Welcome to Gaia! ::

So. Our entire school district got laptops to use for homework and school stuff. Did anyone get any?? Are you using it right now? ( I'm actually using mine right now in school :3) Do they ban a lot of websites?

Questionable Borg

I'm in college, so I got my own laptop, and nothing is banned, because it's college.

HimeKeesho's Wife

ThatOneDude182
So. Our entire school district got laptops to use for homework and school stuff. Did anyone get any?? Are you using it right now? ( I'm actually using mine right now in school :3) Do they ban a lot of websites?

Oh that's cool, I wish my high school did that for us.

Kawaii Noob

MY school got laptops too. The government gave them all of the highschools in the entire country. I'm using mine RIGHT at this very moment. And, ALL of the laptops are the same brand - MSI. Unfortunately, they were pre-installed with some crappy Operating System named Edubuntu so a bunch of them manually changed the operating systems to Windows 7. I wish I can upgrade mine :/ My school banned facebook and other social network sites on the school's wifi thingyy... :]

Shameless Demigod

17,000 Points
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
  • Perfect Timing 500
Squishybear93
ThatOneDude182

THATS WHAT SHE SAID
0nce In a Blue Moon
Squishybear93
ThatOneDude182

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

That is what she said
I just graduated from HS,
and when I was still there, we only used mini HP laptops
whenever we had to do a power point or write papers in class. =

Dapper Fatcat

I don't know why they did this for me in 2nd grade, but in high school, they want us to buy our own damn laptops emotion_facepalm

Rainbow Unicorn

Nope we don't get them, however there is several people who use their own for taking notes and such.
Fading like a D R E A M
MY school got laptops too. The government gave them all of the highschools in the entire country. I'm using mine RIGHT at this very moment. And, ALL of the laptops are the same brand - MSI. Unfortunately, they were pre-installed with some crappy Operating System named Edubuntu so a bunch of them manually changed the operating systems to Windows 7. I wish I can upgrade mine :/ My school banned facebook and other social network sites on the school's wifi thingyy... :]

I know how you can get on facebook on those computers ( this might work. it does for me ) type in http://Facebook.com and i just tried it and it didnt work. emotion_donotwant . but it might for you

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Fading like a D R E A M
I never had laptops in high school, but when I went to college I had my own laptop. I could do whatever I wanted when I was there.

Questionable Lunatic

I'm going to an art school, somehow.
Well, there are 4 different departments, 3 of them MUST HAVE laptops.
Or else you'll get bad marks, 'cause more than 50% of the lessons use laptops.
Like learning photoshop and such.

But I don't understand how normal schools use them to take notes.
Even at my school, nearly everyone write down their notes on a paper.
It's so much easier for both my eyes and memory to learn by reading handwritten notes.

It might be easier for people with a bad handwriting, but well ....
We're all different huh?
dramallama

4,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
They have laptops at my school too, but the freshman, sophmores, and juniors are the only ones that have them. I'm a senior so I don't get one... but I really don't need one. Those laptops are really really slow,and most of the decent sites are blocked. Aywas is the only decent one that you can get on with them.
theyre quicker than school computers

Partying Winner

5,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
My school has laptops! Only a few, though. Most are desktops.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff