Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,250 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Object of Affection 150
I didn't see a thread for this (after only checking the first page).
What have you to say about dating in high school?
My parents never let me have a boyfriend.
I outright disregarded them. Tee hee. I mean, I'm a senior now.
I do not regret it, not because of YOLO or anything, but because I just wanted to break a rule.
At this point, I know there are lots of other students out there who have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend and are perfectly normal. Hell, I was one of those people.
But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
So now I'm wondering what's up with you guys and your opinions, experiences, et cetera.

9,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
I'm kinda asking my crush out tomorrow. I'm a junior and I've never had a serious girlfriend so I'm freaking out sweatdrop

10,250 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Don't freak out!
If you're not creepy and she hasn't shown you any signs of outright rejecting your presence, then I'm sure she'll appreciate it. wink

Anxious Creature

13,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noble Shade 100
My opinion is that i like to have my boyfriends. I cannot be alone. I do not know why. emotion_8c

HimeKeesho's Wife

I had a boyfriend of two years almost when I was in high school..parents didn't care they just didn't like how he would treat me with all his lies and excuses..

Newbie Gaian

Elaethyr
I do not regret it, not because of YOLO or anything, but because I just wanted to break a rule.
At this point, I know there are lots of other students out there who have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend and are perfectly normal. Hell, I was one of those people.
So now I'm wondering what's up with you guys and your opinions, experiences, et cetera.

That just made my day. biggrin

Tipsy Conversationalist

8,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Honestly, I date I've dated since I was 12...but dating in high school I mean you can ask everyone in college and almost all of them will say 'I never found my true love there,' like you probably won't find someone till after college maybe during who knows. There's someone out there for someone. Could be your best friend. I feel like my parents now...I'm 17 and I'm telling what I don't believe. Don't worry Lord Earl Alois Trancy I don't like being alone either. Probably because it gives you comfort to know that at least someone loves you. : ))

Also that made my day too smile

Lonely Flatterer

8,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
I'm in 10th grade, and i love my boyfriend of about 1 year now. smile I'm also afraid to be alone xp

Newbie Gaian

Kiyomi143
I'm in 10th grade, and i love my boyfriend of about 1 year now. smile I'm also afraid to be alone xp

I'm in the 10th Grade too, but honestly I think I'm more afraid of dating someone not worth my time than being alone. Alone is safe, alone is what protects me. (I'm not being dramatic, it's a Sherlock quote) Also, I haven't dated anyone since the sixth grade and that didn't really count, my friends sort of set it all up behind my back. Needless to say they aren't my friends anymore and I can't imagine myself not being single.

Questionable Borg

Elaethyr
I think it all depends on the person you're dating, and the age difference.
Ehh, my views are sorta narrow minded but I think that dating is unnecessary in high school if you aren't mature enough to maintain one without losing track of your progress in school and communication with your family and friends xD. Half of my school are immersed in the dating scene and they are doing horrible in school but some couples are really admirable ;3. but dating is ok imo if you are mature about it blaugh

Dapper Member

dating in high school is good but dont go for a a*****e. I did and people talked s**t about us and also called me stuff when I have done nothing to any of them...I was new to the dam high school and I am already regreting alot.... crying

1,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
In my opinion, You're parents are just trying to protect you most likely! In most circumstanses... Highschool Relationships can cause heartbreak,Drama,Suide, and Lack of self image. But however, Some Highschool Relationships can lead to great learning experiences...and finding you're life parter. It is also good to date in highschool (In my opinion) because then you have a feel for the love battle feild grounds..and initially you learn ways to deal with problems in a relationship, and how to handle those problems.. Ultimately there are many different outcomes that can be caused, and or ran into... which can cause; like I stated before the following: Suide,Lack of self confidence,pressure,depression...etc. You're parents are doing the right thing in some cases,but in others they are strongly failing... You as a senior should be able to explore your social life..
Best of luck... you're friend DrinaBunny(: biggrin

10,250 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Another thing I have to deal with this senior year is being 18 for the whole second semester, and STILL living at home with my parents(for high school, obviously).
What if I want to date a guy who's 22? That won't sit well with them, but if I had grown some balls and moved out already then they wouldn't have to know about him.

Magical Hobo

I started dating when I was 14 (before then, I used to have "pretend" boyfriends rolleyes ). I'd say dating in high school helped prepare me for dating once I got out in the "real world." I put up with a lot of B.S. from guys back then, and it taught me a lot about what I was and wasn't looking for in a partner.

Your parents might be trying to shield you from heartbreak or a teen pregnancy, but at some point, they need to realize that you're growing up. If you don't learn boy's tricks now, you may be in for worse heartbreak later on. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff