threshold :: It is often said that the true measure of a warrior is not taken by his victories, but rather his defeats. That is especially true here, where only the opponent may decide the outcome of our attacks. Thus we all must submit ourselves to the honorable law of conflict, and learn to take a hit for the sake of realism. How much damage did you dish out, and how much damage did you receive?

[5] Environmental Tactic :: The use of one’s world to an offensive end. You will be judged on how your character incorporates the world into their actions, and how that application affects the battle. Actively engaging in noted hazards will net additional points, as will directing your opponent to harm via such means.

[6] Observation of ‘Realism’ :: Despite the argument that fantasy allows misuse of the physical law, certain elements of the wider world must be taken into account. Gravity, Friction, Inertia, Momentum…These must always be observed. Proper use of the natural laws will always be considered when judging a fight, as will the reverse. Did the player use any type of natural logic?

[7] Punctuality :: Though, at times, it can be difficult to get online, consideration must be taken when one joins a tournament such as this. Each post of a character is dependent upon a response, and the time between these replies can be hard to accommodate. Be considerate of your opponents, and try to stick around until after your battle is concluded. A 24-hour allowance will be given, out of compassion for the fickle nature of the world, but if a post is not delivered within that constraint points will be deducted.

[8] Player Principles :: Also known as sportsmanship, this has little to do with what happens inside the battle…but rather, the events that happen beyond it. As a player, you are expected to be civil and courteous at all times. Name-calling, undermining, or any other such activities will result in point loss.

[9] Observation of Rules :: Throughout the course of the tournament, the basic forum rules will still be observed. As such, all infractions that occur during a fight may be taken into account and result in a decrease in points. However, this bracket can also be a boon to any player as it starts off as a perfect score of ten.

[10] Battlefield Dominance :: Ultimately, a difficult thing to evaluate. This detail is measured in the amount of control exacted upon the battle by each combatant. It questions, and answers, ‘Who led the fight?’. To the one who directed the flow of battle, or most greatly altered it’s course, shall go the most points.

• Special :: As the title suggests, this category is reserved for events that can not be graded within the limitations of the above definitions. As such, only those judging the fight can award or subtract these points. At such point, an explanation will be given by the judge as to why he chose to utilize the special points.

• Types of Roleplayers & RP Battle Tips :: A good read for anyone who enjoys role play combat.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Submitting a Profile

While there is no set Profile format, it is requested that you include ALL relevant information...based on the example layout given below. Remember, if you do not include something in your profile...beyond purely aesthetic qualities...then your character will not be allowed to utilize it. Finally, Profiles should be given to Slash Zinrai via PM.

Name(s) :: Your Character's Name; to include any aliases, or titles.

Player :: Your Gaian Username.

Date of Birth :: Character's date of birth, if known.

Place of Birth :: Character's place of birth, if known

Race/Ethnicity :: Character's race/ethnicity. Remember, listing your self as "vampire", or "Hobbit", does not allow you to assume certain racial traits without listing them below. Failure to elaborate will result in your race being purely aesthetic.

Height :: Character's height.

Weight :: Character's weight.

Reach/Wingspan :: Character's reach from Fingertip-to-fingertip.

Body Type :: Can be described however you wish, be it in general terms (such as heavyweight, welterweight...or Tightly packed musculature, built for speed) or in more specific ones.

Mode of Combat :: Hand-to-hand, sword & shield, magic, etc.

Appearance :: This section may be left blank, or expanded upon in detail, at your discretion. This area will not be reviewed by Judge staff, and serves no purpose in balancing your Profile.

History & Personality :: This section may be left blank, or expanded upon in detail, at your discretion. This area will not be reviewed by Judge staff, and serves no purpose in balancing your Profile.

Other :: Any additional information, outside of combat abilities, that you wish to elaborate on.

<===================>

[]Weapons[] :: Weapon, Weapon, Etc.

Weapon Information ::

Weapon ::

[]Armor[] :: N/A

Armor Information :: N/A

[]Supernatural Abilities/Qualities[] :: Ability, Ability, Etc.

Supernatural Abilities/Qualities Information ::

Ability ::

[]Natural Abilities[] :: Ability, Ability, Etc.

Natural Ability Information ::

[b]Name(s)[/b] ::
    [imgright]IMAGE[/imgright]
    [b]Player[/b] ::

[b]Date of Birth[/b] ::

[b]Place of Birth[/b] ::

[b]Race/Ethnicity[/b] ::

[b]Height[/b] ::

[b]Weight[/b] ::

[b]Reach/Wingspan[/b] ::

[b]Body Type[/b] ::

[b]Mode of Combat[/b] ::

[b]Appearance[/b] ::

[b]History & Personality[/b] ::

[b]Other[/b] ::

<===================>

[][u]Weapons[/u][] :: Weapon, Weapon, Etc.

[u]Weapon Information[/u] ::

[b]Weapon[/b] ::

[][u]Armor[/u][] :: N/A

[u]Armor Information[/u] :: N/A

[][u]Supernatural Abilities/Qualities[/u][] :: Ability, Ability, Etc.

[u]Supernatural Abilities/Qualities Information[/u] ::

[b]Ability[/b] ::

[][u]Natural Abilities[/u][] :: Ability, Ability, Etc.

[u]Natural Ability Information[/u] ::

Restricted Equipment & Abilities

- While some items in a Character Profile can be too powerful, if not outright broken, we wish to avoid overtly labeling anything as "restricted". It is the Staff's position that, with some tinkering, any equipment/ability can be balanced for fair play. However, we will establish some ground-rules below to bear in mind...These specific effects will -NOT- be allowed in GT3 combat.

o Instant effects that allow for the immediate destruction of an opponent, their equipment, or large quantities of occupied space.

o Instantaneous teleportation, or the like.

o Detrimental Effects that the opponent can not interact with, or defend against, in any way.

o Indestructible Equipment.

o Total Immunities to -any- effect, save those which originate from one's own abilities; applying only to the round in which said ability was activated.

Profile Submission Guidelines

- Established limits will be placed on certain types of equipment, and abilities. These are represented as the "maximum effect allowed", and should not suggest that a character is permitted to possess multiple max-level items within their character. In the end, all matters pertaining to character balance are the responsibility of the Judge Staff.

+ Equipment

- Guns :: Renaissance era or earlier style firearms will be allowed. Alternatively, any item that is -like- a firearm must meet these same requirements.

- Armor :: Total Immunity to any effect (be they magical, elemental, or otherwise) is not allowed. Alternatively, a defensive item may possess partial resistance to such effects; at the approval, and discretion, of the Judge Staff.

- Weapons :: May not be permanently autonomous, and must (even if sentient) be under some form of influenced direction by the item's wielder while moving under its own power.

+ Abilities

- Flight :: The ability to fly will be limited to a max speed of [ 20mph ], and a max height of [ 50ft ]. Additional conditions will apply dependent on the remainder of the profile.

- Elemental :: Manipulation of non-material, elemental, forces will be limited as such: Fire [ 4000°F ], Cold [ -58°F ], Wind [ 80mph ], Electricity [ The higher the voltage; the lower the current/amperage must be. Meaning that, you can increase your voltage to deal small electrical shocks at a distance...or, lower the voltage and increase the amperage to deal more significant damage on touch. ]. These are the maximum values allowed for elemental effects of this type, and can not be exceeded while in combat.

- Size :: The maximum/minimum (unassisted) height allowed by GT3 fighters is [ 8ft/4ft ], and the maximum/minimum weight is [ 400lbs/50lbs ]. This in no way limits abilities that might temporarily increase/decrease height or weight.

- Resistances :: While no fighter may be immune to any effect, they may list resistances to said effects. These resistances will always be at the approval of Judge Staff. This in no way limits abilities that might potentially grant temporary immunities, or the like.

- Physical Specs :: The following limits are imposed on the physical abilities of all League Fighters: Strength (( Benching [ 600lbs ], Lifting off the ground [ 1200lbs ], Overhead lifting [ 400lbs ], and Striking [ 2000psi ] )), Speed (( Running [ 40mph ], Climbing [ 20mph ], Swimming [ 50mph ] )), Agility (( Jump Distance [ 15ft ], Jump Height [ 8ft ] )). This limits do not include any benefits granted by certain types of gear, or magical abilities. In those cases, each instance will be assessed accordingly by Judge Staff.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Example Profiles

Below, you will find two Samples; each of which have been broken down into "types": Shinobi, and Brawler. Limitations are based, primarily, on Utility...not power.

Ultimately, these Profiles should only serve as a compass; guiding you to ask certain questions of your own character, such as: Could I fight these sample characters?, would it be an even fight?, and are my abilities too strong?

<===================>

[SHINOBI]

Name(s) :: Hattori Hayato
    User Image
    Player :: Slash Zinrai

Date of Birth :: Unknown/28 years old

Place of Birth :: North-Western Mie Prefecture (Suzuka Mountains), Japan

Race/Ethnicity :: Human/Japanese

Height :: 5'7"

Weight :: 140lbs

Reach/Wingspan :: 67"

Body Type :: Athletic/Lithe

Mode of Combat :: Ninjutsu

Appearance :: Placeholder

History & Personality :: Placeholder

Other :: Placeholder

<====================>

[]Weapons[] :: Dai Sanji, Kunai, Shuriken, Fukku -Kakutō, Tekko-Kagi, Tetsubishi, Torinoko, Kēji no doku.

Kaimetsu :: Hayato’s primary weapon, and also his most trusted; this Katana represents the finest workmanship of his clan! Overall the weapon is 42 1/8”, with 28” owed specifically to the blade. Forged of imported Damascus, and folded over 1000 times; the Kaimetsu (meaning catastrophe) is both extremely durable, and yet flexible. Honed to a deadly edge, the sword possesses superior cutting strength…capable of severing flesh, and bone. Beyond these physical qualities, the katana has been imbued with ancient magics; allowing it to cleave through directed magical attacks, and dispel them. In so doing, the blade will…temporarily…assume the qualities of the ability dispelled. Thus, as an example, if the sword were to cut through a ball of fire…the blade would be limned in flames. The edge of the weapon must be used to cut through the intended target, and can not simply touch it in passing. This effect has an active duration of two-posts, and is then expelled from the weapon. This ability can not be used against magical techniques that have already activated in an area, such as AoE style abilities; likewise being useless against touch attacks. Only one such effect may be active at a time, and cutting through another viable target will refresh…and over-ride…the previous effect.

Kunai :: These throwing knives are perfectly balanced kunai, constructed using single pieces of forged steel. Each double edged thrower measures 12” long and has a black cord wrapped handle with a finger ring built into the pommel. These massive blades are equally suitable for use as a thrower or as a close quarters dagger. The edge of each knife is coated in blessed silver, and thus capable of penetrating the natural defenses of creatures such as: Undead, evil-aligned beings, Lycanthropes, or any other creature with such a weakness. Hayato keeps six such kunai on his person at all times.

Shuriken :: Similar to the Kunai, these shuriken are perfectly balanced and constructed of forged steel. Each one has four sharpened points, weighs approximately 4.2 oz, and is 5 ¾” overall. The edge of each blade is coated in blessed silver, and thus capable of penetrating the natural defenses of creatures such as: Undead, evil-aligned beings, Lycanthropes, or any other creature with such a weakness. Hayato keeps ten such shuriken on his person at all times.

Kaginawa :: Beyond being an exceptionally well made, steel, grapnel the Kaginawa is essentially as durable as such an object would normally be; the prongs of this device are designed to catch, and hold, limbs or clothing with the same tenacity as solid surfaces. Hayato uses the hook for various utility purposes, but it can also be an effective means by which to grab onto…and pull in…opponents. Comes attached to fifteen feet of blackened cord, which has been treated to resist catching fire and is somewhat difficult to cut (requiring two good swings from a sharpened blade).

Tekko-Kagi :: Little more than a reliable pair of steel climbing claws, Hayato uses these to quickly scale nearly smooth surfaces. In addition, his natural climbing speed can be tripled while wearing the Tekko-Kagi. Also, because of the sharpened points, these can be used to dig into an opponent…and thus improve his grapples.

Tetsubishi :: As basic as they are effective, these blackened…pointy…pieces of metal are known as caltrops. They can be thrown, or dropped, on any mostly-horizontal surface; serving as a simple trap for any person who should walk/run over them. Each caltrop is approximately 2“ long, and one bag is sufficient to cover an area roughly 6ft in diameter. Hayato keeps a bag of twenty-five caltrops on both hips…for a total of fifty. In addition, each individual spike is coated with a movement hindering poison; slowing anyone so damaged by 50% for 2 full posts.

Torinoko :: Also known as homemade Firecrackers, and smoke bombs, Hayato uses these in conjunction with his [Misdirection] ability to confuse enemies; giving him time to attack, evade, or retreat as needed. The firecrackers, while loud and capable of causing temporary blindness, are not harmful; though they do carry an acrid smell that can hinder scent based tracking. Likewise, the smoke bombs are purely for their designed effect; filling a 10x10x10 area with enough smoke to obscure Hayato’s movements (leaving only his silhouette only partial visible, and completely hiding any of his specific movements). Both types of Torinoko only last for one-round, and he carries three of each into every battle.

Kyofudo doku :: Hayato, per his skill in handling poisons, is able to utilize this specialized toxin to coat his weapons. Distilled from darkness via ancient rituals, the Kyofudo doku (or Terror realm poison) fills its victims with physical terror; causing the area surrounding a wound to lock up, as if frozen with fear. Once cut, or pierced, by an object coated in this poison; the affected part of the body begins to tingle, and their mind replaces common visual features with more sinister ones (such as statues moving, insects crawling on them, eyes appearing where they should not, etc.). By the second round, the tingling is replaced by persistent itching beneath the skin; paired with slightly more frightening visions pulled from the victim’s psyche (dead relatives replacing visible people, armor or weapons cracking, water rushing in around them, etc.). Finally, on the third post, the injured region is caught in the localized throws of a full-scale muscle cramp; locking whichever two limbs are closest to the afflicted area, and leaving them unable to be used for the full duration of the post. During this time, their fear and paranoia reaches its height…resulting in major changes to the visible world around them. Finally, in the fourth round, the effects wear off…resulting in nothing more than a vivid tingling sensation in the affected region that never completely fades away. While this poison does cause hallucinations, it does not “hide” Hayato’s actions from the target; merely forcing them to be seen in a different light, or under more frightening conditions. For example, they might see the chain-devil that killed their mother when they were a child…instead of seeing Hayato himself. Hayato always enters battle with only one dose of Kēji no doku on his person, and the poison…once applied to a weapon/tool…persists for three posts; becoming dried out, and useless, on the fourth round. Likewise, once the poison has been successfully applied to a target, the dosage becomes useless from then on.

[]Armor[] :: Kusari Katabira, Shinobi Shozoku.

Armor Information ::

Kusari Katabira :: At first glance, this long-sleeved shirt of blackened chain mail seems fairly mundane; however, woven into the links, are layers of protective magic! The item its self is no more durable than a shirt of tightly woven, 16 gauge steel rings would be; providing excellent protection from edged, and piercing, weapons without mitigating much of the impact. While the shirt covers Hayato from hip, to neck…and down to his wrists…the item is rarely visible; concealed by his Shinobi Shozoku, until such time as the suit is damaged. The Kusari Katabira, despite being fashioned of metal, remains completely silent regardless of actions taken; while also feather light, and form fitted.

Shinobi Shozoku :: The traditional garb of those who practice ninjutsu, and an easily recognizable symbol of the Shinobi; this jet-black cloth contains several hidden pouches that easily conceal Hayato’s small arsenal of weapons and gear. Likewise, because of its nature, the Shozoku provides unmatched freedom of movement; acting as a second skin when dry, wet, or even dirty. In addition to this, the suit easily blends into the umbra provided by any shadow…or similar area of darkness. This ability is magical, and even blocks his body-temperature; making it impossible to see him so long as he remains completely still, takes no offensive actions, and is covered by sufficiently low-light. Darkvision, night vision, and similar sight-based enhancements are completely useless against the Shozoku…but only so long as it remains undamaged.

[]Supernatural Abilities/Qualities[] :: Shōten, Akuryō kōru, Mizugumo, Fukumibarijutsu, Chikujojutsu, Kemuri Bunshin, Bōka-tai, Yoru no Suteppu, Shigamitsui Yami, Omo-sa, Toppū, Kaze ga Han'ei, Otoshianajutsu.

Shōten :: The measure of Hayato’s focus, and will, this force represents the primary energy of his clan; allowing him to access his impressive arsenal of supernatural abilities. At the start of any battle, he begins with 100 Shōten; an amount that he is unable to exceed. Naturally, he gains 3 Shōten in a non-active round (meaning not attacking, or being attacked)…5 Shōten in an active round (attacking, or being attacked)…and 15 Shōten for a round in which he successfully attacks (striking an opponent, and inflicting some form of damage).

Akuryō kōru :: By channeling his Shōten, Hayato can reduce the cool-down of one ability; sacrificing 10 Shōten per post, in exchange for dropping the cool-down counter by an additional post. So, for example, if [Kemuri Bunshin] had been used on the previous round…and Hayato chose to utilize [Akuryō kōru]…then the cool-down would drop by two posts, instead of the usual one. While under the effects of this ability, Hayato may not passively gain Shōten.

Mizugumo :: Constant; allows Hayato to walk/run on water, or any other liquid, as if solid land. He may choose to deactivate this ability at any time, and then reactivate it with equal ease.

Fukumibarijutsu :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to spit three, 5” long steel needles from his mouth. These have a range of 10ft, and travel at the speed of a blow-dart. Requires three posts of cool-down between each usage.

Chikujojutsu :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to place one hand against any solid, non-living/attended (such as items held), surface and raise a wall composed of whatever material he touched. The wall rises immediately to ten feet high, is roughly three feet thick, and ten feet long. Because of the force provided by the summoning, Hayato can use this ability to increase his vertical jump by up to twenty feet…doing the same for his horizontal leap. This wall is, from then on, permanent until destroyed. May be used once per round, and costs 30 Shōten.

Kemuri Bunshin :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to…so long as there is an open flame within 15ft…wreath himself in smoke, and create a perfect…albeit intangible…clone of himself. The clone can then, immediately, move in any direction of Hayato’s choosing, but can not attack. The clone creates a trail of obscuring smoke, to which Hayato is immune, and is easily destroyed if attacked. Requires five posts of cool-down between each usage, and costs 10 Shōten.

Bōka-tai :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to unleash a gout of searing flames from his mouth, and set fire to people or objects. Typically, this attack is used to set local terrain on fire (which, regardless of composition, will burn for three posts), and thus provide him with available smoke and light. The fire burns at around 2200°F, has a range of 30ft, and exits his mouth as a stream. It may accurately strike a specific target of his choosing, so long as he can see it and it remains un-obstructed by any fire-proofed object. Because of the brilliance of the flames, this ability is obvious…even from within concealment. Requires one post of cool-down between each usage, and costs 30 Shōten.

Yoru no Suteppu :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to move into the space occupied by his own shadow, effectively displacing him from one spot to the next. In order to do this, there must be a light source capable of extending his shadow out to at least five feet (such as an open flame, or the setting/rising sun). In this way, he can then shift himself up to fifteen feet along the path of his shadow. When using this ability, his shadow will magically extend itself to allow the movement. He may not attack during this movement, but may himself be attacked if the opponent is able. Requires five posts of cool-down between each usage, and costs 30 Shōten.

Shigamitsui Yami :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to give his shadow the ability to catch, and hold, anything placed into or against it. Essentially, this transforms the umbra of his body into a magical anchor…capable of holding up to 600lbs. The shadow, once this ability activates, becomes sticky; tenaciously holding onto anything that touches it for two rounds. This can be used for several purposes, such as: Trapping an opponent, standing on otherwise impossible surfaces (such as walls, or ceilings), securing ropes to an object, and so on. Hayato must not exit the space of his shadow in order for this ability to function, but may walk across the shadow so long as he remains in it…and any object/person that is caught must, likewise, remain within the umbra, but can not move. If either user, or target, are removed from the area…even temporarily…the ability fails. Requires two posts of cool-down between each usage, and costs 10 Shōten.

Omo-sa :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to temporarily coat his hands in magic steel, and grant them protection from metal weapons while also encumbering them. Anytime an opponent’s metal weapon strikes Hayato’s hand, while it is under this effect, it is treated as a bludgeoning weapon and 50lbs of additional weight is added onto it for one round. The reflective/deflective qualities of an individual weapon are useless against this effect. Requires five posts of cool-down between each usage, and costs 30 Shōten.

Toppū :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to summon an upward gust of wind that lets him survive falls from as high as 100ft. The wind effect is localized, and thus limited to only affecting his own body and gear. Requires two posts of cool-down between each usage, but costs no Shōten.

Kaze ga Han'ei :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to unleash a blast of air from his mouth that can displace solid ranged attacks (such as arrows, bolts, stones, spears, and the like) and throw them back at there source. So long as the object possesses a physical form, this ability will immediately halt its momentum, and send it back to the source with equal strength. However, this can not be used in conjunction with any other “mouth” ability. Requires one post of cool-down, and costs 50 Shōten.

Otoshianajutsu :: Instant cast; allows Hayato to summon a circular pit that is ten feet deep and five feet wide beneath himself, or his opponent(if they are within five feet of Hayato). He must, however, place one hand upon any solid non-living/attended surface on which the pit will be created. This pit is, from then on, permanent until filled in. Requires three posts of cool-down, and costs 30 Shōten.

[]Natural Abilities[] :: Misdirection, Physical specs, Fighting styles, Poison use, Acrobatics, Darkvision, Accuracy, Concealment, Slow fall

Misdirection :: Hayato is trained in deception, and does not reveal his intentions through physical movements. Put simply, his every action is solid and well-timed; absent from any “tells”, or forewarning. He does not lead into actions with his eyes, and the remainder of his body is hidden beneath the layers of his Shinobi Shozoku. Beyond that, Hayato is capable of revealing false information with ease; deliberately leading his enemies into ploys, or trick movements. This is not to suggest that his every act of deception is infallible, but it does represent his exceptional training in said art.

Physical Specs :: Hayato is both a highly trained combatant, and superior athlete; representing the finest qualities of his clan! He is 5’6”, and approximately 120lbs, almost all of which is muscle. His climbing speed is 10ft/post (roughly 2ft/second), his swimming speed is 40ft/post (roughly 6ft/second), his running speed maxes out at 30MPH, his jumping ability stands at 46“ vertical and 25ft horizontal (with a running start), his endurance allows him to engage in prolonged battle for up to 15 minutes without a break, and his reaction time stands at 15kph (allowing him to anticipate…and avoid…gunfire as long as he is at least aware of a person‘s intent to fire and can see the barrel of the gun).

Fighting Styles :: Hayato is trained in various forms of combat, all of which were learned under the supervision of his clan. Currently, he is trained in: Ninjutsu (evasive/trick combat), Judo (throws), Jujutsu (grappling/ submissions), Kenjutsu (fencing), Iaijutsu (drawing slice), Tantojutsu (knife fighting), Hojojutsu (rope combat, and quick-knot tying).

Poison Use :: Hayato is capable of quickly, and safely, applying poison to his weapons or gear. By focusing on the action (not attacking, or being directly threatened) for one post he may lace one (held) weapon he possesses with a single dosage.

Acrobatics :: Hayato can access an impressive degree of acrobatics that allow him to escape mortal wounds in the same way any metal-bound knight might let an attack brush harmlessly over his armor. This ability applies even if he is standing very close to his opponent, or not in motion. He loses this ability when immobilized, or helpless. (This ability is an expression of his physical agility, and in no way allows him to 'auto-dodge'. It is merely here to state that he is capable and trained to perform acts of evasion that are within reason, such as an armor bound knight letting a sword skid over his breastplate). This also represents his ability to perform complex flips, rolls, and dives to avoid directed attacks…such as projectile spells, weapons, and abilities. He must, naturally, be aware of these attacks…and able to avoid them…in order to do so.

Darkvision :: Hayato can see in absolute/magical darkness with perfect black-white vision.

Accuracy :: Hayato is accurate with all throwing weapons out to 30ft.

Concealment :: Hayato is capable of concealing himself is areas of darkness, or shadow, as though he were actually invisible. This ability, paired with that provided by his Shinobi Shozoku, makes him almost completely undetectable so long as he is within such an umbra…and remains completely still. Moving does not immediately reveal his location, but it does raise his visibility; allowing those with superior/magically enhanced eye-sight the opportunity to pick out his movements. In addition, this ability designates any shadow/area of darkness that he occupies as “his shadow”.

Slowfall :: Can fall safely, from any height, so long as he is within reach of any non-damaging surface.

<===================>

[BRAWLER]

Name(s) :: Wallace Andrew McColl; First-born son of the Clan McColl A.K.A. "The Gentleman Rocket Fist!"
    User Image
    Player :: Slash Zinrai

Date of Birth :: October 10th, 1840. Is physically twenty-one years old; Displacement through time has not affected this.

Place of Birth :: Aberdeen, Scotland

Race/Ethnicity :: Human [Caucasian: Scots Irish]

Height :: 5ft 10in

Weight :: 150 lbs (180lbs with gauntlets)

Reach/Wingspan :: 86”

Body Type :: Welterweight; Tightly-packed musculature.

Mode of Combat :: Unarmed [Hand-to-Hand: Boxer-Puncher; Orthodox]

Appearance :: Placeholder

History & Personality :: Placeholder

Other :: Placeholder

<====================>

[]Weapons[] :: Steam Propulsion Gauntlets

Steam Propulsion Gauntlets :: A set of bulky, gray-white gauntlets designed to fit completely over the user’s arms; From fingertips to elbows. Constructed of durable Titanium-alloy plates, and flexible carbon-graphite nano-weave (which have been coated with a thin layer of shock-absorbing polymer); This pair of armored sleeves are designed to take a beating, and dish out worse. Below the carapace, a complex system of pipe-work and machinery feeds out to both the palm…and wrist…of the gauntlets; Allowing the rotating 12-capsule pod to dispense steam-powered propulsion to either exit. Essentially, this allows the SPG units to create bursts of force in direct proportion to the amount of capsules expended.

The back of each hand possesses something akin to a rear-facing rocket nozzle, and serves as the primary bracing for all propulsion effects. By expending at least one capsule, attack speed is increased; Equally affecting the amount of strength behind a hit. To that end, the gauntlets can also be used to increase jump distance/height…or even create sudden bursts of physical speed.

However, each gauntlet is supported by a lattice-work of metal braces; Housed below his suit, and connected to a central structure (which can be seen as a segmented “tie“, and titanium plate "dress-shirt" facade.). Though this secondary system provides nothing in the way of additional power; It does allow the user to treat the gauntlets as if they were half their weight (Approximately 7.5lbs each). Additionally, the braces permit him to use his arms even when they are deadened/stunned/paralyzed/etc.; Albeit only to the extent of aligning them for an attack, as all real pressure must still come from the capsules.

Beyond this; Each hand is also adorned by a series of silvered fixtures. The largest of these are attached to the knuckle plate, and stylized as a set of three metallic spikes. Beneath that, each finger is ringed by two additional bands of silver; With the lot functioning as the gauntlet’s primary heat-sink. Normally, the spikes remain pointed away from the fingers; Snapping forward whenever a steam capsule is utilized, and immediately flushing with heat…As do the finger bands. The temperatures generated rise in direct proportion to the number of capsules used; going from room temperature to as high as 1,000°F at four capsules. This increase is cumulative, with each capsule generating 272°F and maintaining that temperature for two full rounds. Should any additional capsules be utilized before those two rounds are expended, then the temperature increases by another 272°F. Thus, eight rounds of using a steam capsule every other round would have the same cumulative effect as using four capsules simultaneously. Due to the diminishing returns of generated heat, the temperature will never rise higher that the 1,000°F mark.

Finally, the carbon-graphite nano-weave (and it’s polymer coating) acts as both a cushion and a shield for the user; Protecting them from the force of impact by 50%, and the latent heat generated by the internal systems up to 2000°F. Beyond this, the material is also highly resistant to shear force, ripping, tearing, or even cutting; Allowing it to remain effective even when contending with the competitive forces exerted by the gauntlets.

Overall, the one major weakness of the gauntlets is targeted piercing damage (specifically by striking between the plates, and into the nano-weave); Likewise, the devices do not conduct electricity very well (with obvious exception to the heat-sinks, which draw current exceptionally well). Lastly, the steam keeps the gauntlets from being adversely effected by chill temperatures; Even going so far as to directly counter-act them.

[]Armor[] :: Maskstache, The Gray Suit, Ammo-tie, Dress Shoes

Armor Information ::

Maskstache :: Wallace's iconic mask, fashioned as a gentlemanly visage, controls the overall function of his equipment; Transferring his mental commands into physical action. Beyond that, it also possesses the ability to transition into night-vision, thermal, infrared, and light-dampening modes. Otherwise, it is composed of the same metal as his gauntlets...And covers everything from the crown of his head, down to below his shoulders.

The Gray Suit :: While not invincible, the Suit is especially hardy. About as resistant to cutting tools as conditioned leather, and easily as resistant to heat as a fireman's suit, this ensemble is designed with rough & tumble in mind.

Ammo-tie :: Serves as the housing for all additional ammunition; Easily wrapping around the gauntlets via electro-magnetic bonds, and reloading them over the course of one post. Contains 24 rounds.

Dress Shoes :: Normal, in every way, except that they are of the finest quality...and have spring loaded steel ball-bearings in the treads. Controlled by the Maskstache.

[]Supernatural Abilities/Qualities[] :: High Brow Drowse, Bounce Back, Only One God, Thriftless Palaver, Bottled Emotions.

High Brow Drowse :: By amplifying the speaker system in his helmet, Wallace Andrew McColl may begin speaking about matters beyond the tolerance of mere-mortals; Creating an effect similar to drowsiness upon any target within range. The creature so effected must be capable of hearing, via traditional means, in order for this ability to function. On the first round, all targets begin to feel burdened; as if an additional 20lbs had been added to their physical weight, as is resting on their shoulders. For each, consecutive, round...up to round three...the weight increases; moving from 20lbs, to 30lbs, and maxing out at 50lbs. In order for this ability to function, and remain active, Wallace Andrew McColl must stand in one place, and continue speaking non-stop...and the target must remain in the effected area. So long as these conditions are met, the effect can last for up to five rounds total; ending immediately, and removing the effect, at the beginning of round six. This is a mind-affecting ability, and has a range of 20ft.

Bounce Back :: Anytime Wallace Andrew McColl is knocked down, and dealt significant enough damage to break the skin, he may shake off the effects of disorientation/pain/nausea/fear/decay/sensory deprivation/etc other than the damage that initiated this ability. Essentially, this allows him to focus his Gentlemanly vigor into a wall of determination that purges him of all non-permanent negative effects; Stopping any that may be active, but not reversing any standing damage already done. So, for example, if he were under the effects of an attack that simulated acid...The damage that had already been done would remain, but (after the activation of this ability) the acid would burn away and affect him no longer. As a secondary effect, he may then return to his feet in a burst of speed. This ability may be used three times in a given battle.

Only One God :: Wallace Andrew McColl, as a practitioner of "The Dapper Way" knows that there is only one God; And is thus highly resistant to the poppycock beliefs of Heathens. Holy/Unholy spells and energy are, thus, not very effective against him; causing any such ability to function at 25% effectiveness when activated against him.

Thriftless Palaver :: Wallace Andrew McColl possesses a unique resistance to word-based abilities; Such as, but not necessarily limited to: Enchantments, Lustful Advances, Compulsory Effects, Lies, etc. On the roll of a d%, so long as the result is higher than 25, the intended effect will fail to work against Wallace Andrew McColl.

Bottled Emotions :: A racial quality possessed by all Gentlemen that allows them to resist the effects of any ability/action/technique/etc that directly impacts their emotions in any way. Essentially, the offending emotion is forced back; Causing it to occur 1d4 rounds later than intended...At 50% greater intensity. Unfortunately, as useful as this power is, [Bottled Emotions] has resulted in more Gentleman Suicides than any other, single, event in human history. This ability is passive, but only activates twice in any given battle.

[]Natural Abilities[] :: Rocket Punch, Stationary Punch, Double Rocket Punch, Rocket Elbow, Rocket Backhand, Rocket Push, Ignition Fist, Vice Grip, Rocket Shot, Rocket Jump, Rocket Slide, Rocket Brake, Rocket Wheel, Heat Purge, What's in a Name?, Detect Commoner.

Rocket Punch :: By far, this is why the gauntlets were built. As simple as it is effective, the rear-mount ejects a condensed packet of steam; Launching the hand forward in a sudden, and vicious, assault of heated metal. Because of how these weapons are designed, up to three steam capsules can be loaded (safely) into a single burst; With a total “magazine” of twelve capsules available. Each capsule increases the amount of force applied; With each unit adjusting the force by a magnitude of 300 psi. So, for example, one capsule would generate an amount of force equal to a single hit (700 psi) plus 300 psi. While the maximum amount of force that his body can handle is 1600 psi, he may choose to utilize as many capsules as he wishes; With ranging detrimental effects to his body.

4] Deadening of the arm for a full post; Any usage of natural strength during that post acts at 50% (350 psi), and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up a number of categories equal to the number of capsules used. For example: While the arm is deadened, using two capsules would immediately progress the damage to six capsules of damage.

5] Stress to the arm leaves it nearly useless for a full post; Any attempt to hit naturally results in an extremely weak punch (175 psi), and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up a number of categories equal to the number of capsules used.

6] Stress to the arm leaves it nearly useless for two full posts; Any attempt to hit naturally results in an extremely weak punch (175 psi), and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up a number of categories equal to twice the number of capsules used. For example: While the arm is weakened, using two capsules would immediately progress the damage to ten capsules of damage.

7] The arm is completely unusable for a round, where-in only the hand can be manipulated, and is then weakened for an additional round; Any attempt to hit naturally fails entirely, causes searing pain, and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up a number of categories equal to twice the number of capsules used.

8] The arm is completely unusable for a round, where-in only the hand can be manipulated, and is then weakened for two additional rounds; Any attempt to hit naturally fails entirely, causes searing pain, and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up to twelve capsules.

9] The arm is completely unusable for two rounds, where-in only the hand can be manipulated, and is then weakened for one additional round; Any attempt to hit naturally fails entirely, causes searing pain, and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up to twelve capsules.

10] The arm is fractured, and moving it results in severe pain; Any attempt to hit naturally fails entirely, and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up to twelve capsules.

11] The arm is broken, and remains in a constant state of severe pain; Any attempt to hit naturally fails entirely, and any offensive capsule usage immediately progresses the personal damage up to twelve capsules.

12] Either by attempting to condense twelve capsules of steam, or via the progression of injuries, the arm is utterly destroyed; Breaking bone, ripping tendons, snapping ligaments, bursting blood vessels, and tearing muscles in an excruciatingly painful way. Not even the gauntlet is spared; Warping the metal, destroying it’s inner workings, and essentially reducing the whole thing to a pile of scrap.

Stationary Punch :: By expending a number of capsules, the user my generate the force of a punch without actually needing to draw back his arm. This allows him to strike hard even in situations where he might not be able to retract his fist, or generate force without telegraphing an attack. Because, in this scenario, he is not attempting to utilize his own striking power plus that of the capsules, he can safely expend more charges than normal (Up to five; With a sixth capsule resulting in fourth capsule damage, and so-on).

Double Rocket Punch :: Used either in conjunction, or as a combination, this is the same overall ability as [Rocket Punch]; With both gauntlets working in unison.

((While the rear-mount provides most of the force; The palm-mount serves as the source of several secondary skills. Primarily, it is utilized to push opponents away, or create bursts of reverse momentum. However, when used in conjunction with the electric diodes, the palm-mounts can create extremely dangerous side-effects for anyone caught unprepared.))

Rocket Elbow :: This is, again, the same basic process as a [Rocket Punch]; Just expending from the palm, and used to hit with the elbow. The biggest difference is in the structure of the elbow plate, which is much more pointed than the fist; And, also, possesses no heat-sink.

Rocket Backhand :: Same as a [Rocket Punch]; Albeit a backhand, and thus incapable of using the piercing knuckle spikes to provide additional damage. The heat-sinks, however, can still burn a given target.

Rocket Push :: By driving forward, and thus physically pushing a target with both hands, the user can consume up to five capsules per gauntlet (safely)to effect 4400 psi of force; Potentially sending a person, or object, flying back. This ability can be used with a single hand, but is only half as effective. Should additional charges be used, treat them as though the physical damage functions per the description of [Stationary Punch].

Ignition Fist :: Each gauntlet possesses a single, highly-insulated, pocket; Housing a pressurized quantity of gunpowder. By activating the necessary mechanism, and holding out one of his palms, the user may unleash the powder as a cone effect; With the highly explosive material then clinging to whatever it hits. Upon passing from either fist, due to the inner mechanism, the gunpowder explodes. The attack also produces 100 decibels of sound and 3 million Candela of light within a 5-foot (1.5 m) diameter. Because the effects of this ability are well known to the user, and it only happens when he intends, the mask’s properties to reduce light/sound protect him from the secondary effects completely. Specifically, the explosion generates nothing in the form of heat within the blast; providing enough forward force to stagger a target (up to 500lbs) back 5ft.

Vice Grip :: Though the primary intention of the gauntlets is to deal damage; The steam can also serve in other, equally impressive, ways. This ability, for example, allows the user to pump two capsules of steam into one (or both) hands; Causing the finger plates to forcibly tighten into a vice grip. The pressure is then stored, locking the hand in place, and creating a nearly unbreakable hold upon whatever is gripped. Short of physically destroying the gauntlet, nothing can break the [Vice Grip] until the steam is released.

Rocket Shot :: While the steam capsules serve the primary purpose of ejecting energy into the gauntlets; They also have another, secondary, use. As the capsules are expended, they immediately feed into a recycle-case; Where-in they are retrieved later, and reused. However, by adjusting the system appropriately, Wallace Andrew McColl can expend a steam charge to launch an empty/full capsule 20ft at 95 mph. The impact is equivocal to being struck by a baseball, thrown by a major-league pitcher, albeit from a smaller...denser...object. Due to the way that force is expended, and the construction of the capsules themselves, the ability functions the same for the entirety of it's range...Losing all effectiveness beyond it's 20ft reach. Finally, if a full capsule of steam is used (as opposed to an empty 'shell') then the capsule is hot to the touch; Roughly 300°F. If such a capsule is struck while in flight, or connects with an especially solid or resistant surface, it expels its contents...Expelling 300psi of force in a burst of hot air (272°F).

((Certain abilities can be used via either mount; Depending solely on the method of their usage.))

Rocket Jump :: By jumping, and either pointing both arms down/up, the user may consume a number of steam capsules to increase his jump height/distance. His average jump height/distance is 2ft/4ft (16ft while running).

1] 300 psi - 3ft/6ft (20ft)

2] 600 psi - 4ft/8ft (24ft)

3] 900 psi - 5ft/10ft (28ft)

4] 1200 psi - 6ft/12ft (32ft)

5] 1500 psi - 7ft/14ft (36ft)

6] 1800 psi - 8ft/16ft (40ft)

7] 2100 psi - 10ft/18ft (44ft) - Maximum safe usage

8] 2400 psi - 11ft/20ft (48ft) - Equivalent to four capsules of damage.

9] 2700 psi - 12ft/22ft (52ft) - Equivalent to five capsules of damage.

10] 3000 psi - 13ft/24ft (56ft) - Equivalent to six capsules of damage.

11] 3300 psi - 14ft/26ft (60ft) - Equivalent to seven capsules of damage.

12] 3600 psi - 15ft/28ft (64ft) - Equivalent to eight capsules of damage.

Rocket Slide :: Through utilization of the ball-bearings in his dress shoes, and two capsules of force, the user can shift himself by 15ft in any direction as though running at approximately 10mph. For every additional capsule, up to a maximum speed of four, add 5mph; Maxing out at 20mph, or 30ft. This shift must be in a straight line, and can never be used to pass through an opponent; But it can be used to tackle them.

Rocket Brake :: By expending three capsules of steam, the user may halt any attack with his arms; Immediately redirecting it in the opposite direction of the force applied. So, for example, an elbow strike could be redirected into a punch…Or vice-versa. However, this ability can be used to turn a special attack (such as [Rocket Punch]) into a regular punch/elbow…or, per this example, [Rocket Elbow]. If used in this way, additional steam capsules must be used to cancel out the amount of energy being used. Thus, to turn a [Rocket Punch] with three capsules of force (1600 psi) into a [Rocket Elbow] with two capsules of force (1300 psi) the user would have to use ten capsules of steam (3000 psi, with 100 psi extra). Any extra force is applied as bonus power, and does not adversely affect the body unless the additional energy is equal to, or greater than, 300 psi.

Rocket Wheel :: By utilizing the Ball-Bearings to reduce his standing friction with the ground, he may initiate a 1080-degree spin attack by expending any number of steam capsules (following the same rules as [Stationary Punch]). The attack lasts the full duration of a round, but is disorienting to the user; Causing dizziness that persists for 2 rounds. Effects of this draw back decrease his accuracy significantly; Making head-shots practically impossible. Also, during this duration, he can't perform another [Rocket Wheel], or risk becoming Nauseated.

Heat Purge :: In the event that the heat-sinks should reach 1000°F, the user may choose to expend two steam charges from the over-heating gauntlet; Opening both the wrist and palm mounts simultaneously and unleashing a cloud of steam. The cloud quickly fills a doughnut-shaped area roughly 13ft in diameter (with the cloud being roughly 5ft wide, and 6ft high, all the way around), with the user at it’s center (a cylinder roughly 3ft wide) and thus safe from the heat. Within the steam, the temperatures reach a cumulative total of the purging gauntlet's temperature...halved. The effect lasts for two posts, losing half of it’s heat after the post in which it forms…and then dispersing completely at the end of the second post.

What's in a Name? :: A Gentleman must always be referred to by their full name (and title if applicable), and anyone who acts in opposition to this sacred law earns nothing but ire from those of the Dapper Way. Anytime this ability would activate, Wallace Andrew McColl becomes approximately 50% stronger for two full posts; Equating to a 300psi increase to his natural punching strength. After that time, he is "winded" for one round...Resulting in an inability to attack for that duration.

Detect Commoner :: This ability functions as a two-fold technique: Allowing both the location of any non-Gentleman, and immediately identifying the "true-gender" of any person. In both regards, this ability is scent-based; And can be occluded by effects that would naturally block sense of smell.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Fighters

The First Round Bracket

[1] Scalar Warfare :: Elianna Ceres, Starcaller (ACCEPTED)

[2] Better Than Gore :: Megan Sade (ACCEPTED)

[3] Red the Ambivalent :: Red Yusuke (ACCEPTED)

[4] Shockingcat :: Umbra "the Moon-lit Sword Saint" (ACCEPTED)

[5] Holy Dreamist :: Zephyr Morrvale, Vampiric Pretender (ACCEPTED)

[6] GalaxyCommander :: Einar 'Son of Årud' (ACCEPTED)

[7] Trexasle :: Leontias Métaliene (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[8] Illijah Volk :: Illijah Volk (Profile Received; Thirteenth in Line)

[9] Hartia Raye Pendragon :: Hartia Raye Pendragon I (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[10] Not Roen :: Roen (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[11] Cael 0x :: Grim (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[12] The Vansin :: Akai Ken no Chonan (ACCEPTED)

[13] themightyjello :: Justice Guy (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[14] Deus Ex Aizen :: Raven Sena Kanzaki (Profile Received; Grading in Progress)

[15] Spooky Mittens :: Ogelsby "Spooky" Misra (ACCEPTED)

[16] Heroic Ambition :: Commander Juno Odessa (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[17] x Leinhart x :: Leinhart Choisel (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[18] Paidi tou Selini :: Yue'il'liang (Profile Graded; Awaiting Revisions)

[19] Glory Sieg :: Gloria Isabelle Ruinen (Profile Received; Grading in Progress)

[20] Alexander Tyson :: Alexander "The Basilisk" Tyson (Profile Received; Next in Line)

[21] The Sauce of Legend :: Stains (Profile Received; Second in Line)

[22] Torhild Lynrask :: Torhild Lynrask (ACCEPTED)

[23] 04 Spriggan :: Descant (Profile Received; Third in Line)

[24] Dr Queensborough :: Edward Queensborough, M.D., Ph.D., Sc.D. (Profile Received; Fourth in Line)

[25] Fierach :: Aoi "The Raging Blue Storm" Kushinada (Profile Received; Fifth in Line)

[26] Tenkai Matsumoto :: Tenkai Shinzou Matsumoto (Profile Received; Sixth in Line)

[27] Dezris :: Alfred Churchill (Profile Received; Seventh in Line)

[28] Revels of the Empty Lord :: The Terrible Old Man (Profile Received; Eighth in Line)

[29] Sins of an Angel :: Tarlyn Auvryund (Profile Received; Ninth in Line)

[30] gay pirate cziri :: Ingri Totestadt, Sunstrider (Profile Received; Tenth in Line)

[31] The Great Absolute :: Ertai Vexic (Profile Received; Eleventh in Line)

[32] [Yusuke Urameshi] :: Yusuke Urameshi (Profile Received; Twelfth in Line)

Backup Fighters

[1] Buxom Bandit :: Rou Ji (Profile Received; First Backup)

[2] Fiend the Bunny :: Kong Jing Mao (Profile Received; Second Backup)

[3] Cyrusian :: Oougi Tawara (Profile Received; Third Backup)

[4] Kagura Mikazuchi MH :: Kagura Mikazuchi (Profile Received; Fourth Backup)

[5] MagnusXL :: Ammiel "Silver" Moonblade (Profile Received; Fifth Backup)

[6] Knight Breaker :: Victor Brandt (Profile Received; Sixth Backup)

[7] Akako Akari :: Akako Akari (Profile Received; Seventh Backup)

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Announcements

+ September 20th, 2014 :: Open for Pain, and Posting. GT3 is love...GT3 is life!

+ October 2nd, 2014 :: Ten Participants confirmed!

+ October 3rd, 2014 :: First RP Mini-Event - Interview with the Demiurge - Opened!

+ October 12th, 2014 :: Roster half-filled! Keep em' coming!

+ October 14th, 2014 :: Twenty Participants confirmed!

+ October 18th, 2014 :: Only ten spots left! None right...

+ October 18th, 2014 :: Second RP Mini-Event - Q-and-A with Ishar - Begins!

+ October 20th, 2014 :: Roster is FULL! Now accepting Back-up Dancers!

+ October 22nd, 2014 :: Truest Valor, Horodus, and The Thunder Tyrant join as Judge Staff.

+ October 23rd, 2014 :: We got GRAFIX; courtesy of Uberwulf X. Banners, and code, can be found below in the "Affiliates" section.

+ October 25th, 2014 :: Striker Nightmare joins as Judge Staff.

+ November 5th, 2014 :: Destructive Forces joins as Judge Staff.

+ November 12th, 2014 :: Striker Nightmare removed from Judge Staff; Knight Breaker joins as Judge Staff.

+ February 6th, 2015 :: Event CANCELLED; Ownership returned, in full, to GalaxyCommander.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Affiliates/Tournament Banners

[ I ] User Image

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/the-city-of-durem-a-gaia-mainstream-thread/t.83769535/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/animekat3/Durem/DuremGuild_zps907de35b1_zps2c66b1b9.gif[/IMG][/URL]

===== + ===== + =====

[ I ] User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Slashzinrai/02ThinLinkWhite_zpsb7d8fa72giforiginal_zpsb184f80e.gif~original[/img]

[ II ] User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Slashzinrai/02ThinLinkGray_zpsf72cff83giforiginal_zpsa3405f80.gif~original[/img]

[ III ] User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Slashzinrai/03GuildLinkColor_zps785e04degiforiginal_zps7ed48416.gif~original[/img]

[ IV ] User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Slashzinrai/03 Guild Link Ani_zpsslbvifil.giforiginal_zpshsbn0l3w.gif~original[/img]

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Open, and stuff! pirate

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Battle: Mage 100
    • Partygoer 500
    Posting for postings sake.

The TittymasterTM has entered the building!

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Take it away, Titty Master!

Omnipresent Consumer

Scalar is trash----

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
    • Wall Street 200
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    You are a God, so you must kill him...like a God.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff