Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Timid 100
Teacup Kotori
I see no theme just cream items thrown on a avatar. Change the skirt. It stands out no matter how you look at.

Change it? It looks stupid.
Ohhh...I see what this is. Well, catch you on the flip side. Have a nice day! (It's nearly Friday!)

Dapper Genius

La Petit Chouchou
Teacup Kotori
I see no theme just cream items thrown on a avatar. Change the skirt. It stands out no matter how you look at.

Ohhh...I see what this is. Well, catch you on the flip side. Have a nice day! (It's nearly Friday!)
Someone trying to help you?

You have a super day, the new avatar is super cute<3<3

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
I don't see how Eserel and PK don't see a theme.
Maybe if they're idea of a theme means that it tells a story,
then I can agree with that,
'cause I don't think it tells a story.
But I did see a theme in that it looks like an elegant rich girl,
perhaps dressed casually for her style.
Just 'cause the theme isn't original doesn't mean it's not there.

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
Pistols Contest Mule
La Petit Chouchou
Teacup Kotori

Someone trying to help you?

You have a super day, the new avatar is super cute<3<3
Yeah. wink

I will endeavor to have a better evening...if I can suffer through studying for tomorrow morning's test. Haha!

Thanks, by the way.

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
Sher!ock
I don't see how Eserel and PK don't see a theme.
Maybe if they're idea of a theme means that it tells a story,
then I can agree with that,
'cause I don't think it tells a story.
But I did see a theme in that it looks like an elegant rich girl,
perhaps dressed casually for her style.
Just 'cause the theme isn't original doesn't mean it's not there.
That's what I was thinking. I didn't particularly think it was original, but it definitely had a theme. You could tell it was supposed to have been some rich/wannabe chic girl all dolled up. It wasn't the most inspiring or creative, but I didn't think it matched that poorly either. (Aside from the cincher...) I thought the SLIGHTLY differing tones of cream would lend to the idea of shadows. If it was real life, the cream colors wouldn't all look the same unless you were standing under a spotlight. Oh well. To each his own. It's what I ask for when I ask for advice/comments/opinions.

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Lovely oversensitive a**l drama.

I didn't even have time to get popcorn, I was so captivated.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
marwolfer
Lovely oversensitive a**l drama.

I didn't even have time to get popcorn, I was so captivated.

Yeah...It was quite the spectacle, wasn't it? I tend to make poor choices when I feel I've been picked on/misunderstood and then ganged up on (considering how many people felt the need to </3 my thread). Guess I don't post enough in here.

Anyway, I sure ended up looking like an a**, huh? redface

Oh well. Today has been a bad day all around for me and there's always tomorrow.

P.S. There's still time for popcorn just for fun! Also, Rolos taste wonderful with popcorn.

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Eh, people </3 threads because we don't usually like a lot of drama here.

But sometimes a good ol' b***h fest is what us oldbies need. We just usually prefer to watch the carnage than join in. Kind of like Statler and Waldorf.
In fact, I'd wager most of the old AT kids are a lot like those old muppets. rofl

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
marwolfer
Eh, people </3 threads because we don't usually like a lot of drama here.

But sometimes a good ol' b***h fest is what us oldbies need. We just usually prefer to watch the carnage than join in. Kind of like Statler and Waldorf.
In fact, I'd wager most of the old AT kids are a lot like those old muppets. rofl

You would think I'd learn not to behave this way since I've been here (originally) since '03...and I'm well old enough to know better. Que sera sera, right?

Also, I love your muppets reference.

I also feel really bad, because I feel like I know everyone in AT since I lurk here so often. Haha!

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Yeah. The internets are hard because everyone gets up in arms so quickly.

I admit that I've been guilty of that sometimes. A couple of times I've literally had to leave my house so I wouldn't be tempted to get online and continue an argument! HAHA!

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
marwolfer
Yeah. The internets are hard because everyone gets up in arms so quickly.

I admit that I've been guilty of that sometimes. A couple of times I've literally had to leave my house so I wouldn't be tempted to get online and continue an argument! HAHA!

I'm trying so very hard not to reply to Eserel's last post (because it's illogical and ignores prior reasoning), so I know what you mean. (See what I did, there? I couldn't resist getting in another dig albeit indirectly. I think there's something wrong with me.) Haha! I may have to take a walk or just vow to actually start studying in order to forget about it.

It's funny, because I think that some of the people I've ended up fighting with on here are probably people that I would end up being friends with in real life. It's just so much harder to gauge/read a person when it's all through text. (Pun intended.)
User Image

********, I'm really glad I don't hang around AT/gaia anymore if this is the way people get treated for what seems to me like an innocent joke (I didn't see the original post but I'm guessing it hardly warranted this reaction). There was a time I'd relish this kind of drama but I guess I've grown up.

I'm sorry you came out of lurking for that kind of treatment.

Also, I'm not sure if you still want rates... I'm guessing you've changed your avatar. But I'll happily give one if you're still asking 3nodding

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
[Techi]
User Image

********, I'm really glad I don't hang around AT/gaia anymore if this is the way people get treated for what seems to me like an innocent joke (I didn't see the original post but I'm guessing it hardly warranted this reaction). There was a time I'd relish this kind of drama but I guess I've grown up.

Also, I'm not sure if you still want rates... I'm guessing you've changed your avatar. But I'll happily give one if you're still asking 3nodding

I can see how people may have construed my original post as "subliminal begging", but that's not how I had intended it, so I got really defensive about it. After that, I just couldn't quit. Haha! I think it's a family trait. Thanks for the sentiment, though. I appreciate it.

I did change it. Haha! This one is probably also pretty crappy, but in the interest of keeping this thread on track, feel free to rate it.

I adore your avi, by the way! It's so colorful and mysterious-feeling!
La Petit Chouchou
[Techi]
User Image

I can see how people may have construed my original post as "subliminal begging", but that's not how I had intended it, so I got really defensive about it. After that, I just couldn't quit. Haha! I think it's a family trait. Thanks for the sentiment, though. I appreciate it.

I did change it. Haha! This one is probably also pretty crappy, but in the interest of keeping this thread on track, feel free to rate it.

I adore your avi, by the way! It's so colorful and mysterious-feeling!
User Image

Thank you very much! I've not been able to get on Gaia for a while so I was afraid I was getting a bit rusty with avatars so I'm really happy with the positive feedback I've got for this whee

That's the AT spirit, keeping things on topic xd

Coming from a perspective that's really out of tune with Gaia's trends and stuff, this has an oddly comedic quality about it which I like... I think it's mainly the combo of the face and the legs. But the ears don't really make sense to me and the hair is too huge a mass of red, it seems really unnecessary and not in keeping with the character of the dress. It's also at a weird angle compared to the legs. I dunno, I guess it's not the most original thing I've seen but it's got potential to be a good, comedic avatar. Getting that clear theme or character or just general direction is what needs the most work, and then good aesthetics should come along with that.

Beloved Elocutionist

11,800 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
[Techi]
User Image

Thank you very much! I've not been able to get on Gaia for a while so I was afraid I was getting a bit rusty with avatars so I'm really happy with the positive feedback I've got for this whee

That's the AT spirit, keeping things on topic xd

Coming from a perspective that's really out of tune with Gaia's trends and stuff, this has an oddly comedic quality about it which I like... I think it's mainly the combo of the face and the legs. But the ears don't really make sense to me and the hair is too huge a mass of red, it seems really unnecessary and not in keeping with the character of the dress. It's also at a weird angle compared to the legs. I dunno, I guess it's not the most original thing I've seen but it's got potential to be a good, comedic avatar. Getting that clear theme or character or just general direction is what needs the most work, and then good aesthetics should come along with that.

Well, welcome back! smile

Thanks. I might try to tweak it, then! I think I became obsessed with this hair/face/leg combo since I made an "everyday" avatar with it (one meant to be simple and more of an original character sort of thing). It has clouded my judgment. I think I'll experiment with different hair and stuff...and ditch the ears! Haha!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff