Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What are your feelings towards school?

it's fun/good old school days 0.41810344827586 41.8% [ 97 ]
just one of my duties 0.24568965517241 24.6% [ 57 ]
i'll be glad when it's over/ i am glad that it's over 0.33620689655172 33.6% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 232 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 >

Timid Member

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

School was grand really. I loved Elementary and High School was okay. I hated going though, espicially with the fight and my stalker for 2+ years... yegh

User Image

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
My class can't be divided into real cliques because they always change. Funny thing is, I never belonged to any.
School life is... not what it should be like. It should be about studying and getting to know each other. Instead, everyone hates on the lectures, goes to private tutors, and hates on the others. The one part looks down on the other part, the other part doesn't care about it, so it's all just a big hatestorm.
And here I am, who just simply wants to have fun, laugh at teachers and stuff, but no, there has to be these people that tell everything to teachers, that b***h about everything and ruin lessons.
I hate school because it could be so much better, but they just don't realize it.

Fashionable Raider

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
lil calamitas
danasuper12

Ahaha, Unfortunately not!~ You can only be in one series once you choose which series you'll take during when your in Grade 8 once you apply for it! Once you get chosen to be in the school, you can switch after the semester! c';

How often can one switch after a semester?
Are all those departments in one school building?

Just once, Sadly ;c
And Yes, yes, yes!!!
ninja

Feral Lover

lil calamitas
HalfBlood Prophet

Is there any person who knows all the people in school? I mean it probably impossible... But as students you probably know every teacher, right?

Sometimes not all the teachers. I only know the ones I have each day, I don't even know the name of the lady who yells at everyone to put their ID Cards on every morning. She's a teacher, but I don't know her name. We have like... over 40 teachers I think I'm not sure.
There's a LOT! xD

For that amount of student a little bit over 40 teachers don't seem to be much. sweatdrop
People who transfer to your school during the school year must have it pretty tough. Is there a welcoming committee, for those poor students?
Nope, we have to figure everything out on our own.
You can always ask a teacher where to go, or someone in the class youre currently in.
Its kinda easy to figure out, but still.

Greedy Informer

lil calamitas

Too sad... ._.
But you still have to hold club meetings?

Yeah...there were times where we chatted and lazed around, but we still had to take attendance..
we had other members who were really interested in math, so sometimes we write a brainteaser or a math puzzle on the blackboard and let others answer it...it's such a shame that members who are interested in math only make up the minority of the club...

Shy Member

lil calamitas
elusive chaos

GED=General Education Development or General Equivalency Diploma. Close enough to a high school diploma. I don't think I knew about name tags at a school reunion.

Thanks. So the GED can be used to get into university. Do you have to attend evening classes or day classes? Does it cost extra to do the GED or is it paid by the government?

It depends on where you go. The GED program I went too was free. I managed to get my GED in just a few months and I went for the evening classes first and then went for the morning classes when I quit my first job. So there was a choice in that program. I think some programs do charge, though. I'm sure every GED program gives the person a choice for morning or evening classes to fit their busy schedule.

Oh, and the free one I went too was not being funded by the government. Some lady was giving all her money to the place. I think now they might be charging, however. Sucks, but I understand it. Everything gets more expensive over time.

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Mayor Gravity
Subs aren't even better qualified babysitters, they're just babysitters.

Too sad, the can't teach you anything subject related, but don't your parents complain about it? .-.

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Karmarsi Kedamoki
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

School was grand really. I loved Elementary and High School was okay. I hated going though, espicially with the fight and my stalker for 2+ years... yegh

User Image

Great that you liked your Elementary. 3nodding
Fight? Stalker? Sounds turbulent. @.@

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
Colonel Gabrielle
My class can't be divided into real cliques because they always change. Funny thing is, I never belonged to any.
School life is... not what it should be like. It should be about studying and getting to know each other. Instead, everyone hates on the lectures, goes to private tutors, and hates on the others. The one part looks down on the other part, the other part doesn't care about it, so it's all just a big hatestorm.
And here I am, who just simply wants to have fun, laugh at teachers and stuff, but no, there has to be these people that tell everything to teachers, that b***h about everything and ruin lessons.
I hate school because it could be so much better, but they just don't realize it.

Why are you never part of any clique?
Have you ever experienced such a different school life? Your image seems quite lively. sweatdrop

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
danasuper12

Just once, Sadly ;c
And Yes, yes, yes!!!
ninja

My, but you are happy with visual, too, right?
So you can make friends in other departments easily? 3nodding

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
HalfBlood Prophet

Nope, we have to figure everything out on our own.
You can always ask a teacher where to go, or someone in the class youre currently in.
Its kinda easy to figure out, but still.

Are the classmates usually nice to new students?

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
leif0000

Yeah...there were times where we chatted and lazed around, but we still had to take attendance..
we had other members who were really interested in math, so sometimes we write a brainteaser or a math puzzle on the blackboard and let others answer it...it's such a shame that members who are interested in math only make up the minority of the club...

How many members are attending your club? And how many of those are actually interested? What are the not-interested ones do, while you work on math problems?

Invisible Nerd

13,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
elusive chaos

It depends on where you go. The GED program I went too was free. I managed to get my GED in just a few months and I went for the evening classes first and then went for the morning classes when I quit my first job. So there was a choice in that program. I think some programs do charge, though. I'm sure every GED program gives the person a choice for morning or evening classes to fit their busy schedule.

Oh, and the free one I went too was not being funded by the government. Some lady was giving all her money to the place. I think now they might be charging, however. Sucks, but I understand it. Everything gets more expensive over time.

Lucky you that you found a free of charge GED program. 3nodding
GED is usually privately financed?

Yeah, life really gets more expensive... 3nodding

Greedy Informer

lil calamitas

How many members are attending your club? And how many of those are actually interested? What are the not-interested ones do, while you work on math problems?

I'm not too sure...but around 20%, i guess, of the members are interested and the others..well...chat about..errr...stuff..
I was not the one who took charge in taking the attendance so I am not 100% sure on our quantity..
but I'm estimating 20% based from who i see participating...

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
lil calamitas
Colonel Gabrielle

Why are you never part of any clique?
Have you ever experienced such a different school life? Your image seems quite lively. sweatdrop

There are only extremist cliques, and I never really like to take one side only.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the other question though. Do you mean perhaps that have I ever experienced a similar (that counts as a pretty different and strange one) school life?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff