Like how Brad and Angelina are Bragelina

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
xx Cookie-Boots xx
nitznitz
It's a couple that stands a chance of existing OUTSIDE the shipping world. Although I'm not that optimistic about it, since Korra looks like the type to fall for a very, very bad boy. A daredevil and outlaw. Not someone with a legitimate job.

Unlike Zukaang, to some degree Zutara(come on, you REALLY thought they'll be together?! He needed an emo girl, not a motherly figure), Azuko(yes, they somehow decided there's incest in Cain and Abel style sibling. eek ), and all the other completely non-canon couples(Yes, Tuki counts as non canon, you femlashers).

I dunno, Mako strikes me as a jerk with a heart of gold trying to provide for his brother more than anything.

Kataang was obvious from day 1; I just personally thought Taang could have a cuter dynamic if the writers had decided to go for it. As for Azuko, that stems from Azula permanently sounding like she's trying to seduce everyone around her.

I agree.
oohbeep
I think the only real connection is Mako = fire and Korra = water tribe.
But I like it if they do end up together because I was a fan of Zutara the whole time (sorry Aang) and this fulfills my fangirl OTP.

Actually, I think it's more like serious, hyperfocused male firebender + strong and independent water tribe gal. I'm really hoping it won't go in that direction, though, and that Mako and Korra will have their own distinctive personalities and ways to interact with each other.

5,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
sole to soul
oohbeep
But I like it if they do end up together because I was a fan of Zutara the whole time (sorry Aang) and this fulfills my fangirl OTP.

Actually, I think it's more like serious, hyperfocused male firebender + strong and independent water tribe gal. I'm really hoping it won't go in that direction, though, and that Mako and Korra will have their own distinctive personalities and ways to interact with each other.

I agree with this assessment, but I also think that they're completely separate characters.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved Zutara, and I was sad that it didn't happen. (Actually, I'm sad that Zuko hasn't shown up anywhere in A:TLoK, dead or alive, just so we know what happened to him) But I do think that Zutara fans need the validation of Makorra to be appeased. I personally like them because Bolin seemed a little overzealous about having Korra's attention, and that immediately put him in the friend zone for me.
Azistanya Lysette
sole to soul
oohbeep

I agree with this assessment, but I also think that they're completely separate characters.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved Zutara, and I was sad that it didn't happen. (Actually, I'm sad that Zuko hasn't shown up anywhere in A:TLoK, dead or alive, just so we know what happened to him) But I do think that Zutara fans need the validation of Makorra to be appeased. I personally like them because Bolin seemed a little overzealous about having Korra's attention, and that immediately put him in the friend zone for me.

Meh, I never could bring myself to really, truly acknowledge Zutara as a valid pairing, even though I loved looking at the fanart of the two together. Not trying to sound negative, but that's just how I felt about that couple.

I'm not convinced Bolin is romantically interested in Korra at all. He probably just came across that way because that's how he interacts with all women, being the funny playboy type that he is. He definitely wants to be her friend and admires her as the avatar, though.
Zutara sucks.
I can handle Makorra.
hear ed roar
I SEE WUT U DID DER!

Feral Phantom

10,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
Suicidesoldier#1
Who's zuturra? O_p

Zutara= Zuko heart Katara
If anything, Mako reminds me of Mai. But then that makes Korra Zuko..

Abomination

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a strong willed independent heroine and a darker "bad boy" counterpart.
I don't know...I think Mako is a lot more talkative then Zuko and less emo. He's also not as awkward as Zuko was (at least from what we've seen so far). And then Katara and Korra are like, complete opposites in almost every way, sooooo... rolleyes

Gracious Shapeshifter

CreativeButLazy
Honestly, besides the whole water and fire thing (which doesn't quite count since Korra is the avatar) there's really nothing that makes it like Zutara at all...

THANK YOU!

This is EXACTLY what I say. It's ridiculous that people actually believe that the creators are trying to "compensate" for the Zutara failure in the original series.

Mako is not Zuko in any way, shape, or form.

Korra is not Katara and will never be. She is too headstrong.

Therefore, Makorra cannot be Zutara 2.0.
Queen Elegance
Zutara sucks.
I can handle Makorra.

yep, I feel the same way, loved kataang, I think I can fall for this paring too, assuming it's truly going that way. sweatdrop

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
You got me, they are nothing like Katara and Zuko! Korra is very hyper and shall I say - a bit conceited? And Mako reminds me of a male version of Mai - but less emo.

I'm interested to see how they play out - but I wanna see more new characters!

Rainbow Champion

6,350 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
I've said that before, and what I meant by it is that Makorra will be the next best pairing, but one that all the people want. I never saw the connecteion between Aang and Katara, I always thought the crush was one-sided. But this new pairing is popular and looks like it's gonna be full blown love.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff