Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Rose Kuran
PEYA SAKANO
Rose Kuran
Mako is too damn fickle in my opinion. It really pissed me off when Asami was coming onto Mako in the last episode, and he just went along with it and had almost kissed her. I mean, damn! Korra had left like a week ago, and he's not even worried stare I just hope that Mako receives some consequences since Bolin is a blabber mouth and would obviously tell Korra about him and Asami.

And yet people STILL. FREAKING. DEFEND HIM. emotion_facepalm

Hopefully he's in the hot seat in the next couple of episodes.

I hope they freaking torture him. -3-

Kawaii Transform

PEYA SAKANO

I did cry! You're not a wuss by far. That time was so emotional for Iroh and Zuko. I always preferred those two in the series much more than anyone else. Iroh dedicated like, his life or something, to Zuko when he was searching for Aang. And the entire time, he tried teaching tolerance and coaxed the goodness out of Zuko. I mean, after all, Zuko was only a young boy when he was expelled from the Fire Nation. I'm sure back then he had very pure intentions, which slowly were put on the back burner because he had do to anything he could to get his honor back. But in the end, he became a good person and learned so many things. He had astronomical character growth and god... I can go on about him redface

And yeah. I think all characters in AtLA had a LOT of character growth. Even Sokka, who in the end, became kind of like a fearless warrior xD

Time-traveling Senshi

Rose Kuran
Mako is too damn fickle in my opinion. It really pissed me off when Asami was coming onto Mako in the last episode, and he just went along with it and had almost kissed her. I mean, damn! Korra had left like a week ago, and he's not even worried stare I just hope that Mako receives some consequences since Bolin is a blabber mouth and would obviously tell Korra about him and Asami.

He's not worried because as far as he, Bolin, Asami, and Varrick know she's off in the Fire Nation trying to convince General Iroh and the current Fire Lord to throw their support behind the people of the Southern Water Tribe. She pretty much left in a speed boat and not a large ocean liner so it would naturally take her more than a day or two to get there. Plus, despite the fact that they have basic radio technology and phone service they don't seem to have international phone and radio communications. They're still at the very basics of the technological advances we have. So they don't know anything went wrong. You have to remember that they don't know what we the viewers know.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Chibi Halo
          You have to take into consideration what's going on around them that could be influencing what's happening in their relationships. Asami's world is crumbling around her. Her father's in prison, she can't keep the family business thriving on her own, and quite possibly the first guy she had feelings for broke up with her. Out of desperation to gain some kind of control in her life Asami turned to a successful yet at the same time questionable businessman to save her business. However, that turned out to be more bad than good. The moment she hooked up with Varrick her company was the target of thieves who nearly spelled the end of her family's company.

The moment she gets some help from Mako I do think Asami began to feel some level of control in her life. She started to feel as though there was something in her life she could control again. She's desperate for the familiar and comfortable. So when she gives away control of her family's business Asami turns to Mako to bring back the familiar. Because there's still some residual feelings between the pair and Mako is technically single having broken up with Korra and Asami doesn't have anyone in her life it was easy for him to reciprocate those feelings even for a brief moment or two.

The thing you have to remember is that the moment Varrick entered into their lives Bolin and Asami became very oblivious to everything going on around them. Why would they have reason to question the true motives of a man who "saved" a business and made someone the very first movers star?

While I do agree with you and get it, I still can't help but feel "******** YOU ASAMI, GOD DAMN IT MAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
I mean seriously, he clearly isn't over Korra, and when Asami kissed him he looked really uncomfortable, but he's all "Lol, I'm OK with this."? Gah. *pouts*
Korra needs to be less annoying. Thankfully it looks like she just might get some growth in the spirit world. I'm not holding my breath much on that, though.

Bolin needs to see that he's being used. He'll be happier if he can use his talents without the manipulation. On another note, I'd like to see him learn metal bending if only just to better himself.

Asami needs to gain some more self respect and learn how to be confident in her independence. She's got to realize at some point that she doesn't need her dad, Varrick, or Mako to 'win' in life. Just because her company is in trouble doesn't mean she has to sink with it or stop looking for her own passions in life outside of the family business.

Eska and Desna need to ditch their dad. Seriously.

Mako needs to learn from Lin how to actually be a stealthy detective hero instead of doing it wrong. Also, he needs to stay single. I think most people are tired of his dating drama by now.

Tahno should come back because he has potential to be a great character if given attention. The bad boy hero who used to be a villain, even a minor one, always gets some fans. Even if it's for just one scene, I hope he comes back. Also, I agree with the Korra/Tahno pairing. I usually don't get into shipping, but that one sounds like a good idea. No matter how he's developed, he'd still be better with her than Mako.

Time-traveling Senshi

soren_alenko
While I do agree with you and get it, I still can't help but feel "******** YOU ASAMI, GOD DAMN IT MAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"
I mean seriously, he clearly isn't over Korra, and when Asami kissed him he looked really uncomfortable, but he's all "Lol, I'm OK with this."? Gah. *pouts*

I wouldn't go so far as to be all "F you Asami" it's more like a case of "What the heck Asami quit making stupid mistakes and open your eyes" because she's been so blinded to what's really going on that she refuses to believe that maybe she's been doing the wrong things and Varrick is way wrong for her. For Mako again it's not all what the OP named this topic but rather a moment of "Quit thinking with your man parts and start using your head when it comes to girls and romance you dunce" because he's not using his head at all.

Devoted Wench

9,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
LoK...probably shouldn't have had romance drama in the first place. At least not to this degree.

From a character development standpoint I'm actually okay with how the relationships have played out thus far (since Book 2 anyway). Starting with the reason that was brought up once or twice: NEITHER Korra, Mako, nor, Asami are completely innocent. Korra was being obnoxious to the point she pushed Mako away, Asami let her feelings of vulnerability get to her to the point of wanting to get back with Mako, and Mako is in the same boat as Asami. As a person, Mako does need to grow up more, but his inability to balance relationships is a perfectly valid flaw. It makes sense from the perspective that he's a teenage boy who has very little experience in dating, relatively speaking, and like Asami, he's feeling vulnerable because he just broke up with his girlfriend and work hasn't been going well, on top of Varrick's shenanigans.

Mako really isn't being played up as some playboy who uses women like tissue so much then, quite frankly, as someone who's just really naive. He's going about things the wrong way, suddenly jumping back to Asami when things start to go wrong, but it works with the context so I'm okay with it.

Rahym Suh-rees's Partner

Distinct Smoker

10,275 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
Accidental Enigma
PEYA SAKANO

I also greatly dislike Asami, and I think that Korra+Iroh NEEDS to be fate.

I like Asami... but hate her obsession with Mako. Korra+Iroh should be a thing... and I'm not normally one to ship. redface

Bashful Millionaire

Bored-Dude8
Accidental Enigma
PEYA SAKANO

I like Asami... but hate her obsession with Mako. Korra+Iroh should be a thing... and I'm not normally one to ship. redface

I like Asami as a person, but she's yet to grab my attention as a very interesting character. She may surprise me, though~.
As far as Korra+Iroh...I just think they'd be an amazing match. Though we've not seen too, too much of him, yet, I think he'd be terribly romantical. And plus..his lineage is perdy darn nice, too. emotion_drool

Rahym Suh-rees's Partner

Distinct Smoker

10,275 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
Accidental Enigma
Bored-Dude8
Accidental Enigma
PEYA SAKANO

I like Asami as a person, but she's yet to grab my attention as a very interesting charactershe may surprise me, though~.
As far as Korra+Iroh...I just think they'd be an amazing match. Though we've not seen too, too much of him, yet, I think he'd be terribly romantical. And plus..his lineage is perdy darn nice, too. emotion_drool

I may have gone a little fanboyish when I first saw him (I did, I really did), he seems to match Korra really well. When he was planning to help her family in the civil war he was just as rash as she would have been... except he had his duties keeping him from doing so. Those genetics are all firebender (though he looks pretty German)... zuko voice for the win. mrgreen

Bashful Millionaire

Bored-Dude8

I may have gone a little fanboyish when I first saw him (I did, I really did), he seems to match Korra really well. When he was planning to help her family in the civil war he was just as rash as she would have been... except he had his duties keeping him from doing so. Those genetics are all firebender (though he looks pretty German)... zuko voice for the win. mrgreen

I know~!
I was at least ten kinds of nostalgic when I heard him speak.

Also I tried to message you back, but it says you have PMs disabled. o//o

Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Accidental Enigma
Bored-Dude8

I know~!

I pretty much squealed when I found out he was named after Zuko's grandpapa. And then I threw a pillow at my dog in glee when I heard him speak...I think my dog never did forgive me for that. sweatdrop

Rahym Suh-rees's Partner

Distinct Smoker

10,275 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
PEYA SAKANO
Accidental Enigma
Bored-Dude8

I know~!

I pretty much squealed when I found out he was named after Zuko's grandpapa. And then I threw a pillow at my dog in glee when I heard him speak...I think my dog never did forgive me for that. sweatdrop

His firebending was so much better than anything I've seen Mako do. I think the voice seems out of place because he has such a manly face, but I won't complain because its still pretty awesome.

Rahym Suh-rees's Partner

Distinct Smoker

10,275 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
The direction of this forum-> Mako sucks compared to Iroh. burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash