Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone have tips on having a better understanding in learning the language of french? I took spanish before this because i forced too so now I am partaking in french. If you took French did you enjoy it and why did you want to learn it?

HimeKeesho's Wife

Eh.. I enjoyed french 1-2. French 3-4 became more difficult and I wanted to take it because well.. I wanted to learn something other than Spanish... and plus I think French sounds lovely.

Gracious Explorer

5,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
I loved French, although it was a bit challenging for me. Especially as you progress onward and upward. Just study like hell and whenever you get the free chance find someone who is in that class or knows French and work on pronunciation and what not. Flashcards always helped me.
Good luck! biggrin

Hilarious Member

Loo. They talk hilariously

Hilarious Member

Hilarious Member

Loo hilariously cool

HimeKeesho's Wife

ll_RoYal Qu33n_ll
Loo hilariously cool

No.

Hopeful Bookworm

I took french since I was 5. So...

It's an easy language if you know the vocab. The grammar can get tricky, but I wouldn't really worry about it.

Good luck!

Dapper Fairy

The best chance you are going to get at learning the language is being forced to speak it. I stayed in France for two weeks, and even though I am a full level behind the kids in the French class, I speak more fluently than they do.

A lot of French vocabulary is basically the same as its English counterpart. Spanish words also sometimes translate over. Grammar can get annoying, but so long as you understand English grammar, you will be able to understand French grammar. While the two aren't totally similar, a lot of French grammar rules come from English grammar terminologies and concepts.

Best of luck! If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I have an exam tomorrow, so I wouldn't mind chatting in French for a bit to get practice smile .
Well english is considered to be the hardest launguage but just try it I am taking japanese though wink

Timid Darling

I think a really good tip for learning any language is to not be afraid of making mistakes.
I hated taking language in high school because so many students were nervous to answer questions or say words they couldn't pronounce, because they didn't want to mess up.
You have to use what you learn to really take it in. :>

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
I've been studying French since I was five (and I'm 23, now), and I love it. Only issues I've ever had with it are the massive amounts of verb tenses, and verb gender. But you should be fairly used to that stuff, coming from Spanish.
Squishybear93
Eh.. I enjoyed french 1-2. French 3-4 became more difficult and I wanted to take it because well.. I wanted to learn something other than Spanish... and plus I think French sounds lovely.

Are you ever planning on going to france if you started french again? And yes french does sound mighty darling c:

HimeKeesho's Wife

PetiteWhitePrincess
Squishybear93

Are you ever planning on going to france if you started french again? And yes french does sound mighty darling c:

Yes, someday. I would love to.
Stilbini
The best chance you are going to get at learning the language is being forced to speak it. I stayed in France for two weeks, and even though I am a full level behind the kids in the French class, I speak more fluently than they do.

A lot of French vocabulary is basically the same as its English counterpart. Spanish words also sometimes translate over. Grammar can get annoying, but so long as you understand English grammar, you will be able to understand French grammar. While the two aren't totally similar, a lot of French grammar rules come from English grammar terminologies and concepts.

Best of luck! If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I have an exam tomorrow, so I wouldn't mind chatting in French for a bit to get practice smile .

Thank you so much! I most definitely need all the help i can get yum_puddi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces