Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Browser

My textbooks, all four years

Questionable Borg

ashash1o1
I thought the writing was decent....the writing in Catcher in the Rye on the other hand was absolutely terrible!!!
Mayor Gravity
ashash1o1
My favorite book was To Kill a Mockingbird. If you actually take the time to read it and understand it, it's really great heart
I think it has a good message, but it's still horribly written.
Never had to read that.

Questionable Borg

Junifire
You actually read the textbooks cover to cover? I only read them if I needed specific information
UUUUUFFFFF!!!! LA Llamarada this spanish novel i hated,ansd EL NiƱo que Enloquesio de amor grrr....very sad.....did not like .

Liberal Browser

Mayor Gravity
Junifire
You actually read the textbooks cover to cover? I only read them if I needed specific information

Lol, heck no! I'm just saying I didn't like reading my textbooks in general xp

Dapper Fairy

ashash1o1
Catcher in the Rye (Sophomore Year) was terrible. It was by far the most boring thing I've ever been forced to read.

Well that's an uncommon view. I didn't hate the book per se. I just didn't find it deep at all or meaningful. It's about a whining, complaining rich kid and nothing more. I hated Holden. He needed a good ol' fashion smacking.

Timid Darling

American Born Chinese in 11th grade. It was a fun book, but it felt like a completely waste of time. Especially since we spent months analyzing it, but I finished it during study hall.
I wanted to read something compelling, not a comic about teaching children to accept themselves.

Hygienic Genius

A Wrinkle in Time wasn't so bad to me. Kinda weird when they started describing IT, but eh.

I hated Frankenstein in 9th grade. It droned on forever, it was creepy, and it just wasn't that interesting to me. I like our modern version of Frankenstein better. emotion_donotwant

In college, we just finished Devil's Highway. It was morbid, haunting, and boyish with the use of words. Illegal immigrants dying in the desert...Fun.
Anything by Shakespeare
The Great Gatsby

Super Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Mayor Gravity
Mine were A Wrinkle in Time (6th grade) and A Night To Remember (7th grade). The Chosen One (11th grade) and Death of a Salesman (11th grade).
Why do schools choose like the bernstein bears books?

They make people think books are boring
last night in twisted river by John Irving. UGH.
DAVID COPPERFIELD!!!! I hate this book so much!! dramallama

Questionable Borg

Doctor TC
Mayor Gravity
Mine were A Wrinkle in Time (6th grade) and A Night To Remember (7th grade). The Chosen One (11th grade) and Death of a Salesman (11th grade).
Why do schools choose like the bernstein bears books?

They make people think books are boring
Because I'm a teacher, and I read BB books all the time. However, my kids are 4-5, not in high school. sweatdrop
The Scarlet Letter, Beowulf, and Things fall apart (because I moved in high school I had to read the last one twice)
oh I totally repressed Paridise Lost from my memory! British Lit class just sucked for me in general. emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff