Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
welcome everyone!

to answer a few questions:

@rational insanity: Of course! There won't be any character discrimination as long as they're believable.

i-krauser san had suggested over PM that the wildlings have returned beyond the wall, and returned to their post ASOIAF ways (raiding, pilaging, etc.), essentially making them enemies to the Night's Watch. I am not opposed to this idea, however I wanted to see if anyone else had any opinions to the matter?

I am planning on having the Others/Wights re-enter the role play, and if the wildlings live beyond the wall then the role play will start to reflect the events of ASOIAF even more. I do enjoy the idea of history repeating itself, but I'm wondering if maybe it would be too much? That being said, there would be two other possible routes for the wildlings to travel, the first is that they remain south of the wall (though highly unlikely), the other is that they go north of the wall, but remain allies to the Night's Watch, offering them eyes and ears beyond the wall, while the Night's Watch would offer them protection from the Others, should they rise again. The wildlings would then continue to be able to have their freedom. If that makes sense.

What do you guys think?

llawll's Significant Otter

Magical Enthusiast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like the idea of the wildlings assisting the Night's Watch in their efforts against the Others. Like I said earlier, I'm only half-way through A Storm of Swords, unfortunately, so I'm not fully informed concerning the happenings beyond the wall, but I think that kind of plot line could be interesting for anyone who either read the books or is just a fan of the show. It doesn't spoil anything, but would also likely lead to interesting tensions between the Night's Watch and the wildlings, who, though teaming up now, have long since previously been enemies.

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So I posted up my rules and stuff.

I'm wondering if maybe they are too long?

Any ideas on cutting them back, or do you guys think that they're okay?

R o s a e iel's Compadre

Empyrean Star

I don't think anything looks like it needs to be cut back in the rules. Hey, the rules are the backbone of keeping an RP working - it's fine if they're a little long. If people aren't willing to read them, then why would they be willing to write/read enough for the RP itself?

Magical Enthusiast

I don't think they're too long. They're pertinent, and informative. Like Fei said, if people aren't willing to read that amount for the rules/instructions, it's doubtful that they'd be willing to keep up with regular posts of similar length.

And, really, they're more 'helpful instructions' than rules. So it's the kind of thing prospective RPers should kind of want to read, right?

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
That's what I thought, but then I was like, eehhh..

but as long as there's people willing to read through them then it's all good.

I like the idea of helpful instructions haha.

Oh, about post length and stuff, how did you guys feel about what I had decided? Do you agree/disagree?

Also, was there anything that was unclear?

Magical Enthusiast

I thought everything was pretty clear. The only thing I had a question about was concerning character profile threads. Do we have a different thread per character, or does each RPer have one thread for all of their characters?

Other than that, though, it made sense to me. I think the post length rules sound good, too. I like the idea of 'quality of quantity,' as a general rule. Mostly, people who make quality posts also have a habit of making longer posts, too, so I think it should all work out. A minimum is helpful, too, in giving people the general idea of what you're looking for.

It all sounds good to me, really. :3

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
excellent, I'm glad it was clear!

Oh, I had originally intended a seperate thread per character... but it might make sense for each role player to have a thread for all their characters..
maybe. What do you think would work better? I've never done this for a role play before haha
I think you should do one thread per house.

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hmm.

I suppose. I like the idea of each character having their own 'space' as it were though.

But, maybe we can put it to a vote?

Greedy Gekko

I think it'd be easier to reference profiles if each character had one, but I kind of like the idea of a thread for each house.

And about the wildings and the Night's Watch...that kind of plot line became important in A Dance with Dragons. But I'll be quiet about it. surprised

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
@catb320:

I know, that's why I wasn't sure what to do with them >< I mean, it's not the same, but similar.

Magical Enthusiast

A thread per House seems interesting, and kind of fun, but I think it could get complicated if people have characters not tied to any houses, like mercenaries, or foreigners, like, say Braavosi or some such.

Personally, I always feel like 'a thread for a single character' felt like a bit much, like it's taking up too much 'space' or something, even though I know it's not and it's just me ^^; . . .

In any of the cases, though, as long as they're organized somewhere, like in the OOC thread or the main RP thread, it doesn't really matter how the profiles are grouped, right?

That said, would I be allowed to have a Braavosi courtesan? I feel like it would be a fun character to play.

There could always be a thread for miscellaneous characters.

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
@rosaeiel:

Of course! However, we would only be playing on the continent of Westeros, so as long as you can fit her in then its no problem at all.

I feel like if we're playing with both Westeros and Essos, the role play is just going to end up being too spread out.

As for character threads:

I like the idea of each player having a place for their characters, and would like everyone who joins to create one thread for all of your characters. It just seems a bit more organized that way, and a little less work on my part. I'm already behind schedule for opening up the role play, and I don't want to delay any longer.

I still need to put up weather, as well as information on the setting.

After that I think it would be okay to begin, once I start getting some characters in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff