Welcome to Gaia! ::

Backwoods Sage

Hello AT! A lot of my recent avatars have been inspired by the grandeur and excess of various royal courts throughout history, so I thought it might be fun to theme some rates around the subject too.

Take your pick from the options below. Please select a max of three rates.

Legitimate Heirs - A simple numerical rate, from 1 to 10
The Golden Age - What I like about your avatar. Be sure to commend the royal couturier!
A Downtrodden Dynasty - Uh oh, your regal cloak is looking a little threadbare. I'll point out areas of your avatar that could be improved
Court Gossip - General commentary on your avatar, including suggestions if I can think of any. Essentially a combination of the previous two options
Heraldry - I'll describe your royal coat of arms
Let them eat cake! - I'll discuss the events of your reign, as told by the history books. May include glorious conquests, shameful scandals and baffling decrees, to name but a few.

wahmbulance Just to clarify, if I have "dnp" anywhere in the thread title PLEASE DO NOT POST (unless you want to comment on or question the rate I gave you). I always open the thread back up after I get through the backlog, so if you really want a rate please hang on till then. Thanks. wahmbulance

golden age + court gossip

full realism, btw
              plausible fashiiiion

sqoobie's Husband

Swashbuckling Abomination

17,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i'll take Heraldry and LET THEM EAT CAKE.

Backwoods Sage

ugIy en fat
I love the vibrant colours you've used, it's a treat for the eyes! I also really like how you've incorporated little areas of texture in a consistent way - it's visually interesting without being overpowering.

In general, I think you've got a great thing going on with that avatar. The blend of realism and character is definitely a success. I'm in two minds about whether you should have something on the head - it's not empty, but it might benefit from something simple like a Hippie Headband.

Tuesday Mournings
Your coat of arms features a navy blue raven on a field of white, quartered with black.

King Tuesday of Mournvale is best remembered for his unpredictable sense of humour, which sometimes interfered with diplomatic matters. During the wedding of his daughter to the prince of a neighbouring kingdom, he famously ordered that the court jester should be seated at the high table in place of the groom. The wedding was a diplomatic disaster, but the young couple's union prevented a war between the two kingdoms. The prince, however, never forgot this slight and was likely complicit in the king's eventual death by poisoning. This event is today remembered as The Embarrassment at Mournvale.

Super Star

Rothbart

Ooh, this looks fun. Can I get Court Gossip, Heraldry, and Let them eat cake?
Dagnabbit all this talk of cake is making me hungry :/

High-functioning Witch

37,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Legitimate Heirs, Heraldry, & Let them eat cake!
Please.
emotion_kirakira

Backwoods Sage

Idzuno
Rothbart

Ooh, this looks fun. Can I get Court Gossip, Heraldry, and Let them eat cake?
Dagnabbit all this talk of cake is making me hungry :/
I like your avatar a lot, it has a great theatrical look to it, like something from a Kabuki play. The colour combination is striking and I think it's pretty well distributed throughout.
I think you could maybe make the face a little more eye-catching though. Something fairly subtle like Furious Lost Boy or Paradise Lost would really help the eyes pop. As it is, the face doesn't seem quite as interesting as the other aspects of your avatar.

Your coat of arms features a golden fox on crimson, quartered with three orange cherry blossoms on black.

Empress Idzuno ruled a country famed for its shipbuilding. The light construction and fan-like sails of these vessels allowed them to manouver around enemy armadas with ease. The Empress was known for her compassion and pacifism, as well as being a shrewd negotiator. She was responsible for the creation of the 'Spice Sea Treaty' which provided mutually agreeable terms for her country and its neighbours, ending their years-long skirmishes and disputes over naval trade routes. As a token of peace, she had her war fleet moved to an inland lake near the capital, to forever remain there as a symbol of diplomacy. To this day, it is an annual tradition for the people of the city to paint designs and patterns on the sails of the ships, which are kept in beautiful condition by shipwrights.

Demonic Seeker

Ooooh
Court gossip, heraldry and Let them eat cake!
Or any of the three, which ever suit you.

Your av is absolutely fantastic by they way.

Super Star

Rothbart
I like your avatar a lot, it has a great theatrical look to it, like something from a Kabuki play. The colour combination is striking and I think it's pretty well distributed throughout.
I think you could maybe make the face a little more eye-catching though. Something fairly subtle like Furious Lost Boy or Paradise Lost would really help the eyes pop. As it is, the face doesn't seem quite as interesting as the other aspects of your avatar.

Your coat of arms features a golden fox on crimson, quartered with three orange cherry blossoms on black.

Empress Idzuno ruled a country famed for its shipbuilding. The light construction and fan-like sails of these vessels allowed them to manouver around enemy armadas with ease. The Empress was known for her compassion and pacifism, as well as being a shrewd negotiator. She was responsible for the creation of the 'Spice Sea Treaty' which provided mutually agreeable terms for her country and its neighbours, ending their years-long skirmishes and disputes over naval trade routes. As a token of peace, she had her war fleet moved to an inland lake near the capital, to forever remain there as a symbol of diplomacy. To this day, it is an annual tradition for the people of the city to paint designs and patterns on the sails of the ships, which are kept in beautiful condition by shipwrights.

emotion_kirakira
Thanks for the advice. Lost Boy doesn't show up (covered by the hair and equipped eyeshadow, as near as I can tell), but Paradise Lost... now that's definitely an interesting effect. I'll have to do some thinking; it ends up looking rather more animalistic than elegant, but that's not entirely unfitting. It's very cool-looking, in any case. Thanks for suggesting it!

Backwoods Sage

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Please.
emotion_kirakira
9/10

Your coat of arms is an intricate arrangement of 1984 tiny fleur de lis on a field of fuchsia. The reason for the number is disputed by historians, but the prevailing theory is that it represents the 'myriad of beneficente giftes' allegedly bestowed on the monarchs of this kingdom by god, as written in medieval texts.

This queen was known by the regnal name of Theresa Centia, as she was the hundredth monarch of her line. She was a devout queen, trusting that her reign was blessed and that god was ruling the kingdom through her. Having suffered from fits and hallucinations since childhood, she became convinced that they were instructions from heaven and spent her days sequestered with clerics, trying to discover some meaning in her visions. This led to many bizarre laws and decrees, some surviving to the present day as curious legal quirks. For example, pet birds are still legally entitled to inherit money from their owners due to Theresa's insistence that a portion of the royal jewellery would pass to her songbird upon her death.

High-functioning Witch

37,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Rothbart
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Please.
emotion_kirakira
9/10

Your coat of arms is an intricate arrangement of 1984 tiny fleur de lis on a field of fuchsia. The reason for the number is disputed by historians, but the prevailing theory is that it represents the 'myriad of beneficente giftes' allegedly bestowed on the monarchs of this kingdom by god, as written in medieval texts.

This queen was known by the regnal name of Theresa Centia, as she was the hundredth monarch of her line. She was a devout queen, trusting that her reign was blessed and that god was ruling the kingdom through her. Having suffered from fits and hallucinations since childhood, she became convinced that they were instructions from heaven and spent her days sequestered with clerics, trying to discover some meaning in her visions. This led to many bizarre laws and decrees, some surviving to the present day as curious legal quirks. For example, pet birds are still legally entitled to inherit money from their owners due to Theresa's insistence that a portion of the royal jewellery would pass to her songbird upon her death.
I love it. Especially the pet bird part.
Thank you.
emotion_yatta

Backwoods Sage

Lmih Thwill
Ooooh
Court gossip, heraldry and Let them eat cake!
Or any of the three, which ever suit you.

Your av is absolutely fantastic by they way.
Ooh, pretty interesting. It sort of looks like you're either creating a solar system or controlling the movement of the stars in some way. The glowing tattoo is a good touch - maybe try adding the tattoos from Forteanagoria or Captive Syrma too. I feel like the visible parts of the body don't have quite as much interesting detail as the rest, so those items might help with that. Maybe swap out the arms you have for Kuiper Belt, I think it'll help make the pose look much more dynamic. A good, solid avatar overall, a little bit of finishing will make it great. smile

Your coat of arms features the slender crescent of an eclipsed sun on a field of black, surrounded by ten white stars.

Queen Lmih ruled a northern kingdom. Summers were brief and the dark of winter stretched onwards for most of the year, so her people worshipped the stars as their guardians and benefactors. It was tradition in the kingdom to perform human sacrifices - the superstitious peasants at the time believed that the stars were the eyes of gods, forever watching and demanding tribute. Lmih was uncomfortable with this barbaric ritual and sent for an astronomer for a far away country. He tutored her day and night on the wonders of the night sky, and Lmih would go on to write her own treatise on celestial bodies. Believing that rational thinking would prevail, she forbade human sacrifice and attempted to teach the commoners the dominant scientific theories of the time. The peasants were furious with Lmih, denouncing her as a heretic. She was forced to flee her kingdom and disappeared into obscurity. Little was said of Lmih for many hundreds of years until her treatise was discovered in the castle's vaults twenty years ago. She was posthumously credited for her remarkably progressive astronomic studies and the Lmih Observatory was built to honour her.

And thanks very much!
Idzuno
Ah yeah, Lost Boy doesn't always layer well. Glad you like the suggestion, see if it works out for you. smile

Demonic Seeker

Rothbart
Ooh, pretty interesting. It sort of looks like you're either creating a solar system or controlling the movement of the stars in some way. The glowing tattoo is a good touch - maybe try adding the tattoos from Forteanagoria or Captive Syrma too. I feel like the visible parts of the body don't have quite as much interesting detail as the rest, so those items might help with that. Maybe swap out the arms you have for Kuiper Belt, I think it'll help make the pose look much more dynamic. A good, solid avatar overall, a little bit of finishing will make it great. smile

Oooh thanks for the suggestions! I've been looking for different arms for a while, but they all end up removing the Galaxy behind. Kuiper belt is pretty clunky actually, it unfortunately doesn't fit the rest.

I'll have a look at the other suggestions though smile

She's meant ot be a sort of creator of galaxies.

Rothbart

Your coat of arms features the slender crescent of an eclipsed sun on a field of black, surrounded by ten white stars.

Ooh, that sounds lovely.

Rothbart

Queen Lmih ruled a northern kingdom. Summers were brief and the dark of winter stretched onwards for most of the year, so her people worshipped the stars as their guardians and benefactors. It was tradition in the kingdom to perform human sacrifices - the superstitious peasants at the time believed that the stars were the eyes of gods, forever watching and demanding tribute. Lmih was uncomfortable with this barbaric ritual and sent for an astronomer for a far away country. He tutored her day and night on the wonders of the night sky, and Lmih would go on to write her own treatise on celestial bodies. Believing that rational thinking would prevail, she forbade human sacrifice and attempted to teach the commoners the dominant scientific theories of the time. The peasants were furious with Lmih, denouncing her as a heretic. She was forced to flee her kingdom and disappeared into obscurity. Little was said of Lmih for many hundreds of years until her treatise was discovered in the castle's vaults twenty years ago. She was posthumously credited for her remarkably progressive astronomic studies and the Lmih Observatory was built to honour her.

That sounds really awesome, thanks so much for writing this for me heart
May I have aThe Golden Age,A Downtrodden Dynasty , and a Court Gossip please?

Alien Sex Symbol

our avatars could totes be courting one another,
could I have royal gossip and let them eat cake?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff