Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you read the updated front page?

Yes 0.40453724151777 40.5% [ 2015 ]
Yeser 0.12487452318811 12.5% [ 622 ]
Yesest 0.47058823529412 47.1% [ 2344 ]
Total Votes:[ 4981 ]

Witty Nymph

Figured this one out while making my halloweenatar. biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

modus operandi + alruna's rose

I LOVE how the shapes/silhouettes of the skirts match up, and the bodices line up perfectly. <3
It also looks pretty spiffy with some of the other poses from Alruna, but the above is my fave. :3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Darling

User Image
      MAIN COMBO: Modus Operandi (mermaid's tail) + Mournful Wail (ghostly tresses) + Lady Lunar (sash)

jewelry: Pearls (default & bracelet left) + SC: Agape (ciel's signet ring) + Mujaji (circlet)
      face: #272 Majoko Mariko + #38O Hazmats Butterfly + Masquerade (red eyeshadow)
      tits: Misty Heart Clouds (chest puffs)
      BG: Royal Mariner (coral bank)

Finally, a wig that fully complements the Modus mermaid's tail! While the two items' hues do not match perfectly (in part because Wail isn't transparent), the cumulative effect is iridescent. I was also particularly taken by the soft billowing shapes of both locks and fins, lending the avatar an illusion of buoyancy. Lady Lunar's floating sash not only fills out the empty space by the left arm, it also "clothes" the mermaid while paradoxically emphasizing her nudity.

Minor Notes: Royal Mariner background illustrates a rather obvious underwater scene, but also solidifies Lady's sash, which would otherwise begin spitting gobs of green goo everywhere. The tiny gems of Pearls & Mujaji mirror both the fine scales of the tail and each other, especially in the looped necklace strands and draped circlet. Meanwhile Pearls' shells complement the mermaid's dramatic makeup. Agape ring adds weight to the left hand and echoes the neutral Misty chest puffs. #272 eyes tie the avatar's muted palette together but remain the most luminous single item equipped, creating a lively expression.

not included: Yemaya's Pearl (under the sea) layers with Royal Mariner background, muting the bright pixels and creating a stronger underwater effect. But on its own, Yemaya has shadowed sand near the avatar's feet, and mermaids swim, not sink.

Bonus points; Mariner is significantly cheaper (which is why I don't have a Yemaya to layer with -- yet)

Edit: Thanks for the tips!

Gambino Gaian

This isn't a perfect match, so it probably hasn't appeared in this thread previously.

User Image

Main combo is Petit Cheie (skirt) and Gogh Reed (Leafy Dress)
Other items are Checkmate, Sainte Ciel: Agape, Masquerade and Reve Rouille

That dress has annoyed me ever since I got the Gogh, just because it opens directly under the bosom. It's not ideal and the backside looks really wonky, but it covers your panties without showing the midriff and it's the same shade of green as the bottom half of the dress.

Several other Petit Cherie poses also match the Leafy poses from Gogh Reed.

Witty Nymph

Another discovery from my Halloween endeavor is how to work around that weird shade of green on the eyes of the day of the dead skin:

Main combo: Day of the Dead + Case of Pietro (thief's eyeblack) + Scarlet Mist

Outfit combo: Blackjax + Starlit Promise

This gets rid of the green circles around the eyes that almost always look terrible (if you pair the skin and makeup with large eyes and the Little Lucie eyelashes it works even better.) The lips give it a sexy smile, but you can stick with the classic skull smile too if you prefer.

The outfit stuff is just a way to get that green covered so you don't have to incorporate it, these are the least invasive black garments I've found but there are plenty out there to choose from.

Day of the Dead + Case of Pietro (thief's eyeblack) + Peisinoe's Discant

If you like the green, I discovered that this combo works really well to get green into the face makeup while still hiding the ugly green eye-circles.

Gambino Gaian

Kuyusi
-snip-

Your Alruna post inspired me to play around with the item myself and I noticed this:

User Image
Alruna's Rose (Coat), Enchanted Book (red gown)
The Case of Pietro, Sainte Ciel: Agape, Sainte Ciel: Eros

It has probably been posted at some previous Halloween seeing how old the items are, but it looks pretty neat. Adding a bust enhancer like Rosamund's Revenge gives it some extra lift, though unfortunately the Alruna unequips a lot of items I would typically use to cover the arms.

Dapper Darling

I never share my favourite combos until I've retired the avatar, but this was too gorgeous (and relatively easy to recreate) to pass up.
      User Image
      COMBO: Mujaji + Black Maggie (dress) + Compass of Seidh (owner's top) + Kanoko's Nightmares (bolero)

Mujaji has elegant draping, but the effect has always been spoiled by the triangular shape of the dress, which looks disproportionate on an avatar with 3/4 perspective. The sheer fabric helps, but because the hem ends above the base's toes, there are very few shoes that match the garment but avoid creating a starched, artificial hemline. Enter Maggie's dress, which layers seamlessly under Mujaji in both shade and form. The folds at the base peek out perfectly under Mujaji's hem and echo the draping around the breasts; the overall effect is of water running up hill, elongating the body by drawing the viewer's eye up. Seidh's top blends with the sweetheart neckline and matches the detailing on the central drape. This is the dress of a sophisticated woman covered from neck to toe, while leaving little to the imagination.

The flaring shoulders of KN's bolero covers the green clasps of Maggie's dress while balancing the wider base. I also like how the silver embroidery mirrors Mujaji's tiny pixel diamonds, but I dislike that including KN adds +6m to the price tag. Cheaper solutions?

Minor notes: Bed Hair was the only wig I had that didn't block the neck or shoulders; from there everything else fell into place.

Giving a halloween treat to the 1st person to name the reference.

suckerrrr no cheating

Here's my full avatar, sans itemized list:
      User Image

EDIT: Thanks for the tips!

Gnarwhalrus's Comrade

Questionable Wrangler

Ophidian Orpheus
-snip-

The last one is really good! Great use of items c:

Gambino Gaian

I don't know if this was posted last year but I didn't find out about this until today.
User Image
Jack's 2k9 Creepy Claws and Jack's 2k11 Gloves layer over each other for a nice yellow/orange combo.

Yeah, you may have noticed but I mostly work with old items. It's the dreadful result of being around for many years but mostly being on hiatus...

Eloquent Bibliophile

16,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
combo: lunar countess (wig) + donkeyskin (sky gown)
full avatar:
User Image
also pictured: majoko mariko (eyes), lovely lucie (young lady's cosmetics), devoted spica (stardust chemise), zodiacal (cancer child of the moon). astra:31 crystal wings were supposed to be included but since the animation was on, they did not show up. ><

Slumbering Tengu

I guess some pretty obvious stuff but here's some love for those new cash items

Eventide Condottiere + Ghastly Triplet
User Image
Dimmet Legionnaire + Bitter Black
User Image
(Dimmet is technically white/purple while BB is cream/purple but from far away you really can't tell)

Beau

Thanks for the tips.
User Image

Just discovered this. They oddly go very well together lol.

Ebony and Ivory + Sanguine Shiek
(the bottoms you partially see are the Runcible Spoon)

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
User Image
Von Helson Militia Coat + Pistolera

Witty Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Timid 100
Do you ever wonder if there's
something wrong with us?
-xx

Obvious combo is obvious.

User Image
Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy + Melodious Witchcraft

User Image

Tipsy Bard

17,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • That One Hero 500
  • Dressed Up 200
Carmine(top) and Women's Fall Collection(dress) make a great dress!

User Image
Edit: thanks for the tips!

Predestined Survivor

11,525 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

Since it is all most halloween and I just love scary avatars here is a full combo. The Tropical Disease pose West Nile Pestilence makes a bad a** zombie skin ..so many awesome ways you could go with this emotion_zombie
Beastly Tattoo

Castaway Rust Shorts

Vampire's Drained Victim

Neutral Starter Pirate Shirt

Erlking Ears Type Green

Zombie's Final Mutation

Blackened Blood

Tropical Disease-West Nile Pestilence

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff