Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luvian Blue
Well, a lot of art threads say their requirements to be drawn, and usually the requirements include not asking to be drawn, but staying and chatting for a little while. Other ones require a certain score. And a lot of them aren't taking requests for what's drawn, they're just drawing headshots of the avatar, or the upper half of the avatar, or a chibi.

While I'm sure you were polite when asking zerojinkui and Gogandantes_Onimusha2, you should always check the requirements first, they are there for a reason, to try and make sure that the people who get art deserve it and will appreciate it (someone who stays and chat politely obviously wants the artwork more than someone who posts once then leaves the thread and expects to be drawn).

Zerojinkui, you may think your request is simple but stop and think for a minute: the people running the art threads are making art for a lot of people, it's time consuming enough to draw each one's avatar, even with just a head shot or something (especially they way some people draw them, they put a lot of effort into them) but to draw a full body avatar, in a requested pose, with other people around the avatar? Then they're not just drawing one character, they're drawing several, just for one person. Then others might start asking for multiple characters in their picture, with specific poses, which would take a lot of time.

When you have specific art requests like that, it's better to just start your own thread like you did, unless you can find a person patient enough to offer free art with of anything the requester wants, but with the amount of people who go to those art threads wanting to be drawn, very few people will offer that, because then they're usually just digging their own grave gonk

And if you read through that wall of text, have a cookie 3nodding

And on a completely different note, I love your avatar Smiley Gremlin! XD

....well now i feel worse than ever.... seems like everything i do is wrong... crying
zerojinkui
Luvian Blue
Well, a lot of art threads say their requirements to be drawn, and usually the requirements include not asking to be drawn, but staying and chatting for a little while. Other ones require a certain score. And a lot of them aren't taking requests for what's drawn, they're just drawing headshots of the avatar, or the upper half of the avatar, or a chibi.

While I'm sure you were polite when asking zerojinkui and Gogandantes_Onimusha2, you should always check the requirements first, they are there for a reason, to try and make sure that the people who get art deserve it and will appreciate it (someone who stays and chat politely obviously wants the artwork more than someone who posts once then leaves the thread and expects to be drawn).

Zerojinkui, you may think your request is simple but stop and think for a minute: the people running the art threads are making art for a lot of people, it's time consuming enough to draw each one's avatar, even with just a head shot or something (especially they way some people draw them, they put a lot of effort into them) but to draw a full body avatar, in a requested pose, with other people around the avatar? Then they're not just drawing one character, they're drawing several, just for one person. Then others might start asking for multiple characters in their picture, with specific poses, which would take a lot of time.

When you have specific art requests like that, it's better to just start your own thread like you did, unless you can find a person patient enough to offer free art with of anything the requester wants, but with the amount of people who go to those art threads wanting to be drawn, very few people will offer that, because then they're usually just digging their own grave gonk

And if you read through that wall of text, have a cookie 3nodding

And on a completely different note, I love your avatar Smiley Gremlin! XD

....well now i feel worse than ever.... seems like everything i do is wrong... crying

No no no; I'm just saying that you should always read the requirements the artist posts first, and read what they're drawing, because they may not be drawing the sort of thing you're looking for, they might be drawing headshots or chibis. When someone posts a thread offering to draw people, they are the one's who set the requirements. If you post a thread asking to be drawn, then you set the requirements.

I was just telling you what probably happened, why the people wouldn't draw you. They weren't trying to be rude, and they weren't just drawing their friends, they were drawing a lot of people and probably didn't have time for elaborate requests, and they wanted to make sure the people who posted asking for art really did want their art, so they set requirements.

Don't feel bad, no worries! 3nodding
well from what i saw in the topics i was in, there were no requirements... i'll just make a topic whenever i need something, instead of asking in someone else's topics on the matter...

even though 98% of my posts are ignored and my topics die instantly before they're even seen...

by the way, for anyone making avi art for me, [forgot who is doing so] are ya gonna post it in this topic or PM it to me?
i can only assume the project has been dropped, since it was said it'd be done yesterday but i havent even gotten a message about it.. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff