Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Darling

User Image

User Image
                        In a world where steam and mechanics rule the world there is little room left for those who follow the rules, manners, and ways of the old world. For decades, the Nomadic Romani have been fighting to keep their place in the world whether being known as entertainers, scoundrels, or both. Now, more than ever before, the shrinking community of performers, thieves, and fortune tellers have not been regarded as entertainment but superfluous tramps; unnecessary vermin that pollute the outskirts of towns, poisoning young minds with sexual performances and lies. The general populace now believes that clans of Romani need to disappear from the world by any means necessary. At first the Romani viewed these beliefs as little more than fear, something they were accustomed to from generations of the general populace not understanding their eccentric culture. Slowly, though, news of entire families disappearing, with their camps left as if frozen in time, started trickling to the clans, scattered throughout the towns and with the news came uncertainty and distrust.

The disappearances were slow at first - just a family here, another there - until it seemed the idea of removing the Romani from humanity spread like wildfire. Families were forced to either disband or travel under the growing fear that, one night, they might go to sleep and the next morning their caravans would be a standing ghost city. For the Petulengro, ruled by a stubborn patriarch, there is no question about disbanding or dying; it is making the choice between dishonor or death. For him, there is no choice. But some in the family no longer agree with the view and wonder if becoming part of society isn't the better option. Leaving the family, however, is not as easy as simply walking to the nearest town; once you are blood, you are always blood. And then there are those that see the Romani lifestyle as something to be idolized, the life of legends and dreams. Can they find the courage to join the caravan life and face certain death? Or will someone find it within them to change the mind of the populace?

The Owner: GRIN---Mr_Cheshire
                        The Editor and Mod: Langwell
                        The Inspiration: Interest and motivation
                        The Graphics: Photobucket and dA, edited by GRIN---Mr_Cheshire
                        The Level: Lit+
                        Status: Open and In Progress! Still accepting characters!

IC---Profiles

Tipsy Darling

User ImageUser Image

1The rules of literacy are a bendy, flexible lot though they seem to run along the same general lines these days. What I will expect is either a 300 word minimum, or three beefy paragraphs. Regular grammar/spelling rules found in Barton.
                                      Writer's block is a thing and I understand that it happens more frequently than we all like to admit. All I ask is that you give us a heads up and then do your best at helping to continue the plot. Even if you end up posting just a paragraph that's only a paragraph long you've probably given someone something to work on and it gives you a chance to push through your block.

I love having active Oocs. Like, cannot stress how much I love it. So please, for the sake of my happiness, hang out with us in the Ooc. Also, do plot with people, and make a point of trying something new with a character you might not interact with. I think it makes things that much more exciting.

Gaia TOS is a thing. We follow that there.

Please respect everyone who enters this thread. We all have different life-views, beliefs, religions etc. In running this thread I welcome characters who are questioning their sexuality or are interested in the same sex. If you apply for this thread then please be willing to be open to these ideas if they crop up.

5To apply for this thread please first fill out the reservation form and post it to the Ooc, making sure to quote me. Once reserved you can fill out the profile skeleton which will be added to the main thread. Again, with the profiled skeleton, please quote me in the Ooc. The information you need for the reservation is 'finding time'

6There will be specific relationships required but each person's role in their society is up to you. IE Someone needs to be the eventual heir to the family but they can be a dancer, thief, etc. Also there will be a limited number of 'sympathizers' allowed for each side. That does not, however, mean that your character cannot change the viewpoint of another character in the span of the Rp. Because, after all, isn't that the point of the roleplay?
                                      Also, your character may technically fall under two categories in the Romani family. For example, you can have an illusionist who works through puppetry, or a thief who dances. This, however, is not necessary so you can have a straight up fortune teller. Not all Romanis are thieves!

7What I look for in my roleplays is for a way to challenge myself as a writer. While a certain level of literacy is expected I still want to provide a place for people to improve their writing skills, refine character development skills, or experimenting with things that are new to you. Although having fun is a laarge part of this thread I also want to offer a space where people feel comfortable doing new things. If you have no interest in pushing yourself then no need apply.

8No, but seriously... HAVE FUN!

Tipsy Darling

User ImageUser Image

The RomanithisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderThe Rubes

Although technically family, the Romani arethisisaplaceholderthisisaplacehoKnown as the general populace,
                                              not necessarily related to each other by blood.thisisaplaceholderthisisaplacethe townspeople are split by class
                                              Free Flowing and open with eachthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderolder.but within each class there are
                                              other, sex becomes more of a comfortthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholder.those with mixed feelings about the Romani.
                                              rather than a taboo.

Theatrical EntertainersthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderUpper-Class

ThievesthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderthisisaplacehMiddle-Class

Koolio_KitsunethisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderhisisallPulchritudinous
                                                  reservedthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderhisisaplacelopen
                                                  openthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderhisisaplaceholdopen

Magical EntertainersthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderthoLower-Class

GRIN---Mr_Cheshire thisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderhCleaver Greene
                                                  open thisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderhisisaplaceholdopen
                                                  open thisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderhisisaplaceholdopen

OtherthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholderthisisaplaceholdGovernment

Tipsy Darling

User ImageUser Image

USERNAME

namename we can call you
                                        reservationromani/rube and their role in their society
                                        character faceceleb. or model who's face isn't commonly seen
                                        locationwhat timezone are you in?
                                        sampleswhat's your writing like?
                                        real lifewhen can we expect to see you around?
                                        code wordhide-and-seek! go find it.

[size=14][b][color=#C2A223]┎[/color][color=#C09D23]━[/color][color=#BE9923]━[/color][color=#BC9523]━[/color][color=#BA9123]━[/color][color=#B88C23]━[/color][color=#B68823]━[/color][color=#B48423]━[/color][color=#B28023]━[/color][color=#B07B23]━[/color][color=#AE7723]━[/color][color=#AC7323]━[/color][color=#AA6F23]━[/color][color=#A86A23]━[/color][color=#A66623]━[/color][color=#A46223]━[/color][color=#A25E23]━[/color][color=#A05923]━[/color][color=#9E5523]━[/color][color=#9C5123]━[/color][color=#9A4D23]━[/color][color=#984823]━[/color][color=#964423]━[/color][color=#944023]━[/color][color=#923C23]━[/color][/b][/size]
                                              [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=15][b][color=black]USERNAME[/color][/b][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                              [list][list][size=11][b][color=firebrick]name[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]name we can call you[/color][/size]
                                              [size=11][b][color=firebrick]reservation[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]gypsy/rube and their role in their society[/color][/size]
                                              [size=11][b][color=firebrick]character face[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]celeb. or model who's face isn't commonly seen[/color][/size]
                                              [size=11][b][color=firebrick]location[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]what timezone are you in?[/color][/size]
                                              [size=11][b][color=firebrick]samples[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]what's your writing like?[/color][/size]
                                              [size=11][b][color=firebrick]real life[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]when can we expect to see you around?[/color][/size]
                                              [size=11][b][color=firebrick]code word[/color][/b][color=#c2a223] 〗 [/color][/size][size=10][color=dimgrey]hide-and-seek! go find it.[/color][/size][/list][/list]

User Image
                                              CHARACTER NAMExxxCHARACTER ROLExxxUSERNAME
                                              trait 1 || trait 2 || trait 3
                                                        The Alliance Falls: Who does your character sympathize? The Romani or the Rubes?
                                                        Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character

theme song
                                                        character colors

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                                              [align=right][img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/isolatedstar_333/Steampunk_Gears_Necklace_by_asunder-1.jpg[/img]
                                              [size=20][color=Sienna][b]CHARACTER NAME[/b][/color][/size][color=white]xxx[/color][size=12][color=indianred]CHARACTER ROLE[/color][color=white]xxx[/color][color=indianred]USERNAME[/color][/size]
                                              [size=15][color=sienna]trait 1[/color][color=indianred] || [/color][color=sienna]trait 2[/color][color=indianred] || [/color][color=sienna]trait 3[/color][/size]
                                              [list][list][list][list][list][size=10][color=Maroon][u][b]The Alliance Falls:[/b][/u] Who does your character sympathize? The Romani or the Rubes?
                                              [spoiler] Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character Paragraph Bio about your character[/spoiler][/color][/size]
                                              [size=10]theme song
                                              character colors[/size][/align]

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Tipsy Darling

Tipsy Darling

Tipsy Darling

Tipsy Darling

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

GRIN---Mr_Cheshire

LANGWELL

nameLangwell works fine-- unless you want to shorten it (Lang) or otherwise call me by a completely different name (Muffin).
      reservationa Romani theatrical entertainer
      character faceKerri Taylor
      locationUSA -- EST
      real lifesometime every day generally during the week-- it depends on my workload (college student for the win!) ; weekends are up for grabs-- it could be all weekend save meal times, it could be not at all if I go home
      code wordJust need to find the time!

I made a few changes to the code. You can see the comparison here. I can go back to the original code if you'd like, but I'm pretty sure you want it to look like what I just posted, right?

Tipsy Darling

Yes, yes I do. What would I do without you?

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

You wouldn't survive. Haha.

Tipsy Darling

Yes, this is so very likely. <3

Bowie Tie's Bae

Tipsy Conversationalist

GRIN---Mr_Cheshire

User Image
                                              NATALIYAxxxENTERTAINERxxxLANGWELL
                                              stubborn || hotheaded || confident
                                                        The Alliance Falls: the Romani Nomads
                                                        Growing up as a Romani child is a completely different childhood than one for the Rubes. The Rubes focus on money, success, power, privilege, and education; for me, it was quite different. The only similarity shared by both peoples would be our affinity for wealth-- for completely different reasons, however. Nomads in general are typically on the lower scale of earners and, well, the Romani earn/take it as much as we can. Yes, that does mean that, in some cases we resort to thievery, but not always; you would be surprised how much a Rube will pay to watch a girl dance. I was taught at a very young age about music, the arts, and dance. What Rubes consider a "traditional" or usual education was ignored. If I had wanted to learn how to read, I would have; there was no extensive need for it, especially while working. Dance was my specialty from an early age; the rhythms and the beats present in the music played and the music naturally occurring made me move, creating a craving deep in my bones for dance. I learned to dance among my cousins, my aunts, my uncles, my family, my clan; there was no such thing as being alone, being quiet. If you wanted peace, you found it yourself away from your wagon or caravan. It was good that I rarely craved such solitude, working best among the hustle and the bustle of family, of loud noises and crowds, the limelight that being a dancer brings you.

Let Me Entertain You

Tipsy Darling

Langwell

DENIED.

JK. Love you <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items