Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drake117's Significant Otter

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

27,125 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
RubyRai
My, looks like I may have glossed over a few details in my story again. sweatdrop
Pine's Reach isn't the only place the carnival has ever appeared, just it's most recent location. it may have even stopped by more than once in the past, following some several-year cycle. I'd imagine some people would have moved to the carnival's target location at different points during its "nightmare influence", allowing some visitors to grow a little bit of curiosity or at least start to hear rumors about the dreams unless they arrived the day of the fliers.

As for that slew of questions... lemme see if I can answer them at all; I just woke up, so my answers may be a bit shaky. Feel free to probe for more if that's the case.
Where the carnival affects several locations, not just Pine's Reach, I'd imagine that it comes and goes on a slightly random cycle - allowing it to take members from all over the world instead of just the one town, and keeping its eerie stigma in those locations to a relative minimum. In regards to the "mind wipe", as cool as it'd be, no. Think of it more as an extended illusion, as though those who've walked through the mirror maze still think they're in the same carnival until things start getting weird and life-threatening. Should someone effectively escape the carnival, they'll suddenly wake in their beds as though it's all been a terrible, vivid dream and only the single night has passed; where people can remember bits and bobs of their dreams, I'd imagine remembering a vivid one could be mistaken for actual memory. Either way, the magic of it making it all seem like a dream would call the legitimacy of those memories into doubt. The carnival also has imps at their disposal to make it seem as though the person had simply moved away should they be claimed by its hunger.

Does that make sense? I hope it does; it certainly sounds a lot better than, and I like it a lot more than "role play logic". sweatdrop

Apocalyptic Prophet

Rasquathena
Gotcha.
That about clears everything up for me. Thank you.

Gracious Gatekeeper

Rasquathena

That actually makes me want to rewrite my carnie's back story 'cause if she made it into the carnival but her children escaped. . .if all goes according to plan then her two children would have woken up thinking it's a dream but then would have no parents. . .unless they were told that she had died in the fire that her sibling's mother created. . .
Would it be alright if I did make the children npc's then? Now that I'm thinking more in depth to them.

Drake117's Significant Otter

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

27,125 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Whew, that was a busy turkey day. I hope everyone stuffed themselves into a comfortable coma of the food variety. 4laugh
Lucunda Somina
I don't see any reason why you couldn't, love, as long as their characters are able to contribute to the story as things progress.
*loves up this here OOC*
Hey y'all, I'll be playing Tris.
Basic concept - she's as healthy as an ox. Hyper-realist who's probably gonna quickly assume that all the horrorstuff is special effects and play along with it until something gets through her relatively dense gaiety/inability to read vibes.
I might be busy with life for a while but quote me beep me if you wanna reach me.

Gracious Gatekeeper

Subatomic Woofers

Welcome hun! I'm so happy for you joining! ^_^
Oh fun, I have two characters here One being my carnie ( she's the contortionist)
and I'm now just starting on my human girl, I believe she's two slots above yours.

Rasquathena

I know I had a wonderful food coma
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Rasq ^_^
And awesome, but now I wonder what I could do to make them contribute to the story progression. . . hmmmmm.

Sex Symbol

26,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
*rushes through the thread on Alistair's shoulders*
I get a second Thanksgiving Dinner tonight!!!
Muahahahahahahahaha!

RubyRai's Wife

Romantic Sex Symbol

12,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
*waves to Woofie* Don't worry. Laune is sure to make the girl see that this is all not a dream at all... emotion_dowant

Laune: Just...gimme five seconds with her. Pain is always the first shock of denial for these kind of people. *flips dagger innocently*

RubyRai's Wife

Romantic Sex Symbol

12,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
*waves to Woofie* Don't worry. Laune is sure to make the girl see that this is all not a dream at all... emotion_dowant

Laune: Just...gimme five seconds with her. Pain is always the first shock of denial for these kind of people. *flips dagger innocently*

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Good morning sweet poflos. I'm Boards and I'm playing Emeline, the high-strung high-wire ballerina (pun courtesy of Ruby)

Distinct Citizen

Whoever was responsible for Aden "the control freak..." has my approval. Lol -reminds me of myself- crying

Lots of luck with the rp! x3

RubyRai's Wife

Romantic Sex Symbol

12,700 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
We have so many humans now! emotion_kirakira Hopefully we get profiles in soon so we can staaaaaaart. heart

Apocalyptic Prophet

roguethestar
Oh yay, that's me. I'm glad you like him.
Lucunda Somina

Thanks for the welcome!
Lacramioara's story is so sad, with the babes. Is Matthieu around?

chelsea-chee

Tris: *pulls lower eyelid down* Better catch me first, ya lil' knife freak.
Nah, but in all honesty, getting peeled alive would prooobably work. I'm a lil' bummed that I'm not playing a masochistic character this time around.

Sex Symbol

26,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Subatomic Woofers
*loves up this here OOC*
Hey y'all, I'll be playing Tris.
Basic concept - she's as healthy as an ox. Hyper-realist who's probably gonna quickly assume that all the horrorstuff is special effects and play along with it until something gets through her relatively dense gaiety/inability to read vibes.
I might be busy with life for a while but quote me beep me if you wanna reach me.

If Laune doesn't pull her in, I am sure Al might play with her until she is convinced she is in a dream and that's when she'll probably lose a body part.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff