Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
We bring our own laptops. My laptop literally killed my back, so I bought an Ipad instead.
there should be so that we could get more work done instead of using the old slow computers

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
Fading like a D R E A M
shinigami ryukie
Fading like a D R E A M
MY school got laptops too. The government gave them all of the highschools in the entire country. I'm using mine RIGHT at this very moment. And, ALL of the laptops are the same brand - MSI. Unfortunately, they were pre-installed with some crappy Operating System named Edubuntu so a bunch of them manually changed the operating systems to Windows 7. I wish I can upgrade mine :/ My school banned facebook and other social network sites on the school's wifi thingyy... :]

All schools you say?

Yep. From public schools, to Private schools. All schools got 'em.

Which country are we referring to?

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
ThatOneDude182
So. Our entire school district got laptops to use for homework and school stuff. Did anyone get any?? Are you using it right now? ( I'm actually using mine right now in school :3) Do they ban a lot of websites?

Same thing happened to me too. biggrin

Angelic Fairy

8,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
In my freshman year in high school, my entire school was focused on the use of laptops (it was a Technology Academy). They banned a lot of sites and liked to be secure as to enforce rules such as no downloading and using the laptops for academic purposes only. Of course, my friends and I would find loopholes... c:
For my school having laptops is mandatory to bring once we get into high school. But the library also has a few computers to rent out. The sites that we aren't allowed to go on are gaming sites and some other types of sites if we click on it and then our school logo would appear or would have forbidden.

Intellectual Sweetheart

11,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
jun not a cake
Nope we don't get them, however there is several people who use their own for taking notes and such.

me too

Fashionable Autobiographer

6,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Laptops arn't given out at my school, but the 8th grade teachers at my school are trying to decide if all 8th grade students should get a Kindle. Dunno why a Kindle, though. neutral heart
I think laptops should be used because they allow you to get information from all over the world some of which is true and unbiased. There are a lot of exceptions to this though.
Skyechilcott
My school's getting Ipads ..// !
my school did to.

Questionable Borg

X-CottonCandySwirl-X
Laptops arn't given out at my school, but the 8th grade teachers at my school are trying to decide if all 8th grade students should get a Kindle. Dunno why a Kindle, though. neutral heart
In the long run it's cheaper than buying paper copies of all the books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff