Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
This is an OOC for all the things between x x - i n k and Falling Mist.
If you are not one of them, kindly look about but not post!
Please and thanks. =]
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Pairing;; Mermaid x Sky Pirate
Basic Idea;; In the year 3455, a series of 50 ft. tsunami's hit the coasts of all seven continents. Effectively wiping out any and all land, and all of Earth's land based animals. Those above in the sky, and down below the sea were the only ones to survive. For the animals of these two elements, life still proved to be easy. As for the humans, some adjustments had to be made. For years they worked on the water in large wooden boats referred to as "Arcs". Onboard were crews of people fighting to survive. By the year 3468, these Arcs were capable of flying, and humans became people of the sky. "Sky Pirates", they proudly called themselves. They made their living by fighting and overtaking other Arcs. Killing their crew and stealing their valuables, most prominently food. Or by landing their boat on the sea below, and fishing. This, however, is incredibly dangerous. Earth's waters have very strong currents, and are prone to sudden tsunamis and hurricanes without the slightest warning. Often sweeping men right off their Arcs and into the waters below. No one really knows what lies below the oceans depths; not since 3455. But one man, a proud Sky Pirate, is about to find out. A fall from his Arc on a stormy evening will send him into the water, and into the arms of a forgiving creature; a mermaid.

Some additions to the plot include:
- Both humans and creatures alike have evolved to adapt to their new surroundings. Creating being such as mermaids, and dangerous creatures that may have once been harmless. Perhaps the tales of the Loch Ness monster are true.

- Not all land has been wiped out. There are still remnants of the seven continents in the form of islands. Some of these, however, are currently inhabited by tribes of people as well as mythological creatures who might not always be so friendly. Also, some islands are greatly developed with grand cities. We at least know of one city in particular, which is ruled by a 'special group' of sky pirates.

- Some (maybe all?) merfolk have the power to appear as human and walk on land. However, their reflection in water will always show their true form. Due to this, the merfolk have always avoided the humans; doing their best to hide the existence of their kind.

Steampunk City Pictures:
- Potential City
- A Down and Out City
- A Skyscraper in Utopia

Arcs/Fleets/Ships
- Badass Fleet
- The Bowels of a City-Ship
- View From a Ship's Tunnel

Under the Sea
- Ruins
- Potential City
This is the picture I'm thinking about using. I like that it portrays her as both a human and mermaid, and its where I got the idea about her reflection in water showing her true form. However, if we decide to use real people I have other options. c:

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Mist's Character References:
(Just so that they're all in one place.)

Civicalum.
Sky Pirate: Jackson Crawley.
The Best Friend: Tyler James.
The Technician: Mason Blackburn.
The Captain: Irving Black.
Picking a name is always so hard. I've half a mind to nickname her 'Nessie', haha. Although that might not be so pretty if we decide to have some sort of Loch Ness monster. xD

And then there is Sedna, which has a nice ring to it. Apparently she was the Inuit goddess of water or something like that.
Cordelia, Marina... I'm probably thinking way too hard about this.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I do like that picture and can totally see the inspiration for the idea! I'll start my own hunt once I get some sleep.

As for the first post, it seems like everything is in order. It might be useful to keep adding stuff there if we scrounge up more pertinent information. I, too, like order, you see. ;P

As for the tech, I think I am leaning towards solar powered, steampunk things for some practicality reasons. I feel like the materials would be too risky to find if they weren't floating/weren't close to the surface where divers may be able to scrounge it up, therefore higher level tech is probably lost for a while to come, especially without traditional energy sources.

Potential City?:

EDIT: DON'T GET ME STARTED ON NAMES. GAHHH. suchachallenge.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh, yes. Sleep. That's a thing. xD
I should probably head to sleep as well, its getting late.

Your plan for the tech sounds good to me. And the artwork for that city is gorgeous. I especially love the steampunk inspiration. Are you thinking maybe they would begin rebuilding their cities like this once they discover the islands? I'm sure some might long for how the world once was. And of course, there is always someone who wants to rule. But I can see some being plenty happy remaining as sky pirates as well.

Well I'm off to sleep, but I'll pop in here tomorrow (later today technically).
Niiiiight~ c:

edit;; OMG. DEM FLEETS. <3

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I actually was thinking that maybe some populations went into the skies because they had no other option while others stuck to the land, taking advantage of their altitude and built up. I found some pictures that kind of allude to this concept, but please stop me if I am off base.

(Kind of went nuts with pictures. My apologies in advance.)

A Down and Out City
A Distant View of Utopia
Utopia in the Flesh (1)

The Bowels of a City-Ship
View from the Top: The Deck of the Admiral's Ship/A Skycraper in Utopia
Supply Station: Get Out Fast or Die
Utopia (2): More Tech Driven
City in the Works
An... Island?

P.S.: Here's THE pirate! (teaser)
ALSO: FLEETS. SO COOL.
Zerochan is the best for pictures.
All of the ones you found are gorgeous! I especially love the pictures you found depicting the inside and outside of the fleets. And I love your idea, especially after seeing all of the artwork you've found. So how will the Sky Pirates react to these cities then? And where do the merfolk fit into all of this?

By the way, I love the picture you chose for your pirate. Ties in with the plot perfectly.
Have you thought of a name for him yet? Or is that still as much of a losing battle as mine? xD

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Wah, thank you! I just wanted to throw them all at you, because they definitely don't have to be used. The few I really found resonance in where the inside of the city ship, the down and out city, and the first city I showed you. =]

Regarding how the pirates react... well, I have no idea. Ahahahah
However, the first city I showed you kind of brings me to an idea I had about a special group that may have an air fleet and a home base? They could theoretically be more in tune with everything as well...

Again, as for the other cities, I have no freaking clue. There's the possibility for levels of success if we want to eventually play with that. I feel like this stuff is so far out! The pictures just happened to be interspersed with shots of characters so I was like - why not?!

And the mermaids are my next step. What are your thoughts though? razz

P.S. Here's a photobucket album I kind of compiled with character ideas, whether it's clothes or real people, who is to say.

P.P.S: How do you feel about Jackson Crawley? I kind of like the idea of his ship being "American".

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Under The Sea...?

Here's some pics (as promised ;P):

Skyscrapers
Ruins (1)
City
More Traditional Fantasy

P.S.: View from a ship's tunnel
Yay more gorgeous pictures!
I really like the Ruins and City picture for the "under the sea" architecture the best.
I think the variation will be nice. And I figure the undersea kingdom could still be undiscovered. Since people aren't supposed to know much about what lies under Earth's waters.

And I definitely get what you're saying. I probably jumped the gun a bit.
If we want to start roleplaying sometime this year, we'll have to leave some of the plotting for later in the story to well... later. xD

So this group could maybe be the "big fish" of the pirating world? Could their home base maybe act as a port for other Arcs (air fleets)? Since I imagine they can't fly around indefinitely. Maybe for weeks at a time, but definitely not forever. Perhaps they could come into 'town' for some sort of fuel for their ship, food (for a price), stay at taverns, and maybe even accept bounty hunting missions? And Jackson Crawley sounds good. I can already see the fleet beaming with American pride. Perhaps some arcs get into scuffles just based on the old continents?

As for the mermaids, as I said before I figured a lot less should be known about them for now. A big part of this plot, in my mind, was the dangers and the unknown of what lurks under the sea. And I think the merfolk would like to keep it that way. I imagine that with the appearance of my mermaid character - no name yet; god knows when I'll decide - will spark many different forms of curiosity in the humans. Such as how they live underwater, and what treasures or resources may lie in their kingdom. Some may hunt them. And perhaps some may even try to ally with them in hopes that one day the merfolk may help them stay safe on the water. But I guess we'll kind of collaboratively figure that all out as we go.

Dying to start this roleplay. xD

edit;; Darn. Just missed you. I guess that's my fault for taking so long to type this, haha. But because of our different time zones it feels a bit like we're playing tag. It's like a race to try and be on at the same time as you. xD

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Ahaha, I float about. I try to close this tab to stay on top of my homework. razz

ANYWHO!

I'm glad you like the pictures! I completely agree about keeping the cities undiscovered. I just - like pretty pictures ahahaha

Jack's group may be fairly powerful. I have no idea! I could definitely see alliances following old continental/national preferences and ideals. As for it being a base, are you thinking that it is kind of like the capital/center for a larger battalion or something? Brain is functioning in like three languages right now so I am a little fuzzy. ;P

As for the mermais, I also agree. Let's keep them a bit under wraps. Although, I do like the idea of some crazy old man or woman having seen one that Jack tries to seek out once he puts two and two together about your character. Could be cute - and hilarious. I also kind of like the idea of having that weird group that has a city/has access to skyboats having some knowledge of them. How they use it is still a giant blank though.

Gah, me too!!

Yes, I was thinking the base could be something like that. And maybe not just for that one battalion, but all visitors so long as they pay for everything. But if not, this place could be totally new to the Sky Pirates as well. c:

And sure, the special group can know about the mermaids. We can decide just what they'll do with the information when the need arises I suppose. Maybe they could have some sort of agreement with the rule of the merfolk's kingdom that even my character is unaware of?

Aha, I love the crazy old man/woman idea you have. We'll definitely have to do that!
Well, would you say we'rd about ready to start? o:
And I don;t really care who goes first, so its up to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff