Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wang Fire. Everything is better with more Wang Fire.

No Wang Fire was not just an alias Sokka once used. He's so great he gave Sokka that name WITH HIS MIND.

I want Korra book three or four to be called Wang Fire.
see
biggrin D

Dangerous Lunatic

Yes - it IS missing a healthy dose of STDs.

Greedy Capitalist

Does anybody go to school anymore. . .?

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
iKarnezar

With reference to inane statements or the times at which people are posting? If you mean the latter - school has been out for several weeks.

Greedy Capitalist

AkaTsuki-chan
iKarnezar

With reference to inane statements or the times at which people are posting? If you mean the latter - school has been out for several weeks.

I meant in the Avatar universe. In TLA, there were schools, but in LOK, there don't seem to be any. All the Airbender kids seem to spend all their time at home.

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
iKarnezar
AkaTsuki-chan
iKarnezar

I meant in the Avatar universe. In TLA, there were schools, but in LOK, there don't seem to be any. All the Airbender kids seem to spend all their time at home.

My bad. sweatdrop Education probably isn't compulsory/available to lower class citizens, and I wouldn't be surprised if the airbender kids have all their schooling needs taken care of through homeschooling - I doubt Aang went to 'school' as much as he was educated by the monks. As far as I saw, the fire nation was the only one that had formal schools - I wouldn't be surprised if the wealthy citizens of the earth kingdom had access to schooling, but I doubt the water tribe had much in that regard. It looked like women were trained in 'womanly duties' and men were trained in 'manly duties.'
what korra's missing? neutral

Friendly Raider

iKarnezar
AkaTsuki-chan
iKarnezar

The airbender kids are monks I would presume from the traditional style of dress and so forth, living in the last air temple. So I'd have to agree with AkaTsuki that school probably isn't a big deal for them. And if you think, they're "progressing" the time periods to somewhat match our own history, and during the industrial revolution it was no big deal for kids to work in factories, so maybe school will get to a focal point later in the Avatar universe.
I try to make a fun topic and no one bites. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces