Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What are your feelings towards school?

it's fun/good old school days 0.41810344827586 41.8% [ 97 ]
just one of my duties 0.24568965517241 24.6% [ 57 ]
i'll be glad when it's over/ i am glad that it's over 0.33620689655172 33.6% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 232 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28 29 > >>

lil calamitas
Jasper the Immortal
During the first 2 or 3 weeks of school, we got a substitute for our math class. He was pretty cool (he talked a little too much though). But anyways, he told us this story about when he was a police officer. He went to this crime scene where they had found a 350-pound guy dead in his own house. They had to move his body, since it was already starting to decay. While the police officers were trying to move his body, it split open and spilled body fluids across the floor. It stunk so bad that his superior officer told him he had permission to go home and take a shower. xd *giggles* Everyone in my class went "EEW!!" and we couldn't finish our work for the rest of the period.

That is an interesting story. Did he also tell you, how and why he changed his profession from police officer to teacher? Or do substitutes not have to be teachers at all? x.x

He said he wanted to pursue other careers that didn't involve such graphic stuff. So he became a teacher :3
TheSameYellowToy
Jasper the Immortal
During the first 2 or 3 weeks of school, we got a substitute for our math class. He was pretty cool (he talked a little too much though). But anyways, he told us this story about when he was a police officer. He went to this crime scene where they had found a 350-pound guy dead in his own house. They had to move his body, since it was already starting to decay. While the police officers were trying to move his body, it split open and spilled body fluids across the floor. It stunk so bad that his superior officer told him he had permission to go home and take a shower. xd *giggles* Everyone in my class went "EEW!!" and we couldn't finish our work for the rest of the period.

In 8th grade I had a sub who worked for a bunch of the Apollo missions and even had a piece of this thick "umbilical cord" (It's one of the parts that falls into the ocean) that was used in Apollo 11 mission that was divided amongst the employees. He also had a ton of pictures from other missions too that he let us see.

Oh my gosh. That is so cool! biggrin
lil calamitas
So I just wonder, what is/was your school life like?

What kind of cliques do/did exist at your school?

Do you have any funny, scary or sad stories you want to share?

yum_puddi

I'm in college now which is a significant improvement on high school. It is pretty great being on my own schedule instead of the schools. Cliques don't really exist except for african american students and everyone else. Didn't fit in very well in high school but since college started I haven't spoken to anyone and it hasn't been a worry. Its a pretty care free lifestyle. Love it.
Funny story? my senior year of high school I changed schools because I didn't want to end up eating lunch by myself everyday, but incidentally I did. Instead sitting by myself during lunch, I would sneak out to my car and take a half hour nap. One day my alarm clock didn't go off and I was late getting back to class. I almost got written up for skipping, but after I explained my situation to the teacher I got off free and was never bothered if I showed up late again.

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Cutiebirdgal
Kids are eeevil.

So everyone is evil? ^^'

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Jasper the Immortal

He said he wanted to pursue other careers that didn't involve such graphic stuff. So he became a teacher :3

Wow, that is called courage. 3nodding

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Shcaabs

I'm in college now which is a significant improvement on high school. It is pretty great being on my own schedule instead of the schools. Cliques don't really exist except for african american students and everyone else. Didn't fit in very well in high school but since college started I haven't spoken to anyone and it hasn't been a worry. Its a pretty care free lifestyle. Love it.
Funny story? my senior year of high school I changed schools because I didn't want to end up eating lunch by myself everyday, but incidentally I did. Instead sitting by myself during lunch, I would sneak out to my car and take a half hour nap. One day my alarm clock didn't go off and I was late getting back to class. I almost got written up for skipping, but after I explained my situation to the teacher I got off free and was never bothered if I showed up late again.

Your teacher was very understanding. Why didn't you talk to anyone in college yet? Aren't there interesting people?

Lonely Member

12,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Magical Girl 50
lets go back to elementary... elementary for me was sooo fun!(pre-k-1st-1/2 2nd) no one picked on me except for this punk girl throwing ice at my friends and throwing rocks at others(I scared her off though by standing up for the whole playground) 2nd grade when I moved everyone picked on me the teachers screamed at me, threw my stuff away if i made a little mistake as in if I did 1 math problem wrong the principal would slap kids 3rd grade It was okay 1 kid would pick on me though kind of but it was fine.. got pulled out, homeschooled 3rd-4th-5th-7th-8th-9th-10th 6th grade a kid picked on me about my speech half of the class hated me/talked behind my back the teacher was nice the principal was awesome! 7th grade had no friends(when I moved back to us but was in a different location 8th grade I was dual enrolled for the middle school, I took art class. 9th grade 2nd semester a guy picked on me, half of the class laughed at me because I was nervous for a presentation and shook when I presented. 10th grade a freshmen picked on me, threatened me, insulted me, threw my things on the ground. 11th grade 1st semester(now) HERE COMES THE GOOD NEWS! No one has picked on me so far, I wasn't nervous at all for the 1st day of school. I just shook it off! I'm talking a lot more now, I have some confidence (just not in the hallway only in that class room) and I HOPE it stays that way!
lil calamitas
Oh, sounds good. 3nodding

Which clubs did you chosse?

● Anime club, and I'm currently going to try for a club (as a tutor) where students can get after school help.

Generous Raider

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
In elementary school, I was that one weird kid who asked a lot of question. And thus I was kind of a loner. All the other kids thought I was really weird and really shy, and I was completely fine with that because I don't get along with most people. sweatdrop Other than that I don't remember much.

Middle school was an interesting social experiment. eek I had a few friends, all of whom were just slightly strange, and I still didn't really fit in with any of them. My academics the entire time were pretty much crap, but where I live, apparently crap grades don't matter until you're in high school. stare I don't actually remember most of middle school, other than it was really boring and I had really not great teachers.

High school has been pretty sweet. Sophomore year was my bad year. I failed half my classes and now only have one off-block as a senior. sweatdrop But I'm okay with that, because at least i'll graduate in May. There are a lot more understanding people now that we've all grown up a bit, but at the same time, I still have to hide a lot of stuff from the general populace. I'm a section leader in marching band for the second year in a row this year (yeah, our section of two people) so I have a lot more responsibilities. I'm doing alright, I think. smile I actually have really great classes and teachers this year too, which is awesome.

Friend

omfg this day sucked balls. j uj
I felt like dying and crying.
The ******** day before, this asian kid in front of me gave me this paper that i thought was just a joke, but then right when i left to go to 5th period, i realized it was my ID card and went back. My math teacher and my ID card was off my desk.
I was worrying so much that I lost it a day after we got it.
Then the next day, I was in art. I made superrrr tiny creases (I mean like it didn't effect the art) on the paper and the ******** art teacher was all like," WHY DID YOU FOLD IT?! IT'S THE FINAL PAPER. BLAH BLAH BLAH" I was like chill, but then she was like lecturing me and I was so pissed. I wanted to go into a corner and cry my eyes out. :c
Then in gym, we had to run around a trail and these three idiots walked side by side, blocking any way for me to go ahead of them. So, I had no choice than to walk behind and wait for them to move before I ran. But then right at that moment, the gym teacher saw us and was like,"Your grade is going to drop if you don't run!" and s**t. They blocked my way and weren't moving any time soon. Should I hop over them? (Which is kind of possible since one is pretty darn short..) So, I got a low grade probably. Even my friend's friend who ran beside me said the same thing. sfhalksfkjsalkfjsaf
Anyways, the kid in front reported it to the teacher and I got my ID card back. yay.
The only good thing that went well.
(This is the 2nd week of school btw)

Now I'm scared to go to art and terrified to look at my gym grades. :<

5,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
My school years when good but the mean girls were a butt but most of them are working at burgerking >.<

Profitable Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Jinx Haemachrome
I just fell down the stairs in my first week of school.
Beautiful

Questionable Tactician

Ryu teh Ryu
[ Gradeschool, boring. High school, slightly less boring. College, way less boring. It was all a big adventure. I liked learning, but I hated the time limit and being graded. My grades weren't bad, I just didn't like the idea. Just make sure I know the stuff and we're good to go. ]

But if they don't grade you then how they know you know the stuff?

I think they should grade on a sliding scale. I had an O-chem prof that did that it was great: "you had a 32, but that was the highest grade in the class so... congrats that's an A+" xd

O.G. Elder

13,800 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Maze353
Ryu teh Ryu
[ Gradeschool, boring. High school, slightly less boring. College, way less boring. It was all a big adventure. I liked learning, but I hated the time limit and being graded. My grades weren't bad, I just didn't like the idea. Just make sure I know the stuff and we're good to go. ]

But if they don't grade you then how they know you know the stuff?

I think they should grade on a sliding scale. I had an O-chem prof that did that it was great: "you had a 32, but that was the highest grade in the class so... congrats that's an A+" xd
[ It's different when you get into the work force. If you don't perform well, you likely won't get to keep under-performing. In grade school, they graded us on how well of a job we did at spewing things we thought we learned without having any real reason to spew them. What's worse is, as kids, we were fine being told that 70% was passable. Or even 60%. I wanted to learn, and learn things that mattered. I became passable regarding things that I thought didn't matter, mostly because the reason eluded me.

Sorry to go on like that, but looking back, grade school was a waste of time and a poor experience. ]

Shy Member

Well, I was always the shy girl and weirdo. Almost always the whitest. On rare occasions I may have made a few good friends. I have been to many schools. I've seen a few different cliques here and there. In one school, it seemed, everyone wanted to be a singer and it if you could sing, you were attractive. There was almost always the "popular" group in most schools. The kids who were well known, and considered the most attractive based on body type, clothes, etc. I remember my art school was full of anime fans and almost everywhere I turned my head at lunch, there were Yu-Gi-Oh cards laid out on the tables. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff