Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't use mac, but I do use firefox. My best guess is you got some lingering files in the C: Drive. It might have something to do with the gaia toolbar being down though.

I would suggest getting a virus scanner, yes. I have one that alerts me when a virus first shows its ugly face so I can delete it fast.

Tipsy Gawker

Keep in mind though, this is a Mac, running on Firefox, no less. The chances of a virus are VERY slim. Still gonna get that scanner though.

Also, Macs don't have a C: drive like PCs do, but I think I could see if I can find something in the HD...
I think there were some odd "recovered files" in the trash that I had been wondering about for some time. =/

Tipsy Gawker

Hmm, I remember seeing a list of scanners, and at least one was for the Mac... But where was it?
Lessee, trusted site... Possibly green...

Oh yeah. :3

Better go see what they recommend.

Tipsy Gawker

I hate virus scanners. >_<

Ugh, I hope it's just a matter of incompatibility with the updated Firefox, so I don't have to take down all my bookmarks and stuff to reinstall Firefox. stare

UGH! Now I gotta get rid of all the info regarding my installation of those toolbars so they'll stop harassing me! gonk
Hate Macs...
I can't stand Macs. ><
I'm a PC user. o:
Kapersky is a really good, professional virus scanner, and it's really good if you especially like using Limewire, because a lot of file on Limewire carry Trojan Horses, and it will alert you when you start to download it. But as far as I can remember, it's not exactly cheap either.
DoktorPhil
Kapersky is a really good, professional virus scanner, and it's really good if you especially like using Limewire, because a lot of file on Limewire carry Trojan Horses, and it will alert you when you start to download it. But as far as I can remember, it's not exactly cheap either.
I use Limewire....a lot....My mcafee security center alerts me of them trojans. I WILL EAT THEM ALIVE! >:3
Get those Trojan, Hammi! You get them! pirate

Tipsy Gawker

Macs don't have issues with that--that's why I like them.
PCs are more versatile though, so that's why I have one of each. :3

Also, I got it fixed. Turns out my mom has the same problems with Firefox on her laptop and she has to reload it every time, too. =/
Ah well, at least I got it fixed. (Still gotta get my bookmarks set back up though--that's gonna take forever.)

I don't use Limewire, I just go straight to The Pirate Bay, and even then I don't use it a whole lot.

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Simple. Use Linux Mint.
L-zlhe
Hey guys, quick question!
Firefox on my Mac has been acting really stupid lately--one day after I rebooted my Mac after turning it off for the first time in two weeks, it stopped sensing the toolbars: it says This add-on will be installed when Firefox is restarted. And it continues to say that after I've restarted like a zillion times so far.
Now, I can uninstall the stuff--which I did--and reinstall it, but it continues to not be seen on the actual page. It's just not there.

Also, when I had turned the ol' Mac back on, the theme was reset to default, only it SAID that it was still the theme I used before. So I uninstalled the theme and reinstalled it, and it worked after that, but the toolbars continue to confuse me. I seriously DID uninstall and reinstall them and they still won't work. =/

Is it time to get a virus scanner for this thing, or what?

Aside: The Gaia Toolbar is supposedly down for maintenance now, and I've only heard about it yesterday, when Firefox started being stupid--is it related, do you think?
OKAY! GODDAMNIT! Do I have to tell everyone who owns a mac how to find a and destroy a virus? IT'S SIMPLE. Well to me, at least...
Anyone who owns a mac and is suspicious about the performance-before I go on... Who wants me to tell you this, free of charge?
My brother, the computer geek, always tells my dad not to bother with getting a Mac, because he says it's not really worth it. As far as viruses go, can't you just tell your anti-virus software to destroy it? Or does that only work for me because I have Kapersky? It's like my minion...
4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh 4laugh
L-zlhe
Hey guys, quick question!
Firefox on my Mac has been acting really stupid lately--one day after I rebooted my Mac after turning it off for the first time in two weeks, it stopped sensing the toolbars: it says This add-on will be installed when Firefox is restarted. And it continues to say that after I've restarted like a zillion times so far.
Now, I can uninstall the stuff--which I did--and reinstall it, but it continues to not be seen on the actual page. It's just not there.

Also, when I had turned the ol' Mac back on, the theme was reset to default, only it SAID that it was still the theme I used before. So I uninstalled the theme and reinstalled it, and it worked after that, but the toolbars continue to confuse me. I seriously DID uninstall and reinstall them and they still won't work. =/

Is it time to get a virus scanner for this thing, or what?

Aside: The Gaia Toolbar is supposedly down for maintenance now, and I've only heard about it yesterday, when Firefox started being stupid--is it related, do you think?
my firefox completely shut down and i had to go on internet explorer and redownload it with the new software for it to work again.
i dont get wats going on. but on a sidenote i just got my first kimono and i have a katana so now i'm a real ninja ! hyah jk lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games