Welcome to Gaia! ::

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I couldn't stand "Catcher in the Rye", "The Great Gatsby", "The Scarlett Letter", "A Wrinkle in Time" or "To Kill a Mockingbird".
I also HATED "The Odyssey" and "Iliad". Neither of them had "D'oh!" in the text.

Aged Genius

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
The Hobbit, 200 pages of leaving somewhere e.e... it like killed me :c... Catcher in the rye was okay but not something worth a second read through...

Questionable Borg

Underwear the Nacho
I couldn't stand "Catcher in the Rye", "The Great Gatsby", "The Scarlett Letter", "A Wrinkle in Time" or "To Kill a Mockingbird".
I also HATED "The Odyssey" and "Iliad". Neither of them had "D'oh!" in the text.
They were written, by Homer, not Homer Simpson. rolleyes

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Mayor Gravity
Underwear the Nacho
I know, I was kidding.

Questionable Borg

Underwear the Nacho
Mayor Gravity
Underwear the Nacho
I know, I was kidding.
I was hoping. XD.

But, did you really not like The Odyssey/Illiad?

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Mayor Gravity
Underwear the Nacho
Mayor Gravity
Underwear the Nacho
I know, I was kidding.
I was hoping. XD.

I had to read both twice (I spent my high schools years in two schools). One school had us read it our first year, and the other school our last year. Yeah, if I have to read something more than once I lose interest and begin to hate it

Questionable Borg

Underwear the Nacho
Mayor Gravity
Underwear the Nacho
Mayor Gravity
Underwear the Nacho
I know, I was kidding.
I was hoping. XD.

I had to read both twice (I spent my high schools years in two schools). One school had us read it our first year, and the other school our last year. Yeah, if I have to read something more than once I lose interest and begin to hate it
I only read The Odyssey, but I really liked it, but I also love Greek mythology, hell; I'm reading The Theban Plays right now. (which isn't Greek mythology, per say...)

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Mayor Gravity
Mine were A Wrinkle in Time (6th grade) and A Night To Remember (7th grade). The Chosen One (11th grade) and Death of a Salesman (11th grade).

oh no! I have to read Death of a Salesman this weekend...stupid AP Lit.

The WORST was The Scarlett Letter. It was so boring and existentialist. But I really dislike most books we read in school, because we beat it to death with "analysis."

Devoted Miko

The last time I actually enjoyed reading a required book was when I read Julie of the Wolves in seventh grade. Since then, my least favorite would have to be A Tale of Two Cities.

Devoted Miko

pluhsauce
Mayor Gravity
Mine were A Wrinkle in Time (6th grade) and A Night To Remember (7th grade). The Chosen One (11th grade) and Death of a Salesman (11th grade).

The WORST was The Scarlett Letter. It was so boring and existentialist. But I really dislike most books we read in school, because we beat it to death with "analysis."

Oh, God. The Scalet Letter. Seriously, I got what the author was trying to say, but did it really have to take him 200+ pages and some really dry characters to say it?

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
purplemonkeys227
pluhsauce
Mayor Gravity

Oh, God. The Scalet Letter. Seriously, I got what the author was trying to say, but did it really have to take him 200+ pages and some really dry characters to say it?

We spent days in a row talking about the "scaffold" and the "repeating theme of sunshine."

LIKE HOLY FCK, MRS. TEACHER. I JUST STARTED READING THE SPARKNOTES AFTER THE 4TH CHAPTER.

Devoted Miko

pluhsauce
purplemonkeys227
pluhsauce
Mayor Gravity

We spent days in a row talking about the "scaffold" and the "repeating theme of sunshine."

LIKE HOLY FCK, MRS. TEACHER. I JUST STARTED READING THE SPARKNOTES AFTER THE 4TH CHAPTER.

If only I'd known about Sparknotes back then...

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
purplemonkeys227

slader.com is saving my senior year. (;
all the kids in my grade cheat so hard, I have to google all my homework just to keep up with things. Grr.

Devoted Miko

pluhsauce
purplemonkeys227

slader.com is saving my senior year. (;
all the kids in my grade cheat so hard, I have to google all my homework just to keep up with things. Grr.

I know, right? Its a wonder your teacher never notices.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff