Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Seeker

10,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Hello to you, random person reading this post. I'm mourning_gallifrey, but you can call me Mini or Galli. Don't pay attention to my online/offline status. It often lies. There are a few things you probably want to know about me before we get started so here we go.

1) I pretty much always play at least two main characters. It's a habit I got into and have never really bothered falling out of. I will, of course, bring in side characters now and again as needed. You will need to double as well. The gender of your characters doesn't really matter.

2) The more enthusiastic I feel about something, the more I will write about it. This means I may send three paragraphs or I might send the equivalent of a page or more in Microsoft Word. My intros tend to be at least a page, if not more, long.

3) I do not have character profiles, but I am willing to write up something basic (name, age, physical description, powers, whatever else is applicable, etc). I do not have pictures of my characters. Sorry. Please do not ask for them. I do not highlight my character's speech in any way and would really prefer it if you didn't either. I have samples of my writing I can send you, but they are all pretty much just intros for other role plays so there aren't any examples of actual character interaction (save mine)

4) Stick to Gaia's ToS when it comes to romance, violence, etc. Or be willing to rewrite something I find squicky. I will do you the same courteousy.

5) I would prefer for this to be over an e-mail, PM, private thread, or AIM, in order of most preferred. I might be willing to try some other medium. I am generally online at least once a day, and if you don't get a reply from me within two days, please send a message to remind me you posted. If I'm going to be away longer than that, I'll probably tell you. Probably. I would appreciate the same courtesy from you, but it is not required.

6) In all fandom based role plays I will play an original character and a canon character of your choice. In return, I would like for you to please play a canon character of my choice and whatever other character your want, be it original or canon.

7) Sometimes our writing styles or personalities just won't click. Sometimes, a plot seems awesome, but when we actually write it, it turns out to be a horrible chore. Because of this, the first ten or so posts/a week's worth of replies between us each can be considered a sort of trial run. If, after those ten/week, one of us doesn't like something about the style, plot, characters, etc. we can either part mostly amicably, try something else, or whatever. Hopefully, this will keep you and me from disappearing off the face of the planet because we didn't like something.

If you do not feel like replying or continuing, please tell me. I promise I won't yell at you for it. It happens.

8 ) Please PM me if you want to try things out. Don't bother posting here to contact me. I likely won't notice it.

9) Before reading this, please know that if you don't want me to do ridiculous things, you'll have to tell me. And despite my love of ridiculous things, I do try to make things make sense/follow rules. - I know a lot of people hate it, but I kind of like overpowered and/or ridiculous characters/plots. I like when everyone suddenly becomes a magical creature Animagus or shifter. I like telepaths, empaths, elementals, time travel, and all manner of stuff.
Standard rules still apply, of course Neither of us get to control the other's characters without permission. (IE: asking if it's okay for my character to get knocked over in a fight scene or pulled into cover or something is okay so long as you ask) If you don't like something I did in a post or I don't like something you did in a post, we can negotiate and rewrite.
I'm also mostly okay with weird canon divergent OCs. One of my favorite rps is from my beginning years where where someone played Snape's daughter and I ended up playing Draco Malfoy's adopted sister. Yes, it was ridiculous, but it was fun. So don't be afraid to live out those "Mary-Sue" dreams

If any of these rules don't make sense, feel free to message me and ask questions.

Hallowed Seeker

10,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Genres I Am Interested In
gaia_diamond = I have a potential/basic plot in mind
gaia_star = Things I am in the mood for
gaia_spoons = Not really in the mood unless you have a killer plot in mind already
No, really, do not pick this without a suuuuper awesome or well thought out idea already in mind

These are in no particular order. If anything involves movie adaptations of comics, some things from the comics can be used, but my knowledge of any comic canon and etc. is rather slim. Just so you know

✹ Any fantasy or sci-fi based setting (I.E. medieval, modern, vampire, mermaid, ghost, magic in space, etc.)(plots for this are varied and may not fit your preferred setting) gaia_diamond (maybe, depending on your choices since 'fantasy/sci-fi based setting' is kinda vague)

✹ Harry Potter, any era (would prefer AUs or Life After Hogwarts) gaia_diamond gaia_spoons

✹ Supernatural (only watched up to season five, but am aware of most major plot points thanks to friends and tumblr. ) gaia_spoons

✹ Doctor Who (would prefer to use the 'verse setting as opposed to any actual characters) gaia_spoons

✹ Marvel 'verse (most of my knowledge is movie 'verse and fanon based so ask about the canon character you would prefer I be, this includes X-Men and Spiderman) (Plots only apply to certain groups/characters) gaia_diamond

✹ Teen Titans (the CN animated series NOT TEEN TITANS GO! or the comics....though comics people can be used, of course) gaia_diamond gaia_star

✹ Young Justice (CN animated series) gaia_diamond gaia_spoons

✹ DC 'verse (ask about preferred canon character, the information I know is sort of random, sort of want to play Lex though so...) gaia_diamond

✹ Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra 'verse (Probably won't use any canon characters for this....or the Korra era at all because the last episode has temporarily traumatized me)

✹Generic super hero universe gaia_diamond gaia_star

✹ Generic mutant/gifted universe (can also just use Marvel world to make some things simpler, plots for X-Men related Marvel will also apply) gaia_diamond gaia_star

Anthropomorphic personification of a season/idea/element/etc. (i.e. elementals and gods/spirits that represent things like death, nature, etc. Not the furry, animal type of anthros) gaia_diamond gaia_spoons

✹Sentinel/Guide fanon based AU 'verse of any setting/genre or any fandom I am in (ask in case I haven't mentioned a fandom you know) gaia_star

✹AU of fandom or random genre involving the daemon concept from His Dark Materials

✹Star Trek 'verse (will only use canon characters in an AU. For example, what if Spock was raised on Earth? or what if Bones and Jim met as kids? stuff like that) gaia_star

✹ Star Wars (Unlikely I'd use canon characters for this, either, but anything in the 'verse would be awesome) gaia_star

✹ Hunger Games (Book/Movie 'verse, plot sort of involves spoilers for last book, and I will be honest and admit I am in no place to actually coherently write out that plot without it getting super long winded and/or confusing) gaia_diamond gaia_spoons

✹ Teen Wolf (MTV series, would prefer AUs or canon divergent stuff) gaia_star

✹ Welcome To Night Vale (trying this might be...interesting)

✹ Once Upon A Time (will consider using only canon characters for this) gaia_star

✹ Sky High based 'verse (does not have to use characters from actual movie) gaia_diamond gaia_star

✹ Charmed (would prefer next gen with the sisters' kids) gaia_star

✹ Ask me about other fandoms, genres, pairings, and etc. because I'm a bit too lazy to put more up here, and you probably wouldn't want to read them, anyway. Suggestions are always welcome.

✹ AUs of a random fandom are also acceptable. For some reason I am in the mood to make everyone Jedi or Sith. Or a super hero. So there's that. Coffee shop AU. Spaceships AU. Firefly fusion. Anything so long as there's still magic AU.

Feel free to ask about anything I didn't add or if you have any questions.

Hallowed Seeker

10,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
I would prefer you PM me as opposed to replying here because I might not check it or may miss it while bumping or something.

Hallowed Seeker

10,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100

Hallowed Seeker

10,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100

Hallowed Seeker

10,150 Points