1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 522 523 524 > >> >>> »|

Enduring Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I promise I won’t bite, unless you’re into that sort of thing <3

Likes <3

Literacy I’m not a grammar Nazi or anything close to it but I like quality and strive for it in my own posts. Given a choice I will take quality over quantity any day. Walls of text are only good if they’re worth reading and replying to. To give you an idea I have been averaging 3-6 paragraphs per post. Recently, I've been improving on my posts though and am now sometimes getting as many as ten good paragraphs or more per post.

PMs I only do rps over private message. Also I will generally only reply to requests sent to me via private messages. Past that I’m fine with moving to instant messenger to flesh out a plot. Even with notifications I will most likely just miss any post made in the thread so if you want to be noticed send a PM. Do not post in this thread..

Age I am twenty-three years old and like my partners to be around my age. I would prefer for whomever I role play with to be at least 18 so I at least don’t feel like a *****. If you make a good argument, though, I will occasionally make exceptions.

Gender and Orientation I am a female and prefer to play female characters unless I say otherwise. I will sometimes make exceptions and play a male or something else but that's rare. As for orientation I don’t discriminate but I will never do a male/male pairing. I will consider a female/female pairing depending on the plot and my mood but it’s unlikely. Hetero is really what I will go for before any others if there’s going to be romance.

Romance I love romance. I also love drama and realism. I like character flaws and conflicts. Mostly though it's drama. I love when it gets all crazy like a soap opera so it feels like anything can happen.

Dislikes </3

Magic/High Fantasy It just really isn’t all that interesting to me because too often it has to be limited to keep characters from being too powerful which I don't find interesting. Like many things I will make some exceptions.

Series Based/Fandoms It’s the number one thing that I just won’t do. One reason is that I just don’t keep up on enough things. Mostly it’s that I would prefer an original idea and coming up with my own characters instead of trying to keep with a set mold.

Doubling If a plot requires multiple characters then that’s one thing and I’m all for more characters. Starting out however I prefer to have on main character that I develop and become comfortable with before I throw in more. If it is only because neither of us want to play a male character though or you would like for things to be "fair", then just move along because it just isn’t going to happen.

Templates/Character Profiles I agree that character profiles do serve a purpose but for a one on one role play I will simply discuss my character’s attributes. More often than not starting out I don’t know my character yet as I prefer to develop them going along and don’t recycle them enough to have a perfectly clear picture ahead of time. I'm sorry if you have a different view of things.

Writing Samples I’ve gotten by this long without asking for samples and don’t wish to start any time soon however many times people make me rethink my policy on it. Please don't ask me for samples either. I’ve seen some amazing samples by people that ended up consistently making horrible posts as well as the reverse. If you really must require it there's a post farther down with a little sample. Just don't judge me too much based on it alone, please.

Font I’m sure most people can understand this but I have a lot of issues with my eyes and there are fonts that I can’t read. You’ll notice that I don’t go for anything pretty. If I send you pictures I will link them and in posts. Generally, I will just use default fonts. If you'd like to know more just ask.

Enduring Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Private Message Request

Ideas It seems that I can’t stress this enough but I need more from you than just that you want to role play. If you send me a message only telling me that I will ignore you. I don’t care if it’s something I’ve listed in my following post or something you’ve been thinking of already but tell me something you would be interested in actually roleplaying. It could be a plot (full or mostly undeveloped), a pairing or even just a character but give me something to work with since I’m already telling you here on my search thread what I’m craving and looking for.

Questions If you have any for me they are an awesome way to get a conversation rolling. You could ask me about how I might feel about a genre or setting I might have listed as a place to start if you can’t think of anything else. Usually I’ll have a question or two for you as well so be prepared.

Enduring Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
Plots, Pairings and Settings
I'm good at brainstorming and coming up with new ideas so if none of these quite tickle your fancy hit me up and we'll see what we can come up with together. Of course I'm also always open to ideas outside of what I have listed. I especially love twisted and creepy so if you have something that fits this definitely send me a message. <3
The character I wish to play appears in this color

Victorian Nightmare- For this plot I would love a pairing between cousins or some similar close relations. They would be of upper class/high society. The female would be sent to stay with the male relation in hopes of finding a promising suitor there that the family would approve of. The male relation however has been obsessed with her for years and cannot tolerate the idea of anyone else possessing her. As she rejects him he might use any method possible to get his own way as he’s accustomed to due to his great wealth and position in society. He has also seen the dark secrets held by those males of his class and when blackmail might not dissuade them, such as in a rivalry with a lifelong competitor of his, how far might he go to stop them from having her? If desire is great enough would even murder be out of the question? When he can’t have her simply from rejection there is also always the option of driving her crazy.Girl/Female relation<3

Not Your Typical Toy- With all the dating sims out there and advancements in gaming technology we come across a new type of gaming accessory. A robotic girl built for the next stage in dating sims. What would happen though is this model turned out to be non-H or in otherwords can only be run with PG rated games. She might be built for more but her modesty programming would never allow you to find out. For the most part from what you can tell she looks and feels like a real girl and even seems to have all the same emotional response although having a digital read out can come in handy.Toy

Secrets Weigh Heavy- We all have secrets that we keep but what about those people to whom keeping their secrets means not just their own survival but of their loved ones as well. This could be someone in leading a life of crime or an undercover cop leading a double life.
One such idea I've been wanting to really get going is about a hitman that was keeping what he did secret from his girlfriend for years until he was set up by the crime family he worked for to take the fall for something he didn't do. When the rp would take place would be years after when he's released from prison and finds the girlfriend (it would've seemed to her that he just disappeared) is dating the dirty cop that helped frame him. Now he has to get her back while working to get revenge on the dirty cop and his "family".
Another very similar idea I had was for a boxer that just hasn't quite been able to make it pro so he's taken jobs as an enforcer and low level leg breaker. He could work his way up and gradually forget more about his dream of boxing, try to find a way back out of the criminal life or any number of other things.
Female Undercover Cop or Girlfriend

Obsessions- Obsessions can be dangerous and when a girl on her own in the big city finds herself being stalked and turns to a friendly co-worker or neighbor for support and safety she has no idea how close she is to the one making her so scared. Will she get away before it's too late and even if does will life ever be the same...The girl being stalked

Cyber poltergeist- So we start out with a girl thinking she's meet a new friend and have been chatting to them online. This new friend is really a ghost of sorts though, using the internet to find new friends or victims, whichever the case may be. The poltergeist could be able to control other things that are wired up as well to mess with this girl's world.

A New Start At The Old- After her whole world is turned upside down and a celeb is forced to escape the life she worked so hard for how will she handle going back to the small town she left behind, to her parents' house that she grew up, and most of all the boy next door she'd left behind with all the rest of it. Can they pick up where they left or could he even forgive her? There's the matter of her healing after what happened to make her run and when it's over there's always that chance she could chose to go back or just run again.

Happily Ever After?- A playboy expected to finally grow up and settle down like a good boy can't take it anymore and disappears. Can he survive on his own? What will happen when he meets a girl that sees him for the man his is and not just a dollar sign?

~*~

Modern or dark fairytales/Unusual Pairings

1860's New York

Old West
-Drifter x Saloon Girl

Medieval

Old School vampires (no sparklies)

Lycans

Demon x Human

Bodyguard x Client

Nymph x Human man

Mermaid

Arranged marriage

Kidnapped x Kidnapper

Dark Masquerade

Partners- perhaps in a circus act, dancing, or something else

-Carnival

Circus/Circus of the Bizarre Tensions rise between a ringmaster and a daring performer as she pushes things to more thrilling levels while putting herself at greater risk.

Mixed Fairytales

Fugitive Princess

-Killer Next Door

Biker

Enduring Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
If you'd like a sample or would like to skip over some discussion here's a starting post for my Victorian Nightmare plot:

It had been an unexpected blessing when the offer came for Sophie to go and stay with her cousin. Her father seeing no hope for inheritance to live on since he was the third son, he sought a military career and so distanced himself from his family. His marrying her mother had been a further blow, a woman not without merit but an orphan and later a school mistress. The girl’s up-bringing had not been lavish or without hard times but her family was close and she had always known she was loved.

There was also the constant enrichment with books and art and music her mother brought into the house and saw that Sophie learned and became proficient in all of it as any promising young lady should. With the home education she was given a freer will and opinions than would have been allowed in school and she was left independent thinking and strong-willed. Over all she might have made a fine wife to any man if not for that one little problem of a lack of wealth.

There were plenty of young soldiers who seemed more than willing to overlook her problem, especially when marrying an officer’s daughter might further them in their careers. Marriage to a military man was something neither of her parents wished for her though and forbid her to even entertain the idea. A romantic heart and being ever surrounded by dashing young men in those seductive uniforms and her parents feared for her. At seventeen years of age and most all of her friends married and mothers long before her she was running out of time.

So it fell to her wealthy and well-connected cousin without the same limitations of her father being away aboard one of her majesty’s finest ships, offering to take her into his home and see to it that she was settled in a good marriage within a year. Given no choice of her own on the matter Sophie was quickly packed and sent on the long journey, a letter from her father going ahead of her to announce her impending arrival.

Sitting in the back of a public coach across from an old matron and her niece snoring away in chorus Sophie gazed out at the passing landscape. She was nearing the end of her three day journey and with nothing but brief stops at little inns while the horses where changed out for fresh ones she was ready for her trip to be over. The gloomy grey weather outside, drizzling off and on the last two days had her longing for a good meal and a warm, soft bed.

It didn’t seem like Spring in the slightest, although it was still early. She felt cold even bundled up as she was in her nicest and warmest traveling clothes; a soft cobalt wool coat with black buttons and braids around the trim. It had been newly purchased for her trip along with two new dresses. It was an older one she was wearing then, simple black with no adornments. Her mother had never been much of one for pretty frilly things. At home she was always expected to be practical with the one exception being the occasional dance when she could wear lighter and prettier colors than all those darks and she could wear pretty ribbons in her dark hair. Her hair was dark ember-colored, contrasting starkly with her milky white complexion but in the light of a candle or fire it would show off some of the loveliest golden hues, at least that’s what her friends had always told her.

Her features were delicate and her skin perfect showing no imperfections. Sophie’s cheeks flushed easily, showing every blush clearly which could make her endearing. It was her eyes that could make her seem older, a sort of weariness even if they were always curious. At other times they could seem so young and innocent when she could look up with perfect brown doe eyes and escape any suspicion of ever being capable of any wrong doing. It all made her a perfect mix of her parents, her mother’s dark hair and delicate feature along with her father’s brown eyes and spirit.

Shivering she pulled the red plaid blanket supplied by the coachman closer around her, grateful for its warmth. With a sigh then as she gave up on the weather improving before she reached the inn and met her cousin’s coach for the last stretch of the journey. The black clouds hanging heavy and ominous in the sky saw to that. Turning her eyes back to her book held carefully in black gloved hands she read the rest of the way to the inn.

It seemed fortunate that the light outside she’d been reading by lasted until they reached the town and marking her place with a green ribbon she tucked her book away in a small handbag she carried from a strap on her wrist. Looking out again she saw the heart of the town bustling with night life from soldiers, present all over the country, and travelers and revelers alike. As the door opened she was first to step down, leaving the two still snoring women behind as she searched with her lower lip held firmly between her teeth for a coach she thought could be her cousin’s.

It turned out none of them were, with it being hidden away in the coach house. The girl learned of it when a male voice had addressed her and she’d been instructed to wait inside while her luggage was dealt with and the coach was brought around. Sophie didn’t mind the opportunity for a warm fire and hot cider to fight off the chill but hardly had the chance to enjoy it before they were off again.

Her cousin’s home wasn’t far from the town but from what she could see of the dense forestry closing in around the road and what she remembered from visits when she was younger it was secluded enough in the country. It was how she preferred it, away from the noise and hustle and bustle of the busy towns and forts she was used to being moved between growing up.

The trees broke and the sound of the coach wheels changed as they pulled onto the private drive but with daylight quickly receding she couldn’t see the manor well that loomed in the darkness. It was firmly in her memory though and how she’d always thought of it like a castle from a storybook. It might have been a bit cold and dark but it had a certain charm to it, an air of mystery.

Enduring Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
~*~BUMP~*~

Enduring Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
~*~BUMP~*~