Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aven Loreli
Love Psycle
cursedgnomes
Mako was dating Asami to fund his sports career, and he was keeping Korra as his bench girl.

Oh! But Mako lost both his parents and is taking care of his little brother. He doesn't know how to get in touch with his feelings =3=... nope. That's not gonna wash. The very fact that he has been through such emotional trauma should make him a person more in touch with his feelings. Having lost someone, his immediate reaction should be either to emotionally detach himself from other people, or to hold close the people he learns to care about.

The latter seemed to happen with Mako when he was worried about Korra, but he treated Asami like dirt. Which makes his character contradictory in itself.

You can't help but hate a character who seems to lack the basics in relationship ethics.

Actually, Mako was clearly NOT just dating Asami for her money, because you could tell that he liked her even when they first met, and then they went to Hiroshi the day after their date, where it was THEN brought up that the Fire Ferrets would be funded.

Two: How can you decide what someone's reaction should or should not be in the event of losing a loved one? People deal with things differently. He did not treat Asami like dirt at all, because if he had, she most likely wouldn't have stuck around. That's why she didn't suspect that Mako had mixed feelings until Korra got captured.

And again, about the relationship thing? I WILL SAY AGAIN that he is a normal teenage boy. They do this all the time. The whole mixed feelings thing. I don't blame him for not knowing what he felt at the moment. I mean, how was he supposed to? Korra only JUST confessed her feelings toward him that night. It all sprung on him, which in turn, made his feelings for Korra surface themselves, all in one night, when he already had a good thing going with Asami. Of course he was confused. No one in their right mind would blame him for that.

Always with the "HE'S A NORMAL TEENAGE BOY" s**t.

News flash, sweet cheeks, that doesn't absolve a ~teen boy~ from being the jerk they can be. And Mako was an a**.

That can easily be thrown back in your face. Always with the "Mako is an a**" s**t. Really though? Really. As if all teenage boys aren't JUST LIKE MAKO. I really think you guys are just trying to find something to criticize about this character, only because so many people like him.

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Love Psycle
Aven Loreli
Love Psycle
cursedgnomes
Mako was dating Asami to fund his sports career, and he was keeping Korra as his bench girl.

Oh! But Mako lost both his parents and is taking care of his little brother. He doesn't know how to get in touch with his feelings =3=... nope. That's not gonna wash. The very fact that he has been through such emotional trauma should make him a person more in touch with his feelings. Having lost someone, his immediate reaction should be either to emotionally detach himself from other people, or to hold close the people he learns to care about.

The latter seemed to happen with Mako when he was worried about Korra, but he treated Asami like dirt. Which makes his character contradictory in itself.

You can't help but hate a character who seems to lack the basics in relationship ethics.

Actually, Mako was clearly NOT just dating Asami for her money, because you could tell that he liked her even when they first met, and then they went to Hiroshi the day after their date, where it was THEN brought up that the Fire Ferrets would be funded.

Two: How can you decide what someone's reaction should or should not be in the event of losing a loved one? People deal with things differently. He did not treat Asami like dirt at all, because if he had, she most likely wouldn't have stuck around. That's why she didn't suspect that Mako had mixed feelings until Korra got captured.

And again, about the relationship thing? I WILL SAY AGAIN that he is a normal teenage boy. They do this all the time. The whole mixed feelings thing. I don't blame him for not knowing what he felt at the moment. I mean, how was he supposed to? Korra only JUST confessed her feelings toward him that night. It all sprung on him, which in turn, made his feelings for Korra surface themselves, all in one night, when he already had a good thing going with Asami. Of course he was confused. No one in their right mind would blame him for that.

News flash, sweet cheeks, that doesn't absolve a ~teen boy~ from being the jerk they can be. And Mako was an a**.

That can easily be thrown back in your face. Always with the "Mako is an a**" s**t. Really though? Really. As if all teenage boys aren't JUST LIKE MAKO. I really think you guys are just trying to find something to criticize about this character, only because so many people like him.

And apparently you missed or selectively ignored my other posts.

The work of desperate Mako/Makorra fangirl.

6,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Citizen 200
As a guy just as old as Mako, lemme be the first one to say his actions are full of "********" and by no means is he the poster boy for the rest of us. In fact, if all teenage boys are just like Mako, why isn't Bolin just like Mako?
Aven Loreli
Love Psycle
Aven Loreli
Love Psycle
cursedgnomes

And apparently you missed or selectively ignored my other posts.

The work of desperate Mako/Makorra fangirl.

Look. I'm not going to start a petty fight on a Korra forum. Sorry if that's what you were looking for. But I just suggest that before you post things on here, you read things on the forum that come from someone opposing your opinion. Typical forum courtesy. Honestly, we wouldn't be having this argument, had you read my previous posts. And yes, I read yours. Kay thanks bye (:

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

Aven Loreli

Another tip~

heart 4laugh
Aw, shucks, glad my wordvomit was of use to someone, haha. Your avatar is too adorable, btw!
Oh and some are comparing Mako and Zuko. Let's think about it guys: Maybe it's just a firebender thing?? whee
I mean both dudes didnt have their parents pretty much. They dont know how to really show emotion, which can make them more prone to screwing up with emotional issues or have a more difficult time showing them. Although Mako is better at showing his emotions than Zuko. But yes, let's all just enjoy the series! biggrin

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kick Rocks Sentral
As a guy just as old as Mako, lemme be the first one to say his actions are full of "********" and by no means is he the poster boy for the rest of us. In fact, if all teenage boys are just like Mako, why isn't Bolin just like Mako?

You know I've often wondered how many eighteen year old (or younger) guys have been offended by the "just a teenager" argument.

Also, wow @ OP assumnig all teenage boys are exactly the same.
I don't think he's bad at all

Aged Tycoon

10,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bidding War 100
I've heard the theory that Mako's terrible relationship decisions are a result of his upbringing making him a bit of an opportunist. Personally, I think he's just another victim of a rushed story. He's still awful though.
mako isn't a bad person o-o who in the world would consider him bad aside from asami's dad?? >=U
Makos alright, but my fav is bolin because he's funny and not always dramatic like mako.

Devout Voter

4,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mako is the epitome of guys all the girls want, no matter how douche-y they are. I really don't understand why he likes Korra in the first place.

"You're pretty amazing."

Isn't enough to justify your feelings towards someone. And forget all of the traits Bolin pointed out on why he likes Korra, it seemed like he knew Korra more than Mako. And as a guy myself, I can say good guys don't treat their girlfriends like dirt. It isn't a teenage boy thing, it's an act of a douchebag.

/end rant

Gambino Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Flatterer 200
Mako is an utter jerk, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily consider him a bad person. He's an incredibly dumb and self-centered 18-year-old, that's for sure, but... hrm.

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Window Shopper 100
He's like 16. 16 yr old guys usually like more than one girl at a time. It happens all the time and it's nothing new. He's not a bad person just because he isn't madly in love with either one of them and has mixed emotions. He dated Asami before he new who her father was and Asami was the one who picked him up.
Mako originally stayed away from Korra because he knew Bolin liked her and he didn't want to take her away from his brother. Bros before hoes.
After all that happen, Mako slowly realized that his feelings for Korra were stronger than his feelings for Asami and at that point Bolin was over his heart break.

Mako isn't a bad person just because it took him a while to figure out his feelings.

that isnt even true a.hes 18 and b.hes not a bad person,he grew up on the streets and is trying to take care of his younger brother. (which is 16) anyway,random question,WHO THINKS AMON IS COMING BACK IN SEASON 2!!?? I NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff