Welcome to Gaia! ::

How would you rate the Legend Of Korra Series Finale?

A: I couldn't have asked for more 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 18 ]
B: More would really have helped, but still strong 0.35632183908046 35.6% [ 31 ]
C: Eh....much to be desired 0.1264367816092 12.6% [ 11 ]
D: Lol, no thanks 0.022988505747126 2.3% [ 2 ]
F: Trash 0.18390804597701 18.4% [ 16 ]
Don't make me rate s**t! I loved this, the series, and the franchise! 0.10344827586207 10.3% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 87 ]
< 1 2

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Yes Sequitur

Bolin would've gone through it like Asami went through her father's death. How is that hard to imagine?

It's not hard, I can imagine that's exactly how they would have addressed it. I guess I was thinking that I would want to see Mako's death have a lasting impression on Bolin's character (as people have argued Bolin never changes, I would think an incident like that would definitely change him) but since it is the final episode there wouldn't really be time for them to show something like that.

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Silvia Crow
M e i
Silvia Crow
I...was highly satisfied with the season finale. I don't think they did anything that I was like "Guys no stahp" even a little bit.

Also, that feeling when your OTPs become reality. heart

lol, I don't know that feeling. tbh I really don't care about shipping enough to have an OTP.
I did end up liking most of the final pairings, but I wasn't really rooting for any in particular.

But I really liked the action scenes this final. And Hiroshi's death gave me serious feels... I was in tears. And I do not cry, especially not for fictional characters, very often.

Well less OTP and just the two you'd really like to see hook up 3nodding But Korrasami aside, I giggled and squealed like an idiot when Varrick proposed.

The action was amazing, though I could feel Hiroshi's death coming from a mile away. Didn't make it any less sad, but I kinda saw it coming.

Oddly enough, the season finale has left me with a sense of "Ya know what, I don't really want any more episodes, any more would sort of ruin things". The comics on the other hand I will be reading with much enthusiasm.

Yes, I am looking forward to more comics! xD
Though I am still more excited about more Gaang comics coming out.
I admit, I only really started liking the LOK characters this last couple of seasons. Varrick's proposal was pretty adorable though. ^_^
M e i
Yes Sequitur

Bolin would've gone through it like Asami went through her father's death. How is that hard to imagine?

It's not hard, I can imagine that's exactly how they would have addressed it. I guess I was thinking that I would want to see Mako's death have a lasting impression on Bolin's character (as people have argued Bolin never changes, I would think an incident like that would definitely change him) but since it is the final episode there wouldn't really be time for them to show something like that.

Bolin is one of the most static characters in the series. I'd be surprised if they would decide to make him more dynamic in the fniale.

Original Genius

6,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Can people stop with the whole "Korrasami" shipping. It isn't going to happen... they're just girl friends who are close because of how much s**t they've been through. Holding hands and smiling at one another is hardly proof of love interest, considering how often girls do things like this anyways. Though if it did happen, I wouldn't be mad. In fact I would be glad that Korra is finally happy. After that ending, she deserves it.

But all in all, I loved the ending. Glad Kuvira had a change of heart. I liked her and was saddened when she became a villain. Though she was a pretty bad a** villain so by the end, I was pleased with her overall character. Took the whole city and the Avatar to bring her down, and they still nearly failed. Crazy... and that gigantic robot at the end? Nuts.

At first I was sceptical about this season with the way it had started. A broken Avatar who was beat up by everyone. Doesn't make for an interesting start when people watch the show to see some bad a** Avatar s**t, but I have to say that the way it ended and the whole season as a whole more than made up for the lackluster beginning. At least in my honest opinion, though I'm sure some disagree and they are welcome to their own opinions.

But anyways, my favourite part has to be how everyone (Korra, Mako, Bolin, the Airbenders, the Beifong family, Asami, Varrick and Julie) worked together to bring the giant 'bot down. It was cool and a bliss to watch.

Also, forgot to mention Prince Wu (spelling?) really surprised me, and he really did a good job with the evacuation. I was stunned... and why did people think his singing was bad? It wasn't that bad. My ears didn't bleed, so that's good. I didn't make a face, nor did I mute the sound... rather him sing then Varrick...

I am now saddened that the last season is over, but I will have to sit down with some friends one weekend and have a LoK marathon, watching all four seasons in two days. That'll be fun.

Then I need to remaster Pro-bending and change some things to make it eligible for mutants with hydrokinesis, pyrokinesis and terrakinesis so that my friends and I can incorporate an exciting sport for mutants in various academies since in our Mutant Campaign we attend Frost Institute of Higher Learning. I really enjoyed the idea of pro-bending and I think it would make an excellent sport for mutants.

Feral Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
i agree with everything you said, especially about Korrasami <3 <3 <3
But what's wrong with Kya? :

IRL Guest

My biggest complaint about the ending was that there wasn't enough Team Avatar 2.0 bonding. It just felt incomplete that Korra, Bolin, Mako and Asami didn't get their last group bonding time before Asami and Korra went into the spirit world. There wasn't enough interactions between all of the characters but that's due to the budget cut and a short season.

Other than that, I loved the finale. So many good things going on emotion_kirakira And holy jeebus, there were a quite a few times when I thought someone other than Hiroshi was going to die. Honestly, if they had more time, I'm pretty sure Mako (and a few others) would have died or be more severely hurt. That scene where he was going to blow up the mecha suit just screamed character death in my mind emotion_0A0

Anxious Senshi

Honestly I think the finale was pretty impressive, especially imcomparason to my feelings on earlier finales. It's been a bumpy ride and while LoK isn't ATLA in the end I am very pleased with a lot of it.
I think they definitely could have used a little extra run time on bringing things together and concluding a good deal of loose ends, and when you look at the season the fact is they probably did intend on that, however with the budget cuts that wasn't possible.
I'm very happy to see a thread touching on all the amazing things that happened in the finale and not the one big amazing thing at the end.
I was so overwhelmed with all the other developement I almost forgot how exciting it was that Pema was getting some actual screen time! Which was awesome, it's great whenever we get a look at just how awesome Pema is.
The development of Prince Wu is something that I think is something that isn't getting talked about enough. He appeared in all of 9 episodes and I adored him the entire time. Getting to see him become mature and an excellent leader that was able to recognize what would be best for the people of the Earth Kingdom was such a joy. I have to agree I love that even more mature and responsible didn't mean that he was no longer amusing. I was very impressed with his ability to recognize what kind of help the civillians needed. When he said he was going to get help that was the last thing I expected, he was able to think through what the most effective form of help was needed to get people safely out of the crossfire. It was hilarious, but at the same time so so impressive for his character.

The collaborative effort of everyone in order to take down the Colossus. Not only was their organization great, but I think people don't give the team enough credit for seeing how their strategy was a result of listening to everybody's input and no show boating to try and be the only hero. It's also major props to Tenzin, because can you imagine how difficult it is to grow into the place where you can let your own children help take on something like that.
The animation was stunning and the fight between Kuvira and Korra was wonderful, I can't add much more to what has already been said about it here, but wow. It was very impressive and I was pleased with the entirety of the taking down of the colossus.

I am very happy with the Korrasami, I want to be clear I haven't always shipped Korrasami, because before they developed a bond I just couldn't see it at all. I adore a good LGBTQ+ couple, but I don't really ship unless I feel like it could work. From book 1 and I was the one saying I though Korra should be single at the end of the series and the ending did provide that as a viable ending. I can feel both ways that Korra and Asami could go and my personal feeling is yes, they are best friends and I do feel that they are both best friends and developing a romantic side to their strong bond. Which isn't uncommon when you look at the amount of couples that cite their significant other as also being their best friend.
I have to say I was very pleased with the progress between Mako and Korra, their relationship development made me so extraordinarily happy. Yes, they both were attracted to each other and felt strong feelings,but they realized that it just wasn't going to work between them. The fact they were able to move on, remain good friends with a deep and strong friendship and trust made me so so happy and I was very impressed.

Time-traveling Lunatic

Loved the finale, the animation was excellent , so was the action biggrin
Joe Withrow
Can people stop with the whole "Korrasami" shipping. It isn't going to happen... they're just girl friends who are close because of how much s**t they've been through. Holding hands and smiling at one another is hardly proof of love interest, considering how often girls do things like this anyways. Though if it did happen, I wouldn't be mad. In fact I would be glad that Korra is finally happy. After that ending, she deserves it.

But all in all, I loved the ending. Glad Kuvira had a change of heart. I liked her and was saddened when she became a villain. Though she was a pretty bad a** villain so by the end, I was pleased with her overall character. Took the whole city and the Avatar to bring her down, and they still nearly failed. Crazy... and that gigantic robot at the end? Nuts.

At first I was sceptical about this season with the way it had started. A broken Avatar who was beat up by everyone. Doesn't make for an interesting start when people watch the show to see some bad a** Avatar s**t, but I have to say that the way it ended and the whole season as a whole more than made up for the lackluster beginning. At least in my honest opinion, though I'm sure some disagree and they are welcome to their own opinions.

But anyways, my favourite part has to be how everyone (Korra, Mako, Bolin, the Airbenders, the Beifong family, Asami, Varrick and Julie) worked together to bring the giant 'bot down. It was cool and a bliss to watch.

Also, forgot to mention Prince Wu (spelling?) really surprised me, and he really did a good job with the evacuation. I was stunned... and why did people think his singing was bad? It wasn't that bad. My ears didn't bleed, so that's good. I didn't make a face, nor did I mute the sound... rather him sing then Varrick...

I am now saddened that the last season is over, but I will have to sit down with some friends one weekend and have a LoK marathon, watching all four seasons in two days. That'll be fun.

Then I need to remaster Pro-bending and change some things to make it eligible for mutants with hydrokinesis, pyrokinesis and terrakinesis so that my friends and I can incorporate an exciting sport for mutants in various academies since in our Mutant Campaign we attend Frost Institute of Higher Learning. I really enjoyed the idea of pro-bending and I think it would make an excellent sport for mutants.

They were holding all 4 hands & facing eachother rather than turning their necks to look at eachother. The atmosphere of the scene should've been clear to you

Tenacious Hellhound

Yes Sequitur
Mako should have died. I like him but still. That would have been good for plot. That korrasami ending was predictable. I mean seriously, think about it.

I expected a LOT of deaths

Just the one with a lot of meaning behind it though felt good though.

Please cut down any final ties Asami might have had with Republic City and kind of helps making her "let's ditch this joint for a while at least" attitude at the end all the more believable.

Magnetic Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Ya um so wheres all the avatar over poweredness go to. I mean I bet aang could of single handly taken that giant even at not his prime.
minato namikaze1
Ya um so wheres all the avatar over poweredness go to. I mean I bet aang could of single handly taken that giant even at not his prime.

No he couldn't

Anxious Snowflake

27,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cool Cat 500
How can people write so much? XD

I still need to find out how it got to that point. I stopped watching at the end of season 2.

Friendly Inquisitor

The series ended great but I want answers to other questions!!! Like who is Zuko's wife, what happened to Sokka, etc etc

Retro Punk

YES ! To everything you said ! And yes to thinking that the season needed to be longer. i just wish that i knew why nick was the way it was. So that lil bit of anger i feel towards it coud be better justified.
On the "Colossal flop" i am so glad they went that route. That it was a team effort to take that thing down. Because if it had been other wise it would have been boring. I mean i think the whole reason that Korra became more compassionate was that she realized just how powerful she truly is. Basically she is SOOOO powerful THAT she does not need kill. If she had more a strategic brutal heartless mind. All she needed to do was suck all the air out of the mecha . And boom ep over in less that a minute. OR just blood bend everyone insde? Or fill the inside with fire....BUT instead ! She tries her best to be a GOOD ,decent human being ! And avoid unnecessary death and violence . I wonder if we were to see Korra in later years would she be like Buddha or Ghandi kind of character?

I have more to say... but it's not coming to me right now. In fact i think i posted about it on another thread. For instace all the unaswered questions of the avatar universe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff