Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I decided to have a go at coming up with an avatar those used fur but had a rough and tough appearance. Here's what I came up with:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'd love to know what you think of this avatar. Is there anything I should change or improve upon? Is this avatar more interesting than my current rocker guy avatar?

Vicious Bloodsucker

I'd like to see more shifty lookin' eyes, but yeah, way more interesting than your current open
mic night dude. Your current actually reminds me of a buddy that always played open mic
nights, the style, haircut, everything.
Tehmafrath Uzumaki
I'd like to see more shifty lookin' eyes, but yeah, way more interesting than your current open
mic night dude. Your current actually reminds me of a buddy that always played open mic
nights, the style, haircut, everything.

I'll have a look through Tektek and see if I can find any shifty eyes. Do you have any recommendations?
I guess the similarity of my current avatar to your friend is just a funny coincidence.
Also, thank you for posting. smile

Vicious Bloodsucker

No recommendations off hand, but I know there are some pretty shifty looking ones out there.
AAaaand, you're welcome. 3nodding

Crumbly Codger

Those eyes have always looked shifty to me xd I really like the idea, and how his huge coat could conceal any number of things. I just wish that there were more hand items that conveyed "thief", since he seems like he'd have moved on to bigger things than petty change. (Digging through tektek for suggestions, but doubtful there's anything better D:

And yes, that's more interesting than your current avatar. 3nodding
Macabeak
Those eyes have always looked shifty to me xd I really like the idea, and how his huge coat could conceal any number of things. I just wish that there were more hand items that conveyed "thief", since he seems like he'd have moved on to bigger things than petty change. (Digging through tektek for suggestions, but doubtful there's anything better D:

And yes, that's more interesting than your current avatar. 3nodding

Yeah, these current eyes do look dodgy. lol
The little bag of gold was just the first thing I could find that was suitable for what I was going for. Thanks for your help.

Vicious Bloodsucker

They do, but I was thinking more shifty, and a more matching, masculine look. Here are a few
possible options I think are along that line. Tektek

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
I don't think that the skull suits the thief all that well and the strapped weapons layer badly with the coat.
But there is some visual interest to be had with this avatar.
I could see it being pretty great with a bit of fine tuning.
Old Man Vee
I don't think that the skull suits the thief all that well and the strapped weapons layer badly with the coat.
But there is some visual interest to be had with this avatar.
I could see it being pretty great with a bit of fine tuning.

I disagree. I think the skull on the belt fits in with the character that I'm portraying within this avatar and the weapons have an interesting appearance.
However, if the skull does bother the avatar I could cover it with a brown belt and swap the weapons fro the satchel from travelling veterinaire

Timid Harvester

17,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I really like the overall look of it but I'm not a fan of the coins as it looks like he's a clumsy thief if he's just blatantly holding something that he's stealing. Also though the coloring of that hat is spot on, it looks a little too nice for the sketchy character you're portraying.

But most definitely YES, he is much more interesting than your current.
Hmm...you know what? He looks more like a mercenary than a thief. It would be the casual way he's holding the money (he'd be hiding it more carefully if he was a proper thief), and the weapon. Or a bandit, perhaps.

But yes, I think it's more interesting than your last one.

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
I think he's more the strongarm thug kind of thief, and I can get that. (even if others can't)
I think the problem with the skull belt is less that it's a skull and more that it's got a loincloth attached.

As for the weapon belts, I think that the way they attach just looks completely unrealistic. They'd be really good if they didn't layer OVER the flowing jacket.

Desirable Cutesmasher

You already know my opinion but I just gotta say it again. I really do love this avie and concept and I think the pipe is an awesome touch. The eyes are a smidge creepy but don't change em! heart

In a relationship with t3h marth

Versatile Shapeshifter

not digging the choice of weapons and i agree on the skull belt
somehting dark brown right there would look nicer imo
imo your current is better

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items