Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which contestant?

D!sco~ 0.52941176470588 52.9% [ 18 ]
Mama_Avatar_Talk_Stalker 0.47058823529412 47.1% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 907 908 909 > >> >>> »|

Tipsy Fatcat

Mercenary Battlegrounds
A proving ground for ATers in a 1v1 contest plus rating!

Current Battle: 385
D!sco~ vs. Mama_Avatar_Talk_Stalker
User ImageUser Image
First to 10 votes wins!
Please take a screenshot if you see someone wins! Thank you!

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

1. Whatever I say goes.
2. Don't cheat with these contests, if I suspect as much, the contest will become void.
3. Follow ToS.
4. All mercenaries should have respect for one another.
5. Entries must be made with your own inventory. No tekteks or inventory search allowed.

Announcements:

10/2/14: A Halloween free-for-all has been added! Put up your creepiest, scariest, or funnest costumes to see who'll be getting the most candy on Halloween night!

7/2/14: Rates have been opened up again. They will be given out by Navean. No need to quote her - simply post what rate you want to receive!

6/17/14: The 300 free-for-all battle is now over! Congratulations to t3h marth for making the best Spartan warrior of the lot!

4/9/14: We are now accepting ideas for future free-for-all battles! Please post all ideas in thread or PM them to Navean!

4/9/14: We are finally doing the long-overdue 300th free-for-all battle. Be sure to get your votes in for the best Spartan warrior!

7/6/13: 2dy has taken over as the sole Top Mercenary for the highest win percentage. Congratulations!

6/28/13: A new Top Mercenary will be sharing the spotlight for highest win percentage: 2dy! Congrats!

6/24/13: A much belated 300th battle free-for-all has been added! The theme is Spartan warriors! We are open for entries for this FFA!

6/13/13: The rules limiting the number of waiting battles and how many avatars an individual can have waiting have been discontinued until further notice. Submit away, people!
6/12/13: We have a new Top Mercenary for most wins: SilverFalco! Congratulations!
2/28/13: We have a new (and hopefully temporary) rule. Please see the Rules post for details.
2/24/13: We have a new Top Mercenary for best win percentage, la gamine! Congratulations!
2/22/13: I've cleared out a bit of our backlog and we're ready to accept new entries again! Anyone who put up an avatar after entries closed is welcome to resubmit at this point.
2/19/13: Our 10 Upcoming Battle slots are now FULL. New entries will now be temporarily closed until we can get through some of the battles on deck. Anyone who submitted an avatar after slots filled up is welcome to submit again when entries reopen.
2/9/13: After 5 thrilling battles Team Pirate comes away with a 4-1 victory over Team Ninja! Nice job everyone.
2/6/13: Pirates vs. Ninjas teams are full and the battle is underway! Please see this post for more information as to how the matchups were decided. Have fun all!
2/5/13: Brought to you by suggestion of Lapsis Stella we are having a Pirates vs. Ninjas Free-For-All Challenge! This FFA will work a little differently than normal, so please see the Upcoming Battles post for details.
1/28/13: We have a new Top Mercenary for most total wins, Macabeak! Congratulations!
1/28/13: By a razor-thin margin, monosomy wins our 200th battle, the Steampunk Free-For-All. Congratulations to monosomy, and to all our entrants on a great battle!1/27/13: Steampunk FFA is now FULL and open to voting! Good luck entrants.
1/25/13: Steampunk Mercenary Free-For-All is now OPEN TO ENTRIES!!!

Hi guys. This is SilverFalco Navean. I volunteered to help Bagel/Mercenary K run the thread during this time when he can't be on as much. I hope you all can bear with me as I figure things out. Please PM me on my account (SilverFalco Navean) if you have any questions for me.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Each battle will go like this:

1.) There is no entry fee, and there is no prize for winning. Here we fight for pride, bragging rights, and most of all, for fun!
2.) Please save and host the image of the outfit you wish to be entered on photobucket, tinypic, or similar.
3.) Entries must be made with your own inventory: no tekteks or inventory search!
4.) Regular battles will be 1v1 and the first to 10 votes wins. Screenshots and/or text copies of wins are appreciated.
4.) In the event of a "tie" (no one posted proof of a win), the match is extended by 5 votes (i.e. to 15, 20, etc.) until a winner is decided.
6.) The winner gets a W added to their stats, and loser gets an L.
7.) Contestants will be first come first serve.
8.) Non-challenge battles will be determined in the order entries are recieved; there are exceptions, in the case of people asking to be or not to be matched up against someone specifically, or in the case that I decide certain avatars match up better visually, thematically, or otherwise.
9.) Entries will be accepted up to 10 upcoming battles, at which point entries will be CLOSED until we have 3 or fewer battles on deck. This is to avoid backups.
10.) Please also QUOTE NAVEAN OR MYSELF when you submit or risk being ignored.
11.) You may have no more than TWO avatars waiting for battles, and you may submit no more than ONE avatar at a time.

User Image

You can (and it's encouraged) to challenge others to battle:

1.) You may challenge anyone you like; a thread regular, a friend from another forum, or even a random person whose avatars you admire!
2.) You must issue the challenge in the thread and QUOTE the other person, stating your intent on challenging them; your opponent must accept your challenge in order for the battle to begin.
3.) If your opponent does not respond/does not wish to battle you, please don't pester them about it.
4.) You and your opponent may decide, if you wish, upon certain rules of the battle, i.e. both avatars must use x item, or which avatar has the better background, theme, etc.
5.) For fun, at the end of a challenge battle, the winner may ask for the loser to provide a link to their enviro so that the winner can create an avatar that the loser must wear for a brief time.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image
The mercenary with the most wins, and the mercenary with the highest winning percentage (10 battles) will be shown here.
Most Wins!
SilverFalco - 30
User Image
Highest Winning %
2dy - WIN% - .917
User Image

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

After every battle, the mercenaries' names and stats will be recorded.
The stats will include the numbers of wins, losses, and winning percentage (after 10 battles).
Anyone who battles will be recorded!

Click the banner to check the Rankings!

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

1.) D!sco~ vs. Navean
User ImageUser Image
2.) Mama_Avatar_Talk_Stalker vs. Navean
User ImageUser Image
3.) Indie Darling vs. Susue
User ImageUser Image
4.) D!sco~ vs. Susue
User ImageUser Image
5.) Susue vs. deepstaria
User ImageUser Image
6.) t3h marth vs. Navean
User ImageUser Image
7.) t3h marth vs. deepstaria
User ImageUser Image
8.) deepstaria vs.
User Image
9.) deepstaria vs.
User Image
10.)

Mercenary Free-For-All:
None currently

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image
My personal favorites will be showcased here, whether it be particular outfits or certain mercenaries.

User Image
NONE!
User Image
Crachiek | Macabeak | shagraths
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Rates by Navean
Pick two

Strength: Basic x/10.
Defense: Comments. No numbers involved.
Dexterity: What your mercenary stats are.
Armor: A poem.
Weaponry: A story.
Random Roll: Something completely different.

Tipsy Fatcat

Tipsy Fatcat

Mercenary K approves

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I want in on one of your contests, handsome.

Tipsy Fatcat

Seeky
I want in on one of your contests, handsome.

then you are the first one to enter the battlegrounds, i'll add you now.
if you'd like to challenge anyone, let me know and i'll quote them in here plus PM them.

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Naw, anyone at all who's brave enough to face me.

Tipsy Fatcat

Seeky
Naw, anyone at all who's brave enough to face me.

So be it.
As soon as the next person wishes to join, I'll notify both of you when the contest starts.

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items