Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hesitant Mystic

If you don't mind purple...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Faust's Bottle: 56million

two Adumbral Empress': 100k

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Had some more time...
User Image
This time it's almost exclusively GS items used in the substitutes. From left to right:
A Frilled Pink Top, Ghostly White Shredded Skirt, and Black Glamrock Belt (9k together) make a nice substitute for the Rock Angel dress (264k).
A pretty basic one, Red Lowtoppies and Faded Denim Tight Jeans (8k together) as a replacement for Wolf of Southtown's pants (534k).
Flashion Purple Star Stockings, Obsidian High Elf Sash, Beat Slim Black Shoes, and Neutral Starter Rocker Girl Top (5k together)... kinda look like Velvetine's Reading (305k), uh, if you squint... and look at the images from the other end of the room... a bit.
The combination of Glittering Mango Carnival Skirt and Berry Tavern Wench's Bustier (8k together) looks like the SD+ Fiametta dress (495k).
And the Prisoner's Ball and Chain, Black Raggedy Doll Striped Stockings and Audrey's Black Strap Heels (7k together) make a nice substitute for Dominika's high heels (189 k).
Also, they're all under 10k at the moment - could be good for new users.

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
teaparty in space
If you don't mind purple...
Faust's Bottle: 56million

two Adumbral Empress': 100k

Nice! I wanted to find a substitute for Faust's Bottle, too, but I couldn't really find anything. Yours looks great!

Darling Agent

23,225 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
TheTallerOne

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.

♥ Yesh. And I was so happy with the White Sable coat *^*
I know it's not from the gold shop, but it's like it is to me, since everyone could make it smile
They should make more high quality items at a good price.

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Buttercream Pendragon
TheTallerOne

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.

♥ Yesh. And I was so happy with the White Sable coat *^*
I know it's not from the gold shop, but it's like it is to me, since everyone could make it smile
They should make more high quality items at a good price.

Yeah... only problem is, then I'll spend more gold than is good for me. And I can't use zOMG!, or any other game save for one or two, so I can't get it back that easily... that's why I started thinking about cheap substitutes, personally.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

12,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
The last batch for today... getting a headache from the weather.
User Image
From left to right:
The Storm King's crown and blue Electric Sparks (88k) as a substitute for Mortality Memory (3.4 million).
The Skipper's Black Jacket, Frontier Skies Wind Medal and Marquis Laurent (109k) make a nice replacement for the Alexi Regalia coat (279k)... of course, you can add more medals if you got some lying around, and if you want to save A LOT of gold, use the Vice Admiral's Silver Sash, but it's the wrong way around.
A pretty simple one: the White Neko Cosplay ears and White Bakeneko Tail (72k) look just like Tsurara the Demon Cat's ears and tail. You can use the opposite route for black ears and tail: Kokutan the Demon Cat's ears and a Black Bakeneko Tail could be a substitute for the Black Neko Cosplay.
By combining a Frilled Orange Top, Dashing Gentleman Sardonyx Sash, and Noel's Gift feather skirt (497k), you get something that sorta looks like the Sweet Porridge dress (630k).
The last one might be subjective, but I think that Mascherato's mask (45k) has almost as much of a creepy factor as Slender's mask (4 million).

Sparkly Fairy

Read All Over
User Image
******** yo backwings, Gaia.

Gift Box: 5k

Just came back after a break and saw this! Just bought one for 2k biggrin Nice pair of wings.

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
i wanted the haunted gentleman mask, but I got the other gentleman's mask.

Darling Agent

23,225 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Read All Over
User Image
******** yo backwings, Gaia.

Gift Box: 5k

♥ That's fantastic! I always use this and The Great old's one for the demonic version :3

Hesitant Mystic

TheTallerOne
teaparty in space

Nice! I wanted to find a substitute for Faust's Bottle, too, but I couldn't really find anything. Yours looks great!
thanks! I'm glad you like it emotion_c8

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
Sachie Whitby
Read All Over
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/anrichuu/cute-3.png

Rainy Day is around 4-5 million...
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7767/tek4f195eee113930746521.png

Handsome Lech + The Magician = 125k (underwear added for modesty
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7266/tek4f195e97724273271072.png

only problem is that you can't layer much underneath this combo.
addicted to cute s**t

This is another one I'm going to have to disagree with for pretty much the same reason as I disagreed with the last one. Rainy Day is one of those fandom items thus why it costs so much. If you're specifically looking for something that looks like that specific jacket, nothing on Gaia is going to work as a substitution.

However if all you're looking for is a black jacket and don't care about the fandom aspect of Rainy Day, I'd suggest going with Dream Town.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6489/tek4f1b76b85fb4a9515549.png

Yes it does have a white shirt underneath, but it doesn't have tuxedo tails like The Magician.

well, to be frank, the cheap alternatives have nothing to do with the fandoms. If the fans prefer a certain item simply because they're fans or want to cosplay, then they can surely quest and all that jazz, while the rest of us can find satisfaction with cheaper alternatives to looks that we like, instead of the references.

I like the Rainy Day jacket because of the way it frames the face and almost makes it look like the avatar has a neck, and that is also why I like my substitution. It has nothing to do with fandoms because this thread is not about fandoms, it is about accomplishing similar looks for less gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff