Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Loiterer

My avatar's are pretty average looking, I dress as I would in normal life for the most part, so I just did up a potion and white hair, and I fit in to the event. It's not to hard for me, but I can see that if you have a pretty particular and bad a** avatar, it would be hard to maintain one for the event. Especially if you didn't care about it. lol.

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I decided to dress up for the event, it took me a couple tries to nail it but i haven't been able to bring myself to change out of it, i guess i put too much effort into getting a good character down that i'd hate for it to not be used for the entirety of the event

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I had that problem...

I was doing a certain quest to have my avatar to look almost exactly like my WoW main character that I use to play a few years ago.

The thing is, when I finish questing all of those items.....I got bored from that idea and went with another cosplay that I can recycle of all the quest items that I've used before. x_X And quite frankly, recycled items comes out WAY better than to be bought from quests...

-~--~-

Heroic Fairy

User Image

I had a more demonic looking avi, before I switched it to this school girl/witchling one.

For some reason, the demonic look just doesn't suit me. cat_confused

Stellar Succubus

Holiday avatars.

Just, yeah. Not a fan.

Event avatars where you're expected to keep them for a day, like spirit week? Yea they're fun! But a month worth of Christmas, Easter or Halloween avatars?

I did b&w avatars for months. Or just monochrome. I stuck with that so long that it took a bit to force myself out of it. Now I'm stuck on BDSM style. But I like it as a base, and more than half my worth is on those style items.

Except this avatar, which I've kept since... yesterday, I am not sure. I'm fine with different styles. I can't do cute without it being a bit bizarre.

Stellar Succubus

Rhino Beetle
I decided to dress up for the event, it took me a couple tries to nail it but i haven't been able to bring myself to change out of it, i guess i put too much effort into getting a good character down that i'd hate for it to not be used for the entirety of the event

Why would you?! That skin, head and face item combo is brilliant!

Sometimes I guess, event avatars or stepping out of our comfort zone can help us come up with new ideas!

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
O man, just reading the title made me laugh xD I can relate, I've had avatars for months and then think "I really should change..." And I do, for all of ten minutes and then change back.

Kawaii Carnivore

Mmh well, I understand this feeling.Sometimes, I would tektek an avi ,and even though it would be a good one , I wouldn t feel good in it.I guess that we have certain styles and a unique personality which makes accepting and creating something totally different from us impossible.
I personally prefer to ALWAYS stick with something I am sure I love at least 90 % , it is better for your self-confidence .
And that ' s why the Dressing Room exist ...We can tektek something without feeling like 'oh I have to get it ' , since we are making something with the client ' s tastes...

As for the event , I have this avi set , but I might change to my other Dark Elf avi . I call him the 'Big Brother ' of the Necromancer rofl ...
I tend to just impose my characters into the event without making an entirely new one.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I don't actually have that problem. I like coming up with seasonal avatars.

Fashionable Streaker

13,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vron hardly ever changes his skin but has no hard time doing it if he feels the need... BECAUSE HES DA ORK AN ORKS AFRAID OF NUTHEN!

Sparkly Shapeshifter

... Not really.

If it's an avatar I really like, I don't have a problem wearing it for a very long time. However, if it's an avatar I'm only okay with, then the urge to change comes in fairly quickly, especially if I made a new outfit I also want to make.

yum_tea

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

There are times, like now, for me where I just can't seem to settle on a set outfit so I'll change it every few hours. This usually happens when I try to make my avatar too "cool" or over-dramatically "powerful" looking. I'll then just change it back to a (pink) non fussy, casual-looking style. sweatdrop

Sometimes and sometimes not for the event-dressing-not-being-me thing. This usually happens when you have half the forum going for the same look and I realise I have become one in a mob of many. ( I feel so hipster saying that 8D; )

Enduring Hero

I suppose I've reached a compromise-I keep the same base character, I just change my outfit to reflect the event. However, there have been times when I changed my avatar's outfit before the event finished. I always feel a bit guilty for doing that, but I can't keep my character's attire the same for long, especially when I've got a new item I want to work with! gonk

Shadowy Raider

17,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageEvents, I can do. Colour schemes I am not a fan of, I can do. Changing my avatars species, I can't do.
Dusk has been a drow for many years and is staying that way. This event means I can be very lazy and I don't even have to try and make a Halloween avatar.
I can play around in my wardrobe but I can never bring myself to save them. If I want to make an avatar of the non drow kind I'll go play with one of my mules.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff