Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ohnoes. The dreaded role-play search. The bane of the OOC. Too bad. Dx

I hate doing big introductions since it seems like no one really reads them, so let's get right down to the nitty gritty.

Not interesting in role-playing with me? Stay and chat about role-play in general. Maybe we'll come up with something!

So Mizzer, you're looking for a role-play partner?
1x1, group, whatever. It's all good.

So you'll join a pre-existing story line?
Depends on the activity of the members. I don't like waiting twelve hours for a response. I have spent most of my many, many years role-playing in chat rooms, so what I'm looking for is a group that actually posts.. well.. frequently. If no such group exists... I'll make one.

Oohhh.. do you have any ideas?
Certainly. I have several story lines that I'd love to get people involved with. I do not, however, want to try to start a storyline first, then find people to role-play with. I have not had good luck with this on Gaia. I have in the past played a GM/DM in long term settings.

What about story lines based on a series?
Only if it's The Slayers. Otherwise... sorry, not interested.

What sort of genres do you do?
Anything that fits within the very broad classification of "fantasy". Modern, multi-verse, alternate reality, future, whatever. I particularly like multi-verse settings where different time-settings collide.

What won't you do?
Mary sue storylines. Cliche is fun. Trendy for the sake of being trendy is not. Don't be afraid to pitch something to me. =D Afterall, not everyone shares my tastes.

Do you do het/yaoi/yuri?
Why do people feel the need to mention this? I don't understand. I don't care. There is so much more to role-play than just simply romance. What happened to all the conflict?

But what do you play? Women? Men?
*sigh* I play both women and men. However, do not ask me to specifically play a homosexual or a heterosexual for the purpose of romantic encounters. If it develops, it develops. =|

Do you have premade characters or do you make them up?
I have a few characters who have very solid pasts. I do not understand why people dislike premade characters, the environment I come from prefers it. I prefer it.
I can and am happy to make up characters on the spot.

I need a [insert character here] for my storyline! Would you do it?
Short term only. I'll happily play an antagonist/villain to shake up a story line if I have nothing else.

Do you play over PMs? Threads? AIM?
For 1x1 I'm going to all but insist on AIM.
For groups I'll do threads.
I also play in a java based chat that is free to join, and requires no personal information to set up. http://chat.rpghost.com/ I have two characters there (I believe you are limited to two, at the mo'). It's fun, good for group play!

Anything else?
Uh, I don't think so. Chat me up!
what u think of....

ORCS?
You seem like a good RPer, however I don't understand how it's hard to believe people don't like premades.
A character is, in esscence, a story or set of intertwined stories.
Most people would want to have the freedom to work the story as they choose; meaning having their own character. (I know premades allow some freedom, but I'd assume you're usually confined into a certain style of RPing..)
That''s like a triple negative dude.

But generally speaking, sometimes working within a preconceived limit can be enjoyable. To put it in a crude way, what are sports but sets of rules? It is what you can do within them that provides satisfaction. Freedom is illusory in a sense and restrictions can actually expand your writing repertoire.

Of course, not always, as there can be characters that just don't click for you.
Orcs are good for BASHING!

@Winds of Insanity: A character is not a story. A character can have a story. You create a history for a character for a new story, but you cannot use a character that has a slightly more extensive history that you've already role-played? If the character fits within a story line (Assuming that the storyline is general enough to allow this) why can you not then play this character?

I am used to playing in a multi-verse where you create a character to fit into a broad range of settings, not where you create a character to fit into a storyline. This is how I've played for years.

The sense I have gotten with people is they don't want to get into extensive backstories, but they want a character to have a basic history, which I cannot understand. You don't need to know that whole back story, it can come out through the game as necessary.

I can understand how some storylines demand an entirely new character--but when you're talking about working one on one with someone I don't understand how it should matter.

I see. I'd assumed that the idea of "premade" was always to fit a story.
But then, generalizations rarely do anyone any good, nor did they to me at present time.
I'm interested in RPing, however I'm not sure if you'd be willing to explain the multi-verse thing.
LIKE ELRIC, THE ETERNAL CHAMPION!
I've been made to understand that a "premade" refers to a previously made character. I've had most of my attempts to role-play with people kabashed because when asked what character I'd like to play I mention that I have several that I'd been playing for years people have been put off. It's strange.

A multi-verse is any setting where you can have the collision of different genres/worlds/etc. So say our two different characters are traveling, each from a different established world. My world can be somewhat technologically advanced, or be completely based on magic, where yours could have giant purple dragons or walking mushrooms, or pretty much something that is different between our worlds.

=P I'm an AOL, Rhy'Din brat.
Bare Naked Mizzie
I've been made to understand that a "premade" refers to a previously made character. I've had most of my attempts to role-play with people kabashed because when asked what character I'd like to play I mention that I have several that I'd been playing for years people have been put off. It's strange.

A multi-verse is any setting where you can have the collision of different genres/worlds/etc. So say our two different characters are traveling, each from a different established world. My world can be somewhat technologically advanced, or be completely based on magic, where yours could have giant purple dragons or walking mushrooms, or pretty much something that is different between our worlds.

Well, I can understand that. I usually had patience to complete a single RP with my characters, then move on.
However, I can also understand being attached to characters. I've drawn certain characters for years.
The concept of a multi-verse is something I've considered before, I just did not know it had a name. It was the focus of a couple RPs of mine, though both failed.

Two questions though, one not related, one related.
1--Would you mind RPing with someone younger?
2--What the heck is a professional nudist?
Fun cliche story line #1: Caravan

Setting: Can be pretty much anywhere, just needs to be in motion.

Premise: You have a large mismatched group traveling together for protection. There can be merchants, peddlers, soldiers, guards, nobles/wealthyfolk, commoners, mercenaries, etc traveling within the group.

Conflict? Can be a band of bandits, theif within the group, group from enemy country, infighting, etc.

Duration? Can be a one-shot or a long term deal, depending on how long you want the journey to go, how many conflicts you bring up, etc.

Pros: Allows for a wide vareity of characters, especially for doubling up and/or playing NPCs. Interaction itself can cause conflicts (groups not getting along). It allows for small groups to get together.

Cons: People need to give to this storyline for it to work. If people just stick to their own little groups, it sucks.
Winds Of Insanity
Bare Naked Mizzie

Well, I can understand that. I usually had patience to complete a single RP with my characters, then move on.
However, I can also understand being attached to characters. I've drawn certain characters for years.
The concept of a multi-verse is something I've considered before, I just did not know it had a name. It was the focus of a couple RPs of mine, though both failed.

Two questions though, one not related, one related.
1--Would you mind RPing with someone younger?
2--What the heck is a professional nudist?
I have a few characters I just really enjoy playing. I can tailor them to different settings to make them work.

Otherwise, I do enjoy making new characters. If you ask me if I have any characters, however, I will immedietly think of those that I have spent nearly 10 years developing.

As for you questions:

1. Maturity not age matters.
2. It's a joke. I'm a nudist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out