Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

/ /XȽ I F EXG O E SXO NXXit gets so ɧeavy
                          XXXXXXTHE W H Ɇ E L BREAKS THE Ƀ U T T E R F L Y
                          XXXevery tear, a waterfall • every tear, a waterfall • every tear, a waterfall • every tear, a waterfall
                          XXXXXXXXXXIn the night, the s t o r m y S T O R M Y n i g h t
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXSHE ȻLOSED HER EУES
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX AWAY SHE'D ҒLY

Chronis is the last metropolis on Earth, housing the remnants of a once exponential
                          population. Earth has rejected human occupation, causing them to hide within their walls from
                          the outside world. Technology is incredibly advanced, but their metropolis cannot be sustained.
                          The government is faced with a tough decision: they must begin to face the world outside them
                          for the first time in decades of reclusive behaviour. The land outside isn’t as it once was, nor the
                          creatures in it. Left alone for years, the Earth has enforced a new order. The risk would be great,
                          sending a colonisation party out into the wild unprepared. To combat this, and their rapid
                          population growth and inability to house everyone, they invented Paradise. Paradise is a fictional
                          place that the government of Chronis invented. For years they have been promoting Paradise-
                          an island of unimaginable beauty, happiness and relaxation. They advertised it as a place only
                          the obscenely rich could ever go, but a few years later introduced the “PARADISE LOTTERY”.
                          This lottery had 300 lucky, everyday citizens of all status in the running to go to Paradise. Eager
                          to retire early and live a life of luxury, they left Chronis’ walls willingly, never to return again. The
                          people were dropped at a few potentially hospitable environments, and given tools with which to
                          start a new civilisation. From there, the government monitors them with drones and occasional
                          fly-bys, trying to learn from their mistakes and their victories.

inspiration: cloud atlas, aeon flux, maze runner, hunger games and various other movies
                          credits: various artists from zerochan.net
                          moderators: parchments
                          graphics: the amazing parchments did the breathtaking graphics its so beautiful im going to cry

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

XXXevery tear, a waterfall • every tear, a waterfall • every tear, a waterfall • every tear, a waterfall

“Will YOU be a winner? Paradise could be waiting! Winners will be announced LIVE at 12PM
                          tomorrow. Don’t miss out on PARADISE!”
                          The announcement was voiced by a cheerily
                          programmed android, the image of her bright golden eyes, red hair and sexed up military outfit
                          appearing in holographic form all over Chronis. Her name was Lilly, and she was one of many
                          attempts to win over the masses.

Ashmore pushed his glasses up his nose, leaning back from the computer screens that spanned
                          from the top of the long desk that circled the room to the ceiling. Operatives were all around him,
                          tapping at keyboards and mumbling into their headset. They were at their busiest, trying to
                          organise all the preparations for Paradise. Ashmore leant forward, tapping and programming the
                          announcement to occur every hour until 6pm. Tapping his wristband, the time was projected.
                          Hurriedly pulling on his military jacket, he locked his workstation and grabbed his folder, running
                          out of operation room 1a.

He jogged through the corridors, hoping that Sargent Kaplan wouldn’t be in a bad mood. Stopping
                          just short of the office, he got his breath, stood up straight and knocked. The door unlocked, and
                          he stepped inside promptly, closing it behind him and hearing it click.

“Good Morning, Ashmore,” Sargent Kaplan said, pressing a button on his desk with a gloved hand
                          and gesturing for Ashmore to sit. He did, and out of the desk two cups of coffee emerged, steaming
                          and creamy. Not real milk, of course, but the imitation was close. Ashmore placed his folder on the
                          desk, and took his coffee with a nod of gratitude, looking up at the older man with a familiarity.
                          He’d been his primary assistant for over a year now, a term length that was unheard of for the
                          notoriously picky Sargent. When the Sargent began talking, Ashmore quietly tapped at the tablet
                          in his folder, inputting commands and taking notes.

“We have some special guests for Paradise, as usual,” he started, bringing up a screen and
                          flipping through a rotation of different faces. “Miss Keyes, ID1922, perhaps the most famous
                          on our list. She is perhaps one of the most popular entertainers in all of Chronis, her songs
                          topping the charts consistently. It would have been favourable to keep her here, to continue
                          appeasing the people, but sending her to Paradise is a lesson I cannot avoid. She has been
                          attempting to access information about Paradise. The information she has been looking for is
                          very high security, and it’s perhaps obvious that she got some hint from her sister. As you know,
                          her sister is on my grandson's squad, an excellent soldier for all her setbacks. He actually
                          recommended her for promotion. Usually we’d send a dispatch team, but because of her
                          connections and popularity it would be difficult… So, to Paradise she goes.”
                          He finished
                          the first candidate, and Ashmore almost blushed when he explained his reasoning. For him
                          to do so showed incredible trust and some level of respect- it could be that Kaplan was grooming
                          him for a promotion.

“Noted, Sir. Would such a notable name merit a separate announcement?”
                          He inquired, head running through various ideas for a promotional video.

“No... Why don’t you have her accompany you to make the live
                          announcement? Capture her surprise on camera. Having her there will increase the viewers,
                          too.”
                          Ashmore nodded, making a few entries and sending an official summons to the
                          unfortunate Miss Keyes. “Shall I go on?”

“Please do,” he nodded, taking a sip of the rich, smooth coffee.
                          What a luxury it was.

“The next nominated winner is a Mr. Martin ID 4771. He is an independent
                          reporter- a very troublesome one. While barely anyone reads his work and he is considered
                          mentally unwell by most respectable people, his works are getting closer and closer to exposing
                          some serious secrets the public is better off not knowing. If anyone serious saw his work and
                          made it theirs, we could be in for a bigger problem. Paradise has come at a convenient time.”
                          Ashmore nodded, all information entered swiftly as usual.

“Thirdly, a rookie enforcer- Miss. ____ - ID6711. I don’t like the look of her, she’s too
                          ambitious.”
                          He took a long drink, before coughing and wiping his mouth with a
                          handkerchief. It came away with spots of blood. He folded it so it was hidden, and placed it
                          back in his pocket. “More women are coming up in the ranks, Ashmore. You’ve
                          got to make sure they know their place, otherwise the whole system will descend into chaos.”
                          This notion had never sat well with Ashmore, but felt nowhere near passionate about it
                          so say anything. He watched over his own team of enforcers, which contained women, and he
                          found himself with a favourite who was female. He hoped he wouldn’t have to fire her to make a
                          point to the Sargent.

Sargent Kaplan transferred a list to Ashmore’s tablet, containing about fifty names.
                          “Those are the rest, make sure no one misses out.” The old man
                          smiled, and a blotch of blood he had missed dripped from his mouth. He caught it with his hand,
                          staring at the redness there distantly. “You are excused, Ashmore.”
                          He muttered, unlocking the door to let him out and locking it behind him.

Tapping his wrist again, he swore under his breath and back to the operation room. He had
                          a lot to organise before tomorrow.

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

O V E R V I E W

Good morning/afternoon, this section is a brief overview of the roleplay world, as if I were
                          explaining it to you in person.

The world is set on Earth, hundreds of years in the future, inside the last metropolis, Chronis.
                          Chronis is inside a dome, protected by high walls. Inside Chronis there are many injustices.
                          Similar to the hunger games, the rich live lavish, extravagant lives with parties, drugs, and
                          entertainment readily available, while the poor are forced to work in dangerous factories or
                          demeaning service positions or become homeless and surely perish. In this world, many of
                          the children born to poorer families are sold to the government for a small reward, and they
                          essentially become slaves of the state. Fans of free labour, the government also has programs
                          that grow babies in test tubes that they can train and use as they please.

The government is essentially the military- they are one and the same. Enforcers are the police,
                          and the high command of the military has complete control over the lives of those within Chronis
                          . They have a responsibility to keep everyone alive and provide nutrients and clean air, but in
                          their strive towards surviving, they have enhanced previous societal problems and created a corrupt society.

In Chronis, it is illegal to be a homosexual or associate with homosexuals. It is also a legally
                          punishable offence to talk back to your husband, and you can be put to work in the factories
                          if a woman physically assaults her husband or any other man that is her professional senior.
                          There is no welfare system of any kind. There is a fee to enter high school, which is small,
                          though rich families can elect to pay more for private schools. After high school, the poor
                          graduates must immediately begin work or will quickly fall into a life of starvation and
                          hopelessness.

Real grown food is incredibly rare and expensive. Much of the population eat protein bars/cakes
                          and drink premade smoothies. Poorer individuals, such as those in service industries, the
                          factories or test tube babies, eat tubes of nutri-paste to sustain themselves. Population break
                          down.

RICH : 10%
                          MIDDLE CLASS : 25%
                          POOR : 50%
                          DESTITUTE : 15%

R O L E P L A YXX D E S I G N

In this roleplay i want to do something a little, well, odd. Bare with me through the explanation.
                          Basically, there will be TWO In Character threads for the same roleplay world. The two separate
                          threads will deal with two separate plots that operate within the same world, and will come to
                          interact with each other as time goes on. The two IC threads will take place in two locations.
                          The first is within Chronis, and populated by characters within its walls. The second features
                          those who have "won" a trip to Paradise and are fighting nature and each other to survive.
                          There are a few reasons I want to do it this way. I enjoy having quite a few characters,
                          but dislike having multiple settings/plots in the same IC as it feels cluttered and disorganized-
                          it can be hard to see the pace of each and see where direction or focus is required. This is an
                          experiment in many ways, but I'm hopeful it will be successful in many ways, even if not in the
                          ways I planned.

T H EXX A P P L I C A T I O N S

These aren't very long, because i am merciful and want to ask a lot of smaller questions.
                          An important thing i'll be looking for is that thing that makes your character different
                          to the others available, it really shows me you understand the role that your character plays
                          in the story and its subtleties. ^-^

Scroll down to find the application code. Fill it out and PM it to me, Miss MeguMegu.
                          I want to keep the applications anonymous, because it worked really well in the lovely
                          iAishiteru's roleplay Existence. So if you could be a stealthy ninja and fill it out in
                          a word doc or an ancient thread to keep everything on the down-low, that would be greatly
                          appreciated!

Additionally, the people that have secured roles are friends I roleplay with frequently.
                          I gave them their roles because it would be unfair to have them compete with others,
                          and I already know they are a pleasure to write with. Also, because I can.

T H EXX R U L E S

Dont join unless you feel enthusiastic about the character.

Be cool, we're here to have fun and stuff.

Please be considerate in your responses- give lots of juicy stuff for people to reply to.

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

User Image
                                  B L I Z Z A R DX╸ ╸ ╸TRAITOROUS VIRTUOSO ENFORCER

XXXXAGE: Twenty-fiveXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                XXXXNAME: Solaine RousseauXLOYALTY: Government

XXXX⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
                                XXXXXSHE EXPECTED THE WORLDX
                                but it f l e w away from her reach - so she ran away in her sleep

FIERY ° SHARP ° ENIGMATIC ° TENSE ° WEARY

Your father was in the military, and he saw your potential from an early age. He was your hero,
                                    and a truly good man. He refused to compromise his morals, and though it cost him promotions,
                                    he was happy and free from guilt. He had a clear conscience. He taught you everything you
                                    know, and gave you a huge head start on the other kids at the academy. Your father never even
                                    considered subjecting you to a career of humiliation like the other girls in your school had to
                                    endure. He even encouraged and helped a few to start careers in the military. One of those girls
                                    was W I L D F I R E . You have a fire within you that pushes you forward, making
                                    you determined to stay ahead of the pack. Unfortunately, you realise that your gender is a huge
                                    factor in a world driven by fear and oppression. You’re smart though, and know when to fight for
                                    your voice to be heard and when doing so would cause more trouble than it was worth. You are
                                    a mysterious figure on the squad, and are the second in command to A V A L A N C H E.
                                    A life constantly on the edge bites at you though, and you feel like you have to keep up a façade
                                    in order to remain on the job. Two years ago, your father won a ticket to Paradise. You were
                                    happy for him, but it came after a series of interviews with the higher ups in the military and
                                    some serious accusations. There is a voice in your head that says something isn’t quite right,
                                    and no matter what you’re unable to silence it. If there is even a small chance your father may
                                    be in danger, you feel obliged to investigate it. Your best weapon is your silence and invisibility.
                                    You are unnoticed- unimportant. Though you hold power, the grunts only follow your orders
                                    because A V A L A N C H E commands them to. What will you find if you
                                    go looking?

DREAMED OF PARA- PARA- PARADISE! EVERY TIME SHE CLOSED HER EYES!

ID#7512X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xmalurus coronatus

User Image
                                  S A N D S T O R MX╸ ╸ ╸UNAPPRECIATED SQUAD TECHIE
                                        XXXXAGE: TwentyXXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Efrain BarnettXLOYALTY: ?????

PROTÉGÉ ° TALKATIVE ° AWKWARD ° KIND ° COWARDLY

Your father was a pretty big deal in the military. He was credited with single-handedly taking
                                            down a drug cartel in the slums. As such, you were groomed for the military. Unfortunately, you
                                            don't have a violent bone in your body, nor a spine, apparently. Lucky for you, machines were
                                            your calling, and the enforcer squads all need a techie. You're brilliant, really, but no one seems
                                            to take much notice of that. You're very friendly and bubbly- easy to have a conversation with-
                                            and happy to be the joker. You've got your squad out of all kinds of sticky situations. Blissfully
                                            unaware of corruption and untouched by paradise, you're just interested in your workshop and
                                            your music. In the evenings, you moonlight as a professional gamer. Shooting games, ironically,
                                            though you never did like the real thing. You don't take anything seriously. There is something
                                            about B L I Z Z A R D that unsettles you. You feel like she knows something you don't,
                                            and that doesn't make you feel too confident. A V A L A N C H E intimidates you, but
                                            you're not alone in that fact. He looks down on you because you're a techie, but at the same
                                            time respects you when you perform well. He just doesn't seem to like you, but he's just so
                                            serious.

ID#6913X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xcakesauce

User Image
                                  S O L A R X F L A R EX╸ ╸ ╸GUN FOR HIRE
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty-ThreeXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Katarina FioreXLOYALTY: Government

WILD ° WHIMSICAL ° BRUTAL ° OUTCAST ° EXCEPTIONAL

A creature of impulse, you do what you want when you want regardless of social decorum.
                                            You're the daughter of a deceased but powerful family, and have inherited a huge fortunate.
                                            Despite this, and because of your influence, you went into training to become a gun for hire. You
                                            attacked the training viciously, treating every sparring match as if it was life or death. You broke
                                            a lot of bones, on yourself and on others, but came out of the academy with people whispering
                                            your name in fear and awe. It doesn't go to your head, though, you're always waiting for that
                                            person that can outmatch you, that's better than you and could threaten your life. This excites
                                            you. Unfortunately, because you have no regard for propriety, tradition or convention, you are
                                            treated as an outcast. A highly sought after outcast, but an outcast none the less. You do things
                                            because they bring you joy, excitement, pleasure or release. You get the job done, but there's
                                            no telling the way in which you'll do it. You are in awe of the few animals grown in a tube in
                                            Chronis as pets, and value their lives over that of humans. Many people think you're a dumb brute
                                            because of the way you act, but you're very aware of the state of the world. This is your way of
                                            dealing with it, by eating up life at every opportunity and refusing to settle for mediocrity. One day
                                            a few years ago, you went to a huge party in the inner city, and got startlingly high. There, you
                                            met E A R T H Q U A K E
                                            . You two spent the night together, and you had a great time.
                                            You thought he was fun. Later, E A R T H Q U A K E came to you with a huge problem,
                                            and in the process had to reveal some of his more secret secrets. He had been spotted by a
                                            govt. official, and had no idea how to keep him quiet. The official happened to be your supervisor,
                                            and you really didn't care for him. To see if you could, you assassinated him as he walked
                                            through the ground floor lobby of the Nexus building.

ID#2648X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xmiss megumegu

User Image
                                  A V A L A N C H EX╸ ╸ ╸RELENTLESS SQUAD LEADER
                                        XXXXAGE: 20-30XXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: NameXLOYALTY: Government

SERIOUS ° HARSH ° INVASIVE ° HONORABLE ° RESPECTABLE

Grandson of Sargent Kaplan, you have shot up the ranks and are now in control of your very own
                                            squad. Though some dare to question your promotion, those that work with you quickly realize
                                            you have every skill to back up such promotion. Quick to punish, reprimand and even dismiss,
                                            you take no nonsense when it comes to your enforcers. You are devoted to maintaining order in
                                            a world teetering on the edge of chaos. Small mistakes of some can have immense impacts for
                                            others, and you are unforgiving of mistakes for that reason. No part of your enforcer's life is off
                                            limits, as it all affects their performance. You put the same pressure on yourself, though, and
                                            your whole life is about discipline and the law. S A N D S T O R M
                                            irritates you
                                            to no ends with his immaturity. B L I Z Z A R D is by far your favourite, but you
                                            don't go easy on her, for her own sake as well as for appearance's sake. While you're a hard
                                            arse in many ways, your sense of justice and honour is immense, and you don't feel that a
                                            person's gender should decide their fate. If you became unstable and a threat to the way of life
                                            within Chronis, you would take your own life without hesitation. It is this that makes you
                                            incredibly respected by those around you, and highly valuable to those in the upper ranks.

D R O U G H T is the head butler of your household, and looks after your young
                                            siblings. You have a weakness for the man, though would never show it. You sometimes train
                                            together.

ID#7624X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xlegit cyn

User Image
                                  T S U N A M IX╸ ╸ ╸LOCAL CAFE OWNER
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty-NineXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Chantelle Meadows XLOYALTY: Anti-Govt

SWEET ° SCHEMING ° REALISTIC ° IMAGINATIVE ° RESTLESS

Left with your parent's business, you have carved a small success out of a grim world. Your eyes
                                            are wide open to the injustices of Chronis, and have been since you were small. Questioning
                                            and inquiring- you soon discovered how far gone the government was. You were unable to prove
                                            it, though, and began simply helping those where you could by offering them jobs at your cafe
                                            and growing it to accommodate more. You were old friends with H E A T W A V E,
                                            and when he was honourably discharged from the military, he came to work with you. You
                                            shared your thoughts and feelings with him, and he disclosed some of the atrocities he was
                                            made aware of during his service. You began a plan, one designed to out the government and all
                                            its corruption. During this time you met T O R N A D O and took advantage of her
                                            position, finding her desires and your own in sync. You are a mother figure to many girls that
                                            work at the cafe, and particularly feel attached to T O R N A D O because of the
                                            suffering she goes through every day in order to one day, maybe, make a better future. Shortly
                                            after, you met V O L C A N I CX E R U P T I O N
                                            and he provided you with valuable
                                            information about what could lie outside the walls and what future they might have there. You
                                            have created a kind of revolutionary family, but have managed to keep it entirely under the radar
                                            of the officials with your sweet, motherly, kindly persona. You are not violent by nature, but you
                                            do want to see them burn for what they have done.

ID#6544X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘XII Rational Insanity II

User Image
                                  H E A T W A V EX╸ ╸ ╸RETIRED HONOURARY ENFORCER
                                        XXXXAGE: Thirty-OneXXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Giles PennerXLOYALTY: Anti-Govt

MATURE ° STEADFAST ° TRANSFORMED ° POWERFUL ° GENTLE

Discharged with full honours at a considerably young age, you had insured income for the rest of
                                            your life set. In service, you lost a limb and some smaller parts of your body. Thanks to the
                                            medical district, you were able to survive and become a cyborg- part man part machine. The
                                            things you did in the military seem like a dream of another man, a cruel man. You returned to
                                            T S U N A M I after you were healed, and asked to work peacefully in her cafe.
                                            You carry yourself with a quiet but steady power, and choose your words carefully. You consider
                                            this your retirement, and don't take kindly to those that wish to complicate it. T S U N A M I
                                            spoke to you about how she really felt about Chronis and its government, and you were able to
                                            tell her some of what you and others had done in the name of law and order. Something
                                            changed for you that day, and you realised that it was not acceptable to make people live in
                                            such a way. Up until then, you had been the perfect soldier. Never questioning, stuffing down
                                            the feelings of distrust or disgust. Now you carefully plot with T S U N A M I
                                            and wait for the time when you'll have to take up arms again. T O R N A D O
                                            has become very precious to you, and you cannot help but let your emotions get in the way of
                                            her information gathering. If it were up to you, they would just get her out of her current situation
                                            and find someone else to get them intelligence.

User Image
                                  T O R N A D OX╸ ╸ ╸RECEPTIONIST AND PLAYTHING
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty XXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Lucretia NeillXLOYALTY: Anti-Govt

PERFORMING ° STUNNING ° WASTED ° LIVID ° FEARLESS

This is not the fate you would have chosen. You were from a family that could afford not to sell
                                            you as a child, but they were not rich enough for you to avoid employment all together. You were
                                            assigned a position at the government's military base in the low level general offices as a
                                            receptionist because of your exceptional beauty. They tried to put you into modelling, but you
                                            objected and they took mercy. Here, you answer calls, make coffee, greet, direct, type and draft.
                                            At first you struggled a little, finding yourself anxious and losing track of things, but now you're
                                            the most efficient receptionist in the whole building. The more unfortunate side of your job is that
                                            you have to wear fairly revealing clothing, be made up and smiling at all times, and you would be
                                            fired if you even showed the slightest amount of anger or resentment towards your male
                                            coworkers that often take advantage of your dependency on the job and their status. The way
                                            they treat you is normal to those around you- even to the other receptionists- but you feel sick to
                                            your gut with the injustice of it all. Some of them are respectful, but the majority are a headache.
                                            For a long time you felt stuck between poverty and violation. People told you to brush it off- that
                                            they were complimenting your good looks and that you should be thankful- but you grew hallow.
                                            At a very dark time, you met T S U N A M I. She was kind to you, and the words she
                                            spoke just... made sense to you. You didn't feel alone with her- like she was putting your own
                                            deep, buried thoughts into words. After meeting H E A T W A V E, you made sure
                                            to visit the cafe and help out every day after work. H E A T W A V E wasn't
                                            like anyone you'd met before, and you felt comfortable with him. He quickly became a father
                                            figure for you, and you were working with him to try and find a way to transfer out of your job and
                                            work at the cafe. T S U N A M I changed your mind, though,
                                            noting how valuable it was to have someone on the inside of the government's security. Now you
                                            bide your time, happy knowing that one day soon you'll be able to pay them back for all the s**t
                                            they put you through. Your anger is fierce; you have been silent and smiling for too long.
                                            Though you feel motivated, a part of you still whispers that you aren't good enough- that you're
                                            weak.

During on of your shifts, you saw a high up official get shot as he walked in through the bullet
                                            proof sliding doors. The image of his head exploding stays with you, and you feel like there has
                                            to be a story behind it all. The killer was S O L A R XF L A R E.

ID#1562X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xtoo few cooks

User Image
                                  V O L C A N I C X E R U P T I O NX╸ ╸ ╸THE LAST ENVIRONMENTALIST
                                        XXXXAGE: 19-24XXX GENDER: male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: nameXLOYALTY: loyalty

ARDENT ° FLIGHTY ° DAMAGED ° HOPEFUL ° REVOLUTIONARY

You're a rare species, that much is certain. Ever since you were small you've had a fascination
                                            bordering on obsession with nature and its organisms. While information on the plants and
                                            animals of old Earth are rare, you have managed to track down as much as you can and have
                                            studied it relentlessly. You are not okay with the way people are living in Chronis. You got a
                                            scholarship to study at university, one of a very, very limited few allowed to do so. If not, you
                                            would be working in the factories with H A I L S T O R M. You two are tight, and
                                            it hurts you to see him so tired and worn out at such a young age. The hours he works make
                                            you sick, and the idea of being stuck inside an airless factory all day and part of the night
                                            actually terrifies you. You don't cause trouble publicly. It is clear that the government have
                                            absolute power, and you don't want to throw your life away on immature impulse. Despite the
                                            grim situation, you feel hopeful for a future outside the walls. T S U N A M I discovered your
                                            interest in the environment, and invited you to work at her cafe to earn some money on the side.
                                            T S U N A M I made her intentions clear to you once she decided you were
                                            trustworthy, and introduced you to H E A T W A V E. You bonded with them, and
                                            realized they shared your dreams of a different future- a brighter future. This could be your
                                            chance to make a difference.

ID#3213X↗↗XOPENX↘↘Xusername

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

User Image
                                  L I G H T N I N GX╸ ╸ ╸ORPHANED STREET RAT

XXXXAGE: SixteenXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                XXXXNAME: Morgan WeissXLOYALTY: Anti-Govt

SOLITARY ° RESILIENT ° DISTRUSTFUL ° DEFENSIVE ° FLIGHTY

You were born into this world into a family with nothing. They didn't sell you, but soon ran out of
                                    food and money, and were reduced to wandering the streets, homeless but together. One by
                                    one your family members were taken away from you. Your father was taken to the nuclear
                                    factories to labor off the fine for stealing nutrient tubes from his job. Your mother died, trying to
                                    protect you and your brother from other desperate folk. People collected kids to sell to the
                                    government. Finally, your brother sacrificed himself so that you could survive. Once able to love,
                                    you're not sure you even have the ability to any more. Angry that they left you alone, with such
                                    a sore stomach, you steal and scamper and hide in the shadows. You made yourself look like
                                    a boy, and did whatever you had to do to survive. You hit an old lady for the money in her purse,
                                    and cried, and said you were sorry, but you did it. One evening you saw someone incredible.
                                    You were sleeping in a hallow on the side of a building, up high and safe, when a famous singer
                                    walked by. You knew her from the billboards. H U R R I C A N E gave waved, and smiled
                                    at you, asking you to come down. You didn't. She smiled sadly, but left a wrapped parcel on the
                                    step below you. After, you climbed down and opened it. Tears in your eyes, you looked at a
                                    month's worth of tube food.

ID#3912X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘XTriple Extra Large

User Image
                                  E P I D E M I CX╸ ╸ ╸T E S T T U B E B I O L O G I S T
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty-FourXXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Mendel HopkinsXLOYALTY: ????

OPTIMISTIC ° FRIENDLY ° BOOKISH ° UNFULFILLED ° CURIOUS

When you think about the fact that you were grown in a test tube to grow other people in test
                                            tubes, your head hurts a bit. But that is your life, day in and day out you grow people to serve
                                            particular functions. It's not particularly glorious or exciting, but it is at least intellectually
                                            engaging. You realize you got the good deal, working where you do, as many test tube babies
                                            go on to spend their whole lives doing manual labour. You're very curious by nature, and have
                                            accidentally discovered a bunch of files about the organic matter outside of Chronis. You
                                            hesitated, before making copies, unable to contain yourself. Wildly engaged with the material,
                                            you theorised and hypothesized every day as you worked. Eventually you made an appointment
                                            with your boss, and presented some of your ideas to him, saying that he got some information
                                            from the old libraries and geographic channels. They took you in for questioning, which you
                                            thought was a good thing at the time, but they let you go with a simple warning to never speak of
                                            such things again. You went back to work, and suddenly your lab and the tubes seemed so
                                            small and unimportant.

ID#5716X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xmalurus coronatus

User Image
                                  H U R R I C A N EX╸ ╸ ╸FAMOUS POP STAR
                                        XXXXAGE: SeventeenXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Fleur Zoelle RostlinXLOYALTY: ?????

VIBRANT ° NAIVE ° ENERGETIC ° TALENTED ° EXPLOITED

You belong with the rich and famous of Chronis, much loved by the people and very envied by
                                            your peers. Fame came for you quickly, with your good looks and naturally harmonious singing
                                            voice, from a young age you were marketed to the masses. You were born an Animorph, your
                                            parents designed your animal parts before conception. This adds to your physical appeal, as
                                            it is a relatively new technology that only the wealthy have access to. Childhood was show
                                            after show, costume after costume, interview after interview. You made few friends, but your
                                            bright personality got through to those who listened to your music and watched you perform.
                                            Never one to complain, you haven't really questioned where most of the money you make goes;
                                            after all, you haven't ever gone without. The world is a mystery to you, and its dangers are alien.
                                            Protected from all the evil in the world, you are presented to the masses as a product. As such,
                                            at all times you must appear beautiful without being too exposed (you will be deemed
                                            promiscuous) or too well dress (you will be labelled a prude). You must be cute, smart and kind,
                                            while proclaiming your hope to one day be a mother. How much of your life is real, and how
                                            much is a lie you've been taught to believe?

You met L I G H T N I N G on the street. You remember her because she looked
                                            like a boy, but for some reason you just knew she was a girl, and she looked like an animal at
                                            the zoo. If she had come down from hiding that day, you might have asked if you could bring her
                                            home.

ID#1922X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xx e l l i x

User Image
                                  E A R T H Q U A K EX╸ ╸ ╸DISGRACED INDEPENDENT JOURNALIST
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty-SevenXXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Oliver MartinXLOYALTY: Anti-Govt

TROUBLED ° REMARKABLE ° ERUDITE ° DISCREDITED ° DRIVEN

Coming from money hasn't spoiled you. You're the one who wont shut up at parties about your
                                            latest project and how it uncovers the government's corruption and incompetence. People are
                                            pretty tired of hearing it, and you're tired of telling them, if truth be told. What other option is
                                            there, though? You know that one day you'll get the evidence you need to prove the government's
                                            corruption is real. You have a strong sense of intuition and it hasn't failed you before, but you
                                            can't seem to get a break with the corruption stories. You have a dark past, but want to move
                                            past the struggles you've faced for the greater good of humanity. You truly believe there is a
                                            better, more authentic way to live, and that people have a right to know the truth. Despite the fact
                                            that you have largely been discredited, your drive for knowledge, the truth and a better future fuel
                                            your investigations.

Went to high school with H A I L S T O R M You felt bad that he didn't come from
                                            money and would likely have to go into a crappy factory job while you were free to do as you
                                            pleased. One day a few years ago, you went to a huge party in the inner city, and were heavily
                                            under the influence of drugs. There, you met S O L A RXF L A R E
                                            . You two spent the night together,
                                            and she seemed like your kind of trouble. Some time later, you got into some trouble you had
                                            no idea how to get out of. A high ranking officer saw you doing something very, very illegal. While
                                            you escaped, it was only a matter of time until they identified you. You called S O L A RXF L A R E
                                            and to your relief, she agreed to help. You didn't ask her to kill him, but you were relieved to
                                            know the whole incident had been erased.

ID#4771X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xparchments

User Image
                                  W I L D F I R EX╸ ╸ ╸SCORNED ROOKIE ENFORCER
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty-FourXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: OliviaXLOYALTY: ????

AMBITIOUS ° PRACTICAL ° BRUSQUE ° ISOLATED ° STRESSED

A future in the service industry was simply unacceptable in your mind. Luckily your parents had
                                            the money to send you to military school, and you were able to convince them it was the only
                                            way you would be happy. It was B L I Z Z A R D ' S father that showed you the military academy
                                            and got you a placement. Powering through classes, you had to top all the subjects and stay at
                                            the top of your game in order to avoid being kicked out, harassed or abused during your
                                            schooling. There were scant other women at the school, but you refused to let society's bias
                                            shape your fate. Unfortunately, your will power could only take you so far. Isolated from her
                                            peers, she graduated with full honors, only to be put on a squad as a rookie, stuck in a dead end
                                            position as a grunt when you clearly have the skills to become a leader. This eats at you, but
                                            you mustn't let it consume you. Determined to make it despite all your setbacks, you try to get
                                            by where you can. This leaves you strained, stressed and quick to anger. After a recent meeting
                                            with Sargent Kaplan, you are left with a bitter taste in your mouth. The way he looked at you
                                            and treated you was despicable. The latest blow to your career feels like the last nail in your
                                            coffin. What kind of a world is it that your fate is decided by your birth?

ID#6711X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘XiAishiteru

User Image
                                  H A I L S T O R MX╸ ╸ ╸DINGY FACTORY MECHANIC
                                        XXXXAGE: Twenty-SevenXXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Beau ChastainXLOYALTY: Family

DILIGENT ° AGILE ° INVENTIVE ° DOWNTRODDEN ° SENSITIVE

While you understand a lot of people have more comfortable lives, and the conditions you live in
                                            are incredibly poor, it just happens to be the cards you've been dealt. Doing the best you can,
                                            you try to make friends and imagine alternative scenarios as you work to make the day go by.
                                            A wonder with machines, you are up and down the rigs on giant manufacturing drills, processors
                                            and the like. These are enormous machines that span tens of stories. You're strapped in, but
                                            often the gear is outdated, and it frequently your coworkers fall to their death. To survive, you
                                            have honed your agility, having quick reaction times and moving light on your feet. It used to
                                            scare you, but the sometimes you think of what it'd be like to just let go and drop to the floor like
                                            so many others. It gets to you, the monotony of it all. Working 16 hour days has a way of
                                            squeezing a man dry. You're young, but feel like you haven't had a chance to live. You can't help
                                            but wonder what else is out there, and if there is another way to live.

ID#2313X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xlegit cyn

User Image
                                  M O N S O O NX╸ ╸ ╸DEBASED COMMERCIAL WAITRESS
                                        XXXXAGE: 16-20XXX GENDER: female XXX

BRAINWASHED ° SILENT ° BRAVE ° ASHAMED ° DISCONTENT

An unfortunate fate has befallen you. You were given away as a child, bought for a very slim
                                            price. Now property of the state, they can do with you as they please. The main areas of
                                            employment for women born into the world this way are retail, customer service, fast food, or
                                            adult industries. Luckily you did not fall into the last category, as they discovered you had a very
                                            presentable face, and decided to put you into a particular fast food chain called Homer's. There,
                                            you have worked ever since you looked old enough to be 14. You're forced to wear revealing
                                            outfits, and clean up any and all messes that your patron's make with a smile. You cannot talk
                                            back to them. You cannot complain. You have been subjected to cruelties your entire life. You
                                            have the same haircut, the same makeup, the same hallow smile as the rest of the workers at
                                            Homer's. You work for 16hrs a day, sometimes more, and sleep in pods where you cannot move
                                            the entire night. If you disobey, you are killed or sold off to a more degrading line of work.
                                            Humans have a miraculous way of adapting to horrible situations. Not because they want to, but
                                            because they have to in order to survive. Your existence is truly unfortunate.

ID#9811X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘XPax Abiit

User Image
                                  D R O U G H TX╸ ╸ ╸HIGH CLASS BUTLER
                                        XXXXAGE: 23-35XXX GENDER: male XXX

CRISP ° DISCIPLINED ° PROTECTIVE ° LOYAL ° DEADLY

Your work is your life. You realize that you were one of the lucky hand-picked few that was saved
                                            from a live of back breaking factory labor. Making sure those in your household are happy,
                                            catered to and looking great is the purpose of your existence, and you take pride in your
                                            excellent work. You work for A V A L A N C H E 's parents. Being Head Butler
                                            means that you get to order the others around and you are responsible for anything that goes
                                            wrong. You are the most powerful of the servants. Your masters are a family of which father is
                                            a high ranking official in the military, and the wife is model for high class advertisements. The
                                            children are destined for greatness, and you feel excited at the opportunity of giving them having
                                            the nurturing and opportunities that you never had. The old life you once had is behind you, and
                                            you are truly happy and fulfilled in your job. There are many that would like to harm the rich and
                                            famous, so you've been told, so a large part of your job is rigorous combat training. It has come
                                            in handy a few times, as there has been more than one kidnapping attempt thwarted by you.
                                            You protect those kids like they are your own.

ID#8745X↗↗XTAKENX↘↘Xusername

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

A P P L I C A T I O N

Please PM me the application, and try to fill it out in an ancient thread or word document to keep it all anonymous. You can just answer the questions without the coding if you want. ^^

I will mark when positions have been applied for at least once.

When we have a few applicants, I will make a closing date for apps and review and compare.

Thanks! Feel free to ask questions in the OOC or by PMing me.

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                          [img]image here, if you have one picked yet[/img]
                          [list][list][list][list][size=20] [color=#AEE239]╰[/color][color=#00A8C6] ┅ [/color][color=#8FBE00]✖[/color] [b][color=#40C0CB]ROLE TITLE[/color][/b][color=white]X[/color][color=#AEE239]╸ ╸ ╸[/color][color=#00A8C6][b]JOB[/b][/color][color=#008080] JOB[/color] [color=#00A8C6][b]JOB [/color][/b][color=#21421E]✔[/color][/size]
                          [list][list][list][size=14][color=#21421E][color=white]XXXX[/color][b]AGE[/b]: [color=#008080] age here[/color][color=white]XXX[/color] [b]GENDER[/b]: [color=#008080]gender here[/color] [color=white]XXX[/color]
                          [color=white]XXXX[/color][b]NAME[/b]: [color=#008080]name[/color][color=white]X[/color][b]LOYALTY[/b]: [color=#008080]loyalty[/color][/size][/color]
                          [size=10][color=#00A8C6][color=white]XXXX[/color]⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙[/color][/size]
                          [size=16][color=white]XXXX[/color][color=#8FBE00]⇉[color=white]X[/color][color=#40C0CB]SHE EXPECTED THE WORLD[/color][color=white]X[/color]⇇[/color][/size][/list][/list][list][list][size=9][color=#21421E]but it[color=teal] f l e w[/color] [color=#AEE239]away from [color=#00A8C6]her reach[/color] - so she [color=#AEE239]ran[/color] away[/color] in her sleep[/color][/size][/list][/list]
                          [size=20][color=#21421E][color=#00A8C6]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=#40C0CB]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=teal]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=#AEE239]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=#8FBE00]TRAIT[/color][/color][/size]
                          [size=10][list][list][list][list][color=#21421E]

( for the above trait section, please pick five [b]new[/b] traits )

[color=#00A8C6][b]I N T R O D U C T I O N[/b][/color]

Greetings, friendbeast. Please say hello here, say what drew you to the roleplay and your availability, rp history that might interest us etc.

[color=#40C0CB][b]T H E[color=white]XX[/color] R O L E[/b][/color]

Interpretations of the character you're applying for go here. What is your vision of them? How do they act around people? How would they react to the situation they are in, eg. PARADISE or govt. corruption plots? Brief history perhaps; basically just include all the juicy details. Do you see your character growing throughout the rp? if so, how? All the good stuff!

[color=teal][b]T H E[color=white]XX[/color] W R I T I N G[/b][/color]

A prompt! The aim of this is to see how you will be writing your character in the roleplay. So the subject matter of this prompt doesn't matter too much, though incorporating the world to the best of your understanding will be convincing. Capturing the theme of the setting and the feel of your character is what we're looking for. I would be interested to see prompts that incorporate their workplace, but if you have a strong desire to write something else that is alright. Please ask questions freely, in no way will you be penalized for that!! Some other prompt ideas include; trauma, joyous family memory, bonding experience, low point, rivalry and/or other creative mediums, like a letter from the voice of your character.

[color=#AEE239][b]T H E[color=white]XX[/color] P L O T[/b][/color]

What role do you think your character plays in the larger plot of the roleplay?
                          For example, in Paradise, will your character struggle or take a leadership role? Will they be angry at those that sent them there and the lies, or will they experience some other emotion? For those within Chronis, are they afraid to stand up for what they believe? Do you think their minds will be changed? How far are they willing to go for the truth, or to protect the government's lies? This bit is very important! So make sure you have time to think it over.

[color=#8FBE00][b]L A S T[color=white]XX[/color] T H I N G ![/b][/color]

Comment on relationships that exist, and speculate on possible ones. This can be done in paragraph form, or in a list. Have fun with it!

[list][list][list][list][list][size=8][color=teal]DREAMED OF [color=#00A8C6]PARA-[/color] [color=#40C0CB]PARA-[/color] [color=#AEE239][b]PARADISE![/b][/color] [u]EVERY TIME[/u] SHE CLOSED HER EYES![/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                          [size=16][color=#21421E][b]ID#0000[/b][/color][/size][size=22][color=white]X[/color][color=teal]↗↗[/color][color=white]X[/color][color=#00A8C6][b]APPLI[/b][/color][color=#40C0CB][b]CATION[/b][/color][color=white]X[/color][color=teal]↘↘[/color][color=white]X[/color][color=#AEE239][size=16]user[/color][/size][color=#8FBE00][size=16]name [/color][/size][/size][/size][/color][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

P R O F I L E S

Work on these only after being accepted~

(doesn't have to be super long)

[list][list][list][img]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd464/MissMeguMegu/prof_zpsb70374d4.jpg[/img]
                          [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]

[size=11][color=#21421E][color=#00A8C6]NAME:[/color] name
                          [color=#40C0CB]AGE:[/color] age
                          [color=teal]OCCUPATION[/color] occupation in chronis
                          [color=#AEE239]LIKES[/color] yay
                          [color=#8FBE00]DISLIKES[/color] ew [/color][/size]

[/list][/list][/list][/list][size=20][color=#21421E][color=#00A8C6]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=#40C0CB]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=teal]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=#AEE239]TRAIT[/color] ° [color=#8FBE00]TRAIT[/color][/color][/size]
                          [size=10][list][list][list][list][color=#21421E]

( for the above trait section, please pick from the traits you made and the original traits, and pick
                          the most fitting five - can add new ones if you want too )

*For the rest of the profile, you can pretty much pick any creative form you'd like for each
                          section, as long as it encapsulates the information/intention of the particular segment. For
                          example, if I've said please write about x and y in a diary entry, you can change it to a prompt
                          that includes x and y, or a letter, or a different mode.

In this bit, write a brief overview of their personality as if you were describing it to a fellow
                          roleplayer.

[color=#00A8C6][b]A T[color=white]XX[/color]A[color=white]XX[/color]G L A N C E[/b][/color]

[list][list][list] This section is an overview; it would be great if you could do this in the form of a
                          report from a government official. Just a general report, one that covers their physical health,
                          psychological well-being (emphasis on likelihood to rebel), work assessment, school grades if
                          they went to school, where they live, their status etc. Anything else you can think of. * make
                          sure to include a physical description of them as if you were just seeing them for the first time,
                          eg. a tool for others to use when they come into contact with your char - be specific, and add
                          things like height, eye colour etc. [/list][/list][/list]
                          [color=#40C0CB][b]D E A R[color=white]XX[/color] D I A R Y[/b][/color]

[list][list][list]The inner thoughts and feelings of your character should come out here. The subject
                          can be anything, really- perhaps a rant about a family member or friend, or maybe a reflection
                          upon their life (home, work or a trauma/happy even of some kind). Whatever inspires you, and
                          gives us insight into their hearts and minds.[/list][/list][/list]

[color=teal][b]P E N[color=white]XX[/color]T O[color=white]XX[/color]P A P E R[/b][/color]

[list][list][list]Here have some letters to friends, family, co-workers, government officials or other.
                          This section is to highlight the people in your character's life. These letters can be ones they
                          have actually sent, or ones they are writing but never end up sending. You can do a bunch of
                          shorter letters or a long one, whatever you feel like. [/list][/list][/list]

[color=#AEE239][b]T H E[color=white]XX[/color] O F F I C E[/b][/color]

[list][list][list]Here go over an average day at work for your character, including practical details of
                          their movements especially. What are the good things, and what about the bad? Do they have
                          any close work relationships you didn't go over in the above section? This would be done well in
                          prompt form, but any other form is okay to. Even just typing it out as a description.[/list][/list][/list]

[color=#8FBE00][b]H O M E[color=white]XX[/color]S W E E T[color=white]XX[/color]H O M E[/b][/color]

[list][list][list]Where does your character consider home? What is their home like? Who is
                          waiting for them at home? Does anyone rely on them? Do they dream of a better, different future?
                          [/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][size=8][color=teal]DREAMED OF [color=#00A8C6]PARA-[/color] [color=#40C0CB]PARA-[/color] [color=#AEE239][b]PARADISE![/b][/color] [u]EVERY TIME[/u] SHE CLOSED HER EYES![/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                          [size=16][color=#21421E][b]ID#0000[/b][/color][/size][size=22][color=white]X[/color][color=teal]↗↗[/color][color=white]X[/color][color=#00A8C6][b]PROF[/b][/color][color=#40C0CB][b]ILE[/b][/color][color=white]X[/color][color=teal]↘↘[/color][color=white]X[/color][color=#AEE239][size=16]user[/color][/size][color=#8FBE00][size=16]name [/color][/size][/size][/size][/color][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][size=5]
                          [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

User Image
                                  S P A R KX╸ ╸ ╸COMMERCIAL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
                                        XXXXAGE: N/AXXX GENDER: Female XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: LilyXLOYALTY: Programming

OBEDIENT ° SWEET ° FEMININE ° POISED ° POPULAR

Lily is an android- artificial intelligence inside the robotic body of a young woman. She is
                                            programmed and controlled by the government as a publicity stunt, and is an attempt to
                                            appeal to a wide audience. Her voice, appearance and movements are programmed to be
                                            the most pleasing and non-threatening possible, and she is vastly popular. There are
                                            plush toys of her, as well as cartoons, songs and various merchandise all bearing her image.
                                            Everyone knows her, even those in the poor areas, as she is often projected through holograms
                                            installed all over Chronis, or shown on large tv screens throughout the city, whenever the
                                            government has a message they want to get through to the public.

ID#9113X↗↗XNPCX↘↘Xnpc

User Image
                                  E X P L O S I O NX╸ ╸ ╸SARGENT AND COMMANDER
                                        XXXXAGE: Sixty-OneXXX GENDER: Male XXX
                                        XXXXNAME: Lewis KaplanXLOYALTY: Government

RIGID ° TOUGH ° TACTICAL ° PHILOSOPHICAL ° POISONOUS

This man has infinite government connections, and a sizable wealth of his own. He values family
                                            and tradition, and feels like he is making the hard choices for the best of humanity. He no longer
                                            sees poor people as truly human, and is disgusted with many of the homeless, avoiding them
                                            whenever possible. He is a soldier at heart, and expects only the best in skill and discipline
                                            around him. A hard man, he isn't insane, but believes his actions are correct, and this is
                                            somehow worse than if he were actually insane. He is vigilent, and squashes out rebellion
                                            wherever it sprouts with brutal force and no second thoughts.

ID#1121X↗↗XNPCX↘↘Xnpc

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

CHRONIS

Chronis is located on an island just off what used to be the Australian mainland. There is a dome around the city designed to protect those within from the extreme weather events that wreak havoc over earth. No one born within Chronis has seen the sky.

Environment:

The air feels stale, but those born within the walls wouldn’t really be able to tell unless they worked in the factory districts where the air is even more noticeably hard to swallow. Since they are in an artificial environment, the dome’s roof is programmed to reflect the natural light outside, but looks artificial. There is no wind. The dome allows for natural light to come through in the day time, but it reduces the amount at certain points in the day, reducing the risk of skin cancer and sun burn by a huge amount. It lets through enough to keep those within healthy, but no more.
                              Living conditions range from tiny apartments without windows to lavish studios with breathtaking views. Houses don’t exist; everything is built high to make more space. There is no natural vegetation in the city, only labs attempt to grow certain things in isolation. Many of earth’s once friendly plants are now poisonous, and they work towards making it edible.

Food:

Tube food: The staple food of the cripplingly poor. Disgusting, gooey, and chewy this tube is made of... you don’t want to know. But it keeps people alive, and it’s all many can afford.
                              Nutri-pop: Flavoured like malt, it is a nutritional smoothie drink. More expensive than tube food, but better for you, it is recommended that children drink this for as long as possible before switching to tube food.
                              Packet food: This is the food eaten by the middle class. Food that often needs to be hydrated, it is less disgusting that tube food and more nutritional. It is a big step up. Often designed as soups, noodles, curry, or loaf type meals, it would remind those from the 2000’s of dog food.
                              Delici-Bis: A treat for the lower class. It is a dry biscuit that tastes of oats and dates, very sweet to those who only eat tube food. Overpriced, it makes you thirsty, a cruel side effect.
                              Real food: Rare, expensive, and grown in labs with great care.
                              Water: Rationed to all except the very rich, who often own their own water purification machines built into their homes. People can pay more to have their water rations increased. Test tube babies get very small rations. Factory workers and the like get the minimum ration required before severe health side effects.

Technology:

Technology is highly developed. Holographic interface systems are commonplace, with eye scanning technology present in all government security cameras. Voice activation is perfected. All homes fitted with a computer system. Robotic AIs are common for the rich as personal assistants, housekeepers or bodyguards. These are not yet safe for military use.

Travel:

Cars, motorbikes, underground trains are all functional. Trains are cheap and packed, cars and motor bikes require expensive upkeep to run, but do exist.

Fashion:

Bright colours are fashionable, with a stress on propriety. Military personnel are rarely seen without their uniform, and workers are required to wear their uniforms at all times except if specified otherwise by an official. This keeps everyone in their place. The rich wear lavish, over the top colours and garbs with dramatic make-up and accessories.

PARADISE

*At the moment, only basic information is known about Paradise. This information will be expanded upon with more research, and those heading to Paradise have no idea of this information.

Food:
                              Herbivore: Much of Earth's plant matter is poisonous, spiked, or otherwise toxic to the human system. There are a few species of plants that those living in Paradise have discovered as safe- a leafy plant coined "Docko" after the man that discovered it and brought it to the survivors. This is a stable part of the diet of those living in Paradise. Another edible plant is the Sitra Flower, though eating too much causes a stinging sensation in the mouth and stomach. Finally, "Tubes" are the stem of another plant that can be drunk for moisture and sustenance, though these are harder to find than the other two.
                              Carnivore: Earth's untouched surface has bred a flurry of life, and there are many creatures living on its surface. Unfortunately for the survivors, most of them eat humans. Some are easier to kill- those at the bottom of the food chain- but hunting is still a dangerous task. Some birds are easy prey if there is access to a bow and arrows and a good shot. Insects are mostly toxic to humans, and though there are probably ones that are safe to eat, they have not been discovered yet.

Living conditions:

Differs over the three separate groups. Those living outside of a group have to move around a lot without the protection of physical structures. Obviously there is no electricity, no running water, no luxurious tools or objects, no beds (mostly hammocks, or the ground) and basically all the conditions you would expect from being marooned on a piece of overgrown land. Every day is a fight for survival.

Environment

Air: The air isn't suitable for humans to breathe, but before the subjects are dumped in Paradise, they are administered a drug that changes the way they process the air they breath, so that they can survive outside. Compared to the air inside, there is less oxygen in the atmosphere, and thus those breathing it tire more easily than they would have previously. Managing fatigue is a very serious matter on Paradise.
                              Ecosystems: Most living things in Paradise want to kill humans, one way or another. Either through poisoning, or by physically killing, the organisms are dangerous. However, they have lived for a long time without humans to kill or fight, and at the end of the day the animals on Paradise are still animals. The survivors have to outsmart the predators, and scientifically test what plants are safe to eat. The water must be purified; luckily, they were given instruments with which to do so. Some rivers are too toxic though, and they must travel a long way to get water.
                              Weather: The weather is an enormous trial for those trying to exist on Paradise. Every week there is at least one extreme weather event, such as a cyclone or brutal hailstorm, and the day-to-day weather isn't that much better. It can pour for days, then the sun can scold for weeks, or the cold or wind can bite relentlessly. Every day, there are new trials for those on the mainland to face. With only a few surviving from the first two winning trips, there is still much to learn.

Technology:

A few pieces of Chronis technology and tools, sparse, and often lost/destroyed in the struggle. Otherwise, crude tools and systems exist where they can.

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

T E R M S

CHRONIS

This is the name of the last metropolis on a dying Earth. It is run by a single government, whose leaders are voted in from within. The people know very little about how it works. The current government is essentially the military, and they took control as the dying Earth sent civil society into a chaotic struggle for life. They act as guardians of the people, and they have absolute and unrestricted power. They have total control of the media, and brainwash their citizens into a life of mediocrity.

ENFORCER

This is the military force of the government of Chronis. They do everything ranging from enforcing the law on the streets to making up elite task forces to squash any rebellions that begin to build up. There are specialized agents called "guns for hire" which train with the military but do not belong to any particular squad, joining as a specialist for particularly dirty or difficult tasks. There is quite a criminal underbelly in Chronis, so an enforcer's life is always at risk on the job.

PARADISE

A fictional location of beauty and relaxation. For years they have been promoting Paradise- an island of unimaginable beauty, happiness and relaxation. They advertised it as a place only the obscenely rich could ever go, but a few years later introduced the “PARADISE LOTTERY”. This lottery had 300 lucky, everyday citizens of all status in the running to go to Paradise. Paradise does not exist. Instead, these people are flown out to various locations of wild, hostile Earth and given minimal tools with which to survive and create a new civilization.

THE SICKNESS

In Chronis there is a sickness that the top scientists are working hard to understand, or so the public believes. For years, they have known that it is caused by their air filtration system. A chemical reaction in the purification process causes tuberculosis type symptoms. The sickness can affect anyone, but has historically only affected the older population that have been breathing the air for a long time. These days, even children are getting it. It's common, and the government has to do a lot to distract from the growing epidemic.

BIRTH

There are a lot of ways people in Chronis could have come into existence. If it was a natural birth, if the parents were well-off they could have genetically influenced your physical traits. This is very normal. Natural, non-influenced babies are rare among the wealthy. Most births are performed by c-section in Chronis, as the general belief is that birth is a pretty disgusting and unclean process. Test tube babies are created for specific jobs, though sometimes inputting "intelligence" or another desirable trait just doesn't seem to work out, so sometimes test tube babies go on to jobs they were not made for. Adoption is fairly common, and considered a gracious act of charity.

TEST TUBE BABIES (AKA "STEMS" wink

Test tube babies are grown in laboratories and live vastly different lives to those born by more conventional means. The laboratories are found in district 2, close to the centre of Chronis and protected vigilantly. Once born, the babies are transported to facilities in the outer districts, many located in the factory district. There, they are reared by workers coined S. Mothers (Surrogate Mothers); these women were often test tube babies themselves though sometimes they were women that were sold to the government as children. Here, their basic needs were met, and they were taught the rules, regulations and ideologies of the government from a young age.

Their diets evolved from an artificial milk substance designed for their early development, then moved on to a nutri-pop drink through childhood. After puberty they moved onto tubular food that required a fair amount of chewing to consume. After leaving the institution, the well-off test tube babies, such as scientists, had a little more freedom as to what they could eat. They had access to the nutri-pops as well as tubular food, and occasionally, if they saved up, they could buy a dry biscuit called Delici-Bic. Their water is rationed; they are delivered little aluminium packets for each day.

The test tube babies were tested every week for academic progress, physical proficiency and ideological standpoints. Those that showed intellectual promise were grouped together, and schooled to their strengths, sculpted for particular roles that needed to be filled. Those without the required level of intellect, but physical proficiency, were trained for particular physical roles. For example, the fastest runners were put in a program that trained them to race. Racing test tube babies was a popular game, and the gambling industry flourished for it. Other strong children would go into labourer roles, or work in the factories that needed positions filled. The test tube babies that went to work in low positions were assimilated into the workforce, and treated according to their position. Those that went on to work in nicer positions were allocated separate housing and regulated closely, working in teams without any conventionally born members. Their eating, spare time, entertainment and location are all monitored closely and regulated tightly. They must apply for special permissions to travel to places like public libraries, and are legally bound to wear a uniform that identifies them as a test tube baby at all times.

These children are not seen as whole. The general feelings towards those grown in a test tube are that they are to be pitied, but that they are not like conventionally born people. They are less; they are lacking. Servants, needed but not wanted- invisible workers in the hive of Chronis.

TIMELINE

3410 – Chronis is the last settlement of mankind. They survived because they were prepared, vigilant and their military control was absolute. For decades, humanity has been on the decline.

3415 – Population becomes a real problem, projections of starvation, disease and overcrowding in the next ten years; begins Paradise advertising, building it up as the ideal place to live. Implements Test Tube Babies and puts dual gender birth control in all food products purchased or used by the poor, namely those in factories, fast food or service industries. Test Tube babies are designed to replace the poor workforce as suitably disposable (no family or rights), sterile, compliant workers.

3420 – First year of Paradise. Send out 500 people. Almost half are dead in the first month of leaving Chronis. After six months, 41 subjects remained alive in three different camps. Many died because there were too many people and not enough resources. The droids followed and documented their progress, noting the desirable traits in the survivors, their psychological states and any other interesting information. Droids drop off tools or medicine occasionally, if the scientists monitoring those in Paradise feel that they will learn more from keeping a camp or person alive.

3425 – Second dose of Paradise. 300 winners this year divided into three and dropped nearby the three different camps based on psychological analysis. This year showed significantly higher rates of human on human violence. It is believed that the survivors from the first drop realised that they lost so many because they had too many mouths to feed. Vicious punishment for laziness, crime or causing trouble was evident in all factions. Of original 500, only 5 remain. Over the next 5 years, there are scatterings of deaths and little progress in building civilisation. Predators and weather events are the biggest trials. 305 in Paradise at the start of the year.

3430 – Present. 230 people left on paradise from the last batch, 3 remain from the original shipment. Lauren; 100 - Michael; 43 - Kieran; 67 - Other; 20. Third wave of Paradise imminent- planned number of winners: 300. Conditions are deteriorating in Chronis, unbeknownst to the citizens within. The factories are working hard to keep the air clean, the food made and the water purified, but the machinery is corrupt. The Sickness is spreading, and the government are grasping at strings, trying to delay their inevitable demise. Paradise has become much more than a population culling tool. They are seriously making preparations to make their escape onto the mainland when Chronis collapses. Very few are privy to this information, and the loss of life will surely be astronomical. Government trying to keep it all together.

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

U P D A T E S

27/12/14
                              Posted the roleplay!

14/1/14
                              Applications closed.

16/1/14
                              Front page updated, need a few pictures, and profiles.

21/1/14
                              PROFILES DUE.

User Image

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Instant Krill's Princess

Shoujo Lionheart

Ghostly Leaf

/runs around

Devout Genius

/CHARGES INTO THE THREAD

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
That response time guys- the speed of liiiight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff