Welcome to Gaia! ::

XO Damn... that's some pretty good art...

Draw me....! heart gonk
Well... I've been thinking about this idea for awhile, and I've been tinkering with it as well, and I believe that now it is good enough to present to you all.

As you know, the RP is slightly based on Naruto, and currently uses its Ninjutsu system. With the new thread and all, I'm planning on distancing the RP from the Naruto anime/manga. That way, the RP is more an idea of its own, rather than a fan-RP of Naruto.

The main similarity between the two ideas, is as previously stated, the Ninjutsu system. I am thinking of changing this, by changing a main aspect of the current system. The hand seals. The hand seals will no longer be needed, when 'ninja tools' are introduced. Sadly, with this idea, only elemental jutsus will be affected. Here is the main idea, as well as a little back story:

Certain materials react to chakra differently. Some when filled with chakra, will burst into flames, melt, or perhaps even create static electricty out of nothing. When combined with items of the same characteristic, and ground into a fine powder, these powders can be substituted as a ninjutsu. The powder will turn into a certain element, and as one molds chakra, can be turned into any form that the user may wish, easily replicating any jutsu performed by using hand seals.

For all non-elemental jutsus, they can be written into scrolls, and used as such. Using the same marks as written on the scrolls, weapons, armor, or any item, a jutsu can be 'bound' to the item. The user simply has to channel chakra into the item to be used, just as one uses a scroll.

Many ninjutsus were not able to be bound to scrolls, the technique used to do this was lost long ago, but research done by the 'Sarisu Ninjas'* has recovered this technique, and has now been brought back into the world of ninjutsu.

Hand sealing is still possible, and is the traditional way that ninjas use ninjutsu, though tools are more practical, and convinient. Hand sealing is just an art, though basic hand seals are still taught to students, if ever they are caught without their tools. Many older ninjas who are too used to the idea of hand sealing still practice it, and are unwilling to give it up. More younger generation ninjas are being taught to use tools effectively in the Sarisu Ninja Academy**, and the teachings are being spread throughout the ninja world. Sarisu's sister school will be the first school that the secret will be shared with.

*Sarisu ninjas are the ninjas of the Sarisu Ninja Academy.
** The Sarisu Ninja Academy is the sister academy to Fukkatsu, founded by Yasuragi Sarisu, a close friend of Kensuki Jensui. The ninjutsu research started near the demise of the original academy, and was finished recently. The Sarisu Academy is eager to show Fukkatsu its findings during the shared Chuunin Exam.

And yes, there, you have heard it! The Sarisu Academy ninjas will be joining in with the RP. There have been a little confusion, as to whether the Sarisu Academy is from a seperate RP or not, but I'll clear that up right now. The Sarisu Academy is an idea of my own, and the ninjas playing in the Chuunin Exam will be played by myself, and anyone else who wishes to use a Sarisu ninja. I recommend that perhaps members not included in the Chuunin exams use them, such as the current Chuunin, or a bored Jounin. I don't recommend, however, the genin participating to use one. You'll be too involved with your own character...

There will be at least 3 Sarisu Ninja, and at most, 6 Sarisu Ninja in the exams. Depending on how many people in the RP are actually active in the exams. I'll be making pre-made 3 pre-made Sarisu Ninja for use. The other 3 may be made up, but are reserved only for new incoming RPers. If you want a friend to join into the RP, please, invite them to RP with us as a Sarisu Ninja. By the end of the exams, the Sarisu Ninja that your friend may play will be transfered into the Fukkatsu Academy, so as to join us in the new RP thread that follows.

So... pretty much, that's the big news. Remember to sign up for the Chuunin Exams in the RP, and have fun with it when it finally comes!

Sorry for the long update. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Sincerely,
[ Rei ]
Mika Takahashi
XO Damn... that's some pretty good art...

Draw me....! heart gonk
Yah sure..
O__o I'm currently trying to absorb the new info."
50 more posts in the RP and it'll have 5000 more than the old one! surprised
Poo!
Someone needs to post in the RP! gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers