Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

15,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Wow! I wasn't sure what to expect from that entry, but I certainly didn't think I'd do that well. xd

Glad you liked it lovest! emotion_yatta
emotion_facepalm I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING THE CURTAIN CALL TWICE! rofl oh my god, I"m so relieved ahahahah. oh man *goes to lie down on the floor*

Aekea Scarface

I didn't really intend for my character to be a fantasy character. :}
She's just a fictional character.
EDIT; Also, I would disagree that primary colors = childish. I feel like trying to make the colors too "out there" just for the sake of having them be "out there" would be a bad thing. Personally, I wanted to keep the outfit simple while still maintaining that regal-esque feel to it.

Enabler

0-DCB
EDIT; Also, I would disagree that primary colors = childish. I feel like trying to make the colors too "out there" just for the sake of having them be "out there" would be a bad thing. Personally, I wanted to keep the outfit simple while still maintaining that regal-esque feel to it.

Primary colors don't have to feel childish, I agree entirely with you on that point.
I just found the use of them in that avatar to feel childish because of the simplistic use (which is where we'll have to disagree).

But I really did like the choice to make her fictional. ^^

Enabler

Aerovinity
emotion_facepalm I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING THE CURTAIN CALL TWICE! rofl oh my god, I"m so relieved ahahahah. oh man *goes to lie down on the floor*

Let's hope Sicilia's finest clothing will help her move to the top! ^^

Aekea Scarface

lovest harding
0-DCB

Primary colors don't have to feel childish, I agree entirely with you on that point.
I just found the use of them in that avatar to feel childish because of the simplistic use (which is where we'll have to disagree).

Something more elaborate would have just felt off to me...like I was adding more just to add more. Besides, wouldn't child-like beauty be a good thing -- giving the character a feeling of eternal youth? Frankly, I don't think the avatar looks childish at all. Yes, the outfit is simple, but there's nothing childish about it. Simple does not equal childish, and elaborate does not equal adult. If anything, the two should be switched.

EDIT; On the subject of the current topic, I'm excited about this challenge! whee

Enabler

0-DCB
lovest harding
0-DCB

Something more elaborate would have just felt off to me...like I was adding more just to add more. Besides, wouldn't child-like beauty be a good thing -- giving the character a feeling of eternal youth? Frankly, I don't think the avatar looks childish at all. Yes, the outfit is simple, but there's nothing childish about it. Simple does not equal childish, and elaborate does not equal adult. If anything, the two should be switched.

EDIT; On the subject of the current topic, I'm excited about this challenge! whee

Just to clarify my original point further:
Because of the simplistic use (in the layering and item choice) of the primary colors (including the fact that there are large blocks of primary color) it reads very child-like to me.
I don't think simplicity is child-like by itself, just as I don't think primary colors are child-like by themselves.

Witty Codger

You do realize that this challenge is like asking Klaus to be even more perfect than he already is, right?

Friendly Friend

15,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm glad Ash got to "star" in at least one episode. I liked how you portrayed him. :]

Enabler

SilverFalco
I'm glad Ash got to "star" in at least one episode. I liked how you portrayed him. :]

I'm glad. I try my best to match personalities with what you guys give me. There will always be differences (especially in characters that only have a line or two), but I try.

Enabler

la faux pas
You do realize that this challenge is like asking Klaus to be even more perfect than he already is, right?

Bwuahah! Maybe I just really want to see him design his own formal outfit! xD

Witty Codger

So there's an item I love on gaia, that I have never been able to use well, and I think I'm going to try and make it work for this challenge.

Witty Codger

Thoughts on this?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Friendly Friend

15,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I like it, though it strikes me as more business casual than funeralesque formal wear.

Aekea Scarface

SilverFalco
I like it, though it strikes me as more business casual than funeralesque formal wear.
Agreed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces