Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

Greetings, avatar makers.
This is a single-elimination contest that will whittle down the crowd until we can crown one of you the Avatar Genius.
yes autio has been watching sweet genius.

Avatar only, NO tektek, host your own images. Inventory search will be allowed.
2K entry fee [and if anyone drops out, I will not be pleased.], 50k prize, plus art of an avatar of your choice.

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

User Image
I'm Autio Ainoa, avatar afficionado.
You can call me Autio or Ellie. I've been around the AT for many years, and seen a talent come and go, but true genius is something entirely different.
I will be your judge and jury here.

This contest is designed to challenge your limits and make you think outside the box. You will find yourself frustrated, but that will only make you stronger.
Each challenge I will assign an inspiration, be it an image, a video, a piece of music or literature, or some combination of the above, as well as two required items, which may or may not relate in any way to the inspiration. It will be your job to synthesize them into a work of art, proving your genius.

Do you have what it takes to be crowned Avatar Genius?

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

User Image
Catanaition N. D.
"This is what I do on Gaia. I believe in myself and the feedback I get lets me think my confidence isn't without cause."

User Image
Jamais Changeant
"Gaia is my creative outlet and I'm always looking for a bigger challenge, new inspiration, and a chance to test myself."

User Image
Black_Daisys
"I think I've got a unique style and I love to make avis. Lately I've found myself preferring gaia-kosher layering more and more so I feel I'm more than ready to take on this challenge and go up against the best of the best."

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

You must submit a hosted image, resized to 120x150 if saved out of dressing room, and may submit a short description of how your avatar relates to the inspiration.

Your inspiration:
User Image

For this round, you must make three avatars that are in some way related to each other as well as to the theme. Though I've listed required items in groups, you may mix and match them as you choose as long as there are two on each avatar. Please specify which items you've used when you submit. c:

Required items:
Regal Duet Jacket or Checkered Duet Jacket and Bao, any color.
Sequined Feather Mask, any color, and Dark Elf boots, any color.
Tavern Wench skirt, any color, and Starter Pirate Bandana, any color.

Due Friday, April 6th.

Are you the Avatar Genius? It's time to prove your mettle!

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

Judging Rubric
        Aesthetics /10
        Creativity/use of theme /10
        Use of challenge items /5

Catanaition N. D.
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        The Princess
        A lonely girl with the voice of an angel. She fell in love with The Letter Carrier whose loyalty and steadfastness never wavered. She was taken to Hell by The Beast Prince and rescued by The Letter Carrier, her voice turning back the tide of war on the enemy as together she and he Letter Prince rose from the underworld.

The Letter Carrier
        A village boy without the money to become a knight, who instead turned is brave heart to delivering the thoughts of the nation. He had long ago fallen in love with The Princess and vowed to end her loneliness through his deliveries to her. “Neither snow, nor heat, nor darkest night shall stay me from my duty to my kingdom… or to you.” He made this promise to always return to her side. He rescued The Princess by walking through Hell, following her pure voice and his own heart which, together, broke through the illusions and hardships set upon him by the Beast Prince.

The Beast Prince
        A demon who was defeated by a will stronger than his own. He took The Princess so that her heavenly voice could not turn back his armies as he led them to her Kingdom’s doorstep. He locked her within a gilt cage and threw it into the deepest depths of Hell, where he though her voice could no long reach any being… he did not count on the power of love.

Judge 1
        Aesthetics 8/10
        Creativity/use of theme 8/10
        Use of challenge items 5/5

I like the Asian flair and your avoidance of the stereotypical “princess” items. Really pretty colors, too.

Aesthetics 7/10

You pulled off one of the most difficult things to do in avatar making, in my opinion – making a male character on a female base – fairly successfully here. However, I really don’t like the fascinator, and why does he have both glasses and goggles?

Aesthetics 9 /10
        Creativity/use of theme 9/10

The texture and subtle gold detailing is wonderful. I like the way his lower half kind of fades into the background, it really puts him into the scene.

Overall cohesion 9/10

You’ve really built a world here and I want to read this story.

Total 73/85

Judge 2
        Aesthetics 10/10
        Cohesion 8/10

Total 31/35

Grand Total :: 104/120

Jamais Changeant
        User ImageUser ImageUser Image
        Puss :: Miller's Son (in prince clothes) :: Princess
        Inspired by the plot of Puss in Boots

Judge 1
        Aesthetics 9/10

Well-done simplicity always impresses me. This has everything it needs to get the character across, no frills, which really fits.

Aesthetics 7/10

This is over-the-top in an almost obnoxious way. It seems overworked compared to the other two. I do like the silver-white detailing and the impression I get of the character. You also pulled off a successful cross-dress, so kudos for that.

Aesthetics 8/10
        Creativity/use of theme 9/10

I LOVE the body – you’ve created an absolutely gorgeous dress… which makes the pile of items on the head all the more disappointing.

Overall cohesion 8/10

I like where you chose to go with this, an interesting inspiration and strong characters. While there were a few snags, overall a very good showing.

Total 72/85

Judge 2
        Aesthetics 8/10
        Creativity/use of theme 7/10
        Cohesion 9/10

Total 29/35

Grand Total :: 101/120

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

Catanaition N. D.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jamais Changeant
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Black_Daisys
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

ninjas can post now if there are any sneaking around.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ninja

Interestingggg~

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
wowowowowow wat is going on in here.

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

hallo ninja buddies.
autio is having a random contest inspiration
and trying to make banners and set up a thread at the same time,
that's what is going on in here.

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
wow gj <3

I am... sitting on a contest. I was gonna start it up right away and then I realised that Nanowrimo/Nanomango is next month >.>; And I'm still in like five or six comps...................................... ooops.

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

oops I forgot about NaNo again even though I was just talking about it with Daisy yesterday. /hides
ohwell. this shouldn't take up too much of my time. xD

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
Haha XD glad I'm not the only ATer taking part~

Enduring Bibliophile

User Image

There've been a whole bunch of us for the last couple years.
last year I completely failed... got sick day 3 and didn't leave my bed for a week. >.<
hopefully this year goes better.

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
Oh no : C I am going to hate myself by the end of the month since I am going from not drawing very much at all -> draw 30 comic pages in 30 days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff