Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        ON the PROWL

Welcome to On the Prowl, a thread where we show off interesting avatar finds from the Shops Directory, that place where your avatar stands in front of the store. I originally made this as quick contest, but there were so many interesting finds, and people were enthusiastic enough about it that I decided to make a permathread. You can find the original thread here.

In This Thread, you can... ::
        idea Post surprisingly good, funny, or awful avatars you find in the Shops Directory, along with a brief description if you want.
        idea Post screenshots of multiple avatars together in an interesting way in the Shops Directory, along with a brief description if you want.
        idea Look at and comment on other people's finds.
        idea Tip your favorite finds to help them win prizes.
        idea Get tipped for posting great finds.
        idea Discuss the Shops Directory.

NOTE :: There are some HOF posts below, but I'm far too lazy to continue adding to it.
        So they remain there as a piece of history now.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        rules

General Rules ::
        arrow Be respectful to all.
        arrow Keep posts relevant to Shops Directory avatars; a bit of chatter is fine, but if it's more than a bit, take it to PMs.
        arrow The point is to share truly special finds, so make sure they aren't too generic!
        arrow Post no more than a few avatars per post, for the sake of the tipping system.
        arrow WARNING :: If you only copy the URL of the avatar you find, it will eventually change when the user changes their avatar. It's preferred (but not required) that you upload it. tinypic.com makes it easy to upload via URLs, so you don't even have to save the image.

Tipping Rules ::
        arrow Tip your most favorite finds to show your appreciation. Be selective; don't just tip every find that you like, only the best.
        arrow Do NOT tip a post more than once.
        arrow I will look to find the most tipped find for every 10 pages. This avatar will make it in the appropriate HoF, win a small prize, and be entered in the contest automatically.
        arrow If you tip a post that has more than one find in it, please let us know which one you're tipping for. If it's the winning post and I can't tell which find won, I'll let the poster decide which to use.
        arrow Because tipping is only used for the contest, only tips since the last chosen winner will help the poster. Tipping something on page 2 when there are 53 pages won't count for anything. (It would only count for pages 51-60.)

HoF Rules ::
        arrow The name under an avatar or screenshot will be the user who found it in the Directory, not the user who made the avatar.
        arrow HoF finds will be selected by me only, with the exception of the public's favorites HoF, which is selected through tipping.
        arrow I will decide which HoF a find belongs in.
        arrow Screenshots have their own HoF and will not be divided into awful, funny, and good.
        arrow To get in the public's favorites HoF, you must be the most tipped poster within a 10 page range (from a page ending with a 1 to the page ending with a 0).

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        COMPETING avatars (most TIPPED) -- poll-voters, look here!

For every 10 pages, the most tipped finds will be voted on to be the best of that section, should there be a tie. The winner receives 2k.

For every 50 pages, the winners from each 10 page section will go against each other here! The winner receives 5k.

Polls will last 3 days. Most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the poll will go on for another day.

To vote in the poll, pick the best from below ::

[no voting for now]

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        The Surprisingly Awful HoF

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

kimkat26 / Chamomile Catastrophe / Iokia

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        The Surprisingly Funny HoF

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bolsheviki / StrikeList / Chamomile Catastrophe / Kitt Koneko / Chamomile Catastrophe / Snickering Snark / Snickering Snark / Monsieur Amadi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Monsieur Amadi

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        The Surprisingly Good HoF

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sher!ock / Bolsheviki / Kitt Koneko / Snickering Snark / Kitt Koneko / Karmic Kelsie / HiddenHijinx / Kitt Koneko

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chamomile Catastrophe / Song of Sickness

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        The Screenshots HoF

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Iokia / Black_Daisys / even snakes have hearts / Karmic Kelsie / Monsieur Amadi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

kloud_krazy_XP / Song of Sickness

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
        The Public's Favorites HoF

p1-10
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Monsieur Amadi

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
scavenger hunt coming soon?
post to let me know if you like this idea

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50