Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
When Zaheer killed the Earth Queen, notice how it shows her being suffocated, but then they don't actually SAY they killed her?

If they're going to be that brutal by showing it, then they should just say when someone dies. I mean, if you're gonna go that far, then you might as well just blurt it out. "Yeah, we killed that person." What's so hard about that?

I would think that the way we witnessed it unfold was more gruesome than just outright saying, "Yeah, that person is dead."

Dangerous Explorer

12,525 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I guess you can say ep 10 left me....... breathless cool

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Probably for legal reasons and what not.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm convinced, now, that either:

A) Nickelodeon pulled it from TV because of this scene.

...or...

B) Knowing Nickelodeon was going to put it online, the creators opted to do the scene the way they did because the rules are different.

Long have Koneitzko & DiMartino lamented how they weren't allowed to show people get killed on a kids' program shown on TV (Zhao, Jet, etc), so maybe the rules are different for streaming it online...?

Invisible Humorist

Arcoon Effox

...or...

B) Knowing Nickelodeon was going to put it online, the creators opted to do the scene the way they did because the rules are different.

Long have Koneitzko & DiMartino lamented how they weren't allowed to show people get killed on a kids' program shown on TV (Zhao, Jet, etc), so maybe the rules are different for streaming it online...?

i don't get the whole "we pulled it from TV cause this scene is brutal" argument. When you watch it online, the rating is still on the screen. Plus its on the Nick website...i'm pretty sure the target audience for the website is for kids.
I have to fully agree with you on that. I had my 8 year old sister with me watching it..and it seriously disturbed her.
Wolf of Death09
I guess you can say ep 10 left me....... breathless cool

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

*Ba dum-TTsshhhhh*

Invisible Humorist

Owchy crying
I have to fully agree with you on that. I had my 8 year old sister with me watching it..and it seriously disturbed her.

I'm sorry to hear that
lets hope she gets over it and it'll be a cool story for her to tell her friends
GhostlyMark
Owchy crying

I'm sorry to hear that
lets hope she gets over it and it'll be a cool story for her to tell her friends

She's fine now.How ever at that time it did take her awhile to calm down..and the questions she bombarded me with.
Arcoon Effox

...or...

B can't work.
I follow...one of the creators on Tumblr and tbh, it didn't seem like they knew how this was all going to flow in the end. They didn't know it would inevitably be put strictly online.

For whatever reason, I prefer the implication.
Plus, Red Lotus likes chaos. I feel like not outright saying
"THE EARTH b***h QUEEN IS DEAD"
it leads to just a bit more confusion.
It's because the line before Zaheer talked about light, and the opposite of light is darkness, and darkness is also a metaphor for death, so it's all fine.

I don't get why people are complaining about a show when in real life we avoid saying 'death' all the time anyway and come up with endless euphemisms for it.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Magical Miss Alice Jae
Arcoon Effox

...or...

B can't work.
I follow...one of the creators on Tumblr and tbh, it didn't seem like they knew how this was all going to flow in the end. They didn't know it would inevitably be put strictly online.
...unless they were expecting the transition to being solely online to begin with this episode, rather than the one before it.

At SDCC they said that the switch had been in the works for a while, and all that, so maybe Nick just didn't do it when they were supposed to. I mean, they've done a bang-up job handling the rest of this season, so something like that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Noob

I believe Zaheer announced the Queen's death, and it wouldn't be fitting if he would blatantly say "Yeah bitches y'all suck I killed the queen what what" because that wouldn't fit his theme of being a "just" person.
Also, I think it was a play on words so that people would think that the Red Lotus is a good organization. Diction plays an important role in trying to persuade a whole nation into following you.

"The Queen has been dealt with. You are all liberated from the shackles of poverty and corruption."

Or

"We killed the Queen. She's dead. You can do whatever you want now."

The first one sounds more pleasing to the ears, wouldn't you say? I think this is the main reason why they wouldn't just outright say they killed her. They've already showed her death, so I think words that correspond to the action wouldn't be too much of an offense.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I think it's fine. People kept complaining about really wanting to see air bending techniques being used to fullest and this is kind of a good start cause that's what a lot of people imagined anyways. "lung bending" xp

Adventuring Lionheart

11,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
Marcellust
I believe Zaheer announced the Queen's death, and it wouldn't be fitting if he would blatantly say "Yeah bitches y'all suck I killed the queen what what" because that wouldn't fit his theme of being a "just" person.
Also, I think it was a play on words so that people would think that the Red Lotus is a good organization. Diction plays an important role in trying to persuade a whole nation into following you.

"The Queen has been dealt with. You are all liberated from the shackles of poverty and corruption."

Or

"We killed the Queen. She's dead. You can do whatever you want now."

The first one sounds more pleasing to the ears, wouldn't you say? I think this is the main reason why they wouldn't just outright say they killed her. They've already showed her death, so I think words that correspond to the action wouldn't be too much of an offense.

Well, maybe. I guess that makes sense. Perhaps. But I don't know, it wasn't just Zaheer's announcement. Everyone else talking about her afterward neglected to say whether or not she'd been killed, and they really didn't show her dying. She could have simply fainted from lack of oxygen. It leaves loose ends. "Taking out" the Earth Queen doesn't necessarily mean death. She could be a prisoner somewhere.

On top of that, he explicitly stated that he wasn't out for domination. He wants to throw the world into chaos with no acting lead to guide the masses. So, I don't really think he needs to gloss over his words much. He could pretty much say that and just let the fallout happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff