Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What are your feelings towards school?

it's fun/good old school days 0.41810344827586 41.8% [ 97 ]
just one of my duties 0.24568965517241 24.6% [ 57 ]
i'll be glad when it's over/ i am glad that it's over 0.33620689655172 33.6% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 232 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29 > >>

LuckZombiie
Jasper the Immortal
... PEWDIEPIE~!! biggrin I love your siggy!! biggrin biggrin heart biggrin Sorry that was so random! xD
User Image

Thanks! /Brofist
I actually have a very strong love towards him.
Apparently I have an UNHEALTHY obsession with Pewdie.....But...Whatever....

Ohh same here, dude! He's just so... *eyes sparkle* emotion_kirakira

Liberal Shopper

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I hated grade school. Children are not angels, they are little devils who eventually learn how to behave. mad
Middle school was better than grade school, since I was able to dump my not-so-good grade school "friends" and make much better ones. (Well, a couple of them weren't good friends but the rest were.) However, I created a theory that many people I know agree with: When someone steps inside of a middle school for the first time, they are possessed by an evil spirit who usually leaves around the first year of high school to prey on more middle schoolers.
High school so far is pretty good. I go to a big school, so it's easy to make friends. smile

I went to public school my whole life. I go to a pretty good school district, and I'm glad I don't go to private school because the ones where I live are about 5 times cliquier than any high school I've seen irl or in a movie. Plus, I have a theory about why all of the catholic school girls in my area look almost exactly alike: they're all made in a factory. razz I am not a factory-made child, therefore private school isn't for me. (I constantly make jokes about private school/factory-made kids, no offense.)

Last year, my AcLab (Study hall) teacher cussed out the new principal (Who everyone HATES. Why did you have to retire, old principal? Everyone loved you!) before she retired.

Liberal Shopper

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
lil calamitas
Replaye

● Most of the cliques are actually based on the culture/race.
          Then, it's based off of hobbies, and stuff like that.
          And I am in no specific clique. sweatdrop

It's kind of sad that for me, on the first day, I think I said hi to people 3 times, and none of them said hi back lol

At your school cliques do not socialize with each other?
Not even saying "hi" back, is so rude. ._.'

At mine, the walls of cliques are kind of like a membrane instead of a brick wall; sometimes cliques will socialize with each other, but there are limits.

Liberal Shopper

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
lil calamitas
GarfieldLoverXP
Personally school has pretty much been dull... Everyone, well near everyone, in my school (and especially in my grade) are clones. User Image I mean that literally. First day of school this year 90% of the girls came in with dresses, all of them ending at the same part of the thigh, all covering up just enough to be allowed in school. And the dresses didn't even look that nice...

I've been with the same kids since elementary school unless someone moves in or out of the district. My whole school is cliques of varying popularity levels and well I'm not in any of them... And It's amazing how many cousins there are in the same grade.

I remember this class trip I went to. We had to sign up which group we wanted to be in. I knew a few people in this one group so I decided to go with that group. A day later some of the friends of the people I knew came up to me and told me to get out of the group, not politely I might add. I told them no, they then continued to try to talk me into switching groups with no success and eventually left me alone. When it came to the trip during the whole trip they talked about me behind my back and gave me dirty looks. The people I knew where the only ones who actually glad I was in the group. I didn't let the others bother me but just the gall of these people is what amazes me. I just can't wait until they get into the real world and find out how hard it is.

Your teachers are not doing anything against this grouping?
My teachers were putting us every school trips in different groups, so that we learned to get along with everyone in class.

In grade school through high school we had Mix it Up day at lunch. In grade school we all sat at tables by our birth month. Some of the kids got to be with their best friends, but most of us just felt awkward as hell and were all "Oh. Hi." Then in middle school they gave each kid a random colored sticker and you had to sit at a table with everyone of your color. Of course as soon as the teachers turned their back, everyone began trading stickers so they could sit with their friends. And in high school NOBODY paid attention to it.

Liberal Shopper

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
AndreaHarper
I was the scariest kid on campus throughout high school, to the point that they warned incoming freshmen about me. (as my little sister discovered during orientation) I have no idea why, because I'm a short, squeaky sort of girl who alternates between babble-y and painfully introverted, but apparently most people went out of their way to avoid making me mad for any reason.

My friend and I managed to make the entire English class think that I belonged in the nuthouse. I would read violent stories out loud to the class to freak them out, act suspicious at random times, pick violent books to review for the class, and draw deranged pictures in my notebooks. By the end of the year all of those annoying dumbasses were scared of me.

Liberal Shopper

5,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jasper the Immortal
During the first 2 or 3 weeks of school, we got a substitute for our math class. He was pretty cool (he talked a little too much though). But anyways, he told us this story about when he was a police officer. He went to this crime scene where they had found a 350-pound guy dead in his own house. They had to move his body, since it was already starting to decay. While the police officers were trying to move his body, it split open and spilled body fluids across the floor. It stunk so bad that his superior officer told him he had permission to go home and take a shower. xd *giggles* Everyone in my class went "EEW!!" and we couldn't finish our work for the rest of the period.

In 8th grade I had a sub who worked for a bunch of the Apollo missions and even had a piece of this thick "umbilical cord" (It's one of the parts that falls into the ocean) that was used in Apollo 11 mission that was divided amongst the employees. He also had a ton of pictures from other missions too that he let us see.

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Lady Zaffiro
Its funny. I keep running into my friends from my first school. I saw my best friends from kindergarten to grade 4. and the best part? they remember me too :3 So so far the new school year's been fun... besides the mountain of homework in English gonk

Good for you! So you don't have to do an elementary class reunion. 3nodding

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Rizrazzle
Jealous bitches make for a lot of bullies.
After primary school I got into a group of which one popular barbie girl pretended to be me on the internet and send dirty mails to my class. She told them I was a lesbian, wanted to do naughty stuff, you get the point. She didn't want me in her clique obviously. Damage was done, my entire age group started bullying me to protect that popular girl. It was ignoring, insulting, laughing at me for existing, getting thrown of staircases, being beat up weekly, and once 'accidentally' stabbed.

I ended up getting my high-school certificate at a totally different school -- after 8 years instead of 5. Then made two wrong choices for studying, again not accepted into the mainstream culture.

I'm doing my third Uni now, studying game development, and for the first time I can say I have some fun classmates. Most of the 'cool guys' take an immediate dislike towards me for being a geeky girl, but most of the serious geeks I get along with fine. I just hope the 'cool guys' don't start picking on me again... I'm 21 due to my detour, and they're merely 16. But I can't stand up to those teenagers if there's twenty of them and only one me.

How can someone stab some else accidentally? O.o
No police involved after that incident?

What did you start studying before you came to game develoment?^^
Game development sounds great. There are still "cool guys" and "less cool guys" in your uni?

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
cherryblossomssong

thanks smile
no its only summer vacation around 2 - 3 months and winter vacation around 1 - 1.5 months , each semester goes around 4 months and don't forget about the small holidays like independence day and others xd , so it's better to work hard since next year will be my last as a high school student and going to to university with the study i want depends on my marks of the next year
such a hard work neutral

Good luck! ^o^
Do your grades as a second year also count for your graduation report?
What do you plan to study?

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Replaye

● Of course they socialize, but people w/ similar races usually hang out together (from what I see)
          gonk it is sad

So they do limit themselves in homogenous groups?
How about clubs and school activities then? Are at least those not bound to a similiar race? :s

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
LuckZombiie
User Image

To be honest, I don't really know. I'm pretty sure it was because I was being nice to this new red haired girl and i unknowingly let her keep me isolated from my friends. So even though I was with her, i wasn't really...friends with her until a year later in which she backstabs me and ruined my middle school life.

As for the rumors, I have no idea. I've been asked by people in my school and people from different schools if I was a lesbian and if I've "done" it with the red haired girl (We'll call her that for now.). I've been asked if I was on drugs and all sorts of weird stuff at the age of 11 till about the age of 13 or 14. Since then, I haven't heard any rumors about me. Possibly because of the fact that I don't like talking to people now.

As for the last question, I haven't been doing my math homework because my teacher is a terrible...teacher. I'm pretty good at math, and I'm actually smarter than most of the students that are in my class. I just have this thing about me where i don't do the work if I hate the specific teacher. But I'm actually going to fix that this week. I need good grades~.

Anyway, I hope those long ended answers made sense. I'm not the best at telling personal stories, since I tend to jump around a lot.

Thank you for answering my questions, though they were really personal. I tend to jump around a lot, too and your answers were well-structured. yum_puddi

So the math class as it is now, doesn't challenge you? Good luck for fixing your grades! ^-^

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Lychee Fruit
lil calamitas

Do I have to imagine these cliques like shown in Hollywood movies?

So this is how people also communicate in rl?

I watched the movie and actually I thought it has a good "anti-bullying" message. 3nodding

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Jasper the Immortal
During the first 2 or 3 weeks of school, we got a substitute for our math class. He was pretty cool (he talked a little too much though). But anyways, he told us this story about when he was a police officer. He went to this crime scene where they had found a 350-pound guy dead in his own house. They had to move his body, since it was already starting to decay. While the police officers were trying to move his body, it split open and spilled body fluids across the floor. It stunk so bad that his superior officer told him he had permission to go home and take a shower. xd *giggles* Everyone in my class went "EEW!!" and we couldn't finish our work for the rest of the period.

That is an interesting story. Did he also tell you, how and why he changed his profession from police officer to teacher? Or do substitutes not have to be teachers at all? x.x

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
TheSameYellowToy
I hated grade school. Children are not angels, they are little devils who eventually learn how to behave. mad
Middle school was better than grade school, since I was able to dump my not-so-good grade school "friends" and make much better ones. (Well, a couple of them weren't good friends but the rest were.) However, I created a theory that many people I know agree with: When someone steps inside of a middle school for the first time, they are possessed by an evil spirit who usually leaves around the first year of high school to prey on more middle schoolers.
High school so far is pretty good. I go to a big school, so it's easy to make friends. smile

I went to public school my whole life. I go to a pretty good school district, and I'm glad I don't go to private school because the ones where I live are about 5 times cliquier than any high school I've seen irl or in a movie. Plus, I have a theory about why all of the catholic school girls in my area look almost exactly alike: they're all made in a factory. razz I am not a factory-made child, therefore private school isn't for me. (I constantly make jokes about private school/factory-made kids, no offense.)

Last year, my AcLab (Study hall) teacher cussed out the new principal (Who everyone HATES. Why did you have to retire, old principal? Everyone loved you!) before she retired.

Really? Adults are more like devils. They talk behind someones back, while elementary school children are more direct, at least that is what I think.

Nice evil-spirit theory. Are you sure that evil-spirit is leaving and not just hiding? ;D

Most likely private school children do also know some jokes about public school. No harm done. x)

What kind of person is that principal to be hated by everyone to that extent?

TheSameYellowToy

At mine, the walls of cliques are kind of like a membrane instead of a brick wall; sometimes cliques will socialize with each other, but there are limits.

When do the cliques socialize with the other ones? Are they greeting each other?

TheSameYellowToy

In grade school through high school we had Mix it Up day at lunch. In grade school we all sat at tables by our birth month. Some of the kids got to be with their best friends, but most of us just felt awkward as hell and were all "Oh. Hi." Then in middle school they gave each kid a random colored sticker and you had to sit at a table with everyone of your color. Of course as soon as the teachers turned their back, everyone began trading stickers so they could sit with their friends. And in high school NOBODY paid attention to it.

At our class it was successful. That was probably because we also had to hand in group projects. Later in middle school we also traded sometimes, but no one was excluded. Probably because we were only 10 people in our class and knew each other already from elementary school. I had the almost the same classmates from elementary to high school graduation. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff