Welcome to Gaia! ::

I honestly don't understand why everyone rags on Mako so much. I have read and read and read everyone's opinion on the character, and I still have not found any substantial reason why Mako is such a bad person, character, whatever you'd like to call him. Go ahead, shoot me.

No, I'm being serious though. Let's take into account that Mako lost both of his parents at a young age.

How many people do you meet in real life that have lost, let's say, a dad in some way shape or form? And how do they act?

Now imagine someone who lost both parents. Thank you.

Not only that, but he also had to take care of Bolin for basically his whole life. What does this entail? Mako had to place his brothers wants, needs, and feelings before his own in every aspect. So obviously he doesn't know what's right and wrong on the topic of Asami vs. Korra. He's never had to really focus on his feelings.

NEXT. He and Asami DID break up. Just because they didn't cry and scream and throw a fit, does NOT mean that they didn't break up. It means that they are mature adults, handling an adult matter in an adult way. What's so wrong with that?

Please give me your thoughts. I want to know what makes you hate Mako so much.
I wouldn't call him a bad but misunderstood person who speaks what his heart tells him. stare

Friendly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Just kidding. I actually think Mako is an okay character. He is just a jerk sometimes kinda like Zuko

Trash

He's a bad person because he shot me with lighting. NOT COOL MAKO. NOT. COOL.
Xx-_Sparkie_-xX
I wouldn't call him a bad but misunderstood person who speaks what his heart tells him. stare

Exactly my point! He's totally misunderstood, and people choose to take that and this dynamic, interesting character, and say he's 'bad', just because they don't understand.
I'm just gonna pull a Britney on this matter...

LEAVE MAKO ALONE!!!!! crying crying crying

He's just tryin 2 live his life! #makorra #masami #iloveyoumako
I dont think hes a bad person. I actually think hes a bad a** hes my favorite character of the show

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
I never really hate Mako. I think he can be a jerk at time but I still love him.

Wealthy Bloodsucker

13,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Comedian Amon

Hey! You were going to take Korra, the girl he love, bending away from her. That is not cool! >_<

Shadowy Ghost

22,550 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
Mako was dating Asami to fund his sports career, and he was keeping Korra as his bench girl.

Oh! But Mako lost both his parents and is taking care of his little brother. He doesn't know how to get in touch with his feelings =3=... nope. That's not gonna wash. The very fact that he has been through such emotional trauma should make him a person more in touch with his feelings. Having lost someone, his immediate reaction should be either to emotionally detach himself from other people, or to hold close the people he learns to care about.

The latter seemed to happen with Mako when he was worried about Korra, but he treated Asami like dirt. Which makes his character contradictory in itself.

You can't help but hate a character who seems to lack the basics in relationship ethics.

Quotable Fairy

7,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
cursedgnomes
Mako was dating Asami to fund his sports career, and he was keeping Korra as his bench girl.

Oh! But Mako lost both his parents and is taking care of his little brother. He doesn't know how to get in touch with his feelings =3=... nope. That's not gonna wash. The very fact that he has been through such emotional trauma should make him a person more in touch with his feelings. Having lost someone, his immediate reaction should be either to emotionally detach himself from other people, or to hold close the people he learns to care about.

The latter seemed to happen with Mako when he was worried about Korra, but he treated Asami like dirt. Which makes his character contradictory in itself.

You can't help but hate a character who seems to lack the basics in relationship ethics.

I was going to say something... but you kinda hit the nail on the head lol
cursedgnomes

Actually, Mako was clearly NOT just dating Asami for her money, because you could tell that he liked her even when they first met, and then they went to Hiroshi the day after their date, where it was THEN brought up that the Fire Ferrets would be funded.

Two: How can you decide what someone's reaction should or should not be in the event of losing a loved one? People deal with things differently. He did not treat Asami like dirt at all, because if he had, she most likely wouldn't have stuck around. That's why she didn't suspect that Mako had mixed feelings until Korra got captured.

And again, about the relationship thing? I WILL SAY AGAIN that he is a normal teenage boy. They do this all the time. The whole mixed feelings thing. I don't blame him for not knowing what he felt at the moment. I mean, how was he supposed to? Korra only JUST confessed her feelings toward him that night. It all sprung on him, which in turn, made his feelings for Korra surface themselves, all in one night, when he already had a good thing going with Asami. Of course he was confused. No one in their right mind would blame him for that.
safirefairy13
cursedgnomes

I was going to say something... but you kinda hit the nail on the head lol

Read my reply to this.

Wheezing Capitalist

6,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
cursedgnomes

He's like 16. 16 yr old guys usually like more than one girl at a time. It happens all the time and it's nothing new. He's not a bad person just because he isn't madly in love with either one of them and has mixed emotions. He dated Asami before he new who her father was and Asami was the one who picked him up.
Mako originally stayed away from Korra because he knew Bolin liked her and he didn't want to take her away from his brother. Bros before hoes.
After all that happen, Mako slowly realized that his feelings for Korra were stronger than his feelings for Asami and at that point Bolin was over his heart break.

Mako isn't a bad person just because it took him a while to figure out his feelings.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I love Mako! biggrin Just as much as his brother. Both are cool characters. whee

Overall, he's a great guy. He's a little moody and was quite a jerk in the beginning to Korra, but that's because he thought she was an annoying fan girl. LOL It's mainly the way he handled two different girls that make people dislike him. Though I feel that people are basically judging him and hating him overall just for this mistake that he did.

As if everyone else in the world hasn't made mistakes while being in a relationship.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces