Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
IsoEnaje
The other day in math, I was drawing a picture on the board....The teacher got mad and told me to put down the chalk, I told her i was almost done the picture (then i continued drawing) So she comes up to me, grips my wrist really tight, takes the marker out of my hand and throws it down on the ground really hard and pushes me too my desk......Is a teacher aloud to do that??, she was very aggressive. Has a Teacher done anything to you that seemed aggressive?? stressed

Don't take what most of the others are telling you to heart. You were wrong for disobeying the teacher BUT the teacher did handle the situation wrong. She had no right to physically grip or push you towards your seat. It seems like the action of your teacher made you feel uncomfortable so you should talk to an administrator about the incident. Well I don't know which state you are from or your school rules but most schools would only require a teacher to first give a verbal warning and then when there is noncompliance, a written referral and immediate removal of student from the class room. Followed by in-school-suspension or out-of-school-suspension.
Whenever somebody says "this person just went wacko and I don't know why, all I was doing is <x>", I always question if there's more to the story. If he's anything like the blokes I went to highschool with then there is more to this story

Magical Hobo

The teacher shouldn't have put her hands on you. If you were being disruptive, she should have called down to administration and had them deal with you instead.

To be honest, I would talk to your parents and administration about it. If you have marks on your wrist or bruises from where you landed on the desk, I would recommend taking photos and documenting it. I'd also try to see if I could switch to another teacher.

Business Consumer

3,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
no either way no teacher is alowed to touch you

Super Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
theEmocarebear
Doctor TC
The teacher did not have the right to touch him....

User Image
User ImageUser Image

The teacher has every right to remove a disruptive student, and there aren't any laws that say you can't touch your students to remove them.

If you think I'm wrong, then pull up the legal documents and prove it.

You're going to need to take federal schooling laws, the state of residence laws, the county laws, the school system (public vs. parochial) regulations, and the school's own code of conduct into account.

Until you've done some research, your response is merely your opinion. User Image
Wow, it took you a while to reply and make a "big girl post", wink So defensive.

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Doctor TC
Wow, it took you a while to reply and make a "big girl post", wink So defensive.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

I attend school full-time & have two part-time jobs - you & Gaia are not my main priorities in life.

Coddling him & telling him he's in the right to misbehave isn't going to help him in life.
Teach him to be strong and independent now, and take control of his actions while he's young and able to easily learn. User Image

Dapper Raider

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
theEmocarebear
User Image
User ImageUser Image

While she was in the wrong to be aggressive with you (teachers are still allowed to touch and guide you to your seat), you were being a douchebag and ought realize you are partially to blame for what happened to you.

If it truely bothered you, talk to a counsler, explaining the situation.
Then don't ******** up again in a manner where you need to be disciplined.

Honestly, you disobeyed and then are whining about being reprimanded.
Grow up.User Image

Agreed.
Next time just do as you're told, respect your teachers/elders.
Simple.

Invisible Genius

9,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
You sound like ur a troble maker, & I hate kids who think their crap is funny, but no. A teacher can be punished for such a thing. Sounds to me like she needs to chill the heck out! Your picture was not worth her little tantrum.
I once had a long-term subsitute teacher who through a desk at a girl & held a boy against the wall by his shirt. They probably deserved it, but that's besides the point. Teachers cannot be all crazy.

Cutie-Pie

IsoEnaje
The other day in math, I was drawing a picture on the board....The teacher got mad and told me to put down the chalk, I told her i was almost done the picture (then i continued drawing) So she comes up to me, grips my wrist really tight, takes the marker out of my hand and throws it down on the ground really hard and pushes me too my desk......Is a teacher aloud to do that??, she was very aggressive. Has a Teacher done anything to you that seemed aggressive?? stressed

Totally out of line. Tell your parents and the principal. Yeah, my teacher grabbed me by the arm and pulled me super hard, so I told her if she ever touched me again, my mom would kick her a**. emotion_awesome
Ringo The Crafty Squid
IsoEnaje
Ringo The Crafty Squid
theEmocarebear
User Image
User ImageUser Image

While she was in the wrong to be aggressive with you (teachers are still allowed to touch and guide you to your seat), you were being a douchebag and ought realize you are partially to blame for what happened to you.

If it truely bothered you, talk to a counsler, explaining the situation.
Then don't ******** up again in a manner where you need to be disciplined.

Honestly, you disobeyed and then are whining about being reprimanded.
Grow up.User Image

Agreed.
s**t everyone has their panties in a bunch. She grabbed his wrist. She didn't beat him.

She gripped me hard enough, she left fingernail marks on my skin i wasn't bein rude to her i told her i was almost done drawing a picture...you weren't there......don't start assumin what i did or did not do!!

You were rude though.
If a teacher tells you to stop ******** drawing a picture on HER board in HER classroom, you knock it off. You say yes ma'am and you stop and sit down. Telling her "Wait I'm almost done" is rude.
I don't get how if she grabbed your wrist she would leave marks. Unless you have a huge wrist I imagine it'd wrap around. Also I'm confused as to why you said chalk at first and then said marker. If this were not a fabricated story you would have known if it was chalk or marker.
Troll.

When She Grabbed My Wrist her Nails Were Digging In To me!
The knee-jerk, sue-first mentality would be to tell your parents, have them gripe to the school and school board, filing a complaint, getting your teacher pulled etc. and generally not being very civil leaving all parties on negative terms.

A more "adult" thing to do would be to talk to your teacher after class (ideally without other students around to allow the teacher to save face), politely explaining your viewpoint, and make it clear that you don't think it was right for her to grab your wrist, but don't see a reason to escalate the issue further it if she acknowledges it. With any luck, she'll realize that she was at risk, but will have a heightened respect for you approaching her. If instead she decides to be rude about it, then maybe you should consider talking to the administration.

If you do feel the need to talk to the administration over this, then begin documenting everything.

No matter which route your take, at all times maintain your composure, be clear, yet firm with what you want as a result, and don't raise your voice. Be respectful of their viewpoints and acknowledge that yes, you weren't a saint in the matter either, and all humans make mistakes.

It doesn't sound like anyone is permanently scarred from this for life yet (physically or mentally), and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff