Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seriously, guys, why is everyone hating on Mako? I mean, he's not my favorite character, but I don't hate him. I've even heard lots of people say he should be cut from the series entirely. Yes, his character is way underdeveloped, but LoK was supposed to be a miniseries, and, with everything going on in the plot, they didn't have an episode to waste on Bolin and Mako's past.

Also, why so much makorra hate? Yeah it was rushed and fickle, but I thought it was very true to how teenage romance tends to be.

I'm pretty sure that the next 3 seasons will be used to add more depth to all of the characters and make the romance more interesting, so people need to relax. It's all going to get fixed! XD I hope...

Mega Fatcat

3 seasons? 3 SEASONS?! WHAT IS THIS NECROMANCY?!?!
Probably because people hate Twilight a lot, and that was more than a little Twilight-esque. DNL.

Hopeless Dreamer

Aw... I like Mako, why everybody hatin'?
Korra and Mako made a great couple in my eyes.
The latest was what I was expecting and made me have mixed feeling about it~ heart
CHiKiDORii
3 seasons? 3 SEASONS?! WHAT IS THIS NECROMANCY?!?!

Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard that they're set for at least another three seasons. Exciting, right?
I hate Makorra because it destroyed any portion of manhood Mako had left. He's in a dress. That better be what all the Republic City cops are wearing these days. mad

...Korra's just too awesome for him to handle.

But seriously, I think both teens need to settle the ******** down and think instead of rushing into things.

Genius

I think Mako recieves alot of hate because his Character is a lot like a bad written OC. Its my oppinion also. I mean look at him: He never has to pay for what he does wrong, he always gets sheltered and protected by the writers, and in the end even gets the girl of his dreams even though he has not proven to deserve her at all. Also he's always the one "saving" the situation even though we get never shown anything of his actual skill. The writers just tell us that he's a strong and talented Bender, but do they proof it, no they don't ever. I mean if you want to count these few battle scenes he had, okay, but I for my part didn't find them very impressive. Yeah... Mako reminds me of Edward Cullen from twilight somehow. I know I'm going to get bashed now, but that's my oppinion and haters gonna hate! (;
Boohoo this hate is only going to be temporarily.

He is like a Zuko.

Slap on two seasons for character development and VOILA.
Fizzlewitz
Seriously, guys, why is everyone hating on Mako? I mean, he's not my favorite character, but I don't hate him. I've even heard lots of people say he should be cut from the series entirely. Yes, his character is way underdeveloped, but LoK was supposed to be a miniseries, and, with everything going on in the plot, they didn't have an episode to waste on Bolin and Mako's past.

Also, why so much makorra hate? Yeah it was rushed and fickle, but I thought it was very true to how teenage romance tends to be.

I'm pretty sure that the next 3 seasons will be used to add more depth to all of the characters and make the romance more interesting, so people need to relax. It's all going to get fixed! XD I hope...

It's because he's such a douchebag. He started off as a character with potential, but crashed and burned from there. It's one thing to be underdeveloped because it was supposed to be a mini-series. It's another to write him like a horribly written OC character, as Amonilicious said.

Mako treats everyone like crap - every main character he has ever interacted with. Yet, he never had to deal with any consequences of his actions.

He's just not a very likable character. I have to admit, when he was fighting with Amon, I was hoping they'd take each other out. That would have been nice.

Anyway, a lot of people don't like Makorra because they don't like Mako. (It's hard to truly value a relationship between two people, as in shipping, if you don't like BOTH people in the relationship.) And many people who DO ship Makorra only like fanon!Makorra because they agree that the romance was horribly written in the show. So they turn to fanfiction. Only a small segment of the fandom actually likes Makorra the way it happened in the show.

Also, I don't think it's like the average teenage romance at all. Unless we're using Twilight as an example. I have never had a relationship that shallow, nor have I ever met anyone who has.

I think it'll be hard to add depth to the characters when they're building on the foundation that Book 1 left behind.
Amonilicious
I think Mako recieves alot of hate because his Character is a lot like a bad written OC. Its my oppinion also. I mean look at him: He never has to pay for what he does wrong, he always gets sheltered and protected by the writers, and in the end even gets the girl of his dreams even though he has not proven to deserve her at all. Also he's always the one "saving" the situation even though we get never shown anything of his actual skill. The writers just tell us that he's a strong and talented Bender, but do they proof it, no they don't ever. I mean if you want to count these few battle scenes he had, okay, but I for my part didn't find them very impressive. Yeah... Mako reminds me of Edward Cullen from twilight somehow. I know I'm going to get bashed now, but that's my oppinion and haters gonna hate! (;

^ Reminds me of Aang a certain someone from ATLA.

Although Mako is by far the worst main character from either show.

Newbie Member

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
mako i don't hate him that much the only thing i hate him is when he started loving that girl! [not korra]. i was happy in the end that korra and mako kissed but it didn' left like.... the specail feeling at alll!! to me but this is just my opion

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I just dislike teenage boys in general.

Shy Darling

Mako is a gold digger. He was only interested in Korra becaus she was the Avatar and Asami because she was rich. When Asami no longer had the money, Mako practically drop her doff a cliff since Korra had now more power then her. He went on with his feeling with Korra, ignoring Bolin and Asami only feelings. He is self. Makorra isn't healthy because Mako and Korra only lust after each other and always fight. That is not a stable retaliation ship.

Shy Darling

Social Analyzer
Boohoo this hate is only going to be temporarily.

He is like a Zuko.

Slap on two seasons for character development and VOILA.

Don't ever compare him to Zuko. Zuko is 1000 times the man Mako would wish to be. talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff