Welcome to Gaia! ::

hi

hi 1 100.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

Angelic Phantom

Hey guys, so I am currently into my second semester of college, and I have a decent GPA so far,

I was thinking about taking one semester off to travel, like maybe the upcoming semester: Spring 2013.

However I am already 19 years old and I am worried that if I take anymore time off from school I will not be able to finish my diploma in 4 years time. talk2hand

I mean I am not going to suffer in PAIN if I don't go travel, it's just that the idea would be nice.

What are your suggestions as to what I should do?
I'm open for discussion! smile

Angelic Phantom

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Are you willing to take classes during the summer to make up for it? I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but if you want to graduate in four years, you'll need to make an academic plan.

Angelic Phantom

jadedrenee
Are you willing to take classes during the summer to make up for it? I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but if you want to graduate in four years, you'll need to make an academic plan.

Well, technically I am supposed to be finished with my first year in the summer since I started in summer 2012 semester,

I don't mind taking classes in the summer because I find that summer classes are a lot more fun and upbeat.

But in this case I am still losing time on my four year scale because I started in Summer 2012.

sweatdrop

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
1s H o s h i
jadedrenee

Well, technically I am supposed to be finished with my first year in the summer since I started in summer 2012 semester,

I don't mind taking classes in the summer because I find that summer classes are a lot more fun and upbeat.

But in this case I am still losing time on my four year scale because I started in Summer 2012.

sweatdrop

Are you planning on any kind of grad school?

Angelic Phantom

jadedrenee
1s H o s h i
jadedrenee

sweatdrop

It's a possibility, but I'm not counting on it since my dad wants me to MATURE and WORK as quickly as possible.

But he also said grad school was one of his plans...

So I'm just like okay. sweatdrop

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
1s H o s h i
jadedrenee
1s H o s h i
jadedrenee

sweatdrop

It's a possibility, but I'm not counting on it since my dad wants me to MATURE and WORK as quickly as possible.

Travel might make good fodder for the personal statement when it comes time to do grad school applications. As to graduating on time, I'd go talk to your advisor about that and work out a plan. If you go to school year round for a year or two, I'm sure it can be done.

Angelic Phantom

jadedrenee
1s H o s h i
jadedrenee
1s H o s h i
jadedrenee

sweatdrop

Travel might make good fodder for the personal statement when it comes time to do grad school applications. As to graduating on time, I'd go talk to your advisor about that and work out a plan. If you go to school year round for a year or two, I'm sure it can be done.

Alright! Thank you so much for the guidance!
have you considered a study abroad program?

Questionable Borg

I would say it depends on your personality, I know if I left college, even for a semester that I would find things to occupy the time where school was, and never go back.

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Can you do college abroad?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers