Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Sex Symbol

GRIN---Mr_Cheshire

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                              EVELYN STAFFORDxxxDAUGHTERxxxPULCHRITUDINOUS
                                              obedient || graceful || imaginative
                                                        The Alliance Falls: The Rubes... by association

We are, as my mother likes to say, at the ‘cusp of breaking into high society’. I actually think we’re becoming the dregs of the upper-class, not that what I think matters. I’ve been brought up learning that well-raised girls like me do not form my own opinions, and if I do, I hold my tongue. Instead, my opinions should be that of my parent’s, and in the near future, my husband’s. My father’s success has earned us the status of nouveau riche, and despite some of the upper-class scorning those like us, my mother is determined to match me with Old Money.

The Stafford family can reach new heights!” My mother constantly reminds me. “We’ve waited for this for so long, and your father has worked very hard, but your marriage can make things a bit easier for us. It matters not whether our wealth was in the family for generations, or whether we acquired it recently. What’s important is that the Staffords always belonged with our ‘betters’. If I’ve done my job right, there’s no reason for them to deny you their sons.” She looks at me sternly. “You must do exactly as I say, do you understand Evelyn?” Before I can answer, she embraces me, a bit awkwardly. We rarely show affection in this family. “Everything I do, everything we do, is because we know what’s best for you. You know that, don’t you darling?” I smile, even though she can’t see it, and reply, “Yes, mother.” She needn’t worry, I’ve never disobeyed her.

Obedient Evelyn. As long as I obey, I am the loved, favored Stafford child. Raised 'properly', soft-spoken and well behaved, enchantingly charming and well practiced in 'respectable' arts. The pride and the most eligible of the Stafford girls. Reliable, demure, graceful Evelyn, so unlike my brother, who my parents consider as good as dead. They rarely speak of him, and I am not daft enough to mention him. But I remember him. Devilishly good-looking and quick witted, he could have been easily matched with a daughter of high pedigree and have lived a very comfortable life, but that was not the life he wanted. He wanted adventure and excitement, and often spoke of running away to join The Romani.

"They know how to live! They understand what life is." My brother often whispered passionately, while I listened eagerly, all the while trembling at the thought of being overheard. "Arranged marriage? Status? Pah! What good is it in the real world? Look at how we act like our lives are far superior than theirs, when in reality we aren't living. Not really. They are."

Those whom my father and his peers sought to do away with, my brother wished to be a part of. While we shared the trait of desiring dangerously imaginative fantasies, I lacked his courage. As soon as he turned eighteen, he ran away without looking back, and I envied him. I dreamed my fantasies in secret, and although I lusted for a world beyond the stifling one perfect Evelyn belonged to, this restricting life was the known. I was far too cowardly to walk the precipice of uncertainty.

By day, I am Miss Evelyn Quinn Stafford, the obedient, graceful daughter. But by night, my imagination runs wild. And secretly, my subconscious prays for daring.

theme song

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Tipsy Darling

Pulchritudinous

Putting it up now!

Sparkly Sex Symbol

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♔ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

-fistpump-
Joyness!
4laugh

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♥ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Tipsy Darling

Your bio is glorious xD

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

Very much agreed Chesh. I love love love your bio Pulch.

It sorta puts mine to shame.
            GOOD JOB! biggrin

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Sparkly Sex Symbol

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♔ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Then I shan't mention that it took me a night of much interrupted sleep and countless rewrites.
Guys, I'm a genius!
-curtsy-

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♥ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

That you are!
            -nodnod-

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

b u m p i n g . . .

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist