Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Codger

conTEST

Hello AT
          I've been having this idea for a contest for a few days now
          so I'm trying to find a way of making it work.
          The reason for this contest is to test if the methods I have thought of
          would work on a long-term contest.

• The contest will last 3 days, starting from the moment I get all the contestants I need.
        • There's no entry fee. The winner will get 3,000g.
        • I'm not sure if I want/need another judge, but PM me if you're interested. I won't hire people I don't know. Sorry, but I don't have the time to test your rating skills for a 3-day contest.
        • There will be only one round per contest. There's a waitlist in case you want to be informed when the next contest starts, so let me know if you want me to put you there. Waitlist is not insta-join. You need to PM me the form again to join when the next contest starts.

Judges for this round: Io[dream.eater] || Sifen Yamishi || ??

A further comment on Dream Free
Social Bondage, from the AVATAR ASSEMBLY LINE thread
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
well let me explain what we mean a bit. The above avatar has two layerings inconsistent with Gaia, one we'd accept and another we wouldn't.

In the top half, the gogh reed and fleece vest are both "vest" layer, and thus can't equip. But many people would agree, that the gogh reed desert wrap often serves as a sort of belt or sash for avatars, and roughly would rarely look as ridiculous as actually wearing two vests simultaneously. For that reason, we'd accept this layering.

On the bottom, we see a pair of jeans layered over another pants layer in a way that looks ridiculous. The underlying pants can't even be distinguished as pants, or as anything that the avatar might actually be wearing. It is simply a blob of color, which just so happens to still be visible after the second pants are awkwardly layered above it.

If, say, we had taken the SP work pants and layered them UNDERNEATH those jack puffed pants, the layering would be much more realistic, as the sp work pants would look more like a second pair of pants that are sometimes worn underneath puffed breeches.

But over, it becomes awkward and forced.

Beloved Codger

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Make an avatar using all of the following items (any pose):
          • The Jabberwock
          • Cig
          • Runcible Spoon
          • Imaginary Friend
          • The Nightmare

All styles are accepted.
          Tektek is allowed, but keep the layering somewhat realistic.
          The search feature on the dress up page is allowed as well.
          PM all entries to me. Entries posted on the thread will be disqualified.

After the contest is over (judging and all), you'll receive a PM from me with a series of questions. They are obviously not mandatory and you're free to ignore them. But, since these contests are something like a market investigation for a long term contest, I'd be thankful if you could answer them and send them back to me ~

Beloved Codger

ENTRIES || JUDGING

one. crachiek
          User Image

-Judging-
          Score: 72/100
          This is a rather nice and striking military avatar, especially giving it a faceless appeal with that helmet. I love this, but it feels a bit too simple. Not good, but not quite bad. Kudos though for a decent attempt!

Score: 89/100
          I love this! I love how simple it is, I love the military aesthetics and I absolutely love a darkblue+black combo. Great work!

FINAL SCORE: 80,5

two. riigmor

-Judging-
          Score: 100/100
          Ornate eleganza orgasm at it's finest. I love clutter and this neon knick-nack of sorts makes me smile. Way to go!

Score: 74/100
          I seriously cannot bring myself to like this type of avi. I agree it looks cute but the uncluttered bits (like the shorts) pop out too much to me. It’s not bad, but it’s not particularly appealing to me.

FINAL SCORE: (-15pt before mean) 79,5

three. marwolfer
          User Image

-Judging-
          Score: 98/100
          The dark blues create a nice contrast to the pastel pink and white, which is just gorgeous. Having her smoke makes me giggle a bit, as if she's classy, yet not so. Something is off, but I am unsure what that is. Still, lovely work!

Score: 83/100
          Is that a mustache?

FINAL SCORE: 90,5

four. mama_tektek

-Judging-
          Score: 45/100
          Strike 1, no mouth. Strike 2, it doesn't have that oomph to it. Strike 3, feels lacking. No other color to balance the white and black here. Feels really weak honestly. I do like the punk rock feel to it, but I'm not liking this honestly.

Score: 32/100
          I’m honestly both surprised and disappointed by this avi. What happened, Mama? Your avis are usually so cute, and this is really bad. Those eyes and hair look terrible with the white skin, and what’s up with the metalhead look?

FINAL SCORE: 38,5

five. cherry ave

-Judging-
          Score: 50/100
          Feels really beginner-esque and the headpiece just sticks out like a sore thumb. Your color coordination teeters between failure and success as well. Feels like you coughed this up, then gave up in the end.

Score: 45/100
          Ehhhh, not a fan. I agree with the other judge, it looks pretty basic. Your colors are also all over the place. It seems you seemed to have an interesting idea when you started. It just never came to be.

FINAL SCORE: 47,5

Judging
  • Judging is on a scale from 1 to 100. The final score will be the average of all judges' scores. Avatars will be judged depending on whatever aspects the judges think are important. Judges are free to break down their scores in different items if they prefer it that way. A comment accompanying the judging should be submitted as well.
  • Beloved Codger

CONTESTANTS

JOINING FORM
            PM me this form to join. Posted forms will be ignored.
            [b]Username:[/b]
            [b]Headshot:[/b]
            [b]Favorite item:[/b] Pick ONE. It can be an item with several poses, or a single pose from an item.
            [b]Most hated item:[/b] Pick ONE. It can be an item with several poses, or a single pose from an item.
            [b]Want to be on the waitlist?:[/b]

one. crachiek
            User Image

two. riigmor
            User Image

three. marwolfer
            User Image

four. mama_tektek
            User Image

five. cherry ave
            User Image

[might add more]

Waitlist:
        • riigmor
        • marwolfer
        • mama_tektek
        • cherry ave

Beloved Codger

PAST CHALLENGES

Nothing yet

Beloved Codger

User Image ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

And that's enough!
          Setting up now~

ρεω ρεω ρεω

Beloved Codger

User Image ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

And dooone! 4laugh

ρεω ρεω ρεω

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
    • Threadmaster 200
    • Inquisitor 200
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    ninja heart

Ice-Cold Shoujo

Smitten Risk-Taker

Golden Gawker

>>>: 4th! Hahahahahaa!! classified_fu

*rolls away in a barrel*

Beloved Codger

emotion_awesome

Fashionable Vampire

-tackles down Io-
    Got your PM.
    : D

Super Cat

14,875 Points
    • Nerd 50
    • Heckler 50
    • Ultimate Player 200
    So what is this?
    I don't see any details about the kind of contest to expect.

Beloved Codger

Sher!ock
    So what is this?
    I don't see any details about the kind of contest to expect.

It's a surprise!
          emotion_awesome
          I'm not sure what I can say without giving away the challenge :I

ρεω ρεω ρεω

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items